Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,999 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers (27900 Views)

Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector / FG Deploys Security Operatives To Airports Nationwide Over Threats / Xenophobia: South African Government Shows Concern Over Threats By NANS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 15, 2020
lexy2014:

Can u pls establish a connection between SARS and Yahoo boys as far as d jurisdiction of SARS is concerned? Who are d other set of criminals u are referring?

Leave jurisdiction. Every criminal dreads SARS. You can't encourage cyber crime on the basis of the jurisdiction of SARS.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 15, 2020
NoFucksToGive:
This is fake news by Yorubas in my state

Like seriously, must you guys turn everything to tribal war.
All this politicians when it comes to sharing dem none they reason tribe. Wise up.

My colleague car was stolen at gun point on Friday and you say this is fake news. Before 8pm all traders have closed his/her shop.

2 Likes

Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by Angelfrost(m): 1:37pm On Nov 15, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

Stations were burnt by their own people and the police operation from the headquarters. Many officers are not encouraged, morales are low and they only want to be alive and protect their families. It's easy for you to sit at home and suggest resignation.

One would have thought you had an understanding of how to solve the problem but just like every other online noisemaker, you goofed.

To you, it's about resigning and firing. If you own a business and have employees, you'll ruin yourself faster than you might expect. Apparently, you don't own one. You could have learnt a lesson or two.

You want police officer who are largely understaffed too invade people's houses without warrants? It's this same you who would would scream blue murder. You'll tag UN, BBC, CNN and America to see the human right violation by your police.

Common sense should tell you that by then, criminals and their weapons would be underground and your police would only be chasing shadows.

These policemen are at the same time risk of being attacked since the little sanity enjoyed in the state before the protest has gone into the wind. Everyone is vulnerable.

You dare insinuate roadblocks? What is wrong with you? It's the same people as you who would scream extortion and in the event of a suspicion by the police, you scream harassment and brutality.

"Making peace with the populace in your state and getting them on your side with facilities..."

What manner of hot crap is this? Which facilities? Which peace? Police are not liked anywhere in the world. "Fvck the police" is a popular slang even in the US. If that's your solution to this urgent crisis, then you need to think it through again.

SARS, a trained unit for this activity has been disbanded. Traffic officers cannot replace them, office rank and files and those one on the streets cannot easily fit into their shoe. . Wait for SWAT.

All your solutions reeks of incompetence and you must really think you know anything at all. Sad.

Sigh... So many words, so little sense!!! Just noise! I actually read all you wrote carefully and patiently hoping you will bring forth reasonably objective rebuttals... What a waste of my time!

We should wait for SWAT while the the state burns... So, it's paining you that a criminally minded police unit was disbanded??! Were Nigerians supposed to pretend and keep swallowing the nonsense of SARS forever??! When was SARS formed??! Prior to that time, how was the security situation of the nation??! Who kept the peace then??!

People like you think leadership is rocket science, but it's not... I can actually categorically explain why the police chiefs have to go, but why bother... You still won't get it! You are too full of yourself to realize you know nothing!!!

Don't ever mention me again!!! Thank you.
Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by lexy2014: 1:38pm On Nov 15, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

Leave jurisdiction. Every criminal dreads SARS. You can't encourage cyber crime on the basis of the jurisdiction of SARS.

U didn't answer d questions I asked:

Can u pls establish a connection between SARS and Yahoo boys as far as d jurisdiction of SARS is concerned? Who are d other set of criminals u are referring?
Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 15, 2020
lexy2014:

U didn't answer d questions I asked:

I am not the person you qouted, please.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by WizzyVine: 1:41pm On Nov 15, 2020
Unik3030:
u mean they should start house to house searching like they did in Rivers State so u people can come out n say they are killing innocent people again abi?d same way they blackmail Wike?many don't understand how d repercussions of the hijacked endsars will b,they released hardened criminals who still have many scores to settle.

we all blame d excesses of police with nobody talking about how to put the yahoo boys n other criminals in check, people never see anything.

the way people will commit crime these December will b alarming cos they know no police officer to put them in check

You're muddling things up man. Those who protested, and those who opened prison houses, and burn police stations are different sets of people. The whole world knows this.

