Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,086 members, 7,859,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 09:51 PM

Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare (9484 Views)

Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says / Buhari Lacks Clear Cut Direction On How To Govern Nigeria – PDP / Seized $5.7million: APC Used By ‘Foreign Interests’ To Destroy Nigeria — PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by efisher(m): 5:53pm On Mar 17, 2011
Food for thought:

Smart footballers know this: Be careful how you kick the ball to your goal keeper, you may just be scoring an own goal.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by HUMANITYY: 6:00pm On Mar 17, 2011
from PREACHER to prophet to pastor from pastor to***************** we are watching, god servant now political mouth thugging, accusing his president of bribery now attacking the best political party ACN member Tinubu in nigeria which has be proven by all their elected members in public offices in nigeria. we are still watching
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by onyengbu: 6:02pm On Mar 17, 2011
efisher:

Food for thought:

Smart footballers know this: Be careful how you kick the ball to your goal keeper, you may just be scoring an own goal.
Are you in any way suggesting that ACN and CPC are in the same team and CPC just took a powerful shot at their ACN manned goal post? grin

[size=28pt]ACN and CPC Haram![/size]
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Kc3000: 6:16pm On Mar 17, 2011
Una too funny, abeg the Pastor spoke the truth so now he's a mad man. Are u guys more informed than him about what transpired between ACN and CPC? He's going on what he knows and you noise makers are spouting information based on rumors. Pastor please say the truth and shame the devil!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by jacobs123(m): 6:22pm On Mar 17, 2011
We are overrating this TINUBU. All we need to do is to go out there in APRIL and vote in BUHARI then we simply show TINUBU that we can do it without him. He's using RIBADU as a pawn in his hands, that's why I'm not supporting RIBADU. I won't be surprised if RIBADU and TINUBU are working for GEJ but we will disappoint them!

BB all the WAY!

Tinubu is not in control of SW votes, if he thinks he is then he should have changed FASHOLA and he will find out!
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by jacobs123(m): 6:34pm On Mar 17, 2011
For those who don't know RIBADU's running mate is card carrying member of PDP. I'm not aware that he has resigned his membership. He is a member of GEJ's Presidential Advisory council and you want me to vote that ticket with the burden of GODfatherism, the same Godfatherism that has hindered FASHOLA.

if there's any breath of FRESH AIR, it is BB2011, we the people are the GOdfathers, and this is the year of the NIGERIAN voter.

My warning to Nigerians is if we refuse to bring this revolution to bear through the ballot box in April, we may have to do it the hard way like LIBYA, EGYPT etc.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by onyengbu: 6:40pm On Mar 17, 2011
jacobs123:

For those who don't know RIBADU's running mate is card carrying member of PDP. I'm not aware that he has resigned his membership. He is a member of GEJ's Presidential Advisory council and you want me to vote that ticket with the burden of GODfatherism, the same Godfatherism that has hindered FASHOLA.

if there's any breath of FRESH AIR, it is BB2011, we the people are the GOdfathers, and this is the year of the NIGERIAN voter.

My warning to Nigerians is if we refuse to bring this revolution to bear through the ballot box in April, we may have to do it the hard way like LIBYA, EGYPT etc.

First you stole our slogan and now you are threatening violence.

Your idea Haram!
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by SSaemoenl(m): 6:45pm On Mar 17, 2011
Weither good or bad, Am projecting BB for the next president. They have the 'greater improved credential' to lead the country. No sentiment attached
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by tlops(m): 6:51pm On Mar 17, 2011
onye_ngbu*:

Are you in any way suggesting that ACN and CPC are in the same team and CPC just took a powerful shot at their ACN manned goal post? grin

[size=28pt]ACN and CPC Halal![/size]
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Gbawe: 6:53pm On Mar 17, 2011
Kc3000:

Una too funny, abeg the Pastor spoke the truth so now he's a mad man. Are u guys more informed than him about what transpired between ACN and CPC? He's going on what he knows and you noise makers are spouting information based on rumors. Pastor please say the truth and shame the devil!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys will not leave issues be. In the end you force the hands of folks like us who respect Buhari. I am loathe to rubbish Bakare because that does no good for Buhari's Presidential effort but since some of you want to blindly defend Bakare's silly utterances then I say lets go !!!

