Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

Which Pastor Inspires You? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Pastor Inspires You? (15161 Views)

New Mummy GO; Female Pastor Inspires As She Sings what She was Preaching (vid) / Which Pastor Tops The Chart As The Biggest Liar? / What Inspires You Most? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 15, 2020
hopefulLandlord:
Adeboye is my favourite pastor, he drove a car from Ore to Lagos on empty tank. also for saying anyone not giving him 10% is heading to hell

Johnson Suleiman too who prophesied El Rufai would die but nigguh still dey alive and kicking

Biodun Fatoyinbo for his screwing Ese Walters although we're still awaiting his "Robust Reply"

TB Joshua because, you know, Hillary Clinton is the president of United states also his sending prayer water to Sierra Leone saying it'd cure their Ebola

Tim Omotoso for his screwing all the young girls in his church

Kumuyi for his preaching against TV but now broadcasts programmes on that same TV

Oyedepo who slapped a witch, guess the holy spirit in him did not let him realise he was slapping an innocent girl that had poor English understanding

Rev Ezeugo King For burning "sinners" in his Church

Internationally

Peter Poppof for his using earpiece to get information from his workers and presenting it to the audience as prophecy and revealtion

Robert Tilton for his getting prayer requests in envelopes that come with money. he kept all the monies, disposed the prayer requests while telling his audience he prayed individually to every prayer requests

Jim Bakker for raping his assistant and paying her $270,000 to buy her silence

George Alan Rekers for his vehement preachings against homosexuality but was caught paying homosexual men to have sex with him

Tony Alamo for having sex with children while preaching against it when he's on the pulpit

Mike Murdock for saying if you send him $1000 your debts would be wiped out

There are many great pastors. Even these ones you dug up may be better than you.
The blackmail is not going to work.
Give your life to Christ. The church is still the hope of the nation.
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Kobojunkiee: 9:55am On Nov 15, 2020
BlueAngel444:
stating Jesus sending the apostles, Peter inclusive, to teach the people
then question if that is food for the stomach and not one you seem to understand as for the soul
I am sorry but I don't understand why you have chosen to muddle things up this way.

You asked of God asking Abraham to teach His descendants about Him, God, being wrong, and I asked you if Jesus Christ was equally wrong about sending His disciples to teach His message to others.

You then asked if Jesus Christ was wrong when He told Peter to feed His sheep, and I asked you to clarify since "Feed my sheep", right after I fed you breakfast, meant to literally feed(as in giving food to) my sheep when they are hungry, and give drink to my sheep when they are thirsty, just as Jesus Christ commanded all his other sheep in Matthew 25 vs 31-40.

1. Feed my sheep
-- when I was hungry you gave me food to eat
-- when I was thirsty, you gave me something to drink

2. Take care of my sheep
---- When I was without a home, you welcomed me into your home
--- when I was naked, you clothed me
--- when I was sick, you cared for me
--- when I was in prison, you visited me.

I am well aware that many of you instead interpret those commands from Jesus Christ to Peter, to mean something different from what the context implies, so I had to ask for clarification.
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Obrigardo: 9:57am On Nov 15, 2020
After they all supported trump?

None!

Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by InvertedHammer: 9:57am On Nov 15, 2020
blesskewe:
happy Sunday everyone
we all have that favorite pastor we listen to that his messages encourages our soul

I don't attend house on the rock but mhen I love his teachings
pastor Paul adefarasin
pastor Stephen furtick
who's yours?

don't get me wrong
I know God is the main
inspiration..........
/
Deriving inspiration from criminals is an insult to God.

