Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,021 members, 7,859,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 04:46 PM

Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare (9482 Views)

Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says / Buhari Lacks Clear Cut Direction On How To Govern Nigeria – PDP / Seized $5.7million: APC Used By ‘Foreign Interests’ To Destroy Nigeria — PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Genbuhari3: 12:32pm On Mar 17, 2011
Nice one Gbawe,

Questions.

Where were you when ACN and CPC alliance was going on and Ribadu Campaign Organisation came out and said they are not aware of any alliance talks and their man is not going to step down for anybody?

where were you when Ribadu was the only ACN Presidential candidate who refused to sign a withdrawal clause in the ACN nomination form?

where were you when Tinubu was insisting he must be the vice presidential candidate to Buhari?

where we were you when ACN insisted Buhari must fly on ACN Platform?

where were you when Akande ACN chairman said ACN and Nigeria needs the younger generation and will field one when the alliance was still holding?

where were you when Akande said Buhari was responsible for the collapse of the talks?

Buhari is guarding his words not because he wants to, but because that is who he is! a man of few words. and he has seen that as his weakness; hence complementing that with the outspoken Bakare.

If the ACN wants to convince Yorubas that Ribadu is it by castigating CPC for the collapse of the alliance, what stops a fellow Yoruba man from trying to turn the heat on them as well. ACN started playing dirty with CPC but with Bakare and Odumakin, the dirt will be cleared. In the south west, power to convince people is key. I can't be compared to Beaf because I can never align myself with PDP and cluelessness.

Bakare has said if we dont win, at least we will change the political landscape, it is not a do-or-die affair. If ACN feels it can do it alone, so be it, if CPC says it can do it alone, so be it. it is left to Nigerians to decide who they want in a free and fair election.

Do know that I am never an ACN fan or CPC carrying member (i was offered at the BB Volunteer group and i rejected as i am for candidates not for party). Fashola is performing, but I know how much it costs me outside legal fees to get building approval, C of O in Lagos state lands and bureau (experienced). i know how much my brother in law pays to get contracts in Lagos State, I know what Alpha Beta makes for Tinubu (my brother used to work for Olusola Adekanola & co, the firm who started revenue generation programme under marwa, chased away by tinubu and given to alpha beta). i know what Fashola faced when he tried to cancel Alpha Beta's contract.

This is my problem with ACN, and that is why I am with Buhari Bakare - if 2 men can come out and scream we need one vote for 2 honest men, and nobody has come out in a month to counter it with records, then i stand with that ticket. a ticket without any form of Godfatherism and a total break from the norm.

It is left to Nigerians to decice, not a question of alliance. at this stage of this campaign, we will not think of the norm, that is why Buhari rejected a Tinubu or ACN platform and went for a pastor who was not even a card carrying member. funny enough, the move has generated too much accolades, controversies and more prospects than ever before for a Buhari Presidency.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Genbuhari3: 12:36pm On Mar 17, 2011
And you do know what The Nation Newspapers (ACN mouthpiece) has been doing to the Buhari Bakare ticket?
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Lagosboy: 12:50pm On Mar 17, 2011
It is a shame as most members of ACN actually wanted the alliance and wanted Buhari but it was Tinubu who was the stumbling block. I quite agree the opposition should be united but selfish interest is not good at all if we want sinceirity in governance.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Genbuhari3: 1:11pm On Mar 17, 2011
Tinubu's Plan that failed but still living.

1. Get Ribadu to ACN to give the party credibility and remove suspicion of corruption hanged on his neck by Ribadu himself (achieved by publicly declaring beside Ribadu at ACN Colloquim that EFCC under Ribadu tried him and found nothing against him. Ribadu was smiling while he said this)

2. Get Buhari to merge with ACN and then Buhari runs as Presidential Candidate and him as vice presidential candiate (Muslim Muslim ticket doesnt matter - Proof of this Tinubu stance - ACN has Fola Adeola, another muslim as running mate to Ribadu, a muslim)

3. To achieve 2. above, get all ACN presidential candidates to sign a withdrawal clause before the primaries (Ribadu started showing his non-agreement)

4. Get Bafarawa and the other candidate to step down for Ribadu, with the hope that Ribadu will step down for the alliance (Ribadu showed his stuff - No way)

5. Get a South Westerner to run alongside Ribadu so as to defend South West from CPC because Buhari has chosen Bakare. the aim is to use South West as a negotiating tool in case of a run-off - Tinubu is working for this.

6. When there is indeed a run-off. Make CPC to commit (Signed) some ministerial positions and parastatals to Tinubu and ACN

7. Support CPC to defeat PDP if Buhari Bakare agrees

8. If they dont agree, To hell with CPC, Southwest is good for ACN!

We know the game!
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Gbawe: 1:34pm On Mar 17, 2011
Genbuhari3:

Tinubu's Plan that failed but still living.