This is what Bakare said:

"The greatest danger to democracy today is not the PDP; it is somewhere located in the South West," he said, while noting that the details have already been provided by former Sokoto State Governor, Attahiru Bafarawa, at a recent public event.

Is it not obvious why the above proves Bakare is a charlatan and a fraud who is always contradicting himself ? Even assuming Tinubu scuppered the ACN/CPC alliance how does that qualify him to be the "greatest danger to democracy" ? Someone should explain to Bakare that a political merger not materialising does not mean anyone has threatened democracy. Parties are not duty bound to merge regardless of how odious their mutual political foe is and if Bakare understood that he will not talk undemocratically by insinuating others are undemocratic because a mutually beneficial political merger did not happen. His innate intolerance has forced him to speak like this . If anything he is the one who is undemocratic with his utterance.

Jonathan tried to amend the electoral act to allow his appointees vote at Party Primaries . Many agreed that Mr. President's action was highly undemocratic and "unhelpful to our nascent democracy" . Yet , obviously , that does not qualify as undemocratic to Bakare . That award , according to the intolerant loud-mouth Pastor, has to go to a man who went into merger talks and decided , as he is entitled to , that the proposed merger does not benefit his Party !!! Bakare is an intolerant , sanctimonious and immature person. People spoke on both sides regarding why the merger did not happen but[b] no one [/b] , I repeat no one , called anybody the "greatest threat to democracy" on account of the alliance not happening because folks understand what democracy , or lack of it,  is. Someone should explain that to this loose cannon who joined politics yesterday yet is joining issues with everyone. Abeg , Bakare has gone too far . That much we should all agree on instead of folks defending him blindly when he maligns , unfairly , those who have been 'in the trenches' long before him,
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Kilode1: 7:04pm On Mar 17, 2011
^^ Gbawe, Your earlier post is better than this new one.

I think a lot of these NL political supporters are trying to play a vicious zero sum political game. I'll argue that it is not wise at this stage.

These politicians are all corrupt and compromised. We can make an argument for every single one of then including Buhari. If you've lived a day of your life in Nigeria, I'm confident someone can convince you of how you've benefitted from corruption or even aided it.

We are already compromised because we live in a society where the prevailing social/political system supports and encourages corruption.

The issue is that we need to prevent these politicians from uniting together in corruption. PDP/ACN/CPC etc. They all have a right to protect their political interests in a democracy. Nobody forced us to accept democracy, so here we are. Interests and political pressure groups cannot be avoided. but we need to ensure that they are not united in corruption.

That is why the power equation must be re-balanced. CPC cannot balance out PDP as it stands, neither can ACN. That fact must not be lost on them.

Politics is a game of interests, but the people suffer when all the power brokers are united in corruption.

Tinubu obviously fought against a corrupt OBJ government. His state(Lagos) and people were starved of fund for years by the OBJ/PDP govt, he had to get "creative" raise funds and fight for his own personal political survival. You may not like his tactics, I do not. I doubt if there's a pure, saintly tactic you can employ in that situation. I stand corrected

PDP and the goons in it are also fighting for their survival.

So, It should not be a winner takes all game for CPC and ACN. Nigerians suffer when one party dictates the game by crushing all enemies. Alliances need to be formed and the way I see it, the CPC/ACN alliance is the better one, Not because Buhari and Tinubu/Ribadu are saints but because the dilution of power and the psychological effect of such a change will be good for our country, nevetheless, PDP will still remain strong. I have no problem with that. just give me federalism.

It is in the interest of the politicians in those two parties to sheath their swords, raise up the wisdom banner and find a way to work together to curtail PDP's power. Nigerians will benefit from having a strong opposition.