/
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Greatomotoy: 10:00am On Nov 15, 2020
Apostle Arome Osayi Apostle Joshua Selman

3 Likes

Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by rontolo(m): 10:01am On Nov 15, 2020
Sam Adeyemi
Joel Osteen

Liquid metal (the lion himself) whenever I want to laugh �

1 Like

Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by lanreSamson: 10:02am On Nov 15, 2020
Joel Osteen
E.A Adeboye

2 Likes

Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Izabel(f): 10:06am On Nov 15, 2020
hopefulLandlord:
Adeboye is my favourite pastor, he drove a car from Ore to Lagos on empty tank. also for saying anyone not giving him 10% is heading to hell

Johnson Suleiman too who prophesied El Rufai would die but nigguh still dey alive and kicking

Biodun Fatoyinbo for his screwing Ese Walters although we're still awaiting his "Robust Reply"

TB Joshua because, you know, Hillary Clinton is the president of United states also his sending prayer water to Sierra Leone saying it'd cure their Ebola

Kumuyi for his preaching against TV but now broadcasts programmes on that same TV

Oyedepo who slapped a witch, guess the holy spirit in him did not let him realise he was slapping an innocent girl that had poor English understanding

Internationally

Peter Poppof for his using earpiece to get information from his workers and presenting it to the audience as prophecy and revealtion

Robert Tilton for his getting prayer requests in envelopes that come with money. he kept all the monies, disposed the prayer requests while telling his audience he prayed individually to every prayer requests

George Alan Rekers for his vehement preachings against homosexuality but was caught paying homosexual men to have sex with him

Tony Alamo for having sex with children while preaching against it when he's on the pulpit

Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by BlueAngel444: 10:06am On Nov 15, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
I am sorry but I don't understand why you have chosen to muddle things up this way.

You asked of God asking Abraham to teach His descendants about Him, God, being wrong, and I asked you if Jesus Christ was equally wrong about sending His disciples to teach His message to others.

You then asked if Jesus Christ was wrong when He told Peter to feed His sheep, and I asked you to clarify since "Feed my sheep", right after I fed you breakfast, meant to literally feed(as in giving food to) my sheep when they are hungry, and give drink to my sheep when they are thirsty, just as Jesus Christ commanded all his other sheep in Matthew 25 vs 31-40.

1. Feed my sheep
-- when I was hungry you gave me food to eat
-- when I was thirsty, you gave me something to drink

2. Take care of my sheep
---- When I was without a home, you welcomed me into your home
--- when I was naked, you clothed me
--- when I was sick, you cared for me
--- when I was in prison, you visited me.

I am well aware that many of you instead interpret those commands from Jesus Christ to Peter, to mean something different from what the context implies, so I had to ask for clarification.
that question about Abraham was asked when you brought to question God using men to inspire others and made it seem like the men were in a way taking the place of God.

to think Jesus feed them the word of God and now you say he fed them breakfast so that they can serve tables
that means according to you Peter failed when he choose to feed the people the word instead of serving tables
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:06am On Nov 15, 2020
OYEDEPO HAS BEEN A FEARLESS OUTSPOKEN PREACHER I ADMIRE ALOT.
OUTSIDE MY PRIESTS IN CATHOLIC, HIS VERY EXEMPLARY VOCAL PREACHER WE NEED IN OUR SOCIETY. GOD BLESS OYEDEPO. smiley

5 Likes

Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by ksstroud: 10:07am On Nov 15, 2020
blesskewe:
happy Sunday everyone
we all have that favorite pastor we listen to that his messages encourages our soul

pastor Paul adefarasin
pastor Stephen furtick
who's yours?

don't get me wrong
I know God is the main
inspiration..........

None and none can ever...
Only God inspires me
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by DWJOBScom(m): 10:07am On Nov 15, 2020
Bishop T.D Jakes (Teaching the word of God in a simple way)
Bishop Jide Adebayo (For his messages towards youth advancement and growth. For all the lives he impacts both in words and deeds)
Pastor Gbile Akanni

1 Like

Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by rachytenny2(f): 10:07am On Nov 15, 2020
Pastor Sam Adeyemi

2 Likes

Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Petalsempire(f): 10:10am On Nov 15, 2020
Apostle selman

