Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO (54902 Views)

Cosmas Maduka Hails Stanley Uzochukwu For Repaying ₦150m Loan Without Agreement / Cosmas Maduka's Wife, Charity Is Dead / Cosmas Maduka Preaching The Gospel By The Roadside In Lagos. Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by loswhite(m): 4:34am On Nov 16, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
Take it from the man who has seen it all

It's like he died, resurrected and was given a second chance to life!!!

Trying at all cost to convince the people about the reality of life

Those of you doing Yahoo (hurting others) in other to gain wealth, needs to realize that they are all vanities of these world!!!

What will it benefits a man if he gains the whole world and losses his soul
You ppl are quick to call Yahoo(hurting others) but will probably celebrate the real ppl that have destroyed this country. The politicians and military dictators have finished this country.
Refineries are not working because ppl are benefiting from it. There is no light in the country because ppl are benefiting from it. There was no Yahoo Yahoo like this in the country when we had DSC working or had most of the other ports in the country working or even the refineries. My point is when you call Yahoo Yahoo also add the real Devils that destroyed this great country
Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by ZIAZI(m): 4:35am On Nov 16, 2020
I don get my own fair share of suffering, so when the money enter, I shall show no mercy to hardship!
Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by skayT: 4:46am On Nov 16, 2020
I don't think so Sir! I believe Mr Cosmos Maduka. His son Jonathan was my classmate, and I can tell you that students whose parents were not even as half rich as Mr Cosmos Maduka wore way more expensive school shoes, were driven in more expensive cars to school than his son. I don't know why the man lives that kinda lifestyle though.Jojo only had the basic things of life. A student from an average home would even help you with money before Jojo would.
helinues:
Na wash

1 Like

Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by Eirheizs: 4:51am On Nov 16, 2020
Yes, this is very true because i know this man so well. He used to be the boss to my brother and they attend the same church (LCA) up till date.
This is their doctrine and believe system, cos my brother also didn't train any of his kids with TV, nor allow them mingle with other children. Also, they segregate from the family, once they get married to their sister in same church. Their ways of doing things is very different, someone rigid and tough

2 Likes

Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by KosiGee(m): 4:51am On Nov 16, 2020
Judolisco:
not falling for anything bro maduka is one of the billionaires that made it from d scratch he did not even attend d University... When he dies his children will still inherit his wealth so I don't know why u guys are complaining... Dongote doesn't have a house abroad people who work under him has houses abroad jst different perspective on how people see things

People have the right to react. If he kept his opinion to himself, no one would question his life style or ways of bringing up children.

Maduka shouldn’t be telling the public that he uses ‘rubber band’ to hold his phone from disintegrating. If he does that, he is being mean to himself, family and the gullible people that idolise him and might copy such ascetic silliness.

I hope he doesn’t use of the expensive BMWs that sits in his showroom otherwise I’ll call him a hypocrite. He should be driving one of those 1960 VW beetles type of car.

Why should we be applauding a man who denies his family the benefits of cable Tv? That’s sadism. How could he say that? What does his children watch? NTA?? That’s even worse than child abuse.

He could motivate people to cut their coats according to the size of their cloths not display his eccentricities, there was no inspiration in his speech.

We call his type “Udo eji eke ego” or aka glue.

3 Likes

Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by bluefilm: 4:55am On Nov 16, 2020
And so?

I hope you also used waterproof as condom to be _fucking some cheap ashewos that time too?

Everybody trying to paint a picture of extreme poverty to gain some public sympathy or what? undecided

Nonsense. angry
Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by KosiGee(m): 4:59am On Nov 16, 2020
skayT:
I don't think so Sir! I believe Mr Cosmos Maduka. His son Jonathan was my classmate, and I can tell you that students whose parents were not even as half rich as Mr Cosmos Maduka wore way more expensive school shoes, were driven in more expensive cars to school than his son. I don't know why the man lives that kinda lifestyle though.Jojo only had the basic things of life. A student from an average home would even help you with money before Jojo would.

That man is training sadists and social misfits.

His ways should not be applauded.

He is like a professional hairdresser or barber whose children’s hairs are unkempt and not properly taken care of because of some paranoia that if he does, the kids might end up spotting braids, cornrows etc.
Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by femi4: 5:11am On Nov 16, 2020
gasparpisciotta:
I know his in-law a multi millionaire who operates in similar way, he once told me that growing up was hell, therefore they do not want their children to grow up believing that they can afford everything.

It has to do with their up bringing and religious beliefs.

