Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku (27914 Views)

Atiku 100% Group To Deliver Over 2 Million Votes / 2023: PDP Can Win Without Wike, Atiku Tells Party’s BOT / Wike: Atiku Is An Elder, I Am The Most Experienced Of All The Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by Lurdmax10: 10:00am On Jul 22, 2022
The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has reacted to the controversy surrounding the choice of his running mate, Ifeanyi Okowa, and why he did not choose the Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike.

The PUNCH reports that Atiku had after announcing Okowa as his running mate clarified that he picked the Delta governor because he had the qualities to be a President, adding that he “is a President-in-waiting.”

He said, “In arriving at the decision, I held wide consultations with various stakeholders in our party including our governors, the national working committee, board of trustees, and other leaders to seek their inputs and their wisdom.”

“In these consultations, I made clear that my running mate would have the potential to succeed me at a moment’s notice, that is, a president-in-waiting.

“In other words, the person must have the qualities to be President. The person must have an appreciation of the deep rot which our country has been put into by the rudderless All Progressives Congress government; understands the great suffering that most of our people are going through and the urgency of relieving them of that suffering; understands the critical importance of economic growth and development to provide our young people with jobs, hope, and a pathway to wealth.”

Meanwhile, the Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, had on June 29, 2022, during an interview on Arise TV, said Wike, and others who backed the Rivers governor for the PDP vice-presidential ticket slot deserved a detailed explanation from the party’s presidential candidate on his choice of running mate.

This was as he also said he had resorted to fast and prayers to seek God’s direction after the emergence of Okowa as the running mate to Atiku ahead of Wike.

Ortom said it was surprising that Atiku could jettison the recommendation of 14 out of 17 members of the committee that recommended Wike as his running mate.

Ortom said, “But I am waiting for him (Atiku) because there are more things he is expected to do. I expected him to reach out to Wike who came second and he denied him the popular view of PDP members. 14 out of 17 members say that Wike should be the VP but in his wisdom, he chose Governor Okowa. Governor Okowa is a nice man and my friend and I have no problem with him. But if we are in a democratic era, and 14 people out of 17 said that it should be Wike, and he (Atiku) in his wisdom gave it to Okowa, I expect more explanation, I expect him to talk to Wike first, I expect him to even reach out to some of us so that together we can work as a party.

“But the bottom line for me is that I have gone into hibernation and I am praying and at the end, whatever God directs me, I can assure you that I will do it.”

But speaking in an exclusive interview with Arise TV which was aired Friday morning, Atiku said he chose who he felt could deliver among the nominees that were presented to him.

He added that Wike was not rejected and that he only picked who could deliver.

Atiku said, “I didn’t reject Wike, I picked who can deliver. Wike is brilliant and tenacious . Going by history, I had picked an Igbo as running mate in 2007, in 2019.  I still picked an Igbo for 2023.

“The committee that presented the three nominees was chaired by the Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom. They  recommended three people, so I picked one. People should be fair to me and state the facts.”

Speaking on resolving issues with Wike, Atiku said the party was talking to Wike.

“We are reaching out to Wike and talking to him, very soon, we will resolve our internal crises.”

“I have contested this presidency a couple of times and I don’t try to blame anybody, I accept the outcome or go to court,” Atiku said.

Atiku also noted that he was driven by passion to serve the country. “I’m driven by passion and desire to give back to this country, I’m driven by the passion to give back to this country because of what the country has done for me.

“With what I have been able to accomplish at my age, I don’t desire any other thing other than the passion to serve my country.

Speaking on zoning, Atiku said the PDP had never agreed to zone presidency to the South, noting that there was no concession like that. “We never zoned to any part of the country,” he said.

https://punchng.com/i-picked-who-can-deliver-over-wike-atiku/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1658479423

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by God1000(m): 10:01am On Jul 22, 2022
I don't see PDP winning the southeast and South south this time because of Peter Obi

200 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 22, 2022
Atiku is talking too grin grin

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by Totilopussylick(m): 10:03am On Jul 22, 2022
Atiku also noted that he was driven by passion to serve the country. “I’m driven by passion and desire to give back to this country, I’m driven by the passion to give back to this country because of what the country has done for me.

After you and Obasanjo ruined Nigerians future For your own selfish interests.

You are now driven by passion to come back for more. You and APC will fail woefully tongue undecided tongue.

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by Maxymilliano(m): 10:04am On Jul 22, 2022
Atiku said, “I didn’t reject Wike, I picked who can deliver.
I find this demeaning and disrespect to Gov. Wike

Atiku's response only succeeded in exposing is level of intelligence in managing tricky situation as this. his response was supposed to douse the current situation and calm frey nerves but this type of reckless statement above can only aggravate the cracks in the party

182 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by Bomboiy: 10:05am On Jul 22, 2022
One thing I am grateful for is that Atiku didn't pick Wike,Okowa will not even deliver Delta state.

180 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by Lurdmax10: 10:11am On Jul 22, 2022
I hope this statement seats well with Wike.

How could anyone say Okowa can deliver over Wike?

133 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by Olojuobinrin(m): 10:20am On Jul 22, 2022
Atiku should try as much as possible to unite his party if he’s really serious about winning the presidential election in 2023 , A Divided house is not going to be a peaceful house, He should meet with Wike so they can both resolve the issues between them as well as other party members in the PDP, chaos in the party can cause them to lose votes from devoted party members who are not happy with the ongoing crises .

3 Likes

Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by Gunayo(m): 10:24am On Jul 22, 2022
Lurdmax10:
I hope this statement seats well with Wike.