2 Likes

Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Kobojunkiee: 10:11am On Nov 15, 2020
BlueAngel444:
that question about Abraham was asked when you brought to question God using men to inspire others and made it seem like the men were in a way taking the place of God.
Abraham was not told to "inspire" His descendants in the knowledge of God. He was meant to teach them about God- truths that God had Himself taught him, Abraham. In much similar manner, Jesus Christ instructed His disciples to teach those in the world about His kingdom.
BlueAngel444:
to think Jesus feed them the word of God and now you say he fed them breakfast so that they can serve tables
that means according to you Peter failed when he choose to feed the people the word instead of serving tables
Jesus Christ fed them with fish and Bread that very morning.

Remember when I mentioned the importance of Context when reading any verse in the bible? Well, even in this case.

John 21 vs 1-14 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Later, Jesus appeared again to his followers by Lake Galilee.[a] This is how it happened:
2. Some of the followers were together—Simon Peter, Thomas (called Didymus), Nathanael from Cana in Galilee, the two sons of Zebedee, and two other followers.
3. Simon Peter said, “I am going out to fish.” The other followers said, “We will go with you.” So all of them went out and got into the boat. They fished that night but caught nothing.
4. Early the next morning Jesus stood on the shore. But the followers did not know it was Jesus.
5. Then he said to them, “Friends, have you caught any fish?” They answered, “No.”
6. He said, “Throw your net into the water on the right side of your boat. You will find some fish there.” So they did this. They caught so many fish that they could not pull the net back into the boat.
7. The follower Jesus loved very much said to Peter, “That man is the Lord!” When Peter heard him say it was the Lord, he wrapped his coat around himself. (He had taken his clothes off to work.) Then he jumped into the water.
8. The other followers went to shore in the boat. They pulled the net full of fish. They were not very far from shore, only about 100 yards.
9. When they stepped out of the boat and onto the shore, they saw a fire of hot coals. There were fish on the fire and some bread there too.
10. Then Jesus said, “Bring some of the fish that you caught.”
11. Simon Peter got into the boat and pulled the net to the shore. It was full of big fish—153 of them! But even with that many fish, the net did not tear.
12. Jesus said to them, “Come and eat.” None of the followers would ask him, “Who are you?” They knew he was the Lord.
13. Jesus walked over to get the bread and gave it to them. He also gave them the fish.
14. This was now the third time Jesus appeared to his followers after he was raised from death.

Earlier in the same chapter, when Jesus Christ asked His disciples to bring Him fish, notice that Peter literally brought Jesus Christ a fish. So, later that same morning, after finishing up with breakfast, and Jesus Christ commanding the same Peter to "Feed His Sheep," what do you think Peter would have taken that to mean?
John 21 vs 15-19 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15. When they finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these other men love me?” Peter answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.” Then Jesus said to him, “Take care of my lambs.[c]”
16. Again Jesus said to him, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” Peter answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.” Then Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.”
17. A third time Jesus said, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” Peter was sad because Jesus asked him three times, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know everything. You know that I love you!” Jesus said to him, “Take care of my sheep.
18. The truth is, when you were young, you tied your own belt and went where you wanted. But when you are old, you will put out your hands, and someone else will tie your belt. They will lead you where you don’t want to go.”
19. (Jesus said this to show how Peter would die to give glory to God.) Then he said to Peter, “Follow me!”
Exactly, literally feed His, Jesus Christ's Sheep. And when Jesus Christ told Peter to take care of His sheep - of course, "sheep" here is the metaphor in the statements, "Feed my Sheep".. "take care of my sheep" and given that Peter had walked with Jesus Christ for 3 years now, he had a good understanding of what or whom Jesus Christ referred to as His "sheep" in both cases.
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by DRPAIT123(m): 10:11am On Nov 15, 2020
mbaise1000:
the purpose of Jesus presence in in the world is to reconcile nan to GOD, any pastor whose main work is not on that has k leg, any pastor whose specialty is prophesied every activity in the world and all political results is not working for Christ, because those election results are not directing anyone to the cross because GOD have nothing to prove to anyone,
But when Pastor Adeboye went to Aso Rock to talk down the issue of CAMA law with President Buhari, that one made sense right, the truth is that, the church would have been placed under a serious impediment and embargo if that bill was passed to law.
The problem with over sabi people like yourself is that, you don't think with your sense many times,you just feel like you know the bible more than anyone else.
you feel protesting against bad governance is against the law of God, you will rather suffer till Jesus come instead.
Religion should not be synonymous with foolishness pls.