1. Get Ribadu to ACN to give the party credibility and remove suspicion of corruption hanged on his neck by Ribadu himself (achieved by publicly declaring beside Ribadu at ACN Colloquim that EFCC under Ribadu tried him and found nothing against him. Ribadu was smiling while he said this)

2. Get Buhari to merge with ACN and then Buhari runs as Presidential Candidate and him as vice presidential candiate (Muslim Muslim ticket doesnt matter - Proof of this Tinubu stance - ACN has Fola Adeola, another muslim as running mate to Ribadu, a muslim)

3. To achieve 2. above, get all ACN presidential candidates to sign a withdrawal clause before the primaries (Ribadu started showing his non-agreement)

4. Get Bafarawa and the other candidate to step down for Ribadu, with the hope that Ribadu will step down for the alliance (Ribadu showed his stuff - No way)

5. Get a South Westerner to run alongside Ribadu so as to defend South West from CPC because Buhari has chosen Bakare. the aim is to use South West as a negotiating tool in case of a run-off - Tinubu is working for this.

6. When there is indeed a run-off. Make CPC to commit (Signed) some ministerial positions and parastatals to Tinubu and ACN

7. Support CPC to defeat PDP if Buhari Bakare agrees

8. If they dont agree, To hell with CPC, Southwest is good for ACN!

We know the game!

Yeah, it is only others who play games . They must therefore be exposed by "na-only-me-sabi" and "holier-than-thou" Pastor Bakare. This is politics for christ sake and everyone "plays games" , to an extent, to win. Is Buhari not playing the game of politics with his choice of a Yoruba man(Courting SW votes) and a Pastor (to negate Buhari's fundamentalist image) who has no recent experience in public administration or politics?  The naive , especially when uneccessarily pugnacious, never win at politics. You should pass that message on to Bakare .

NB ; Buhari is not silent because he does not talk much as you assert . We have seen him speak up consistently when it matters such as when he urged the senate , non-stop, to swear in Jonathan as acting President. Buhari is just not attacking folks like Bakare because the retired general has learnt , the hard way, that you cannot go it alone and you cannot alienate everyone . That method does not achieve anything in politics.

Anyway keep talking and viewing your camp as more virtuous and more piously divine and just than that of everyone else . Just like Bakare , it is your prerogative to do so.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Genbuhari3: 1:52pm On Mar 17, 2011
Thank you, I am not talking, I am screaming. Good you did not disagree with Tinubu's game plan. It's a very dirty one for that matter. And I'm wondering why you had no answers to all the questions I asked! I guess you agreed that ACN started the war on Buhari and CPC.

Damn those who damn us! we will not because of politics turn ourselves to beggers!

Anyways, we will compare notes in April. Best of luck to Ribadu! At least my 2nd choice for now. we are on the same page on getting PDP flogged
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Akanbiedu(m): 1:53pm On Mar 17, 2011
GenBuhari,

Please stop discussing this thread. We have a bigger enemy yet!
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by honeric01(m): 3:14pm On Mar 17, 2011
Lets stop fighting each-other, we don't need this, Bakare should just let things lie low now unless threatened, lets face the mighty hippopotamus called PDP.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Pharoh: 3:23pm On Mar 17, 2011
PDP said they will rule for 100 years and thats for the presidency, you cannot upstage the biggest party just like that in africa. grin

We all knew this was bound to happen at some point but not this quick, anyway let the fight continue so the bad eggs we will be exposed. cool
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Beaf: 3:28pm On Mar 17, 2011
seguno2:

Sometimes one thinks we are either too young to remember who Buhari was or have collective selective amnesia. And he has not changed.
It is interesting that we all seem to have forgotten that Buhari in his dictatorial psyche that does not condone ANY criticism promulgated Decree 4 against the press and jailed two journalists [Nduka Irabor and Tunde Thompson] from Guardian. And nothing shows thathe has changed from his dictatorial ways. Meanwhile under our democracy with a civilian who is generally law abiding (that is mistaken for softness by Nigerians used to been treated like goats by leaders who think they [or their relations and friends] are not disciplined enough) we have had:

* the constitution inherited from the military amended
* electoral law improved
* Freedom of Information bill revamped and about to be enacted
* improved fuel supply without parallel structures like PTDF
* increased minimum wage

etc etc.

We need to create a law abiding society WITHOUT the threat of some extra-judicial measures. The law may be an backside but if you are dogged and come with clean hands you will obtain justice in the long run.
We need ETERNAL VIGILANCE and a conducive DEMOCRATIC space to continuously scrutinise our leaders and hold them to their electoral promises.
Buhari cannot guarantee that. Let us STOP seeking messiahs and know that we only can deliver ourselves from these wolves in sheep's clothing. He is riding on a false image of disciplinarian, corruption-free personality that cannot stand to close scrutiny.
Dictators, benevolent or not, are no good for the human society where everyone should be entitled to his freedom.