If only he knows that there is a lot to gain from TV programmes. He lacks basic parenting skills
Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by Kelvin125(m): 5:34am On Nov 16, 2020
I have seen the comments here and conclude that our young people have a long way to go. This man talking about not using cable TV , he is just inculcating the use of time and time management in his children and himself. I have had the opportunity of meeting this man and his son while in Lagos Business School, and I can conclude that Cosmas Maduka is a great Role model

3 Likes

Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by livinbygrace: 5:36am On Nov 16, 2020
Orubebe01:
Stringy man. Anambra people and stingy are like bread and butter

It is not about Anambra or tribe.Using expensive gadget does not means you are rich,infact the real hardworking rich business men dont really have time for expensive or fancy phones.Even Otedela uses using torchlight phone sometimes.
Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by BennyDGreat: 5:41am On Nov 16, 2020
DOnlooker:
But you are perfectly ok with fantastically ripping bmw owners off. Parts at Coscharis cost at least 5 times more than what they spent in importing them. Of course you can hide under the cloak of claiming it's all business but such massive overpricing is an exploitation of your customers and I'm sure you will find many instances in the bible where you love to preach from that condemns such acts.

5 times more?
Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by freeeeme(m): 6:00am On Nov 16, 2020
What's the moral lesson? How does that improve GDP? Has that reduce Onion price? Mtschew...Oshisko
Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by madjune(m): 6:06am On Nov 16, 2020
If you're simple by lifestyle, you don't need to try too hard to sell it to people.

It shows effortlessly.
Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by awoluyi(m): 6:08am On Nov 16, 2020
Me I know a man wey no get shoe wen he dey go school, but tode him haosi dey full with assorted foreign shoes bought with money wey I no know hao he get am.
Anyway there are lots to learn from this tori.
Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by toprealman: 6:08am On Nov 16, 2020
Wonder the lessons here. Driving a car means nothing..... could be needed for emergency.
Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by jaytime(m): 6:09am On Nov 16, 2020
Please how can I reach this man? Baba should give me the money to spend for him na. I'm someone else's child.
Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by naijadrivablog: 6:11am On Nov 16, 2020
Orubebe01:
Stringy man. Anambra people and stingy are like bread and butter

Nnewi.

But he may be right. As at 2013, he still drives a 2nd Generation BMW X5, even when he sells Rolls Royce's, etc.

He doesn't look like a Billionaire in person. I live in one of his relative's House. I know the son of Pamaco, his relative. Or is it JP West in Lagos?
Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by almakiyyun(m): 6:12am On Nov 16, 2020
yosmen:
you get money, you no enjoy yourself, you are on your own

that guy na stingy guy. believe u me he never assist anyone.
Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by dazzlingd(m): 6:30am On Nov 16, 2020
His own problem.

That doesn't mean we should do same.

Everyone deserve to live their lives the way they want, a CEO using a rubber band phone is no excuse for me to use a trashy phone.

He may be wealthy but he still suffers poverty of the mind. What a shame, village people don see this one finish.

He thinks he still lives in his archaic era, this is information age. With hell with him
Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by awoluyi(m): 6:36am On Nov 16, 2020
almakiyyun:

that guy na stingy guy. believe u me he never assist anyone.

A level of stinginess is required if one desires to grow wealth especially at the commencement of business life.
What many refer to as being stingy can best be described as "delayed gratification" when a person is starting to create wealth.
Being too generous with money at the beginning of a man's life can surely lead to poverty.
I don't know chief Maduka in person but I had listened to him on tv spoken about how he helped Ifeanyi Uba and how Uba paid him back. Probably this discouraged him from giving his money to others.

2 Likes

Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by Cantonese: 6:38am On Nov 16, 2020
Sometimes these people make themselves look very stupid. How on earth would he say such things publicly? Was he sermonising the people on humility or accountability?

Look at it this way. He is a major distributor of BMW cars in Nigeria. He has other massive business interests. He expects people to buy and drive his expensive models of cars otherwise he"ll be out of business and revert to poverty. He expects people both young and old to purchase his expensive products for him to remain in business.

Now he refused to purchase good phones made by other organizations in the name of minimising his expenses or wisdom? If his likes do not purchase expensive phones, how do his likes expect other companies to stay afloat? Who does he expect to buy expensive phones? If the rich fail to buy his cars and come publicly to tell ue how they use Peugeot 504 GL, how will he feel?

Shamelessly he's told people that his wife bought him the good phone. His children were not allowed cars. But he did not tell us the kind of schools they attended. Surely they did not attend public schools.