2 Likes

Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by drnoel: 10:12am On Nov 15, 2020
doggedfighter:
None

Best answer on this topic cos none should inspire one
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by bignero: 10:12am On Nov 15, 2020
blesskewe:
happy Sunday everyone

pastor Paul adefarasin
pastor Stephen furtick
who's yours?

don't get me wrong
I know God is the main
inspiration..........

Kenneth Haggin.... Try him, you'd taste the word of God raw in your mouth

1 Like

Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by AmukuFord: 10:13am On Nov 15, 2020
Just spoke my mind, thanks
BlueAngel444:
Sam Adeyemi

And every minister that had the guts not to fear man but go back to scripture and find out what is expected of God's church in terms of giving
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Thegamingorca(m): 10:16am On Nov 15, 2020
Twoclans:
None
shocked

1 Like

Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by AmukuFord: 10:16am On Nov 15, 2020
Pastor Abioye of Winners chapel Abuja and pastor Sam Adeyemi in Lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by RedPhoenix: 10:17am On Nov 15, 2020
This is too shallow to believe

Abeg Christians on this forum more work needs to be done. I didn't believe it will be as shallow as the thread your favorite Christian books
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Maximus85(m): 10:23am On Nov 15, 2020
BarrElChapo:

Read your bible well.. ever heard of the Macedonian church ?

Please show me where Paul collected tithe from them.
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Bmaster(m): 10:26am On Nov 15, 2020
Mine is not a pastor as you may call it,he is just a preacher of the gospel,he is no other person than Righteousness89,.

I mean the niggarrrr is trying so hard to make sure he mention Christ and way of repentance to every one on all his post.

God bless him!!!!!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by OgundeleTeju: 10:26am On Nov 15, 2020
Pastor Osinbajo

1 Like

Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by JourneytoEL(f): 10:29am On Nov 15, 2020
Apostle Joshua Selman and Arome Osayi. seems the middle belt has the best pastors in this country

3 Likes

Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by sammyKCC(m): 10:34am On Nov 15, 2020
pst. Poju Oyemade of The Covenant Nation...I have not heard a man of God explained the word of God so practical and dynamic like he does..every of his teachings carries a bountiful dose of spiritual insights.

1 Like

Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by CzarChris(m): 10:35am On Nov 15, 2020
Apostle Arome Osayi,

Apostle Michael Orokpo,

Apostle Joshua Selman,

Apostle Ezekiel Nkom

4 Likes

Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Success1975: 10:35am On Nov 15, 2020
My dear, they are MEN of God and not God! Hence, they are still prone to mistakes and full of sin like me and you. My only problem is with the followers that always equate them with God.
May God have mercy on us all.

hopefulLandlord:

Internationally

3 Likes

Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Capernum: 10:40am On Nov 15, 2020
Arome Osayi
Joshua Selman
Olusola Areogun
Oyenike Areogun
David Ogbueli
Duncan Williams
Wale Oke

2 Likes

Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by mrmachine: 10:43am On Nov 15, 2020
pyyxxaro:
Pastor WEAVER inspires me undecided

Ah you don old o. If you watched that film
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by biomi: 10:51am On Nov 15, 2020
Joshua selman
Pastor Chris oyakelome

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Airlift of Christian Pilgrims commences in Kaduna, for the First Time Ever. / 5 Godly Ways To Enjoy Yourself As A Christian / Prophecies For Nigeria By Prophet Olaye George

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.