Every once in a while, someone really wise drops by! You said it brilliantly!
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by TewMuch: 4:00pm On Mar 17, 2011
They better shut Bakare up before he destroys the whole campaign. How can he say PDP is not the worst threat to Nigeria. IS he trying to tell us to expect the same leadership from CPC as PDP? And why is he talking so much to the media? Even more than Buhari?
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by lynxnoon(m): 4:28pm On Mar 17, 2011
dis Bakare sef angry angry
Only good at criticizing!!! angry
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Johnpaul2k2(m): 4:41pm On Mar 17, 2011
talkative pastor
continue , so to create more votes for
MY GEJ
continue
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 17, 2011
So sad Pro Buhari and Pro Ribadau peeps are here quarelling thats exactly whats this hopes to acheive, ACN or CPC is not the problem, open your eyes People
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by cinzo: 4:51pm On Mar 17, 2011
From all your conversations I just discovered the truth! Nigeria is a failed state
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by cinzo: 4:52pm On Mar 17, 2011
@aisha May God bless you!!! Leave all these myopic peeps
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 17, 2011
No no no guyz.

Let's understand Bakare here pls. I guess what the dude means is that the only way to progress Nigeria is to pull down the stronghold of PDP

BUT, that the only ways to do this is to 'merger' all parties against Pdp. Meanwhile, Tinubu's selfish interest is the albatross of this formula. Hence, T-boy is the greatest challenge that has to be out of the way now.

We're getting there,
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by juman(m): 5:07pm On Mar 17, 2011
Tinubu group = Wisdom

Wisdom = Tinubu group

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala cannot leave her work to come and compete in almost uncertainty thing. Just  mentioning her name is a big plus to candidacy of Mr. Ribadu.

it’s difficult to get a merger against President Jonathan. That is the fact.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by juman(m): 5:08pm On Mar 17, 2011
Probabaly Pasor Bakare will be the greatest danger to candidacy of General Buhari.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Blazing99: 5:11pm On Mar 17, 2011
I agree with Bakare but he should have let this lie low. CPC vs ACN conflict is not what we need now. We need unity against PDP.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 17, 2011
It is good to see people talk true politics and say things the way they are here,not the false impression that PDP is the problem.GEJ I beg make u carry Gooooooooooooooo!!!
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by proudly9ja(m): 5:15pm On Mar 17, 2011
You people should stop responding to posts without actually going through the real source. What is wrong with us?

Go and listen to the video. Its available online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW6aXa8281o

Bakare detailed how he became Buhari's running mate. Go and listen to it before bashing the man. In the said interview, he said it clearly how he still hopes that the merger will work. I did not hear anywhere on that video where he called Tinubu the greatest enemy of Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Pharoh: 5:18pm On Mar 17, 2011
Blazing99:

I agree with Bakare but he should have let this lie low. CPC vs ACN conflict is not what we need now. We need unity against PDP.

Fake unity only for it to blow in our faces after they succeed in defeating the so called evil PDP?. Even the Yoruba people say, you kill the evil immediately you discover it and never postpone it. It is either the opposition opts out for a total progressive movement or we have the same thing in another skin.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by BabaEleko(m): 5:20pm On Mar 17, 2011
Bakare will make CPC lost me and my family and friends vote if he is not called to order. He is sounding desperate these days.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by juman(m): 5:20pm On Mar 17, 2011
ACN is the answer

Vote ACN

Vote Nuhu Ribadu
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by proudly9ja(m): 5:21pm On Mar 17, 2011
He said specifically that he is hoping Tinubu will have a change of mind on the merger issue. PDP is twisting words but Im sad that we who should be united are buying their propaganda
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by proudly9ja(m): 5:23pm On Mar 17, 2011
Everyone knows PDP is desperate. They tried using Buhari's past against him, it didn't work. Now they are lying and twisting Bakare's words. Desperation na bad thing.

Like I said, go and listen to the truth of the story before commenting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW6aXa8281o
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by onyengbu: 5:25pm On Mar 17, 2011
[center]Looks like the opposition are on a headlong collision!  grin

[size=38pt]sai GEJ![/size]

[size=38pt]ACN and CPC Haram![/size][/center]
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by juman(m): 5:25pm On Mar 17, 2011
Baba_Eleko:

Bakare will make CPC lost me and my family and friends vote if he is not called to order. He is sounding desperate these days.

Nuhu Ribadu is the answer
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by OAM4J: 5:37pm On Mar 17, 2011
ACN/CPC, let's kill this thread now, we have bigger meat to fry. . . PDP haram!
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by ProAnti: 5:47pm On Mar 17, 2011
I don't think Bakare got this right.

No single individual can be the biggest threat to our democracy.

The greatest threat to our democracy is endemic tribalism coupled with widespread corruption.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Kobojunkie: 5:52pm On Mar 17, 2011
^^^ Bakare there does not state that a particular [b]individual [/b]is the greatest treat to our democracy.  One could easily suggest that he was referring to ACN, the party.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG / Armed Herdsmen Feeding Their Cows With A Farmer's Yam Harvest In Benue (video) / INEC Urged To Weed Out Officials Responsible For Logistics Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.