SARS played a good role in curbing criminal activities, but when they start killing innocent people and selling body parts, it's time to discard them. You can't do both good and bad, and expect to be accepted.
Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by Texs: 1:48pm On Nov 15, 2020
What is going on in Edo should not be trivialised, it speak at the root cause of malfunction security apparatus in Nigeria
where all the command and control structures are concentrated at the centre. It takes time for intel information to flow and action taken.
When the Sapele road prison was broken into, it would have be expected that security in the OKO prison would be re enforced
for maximum protection but this was not the case. So who was responsible for this failing, perhaps the person is still occupying
his or her office. Because, no one is forced to take responsibility for failing in government, that's why things are not working in Nigeria.
Going forward, the same police that have always disobey the IG on several occasion cannot be expected to police Nigeria. Let state
government be in total control of the police personnel in their state. State government should as a matter of urgency organise
uniform vigilante groups (constables the Edo government is doing now) with command and control structure to collaborate with police and the locals intelligence from citizens. Lastly, all these does not take away the structure of the federal police and intelligence units. The citizen can be asked to contribute to pay for this. It will be a win win for everyone as businesses will thrive, foreign investment will come and jobs will be created.
Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by NoFucksToGive: 1:51pm On Nov 15, 2020
BIGGERhead4:

The whole thing was cause by Igbo's in Benin.

Uncle we nor get much ibo for here

What we have are lots of useless CRIMINAL Yoruba youths who are good for nothing

The few IBO wey dey here na chemist and furniture

Yoruba are useless everywhere here from cultism to Yahoo to armed robbery

Don't worry we will soon flush that tribe for good from the whole Niger delta
Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by Angelfrost(m): 1:54pm On Nov 15, 2020
ceaser:

Why trying so hard to make saints of the Nigerian Police, heh?

If the gateman had diligently and faithfully done his job, had not kept betraying his paymaster and being found culpable in many break-in and robberies of his master he was paid to protect, the master will not subscribe to suggestions to have him fired.

So just get the whole story and quick pushing your own biased view in schadenfreude. It makes you and the Nigerian police you defend laughable.

They will never get the gist... The way some Nigerian youths reason here will make you wonder if they are being educated at all. It is just sad!!!
Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by trustedward(m): 1:57pm On Nov 15, 2020
They released them so they should bear it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by lexy2014: 1:59pm On Nov 15, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

I am not the person you qouted, please.

Y then did u respond to a question that u weren't asked?
Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by aspiring44: 2:17pm On Nov 15, 2020
Angelfrost:
If the state police commissioner cannot effectively police a single state, he should be fired immediately and a more competent person brought in.

What the police lacks right now is leadership, same thing that led to the whole issue of Endsars...

Under normal circumstances, the IG ought to have honorably resigned or fired from that job...

Taking back that state from criminals should begin with door to door search, and investigation along with road blocks in strategic locations... making peace with the populace of the state, getting them to your side will facilitate and enhance this process.

Under normal circumstances , there wouldn't have been any need for door to door search if appropriate profiles of escapees has been done or better still a robust intelligent technology .
Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 15, 2020
Angelfrost:

Sigh... So many words, so little sense!!! Just noise! I actually read all you wrote carefully and patiently hoping you will bring forth reasonably objective rebuttals... What a waste of my time!
I didn't expect you to see much sense. You really don't have sense but for the benefit of others that might read, i'll budge to give you a response.

Angelfrost:

We should wait for SWAT while the the state burns... So, it's paining you that a criminally minded police unit was disbanded??! Were Nigerians supposed to pretend and keep swallowing the nonsense of SARS forever??! When was SARS formed??! Prior to that time, how was the security situation of the nation??! Who kept the peace then??!
I'm indifferent about the disbandment of SARS, but it's plain stupid to think a unit that has actively combated crimes bothering on robbery and illegal possession of fire arms since 1992 when you weren't born would stop operation without an immediate replacement by a saner but similar unit and expect peace to reign.

To think at this same time, police officers were killed, stations razed to the ground and arms carted away by peaceful protesters or those you may like to call government thug and hoodlums was disturbing. That wasn't just enough. A set of peaceful protesters took it a step further to open horror and hell on themselves in the believe that they were punishing the government by releasing 2,000 convicted criminal, some of who are Nigeria's most dreaded.

As expected, a distasteful joke as you would blame the IGP for the low morale among the rank and file and failing to push his men to the road to protect you and your family because your lives are more important than theirs. Take his job from him, no miracle worker can push those men to serious work unless there are compensated.
Angelfrost:

People like you think leadership is rocket science, but it's not... I can actually categorically explain why the police chiefs have to go, but why bother... You still won't get it! You are too full of yourself to realize you know nothing!!!
Apart from narcissism that purges you to throw up nonsense from that side when you likely have never held a single leadership role all your life, you major problem is Dunning-Kruger effect. You think you know but know absolutely nothing. While you wait for a role in life, you should pick up a few books to broaden your knowledge. Everything is not as it appear.