This political cannibalism will do no one any good, except PDP -the victors on this thread so far- I'm happy for them, I'm sad for Nigerians. undecided
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Gbawe: 7:06pm On Mar 17, 2011
jacobs123:

Here we go again with the "our-shirt-is-whiter-than-yours" talk . Yes Adeola is a plant also rather than a concerned Nigerian who wants what is best for Nigeria . For your info , first thing Adeola did was to resign from all official positions when he accepted to run alongside Ribadu. While Bakare was at the pulpit Adeola was working for Global philantropy forums regarding financial services for the poor . It is beginning to get annoying the number of "good guys" you guys malign casually , just to justify supporting Buhari and Bakare. I thought that was the preserve of the GEJ crew.  Below Adeola is talking at a seminar organised by the global philantrophy forum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6WCZFj7Tfg

In any case , did Buhari run under the CPC last time ? Has he not also changed political Parties?
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Gbawe: 7:13pm On Mar 17, 2011
Kilode?!:

^^ Your earlier post is better than this one.

The point is that Bakare is wrong terming Tinubu "undemocratic" because a political merger did not happen. Bakare does not seem to understand the context within which the word "undemocratic" is apt . In a merger or alliance , positions are reached through choice, negotiation and agreement . No one can be forced to agree to a deal that will not benefit them  because that , in itself , is "undemocratic" .We will never be privy to all the negotiation that went on. We were all dissapointed because the merger did not happen but those involved know why they made the choices they did . It is their prerogative totally and nothing brings democracy, or the lack of it, into this . Bakare should at least attempt to understand terminology before using it. People should therefore not back his gaffes blindly because they support him. Buhari has been fantastic through everything . he has behaved , above everyone else, with the highest grace and decorum. He refused to engage in the blame game with anyone regrading the crash of alliance talks. Bakare should learn from Buhari.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by kolexy(m): 7:29pm On Mar 17, 2011
@.@fstranger: Tinubu is not perfect, but is necessary at this point in time. We have enemies in this Nigeria, and Tinubu seems to be the only one interested in fighting them.]

I agree with u Eku. Where was @fstranger and co, when Tinubu fought Obasanjo to a standstill. I will never support any form of corruption, but if not for Tinubu's doggedness our country would have turned to Mondern day Monarchy.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by kelvincoll(m): 8:03pm On Mar 17, 2011
As regard the argument, i feel its a personnel thing and not just the party. Tinubu himself is only striving on Fashola prowess and trust me Him(tinubu) and Fashola are not close as it meets the eyez. I don't understand Bakare's beef wit Him but i feel there's going to be a long to test Tinubu's grip on ACN after this Election. As for GEJ, he's got no rival amongst those running so keep Him out of this. (Not a PDP Fan too lipsrsealed)
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Kilode1: 8:04pm On Mar 17, 2011
Gbawe:

The point is that Bakare is wrong terming Tinubu "undemocratic" because a political merger did not happen. Bakare does not seem to understand the context within which the word "undemocratic" is apt . In a merger or alliance , positions are reached through choice, negotiation and agreement . No one can be forced to agree to a deal that will not benefit them  because that , in itself , is "undemocratic" .We will never be privy to all the negotiation that went on. We were all dissapointed because the merger did not happen but those involved know why they made the choices they did . It is their prerogative totally and nothing brings democracy, or the lack of it, into this . Bakare should at least attempt to understand terminology before using it. People should therefore not back his gaffes blindly because they support him. Buhari has been fantastic through everything . he has behaved , above everyone else, with the highest grace and decorum. He refused to engage in the blame game with anyone regrading the crash of alliance talks. Bakare should learn from Buhari.

I added more thoughts to my post, the short comment was to save the space so I can later post the rest without having to quote you.

I understand your point, and I agree. That is why they both need to be more guarded and strategic.

Politics sometimes demand that you respond to some attacks. They need to quit forcing out those responses, or else the back and forth between CPC/ACN actors will end up hurting them. I hope they know what they are doing undecided
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by yeswecan(m): 8:43pm On Mar 17, 2011
Tinubu is single handedly pulling down ACN - i have said it before" the idea of one man controlling a political party is nonsense". ACN is ever worst to PDP given THE conduct in opposition. Tinubu should take the backseat and watch things  - Ribadu would likely gain more grand if Tinubu get off his back.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by bkbabe97y(m): 8:50pm On Mar 17, 2011
Has anyone thought of the fact that this story could be a PDP attempt to cause disruption between CPC and ACN in order to create disharmony between both parties?