If this man were Bill Gates, poverty will remain the lot of Africans. Bill Gates has spent a lot of money battling illnesses in his country, Nigeria. Even Ned Nwoko who is not as wealthy as Bill Gates is tackling malaria in Nigeria, yet we have not heard of his such acts from him. His senator representing his zone, Ifeanyi Ubah is presently repairing federal roads in their zone and he will ply the roads when he goes to his village for Christmas.

Stinginess worry the man well well.

Abeg make he carry that story go far.

1 Like

Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by Froshloaded: 6:38am On Nov 16, 2020
When he is dead, the people that didn't work for his money will spend it anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by kelly72: 6:45am On Nov 16, 2020
You can be old school, austere, stingy and puritan and still be a billionaire.

You can be young, poor, pleasurable and wealth craving but never make it.

There are old school church rats and there are modern day, pleasure seeking wealthy people.

Wherever you fall, one thing is common to rich people; what do you do?

3 Likes

Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by livinbygrace: 6:52am On Nov 16, 2020
Kelvin125:
I have seen the comments here and conclude that our young people have a long way to go. This man talking about not using cable TV , he is just inculcating the use of time and time management in his children and himself. I have had the opportunity of meeting this man and his son while in Lagos Business School, and I can conclude that Cosmas Maduka is a great Role model

You are smart and intelligent.Many people do not really understand the message he passing across.Bishop Oyedepo used to say that for you to be successful you should have less time in watching TV or unimportant activities.Personally i gave out my android phone and swith to nokia torchlight phone,simply because of people bringing irrelevant and unimportant issues on Whatsapp.So i get the message and he should be emulated.
Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by Elmander1983(m): 7:00am On Nov 16, 2020
Greedy man. Even to approve payment for services rendered by the company I worked was always a problem. Can't count the number of times he had stopped payment of staff coz no money as he would say.
post=96078120:
The Founder, President, and Chairman of the Coscharis Group, Cosmas Maduka says he uses a rubber band to tie and hold his phone to keep it from falling apart.

The businessman, while speaking at The International Festival Of Victory (IFOV), an annual conference of Word Assembly, held at the Vision House Headquarters in Lagos, said he wonders why people use expensive gadgets, In a 4-hour business lecture, The 61 years old business tycoon disclosed that he uses a rubber band to keep his phone from falling apart, and he only changed phones when his wife gifted him a new one.

The chairman of Coscharis Motors also said that his 2 sons were not allowed to drive any car until they graduated from the University, he added that he once kicked his second son out of the house for 3 months for driving a car.

The Nnewi native said he trained his kids without a Television in his house and to date, he does not have Cable Tv at home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw8EZybTRIQ
Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by fabolouz1(m): 7:06am On Nov 16, 2020
Na u know wetin u enter.
This isn't motivation.
Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by Joseph08(m): 7:12am On Nov 16, 2020
No worries when you die your children will useless the money undecided

Continue using rubber band to tie and hold your phone grin

Motivational speaker indeed!
Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by miketayo(m): 7:14am On Nov 16, 2020
favor914:
Go and make your own money, & spend it as you like, why take Panadol extra, for another persons headache?

Where u see Panadol undecided. It a forum everyone has his own opinion. Na u dey take Panadol ontop my simple opinion
Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by faoogoke(m): 7:21am On Nov 16, 2020
fykes:
When I become a billionaire, I will encourage my kids to have the best of childhood available. Bit from year 1, in the uni, they get seed funds for investments and I will mentor each one on growing a business, giving and financial responsibility.

What's d need of banning things at home they can get or do outside?

My people say a child that is not trained is the one that will sell the house their father built.
Do you hear about his children mess around the way Otedola's children are messing around?
He may seem harsh and stingy but I tell you he is saving the life of his children.
The misery of many begin the moment they become rich. The use the wealth to destroy their lives and the lives of their children in the name of enjoying the wealth.
Wisdom is profitable. There is no enjoyment in having Iphone, driving Jeep, living in a palatial house.
But there is great enjoyment in living a godly legacy for our children especially.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 16, 2020
maybe he's talking about when he's trying to make it not when he made it...
anyways I have umidigi A5 pro for sale location Onitsha WhatsApp/call 07031303973
Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by Donpeee001: 7:31am On Nov 16, 2020
This man is stupidly poor in the brain..
Re: Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO by Dcaliphate(m): 7:40am On Nov 16, 2020
FarahAideed:
Does that even make sense ? Stop glorifying nonsense ...It's Satanic money worship and disorganization that will make man worth 500 million dollars to tie his phone with Rubber band
$800million actually

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Founder Of Peace Mass Transport Eating At A Road Side Buka.PICS / Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times / How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.