Look at the idiot telling me about leadership grin
Angelfrost:

Don't ever mention me again!!! Thank you.
You'd better take your own advise and invest in your dead brain. While you're at it, understand that that would take a miracle because you're so full of your empty self.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by Angelfrost(m): 2:20pm On Nov 15, 2020
aspiring44:

Under normal circumstances , there wouldn't have been any need for door to door search if appropriate profiles of escapees has been done or better still a robust intelligent technology .

Precisely!... Their faces and names ought to be all over the news, pasted every where, and if possible the army handed the names and pictures to hunt and bring them in, dead or alive!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 15, 2020
lexy2014:

Y then did u respond to a question that u weren't asked?
You knew your way to his PM but put it on a public forum, for what exactly?
Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by BIGGERhead4: 2:27pm On Nov 15, 2020
NoFucksToGive:

Uncle we nor get much ibo for here

What we have are lots of useless CRIMINAL Yoruba youths who are good for nothing

The few IBO wey dey here na chemist and furniture

Yoruba are useless everywhere here from cultism to Yahoo to armed robbery

Don't worry we will soon flush that tribe for good from the whole Niger delta

Biggest lie.

Go Ekiosa Market, Oregbe Market and other Markets in Benin. Over 90% of the Truck pushers in those markets are IGBOS.
IT'S OBVIOUS, YOU ARE AN IGBO MAN

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by lexy2014: 2:31pm On Nov 15, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

You knew your way to his PM but put it on a public forum, for what exactly?

U didn't answer d d question I asked.

Since u weren't d one I quoted, Y then did u respond to a question that u weren't asked?
Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by yahmohy27: 2:32pm On Nov 15, 2020
Lawgod247:
Ok
The best thing to do now is to transfer those officers in question to another state
Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by silverlinen(m): 2:36pm On Nov 15, 2020
Police should shoot any mofos on sight
Protest don finish so wetin dey worry those obontes and bst's
Any frat guy wey no use him gentility make dem fem am
Boys are hustling, bombing all night, cashing out steadily, and learning new formats
But dem ds idiats dey carry frat matter for Head
Gbas dem all overboard for the fishes and crocodiles to manipulate on

PEACE

2 Likes

Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 15, 2020
lexy2014:

U didn't answer d d question I asked.

Since u weren't d one I quoted, Y then did u respond to a question that u weren't asked?
I answered with a rhetorical question. Is that hard to understand?

Let me spell it out to you. I responded because you put your question to him on a public forum for all to see and interact.

He didn't address his comment to you as well but to someone else. That didn't stop you from quoting him anyways.

I hope I have answered you now. And if you're new to the forum, you're welcome.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by WaleRock: 2:49pm On Nov 15, 2020
O to be.

Ti iwo ba se rere, ara ki o a ya o.

1 Like

Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by lexy2014: 3:00pm On Nov 15, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

I answered with a rhetorical question. Is that hard to understand?

Let me spell it out to you. I responded because you put your question to him on a public forum for all to see and interact.

He didn't address his comment to you as well but to someone else. That didn't stop you from quoting him anyways.

I hope I have answered you now. And if you're new to the forum, you're welcome.

U didn't answer d question I asked.

Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by Mckhala80(m): 3:12pm On Nov 15, 2020
I dont blame the ppl that are doing this in edo . A country with no job for it's citizens , no hope frm the govt., no job if u are above 40yrs of age, no bills to alleviate the suffering of those over 40yrs . If u can shoot , shoot and if u ca't , pray to God. Law makers over 70yrs are busy making laws that only better their lots and going home monthly with N32m yet , a 40yrs old deserve job. God punish this govt..
Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by Hassanmaye(m): 3:27pm On Nov 15, 2020
Brandonx:

You are the petulant one here !
So I should go and give the money I've budgeted for my trip to one pastor clap for yourself madam Church goer, I believe that's what they teach you in church (trolling).
Stop coming to my mention with "darling" it's irking.
You can call your father and address him as darling or whatever if you so wish.
Why na
Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by Brandonx(m): 3:34pm On Nov 15, 2020
Hassanmaye:

Why na
Why what undecided
Re: Fear Grips Policemen In Edo Over Threats From Jail Breakers by maximusprime2000: 3:39pm On Nov 15, 2020
Golan007:

When would be the best time?

When the youth of the country cannot see the danger they consciously and wilfully created - joining cults, requesting the end to armed policing, releasing prisoners from incarceration, what did they think the result would be ?

Edo may not be Lagos but one thing I'm sure of, Edo is not Vienna.

why are you addressing some sect of hoodlums as nigerian youths. AN ANT is wiser than you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian civil society leader, Innocent Chukwuma is dead / APC National Convention 2022 (Live Updates) / I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.