Has anyone noted that the fo.olish, idi.iotic, imbecilic and mo.ronic GEJ/PDP supporters on this thread are the ones gloating and goading ACN/CPC supporters on in order to cause a rift?

p.s: @Gbawe why u falling for they tricks?
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by onyengbu: 9:12pm On Mar 17, 2011
^^^
watever.
Tinubu is driving ACN towards a headlong collision with CPC's bus conducted by Bakare.
Abeg bakare de shadow joor.
Sai GEJ!
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by emmatok(m): 9:23pm On Mar 17, 2011
My People Pastor Bakare is 100% correct. Even FASHOLA KNOWS THAT.

Tinubu is a pure corrupt chameleon. He knows how to play the game .

The only treat to him(Tinubu) in Lagos is FASHOLA.

And that is the only Man i am voting for even if he(FASHOLA) leaves ACN.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by fxtopedia(m): 9:30pm On Mar 17, 2011
lmao
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by seunlayi(m): 9:42pm On Mar 17, 2011
yeswecan:

Tinubu is single handedly pulling down ACN - i have said it before" the idea of one man controlling a political party is nonsense". ACN is ever worst to PDP given THE conduct in opposition. Tinubu should take the backseat and watch things  - Ribadu would likely gain more grand if Tinubu get off his back.

Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:00pm On Mar 17, 2011
Can we all slow down here abeg, the PDP camp must be laughing their asses out, they have tried many tactics and seem to think the making the opposition fight is the way to destroy them.
I know Tinubu is not stupid neither is bakare, it can be a good and bad thing that he spoke out because the SW is extremely extremely important. If what we want is a real democratic government then the CPC/ACN should realise that it is time to go back to the negotiating table and look at the facts before them. It is a good thing that they did not form any alliance before the campaigns, it has shown both sides a few truths.

1. At first I agreed that the CPC did not have a strong political base, while that might be true for lower positions, the fact remains that Buhari is way way way way more popular in the North than Ribadu for that reason alone I think the ticket should be ceded to him.

2. The electorate in the SW is obviously smarter than those in the North, it would be easy for them to vote ACN for governor and CPC for president, this would be a hard feat to pull off in the North where literacy levels are lower.

3. It is very obvious that the battle for the presidency would be in the SW, politics is a game of interest. Tinubu should look at the numbers and demand for something more realistic from the CPC. There are a lot of compromises that would go far to help both sides which they would not get in a PDP led government. Each should consolidate their own bases as a regional party, so that they could forge an alliance with another group if they are not satisfied.

This is the only way in my opinion, there is no need to fight over it, we just play into the hands of the enemy.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by BetaThings: 10:07pm On Mar 17, 2011
Genbuhari3:

We know the game!

This is your most "unpatriotic" post ever
No matter how bad Tinubu is, you can get 50 of him in PDP - start with Daniel, (the vicious) or Obj (the vindictively Selfish)

Do you know that CPC is not on the way to winning the Governorship election in Lagos State?
Some ACN supporters are ready to vote for Buhari nevertheless; but it looks like your pastor is bent on scuttling it
He is the one behaving like a 5th columnist now
Any legal thing, repeat any legal thing, done to remove that PDP from office should be supported by patriotic Nigerians
Please I don't want to labour in vain
What do you think those PDP crooks are doing now? Smiling
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by BetaThings: 10:15pm On Mar 17, 2011
Beaf:

Funsho Williams was the most honest, down to Earth, bloody honest guy. He was someone with vision, a man we would have voted in as President one day.
Anybody could walk into his house and get an audience, unfortunately that was what his political opponents did, and cut down a great man.

One day, Funsho Williams killers will be brought to justice.

