Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,007 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Which Pastor Inspires You? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Pastor Inspires You? (15187 Views)

New Mummy GO; Female Pastor Inspires As She Sings what She was Preaching (vid) / Which Pastor Tops The Chart As The Biggest Liar? / What Inspires You Most? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by AngelicBeing: 12:50pm On Nov 15, 2020
Rapture4real:
They are but not.limited to them:
Pst Kumuyi, Bro. Gbile Akanni and Pst Niyi Makanjuola. What they have in common:
1.Preaching the truth of holiness, becoming like Christ, pointing their audience to Jesus and preparing them for heaven
2.They practise what they preach
3.Not in ministry for gain
4.They are genuinely born again, genuinely called into the ministry and doing God's will.
5.If they lose all the material things they have, they will still continue the work
6.They do not promote carnality,materialism,prosperity etc
7.They do not get possession by.manipulating people
8.Their family exemplify what they preach etc
How do I know?Do I stay with them? I have only seen Bro. Gbile at close contact several times, I have seen Baba Kumuyi at distance.Ive not seen Pst Niyi Makanjuola at all but there is no single day withouy.listening to his message for the past five years. I even ordered for 50 copies at a time. If you are going to heaven and live a victorious christian life,listen to the above preachers. Dont choose a preacher because he preaches what makes you happy but because he tells you the truth.Jesus and John the Baptist and Apostlea didnt preach to make people happy. They were concerned about heavens. Todays preachers adopt custimers friendly approach to gain more members and more money, hence there are as many churches as there are many sinners.
You are absolutely spot on, someone said and I quote, any preaching that does not confront the issue of sin is not the gospel of Christ and when you have a motivational preacher or preaching, you have a happy sinning congregation sad

Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Fairview1: 12:53pm On Nov 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:
If you are inspired by a man, any man, what that means is that your trusts is in that man, and God is against such. Read Jeremiah 17 vs 5 to learn what God says about suchh acts by men.

Trashhh. Absolute Trashhh. Man love to inspire one another, regardless of what ever vocation you are into..
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Onnasucs1(m): 12:53pm On Nov 15, 2020
Sam Adeyemi
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Fairview1: 12:55pm On Nov 15, 2020
Image123:
Popular ones include but not limited to Gible Akanni, Ravi Zacharias, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Zac Poonen, Reinhardt Bonnke. Though they are not all "pastors" sha in the sense but they give me life in tangible ways.

Your list is impressive!!! I can imagine your depth of knowledge, with all these people speaking into your life for years.

Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Kobojunkiee: 12:55pm On Nov 15, 2020
BlueAngel444:
I agree care, feed, look after, all pastorial qualities is what was referred including teaching them.
Wrong! Jesus Christ said nothing there about teaching at all.*** What He infact instructed Peter to do is exactly what He already defined as works of Righteousness expected of all those who intend to earn a place in the Kingdom of Heaven.

1. Feed my sheep
-- when I was hungry you gave me food to eat
-- when I was thirsty, you gave me something to drink

2. Take care of my sheep
---- When I was without a home, you welcomed me into your home
--- when I was naked, you clothed me
--- when I was sick, you cared for me
--- when I was in prison, you visited me.

Again, this can be linked back to Matthew 25 vs 31-40

Matthew 25 vs 31-40 (ESV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
31. “The Son of Man will come again with divine greatness, and all his angels will come with him. He will sit as king on his great and glorious throne.
32. All the people of the world will be gathered before him. Then he will separate everyone into two groups. It will be like a shepherd separating his sheep from his goats.
33. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34. “Then the king will say to the godly people on his right, ‘Come, my Father has great blessings for you. The kingdom he promised is now yours. It has been prepared for you since the world was made.
35. It is yours because when I was hungry, you gave me food to eat. When I was thirsty, you gave me something to drink. When I had no place to stay, you welcomed me into your home.
36. When I was without clothes, you gave me something to wear. When I was sick, you cared for me. When I was in prison, you came to visit me.’
37. “Then the godly people will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and give you food? When did we see you thirsty and give you something to drink?
38. When did we see you with no place to stay and welcome you into our home? When did we see you without clothes and give you something to wear?
39. When did we see you sick or in prison and care for you?’
40. “Then the king will answer, ‘The truth is, anything you did for any of my people here,[b] you also did for me.’

BlueAngel444:
What you are taught is that not what inspires you, inspires people to do what they do. There are inspiration that comes directly from God and those that come from God. If not then what have you been doing.
So, are you saying that if a disciple came up to me to teach me the Good News of the Kingdom of God, I ought to be inspired by the Good News of the Kingdom of God, and not the disciple, right?
I am not sure what other sources of inspiration there could be as far as a follower of Jesus Christ is concerned- all inspiration comes from God and God alone.

***Remember, do not add or remove from what He has commanded.
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Fairview1: 1:00pm On Nov 15, 2020
Mine is Bishop Oyedepo. That man is supremely divine, followed by Pastor Paul Enenche, another Protegee to Oyedepo.

My life began making meaning immediately I locate this two great men of God. Something about them is very unique. They are very smart and intelligent.