How could anyone say Okowa can deliver over Wike?
Don't mind him. He will soon see the result of his comments during the presidential election in South South especially Rivers State.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by Parachoko: 10:25am On Jul 22, 2022
Lol

In terms of performance, okowa does not com close to Wike

Well, am glad Atiku will never get the numbers of votes he got in 2019 in the South South.

Even if the PDP will win, the margin won't be up to 10%.

198 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by LEGALSER: 10:32am On Jul 22, 2022
Lurdmax10:

https://punchng.com/i-picked-who-can-deliver-over-wike-atiku/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1658479423

Just imagine? grin Wike has taken note of this statement and that reconciliation will not work. He will simply sit down and watch how Okowa will deliver grin Atiku is a clown.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by naijainstinct: 10:52am On Jul 22, 2022
Parachoko:
Is so funny Nigerians have choosen to take this madness in peace.

The increase is so unacceptable, there is no excuse for such an increase.

How much even be the minimum wage?

Is the Nigerian Police created to make revenue? Is so sad the kin of things we Nigerians take from our leaders.
God bless you for this apt response. The NPF is not a revenue generating agency. They are taking our docility for granted but we will not keep quiet this time.

2 Likes

Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by Parachoko: 10:55am On Jul 22, 2022
naijainstinct:
God bless you for this apt response. The NPF is not a revenue generating agency. They are taking our docility for granted but we will not keep quiet this time.
I still believe Nigeria is this bad because of we the citizens.

Look at the way the people of Sri Lanka protested and fought for their right.

Believe me, nobody will do anything about this nonsense. I'm getting tired of this country.

How can they increase it from ₦5000 to ₦40000, the minimum wage is not even up to ₦40,000.

I still want to understand why the stuff will cost up to ₦40000, cause I am not understanding at all.

In a sane Country, people will protest hard for the IGP to resign or for him to be sack for this madness.

Buhari is a total failure. I'm sure he does not know most of what is happening in Nigeria sef. All his appointees just dey do anyhow.

147 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by naijainstinct: 11:00am On Jul 22, 2022
Parachoko:
I still believe Nigeria is this bad because of we the citizens.

Look at the way the people of Sri Lanka protested and fought for their right.

Believe me, nobody will do anything about this nonsense. I'm getting tired of this country.

How can they increase it from ₦5000 to ₦40000, the minimum wage is not even up to ₦40,000.

I still want to understand why the stuff will cost up to ₦40000, cause I am not understanding at all.

In a sane Country, people will protest hard for the IGP to resign or for him to be sack for this madness.

Buhari is a total failure. I'm sure he does not know most of what is happening in Nigeria sef. All his appointees just dey do anyhow.
My brother, I agree totally with you. The naira is on a free fall, yet they are bent on frustrating those willing to leave the country for them. Like you said, the problem is Nigerians and the way we are quick to agree to bad policies, laws and ineptitude of government at all levels.

5 Likes

Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by Kingnelson9: 11:11am On Jul 22, 2022
So Wike cannot deliver?
What a shame ! I suggest that Wike should decamp to LP because that's the winning party for the presidency next 2023.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by moufan: 11:41am On Jul 22, 2022
Jennifer663:
Atiku is talking too grin grin
so you're still deceiving yourself that Peter Obi will win the presidential election? keep deceiving yourself, Peter Obi will not win a single local government in nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by papmanxion(m): 11:50am On Jul 22, 2022
Maxymilliano:

I find this demeaning and disrespect to Gov. Wike

Atiku's response only succeeded in exposing is level of intelligence in managing tricky situation as this. his response was supposed to douse the current situation and calm frey nerves but this type of reckless statement above can only aggravate the cracks in the party

What about the disrespect Wike served him ?

1 Like

Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by papmanxion(m): 11:51am On Jul 22, 2022
Bomboiy:
One thing I am grateful for is that Atiku didn't pick Wike,Okowa will not even deliver Delta state.

As a delta state young man, best I can tell you is watch and see �

7 Likes

Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by papmanxion(m): 11:52am On Jul 22, 2022
Olojuobinrin:
Atiku should try as much as possible to unite his party if he’s really serious about winning the presidential election in 2023 , A Divided house is not going to be a peaceful house, He should meet with Wike so they can both resolve the issues between them as well as other party members in the PDP, chaos in the party can cause them to lose votes from devoted party members who are not happy with the ongoing crises .

While Wike deserve to be angry, it is ideal to note that he also have more to lose politically.
Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by papmanxion(m): 11:53am On Jul 22, 2022
Parachoko:
Lol

In terms of performance, okowa does not com close to Wike

Well, am glad Atiku will never get the numbers of votes he got in 2019 in the South South.

Even if the PDP will win, the margin won't be up to 10%.

Hehehehehehe do you think so ?

2 Likes

Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by Mekasiwa: 11:54am On Jul 22, 2022
Lalasticlala
Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by Armaggedon: 12:08pm On Jul 22, 2022
Summary
I picked okowa b'cos wike said he is not Igbo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by DavidHarry(m): 12:08pm On Jul 22, 2022
Na man you be. But you be douche bag
Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by Olojuobinrin(m): 12:09pm On Jul 22, 2022
papmanxion:

While Wike deserve to be angry, it is ideal to note that he also have more to lose politically.

You never can tell what he’s planning for himself politically, every politician has a game plan, it either favors them or turn out against them , only time will tell .

4 Likes

Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by Creamz(m): 12:09pm On Jul 22, 2022
I believe Governor Okowa is a gentle man that will deliver any time any day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by kennethfranc(m): 12:09pm On Jul 22, 2022
A
Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by jojofola: 12:10pm On Jul 22, 2022
Atiku like Tinubu, two old men who have no control over their talks.

Diarrhea of the mouth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) / Wole Soyinka Is Better Off As A 'Guinea Fowl' Hunter - Obasanjo / South-East Capital Projects In 2016 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.