Tinubu is indeed, the greatest threat to our democracy.
Exactly! As soon as PDP is out of office - crocodile tears. You forget that he belonged to PDP (the Nest of Killers - Wole Soyinka)
Only ACN or CPC govt will bring to justice the killers of Bola Ige, Marshal Harry, Dikibo, Dipo Dina etc
PDP has made it easier to get away with assassination than with carrying excess passenger
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by malali: 10:16pm On Mar 17, 2011
OBASANJO SPEAKS OUT IN OGUN, grin

“When does religion become an issue in our state? He queried, adding “we should avoid that. That is arrant nonsense. What we want is somebody who can deliver. The only sister, who is the same father and mother I have alive is a Muslim. So what do you want me to do? To start killing her and her children, because Christians must be separated from Muslims?

“That is nonsense, arrant nonsense. No, no, we want the man who can deliver. The man who can perform. The man who has better record of performance and achievements,”
 Olusegun Obasanjo

coming from the same man that imposed yaradua on us
he is now trying to impose jonathan on us
as soyinka would say "he is talking from all four compasses of his mouth

Sai Buhari
bb2011
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by sirmustyla(m): 10:36pm On Mar 17, 2011
what is wrong with Bakare selecting who should be vice to Buhari? whether in CPC or ACN. Bakare is doing what is doing because there is nobody there to do it.One thing more you should know is that he is not doing it as an enterprise like so many Nigerians example Tinubu.Bakari is doing it for the love of the country so when you criticise him come small small.As for Tinubu,I think he should be in jail.A thief is thief, but being an international thief is even worse.Tinubu is an interpol case. Those of you on this forum who are supporting him should go and check his file.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by MrInfo1(m): 11:05pm On Mar 17, 2011
To Any and Every PDP Supporter Out there don't you feel stupid supporting someone that avoids a Debate but can feel comfortable being interviewed by a Mediocre/Clown. undecided
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by emekaD3(m): 3:53am On Mar 18, 2011
Chrisbenogor:

Can we all slow down here abeg, the PDP camp must be laughing their asses out, they have tried many tactics and seem to think the making the opposition fight is the way to destroy them.
I know Tinubu is not silly neither is bakare, it can be a good and bad thing that he spoke out because the SW is extremely extremely important. If what we want is a real democratic government then the CPC/ACN should realise that it is time to go back to the negotiating table and look at the facts before them. It is a good thing that they did not form any alliance before the campaigns, it has shown both sides a few truths.

1. At first I agreed that the CPC did not have a strong political base, while that might be true for lower positions, the fact remains that Buhari is way way way way more popular in the North than Ribadu for that reason alone I think the ticket should be ceded to him.

2. The electorate in the SW is obviously smarter than those in the North, it would be easy for them to vote ACN for governor and CPC for president, this would be a hard feat to pull off in the North where literacy levels are lower.

3. It is very obvious that the battle for the presidency would be in the SW, politics is a game of interest. Tinubu should look at the numbers and demand for something more realistic from the CPC. There are a lot of compromises that would go far to help both sides which they would not get in a PDP led government. Each should consolidate their own bases as a regional party, so that they could forge an alliance with another group if they are not satisfied.

This is the only way in my opinion, there is no need to fight over it, we just play into the hands of the enemy.
wink
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by BetaThings: 4:07am On Mar 18, 2011
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by EkoIle1: 4:47am On Mar 18, 2011
sirmustyla:

what is wrong with Bakare selecting who should be vice to Buhari? whether in CPC or ACN. Bakare is doing what is doing because there is nobody there to do it.One thing more you should know is that he is not doing it as an enterprise like so many Nigerians example Tinubu.Bakari is doing it for the love of the country so when you criticise him come small small.As for Tinubu,I think he should be in jail.A thief is thief, but being an international thief is even worse.Tinubu is an interpol case. Those of you on this forum who are supporting him should go and check his file.

No need to procure another ID just to spit the same rubbish,

Nuisance,
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by onyengbu: 4:50am On Mar 18, 2011
Blame PDP all you want, the truth remains that it is not PDP that asked Bakare to say what he said. Unless u guys are suggesting hes been made. Lol.

Anyway shaa:
Sai GEJ!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BREAKING: Ize-iyamu Overtakes Obaseki, Leads With Wide Margin (photos) / Rufai Hanga: Buhari’s Government Wants To Loot The Treasury With Fuel Subsidy / Customs Intercepts ₦‎550 Million Tramadol, Rejects $54K Bribe From Importer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.