I attend Dunamis, where I worship direct and listen to Paul Enenche but I follow and listen to Oyedepo via his Facebook, Twitter and YouTube Channels.

Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Fairview1: 1:05pm On Nov 15, 2020
The depth of our knowledge is limited to the information at our disposal.

Having realized this, I made a conscious effort to follow and listen to men of God, who have made a bit of impact on earth, cos I know it takes great effort to build anything of value in this part of our the world.

Oyedepo, Ibioye and Enenche are my three favorite prosperity preachers I cherished so much. But on the area of spirituality, salvation and redemption; Gbile Akoni tops the list.

Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Realjerome200: 1:07pm On Nov 15, 2020
The following pastors inspire me
1. Paul Adefarasin
2Tunde Bakary
3.Caleb Irlomen.
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by youngwarlocks: 1:08pm On Nov 15, 2020
Pastor Chris Delvan Gwamna
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by PaulDasilva(m): 1:08pm On Nov 15, 2020
Apostle Arome Osayi. A very sound divider of the word. A true Apostle, in every sense of the word.
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Kobojunkiee: 1:11pm On Nov 15, 2020
Fairview1:
Trashhh. Absolute Trashhh. Man love to inspire one another, regardless of what ever vocation you are into..
Well, if man is the one you chose to inspire you, good luck with that. God has spoken though on the fate of those who are inspired by men and not Him.
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Spillage(m): 1:13pm On Nov 15, 2020
doggedfighter:
None

Pastor is just a business title grin
Mumu... U no hear say make u no get am wrong
Foolish people na full here
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Kobojunkie: 1:17pm On Nov 15, 2020
Sunmoluvic:

Another clout chaser
How can one who speaks of inspiration coming only from God be considered a "clout chaser"? undecided
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Kobojunkie: 1:18pm On Nov 15, 2020
ArticleBeast:

You don't even understand the verse you posted.
Explain it to me then!
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by blessedvisky(m): 1:23pm On Nov 15, 2020
hopefulLandlord:
Adeboye is my favourite pastor, he drove a car from Ore to Lagos on empty tank. also for saying anyone not giving him 10% is heading to hell

Johnson Suleiman too who prophesied El Rufai would die but nigguh still dey alive and kicking

Biodun Fatoyinbo for his screwing Ese Walters although we're still awaiting his "Robust Reply"

TB Joshua because, you know, Hillary Clinton is the president of United states also his sending prayer water to Sierra Leone saying it'd cure their Ebola

Tim Omotoso for his screwing all the young girls in his church

Kumuyi for his preaching against TV but now broadcasts programmes on that same TV

Oyedepo who slapped a witch, guess the holy spirit in him did not let him realise he was slapping an innocent girl that had poor English understanding

Rev Ezeugo King For burning "sinners" in his Church

Internationally

Peter Poppof for his using earpiece to get information from his workers and presenting it to the audience as prophecy and revealtion

Robert Tilton for his getting prayer requests in envelopes that come with money. he kept all the monies, disposed the prayer requests while telling his audience he prayed individually to every prayer requests

Jim Bakker for raping his assistant and paying her $270,000 to buy her silence

George Alan Rekers for his vehement preachings against homosexuality but was caught paying homosexual men to have sex with him

Tony Alamo for having sex with children while preaching against it when he's on the pulpit

Mike Murdock for saying if you send him $1000 your debts would be wiped out

Do you know more I'll appreciate another list like this.
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Owenmanimasa1(m): 1:30pm On Nov 15, 2020
Dr. Abel Damina and Rev. Chris Onayinka smiley

Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by ifysimple(f): 1:35pm On Nov 15, 2020
I like to listen to tha Ghanaian pastor
Nicholas Duncan Williams
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by marwanafrica: 1:40pm On Nov 15, 2020
Prophet Philip Banda
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by VULCAN(m): 1:44pm On Nov 15, 2020
He doesn't.

Very few understand the Scriptures. They twist them and make nonsense of them

ArticleBeast:

You don't even understand the verse you posted.
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:
How can one who speaks of inspiration coming only from God be considered a "clout chaser"? undecided

The thread says which pastor inspires you and he said our inspiration shouldn't come from man, how can you say that, yes God should be our number 1 inspiration but that doesn't mean you can't be inspired by humans, he's just one of the kind of people on the forum that always quote the Bible the wrong way, the thread was asking a simple question
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Omoshalewa04(f): 1:49pm On Nov 15, 2020
Dr D.K. Olukoya

Mike Bamiloye

Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 15, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
Clout in the religion forum? Are you sure you have your head screwed on right today?
Lol, same forum that has all form of romance discussion
Back to the thread, The thread says which pastor inspires you and he said our inspiration shouldn't come from man, how can you say that, yes God should be our number 1 inspiration but that doesn't mean you can't be inspired by humans, he's just one of the kind of people on the forum that always quote the Bible the wrong way, the thread was asking a simple question
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Sagefromtheeast: 1:51pm On Nov 15, 2020
chiommy123:
i can't really remember his name but I think he is a pastor based in Enugu he teaches mainly against sexual immorality
Ken katas?
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Kobojunkiee: 1:56pm On Nov 15, 2020
Sunmoluvic:

Lol, same forum that has all form of romance discussion
Back to the thread, The thread says which pastor inspires you and he said our inspiration shouldn't come from man, how can you say that, yes God should be our number 1 inspiration but that doesn't mean you can't be inspired by humans, he's just one of the kind of people on the forum that always quote the Bible the wrong way, the thread was asking a simple question
What are you talking about?
This is the meaning of the word
in·spi·ra·tion
/ˌinspəˈrāSH(ə)n/
noun

the process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially to do something creative.
"Helen had one of her flashes of inspiration"

a sudden brilliant, creative, or timely idea.
"then I had an inspiration"
This is what God says, if you want to continue being inspired by men i.e. follow after the examples of men, and not God alone , good luck

Jeremiah 17 vs 5-6 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Thus says the Lord: “Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength,[a] whose heart turns away from the Lord.
6. He is like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see any good come. He shall dwell in the parched places of the wilderness, in an uninhabited salt land.
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Iseoluwani: 1:57pm On Nov 15, 2020
BarrElChapo:

Nice but.. Joseph prince's ministry is questionable. He practices some anti scriptural doctrines

Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Sagefromtheeast: 1:57pm On Nov 15, 2020
anochuko01:

how can oyedepo and kumuyi inspire you at the same time. im just curious
What's your point?
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Iseoluwani: 1:59pm On Nov 15, 2020
Patriot9:
I stopped listening to any other pastors the day I listened to Apostle Joshua Selman.

The man has made me hate many philosophers calling themselves pastors.

I repeat, the day you listen to Apostle Joshua selman is the day you will stop listening to any random message

no, it's means u are not an avid listener of Apst Joshua Salman. Is
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by anochuko01(m): 2:02pm On Nov 15, 2020
Sagefromtheeast:

What's your point?
Isn't it rare?
I hardly see people who follow these two with equal passion.

Mind you, I respect them both.
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Iseoluwani: 2:02pm On Nov 15, 2020
Patriot9:
I stopped listening to any other pastors the day I listened to Apostle Joshua Selman.

The man has made me hate many philosophers calling themselves pastors.

I repeat, the day you listen to Apostle Joshua selman is the day you will stop listening to any random message

no, it's means u are not an avid listener of Apst Joshua Selman. His teachings doesn't teach you to dislike other true msgs. His msgs are there to correct doctrinal error in the body of Christ.

are u saying you cannot listen to Segun Ariyo or Papa Adeboye msgs or kumuyi. this are the great men of God that selman sees as Fathers in the body of Christ. if u are listener of Selman, he will always tell you open ur understanding to get the engraved words of GOD.
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Iseoluwani: 2:11pm On Nov 15, 2020
Liposure:
this man must be something else for everybody to be talking about him. I need to listen 2 him

Pls do. download pulling down strongholds

then commanding results and other msgs of selman.

but don't worship him, covert the Grace of God on his ministry. he is a man who knows the ministry of an apostle.

If u have Grace, read Kenneth Hagin books too
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Kobojunkie: 2:13pm On Nov 15, 2020
Iseoluwani:
no, it's means u are not an avid listener of Apst Joshua Selman. His teachings doesn't teach you to dislike other true msgs. His msgs are there to correct doctrinal error in the body of Christ.

are u saying you cannot listen to Segun Ariyo or Papa Adeboye msgs or kumuyi. this are the great men of God that selman sees as Fathers in the body of Christ. if u are listener of Selman, he will always tell you open ur understanding to get the engraved words of GOD.
Wrong! His message does no such thing. All your suleman does is teach you his own doctrines, all of them doctrines different from the very teachings that Jesus Christ Himself taught. If you doubt it, here are 3 questions to help you
1) what does it mean to be saved, as taught by suleman.
2) What is the seal of the New Covenant agreement between God and man is, as taught by Suleman.
3) Are you expected as a follower of Jesus Christ to follow after the stipulations of the Old Covenant, tithing included, according to Suleman?

P.S. The very foundations of your churches today were built on the doctrines and traditions of men from back 1700 years ago, so do not deceive yourselves believing that a tree with evil roots can suddenly clean itself up from top to bottom. A bad tree cannot produce good fruits - Jesus Christ said that.
Re: Which Pastor Inspires You? by Iseoluwani: 2:16pm On Nov 15, 2020
AngelicBeing:
You are absolutely spot on, someone said and I quote, any preaching that does not confront the issue of sin is not the gospel of Christ and when you have a motivational preacher or preaching, you have a happy sinning congratulation sad

d gospel of Christ is not all about sin, don't magnify sin as if it is the only true msg in christaindom... When you teach your congregation the truth of God words, they will live this earth in victory and spiritual perfection such that they become matured Christian. sin sin salvation repentance are elementary teachings.

Hebrews 6:1
[1]Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

don't come here and magnify teaching of sin as d only teaching

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Replaces 'Prosperity Doctrine' With 'Free Doctrine' / Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? / Happy Birthday Rev. Anita Oyakhilome!

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61