Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,023 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training (76449 Views)

Nasarawa Footballer, Jonah Slumps And Dies During Match (Photos) / Footballer Damilola Slumps And Dies During Match In Osun (Photo) / Dominic Dukudod Is Dead! Don K Slumps And Dies While Warming Up For Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 16, 2020
So disheartening, RIP. Nna eh

Easiest ways to make extra money offline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUOm97wlNGc
Re: Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training by mayor1814: 10:03pm On Nov 16, 2020
So so sad. nothing is guaranteed in this life, no matter how healthy, wealthy, famous , attractive u are anything can happen d next minute. MAY GOD HELP US. MAY GOD COMFORT HIS FAMILY.

1 Like

Re: Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training by XOGBADO(m): 10:05pm On Nov 16, 2020
Coronavirus84:
Every living things must taste death, its inevitable. May your gentle soul rest in perfect peace in Jesus mighty name

Oga try to be reasonable. How would you feel if someone says this to you when you loose a loved one?

2 Likes

Re: Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training by okooloyun1(m): 10:06pm On Nov 16, 2020
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training by AstuteChap: 10:06pm On Nov 16, 2020
May God grant him eternal rest.

This incidence reminds me of Samuel Okwaraji, a Nigerian footballer who also collapsed about ten minutes from the end of a 1990 World Cup qualifier against Angola in Lagos in 1989 cry
Re: Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training by Princedapace(m): 10:08pm On Nov 16, 2020
HitlerGaddafi:
Fabrice Muamba would have definitely been dead too if he was playing in Nigeria.

We really need to step up as far as medical attention is concerned during match days.

Nigeria has a terrible health care system o.

I need to use health facilities few days ago, that was when I understood how terrible the sector is.. Sincerely, anyone who is still supporting Nigerian politicians and the current political structure we run is completely maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

7 Likes

Re: Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training by carbony4red(m): 10:11pm On Nov 16, 2020
Inside life
Re: Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training by golddare: 10:13pm On Nov 16, 2020
MrTAnonymous:
Yusuf Usman Usein, Nigerian striker, slumps and die while training with Gateway FC

Nigerian football fraternities have been thrown into deep mourning on Monday morning, November 16, following the tragic death of ex-Shooting Stars player Yusuf Usman Usein.

The forward who was popularly known as 'Eiye' was training with Gateway FC of Abeokuta with the hopes of signing for them before he slumped on Sunday evening, November 15.

Usein was said to have been resuscitated on the pitch by medical men who rushed into action after he slumped.

And according to the confirmation by Crown FC of Ogbomoso media officer Tunji Alabi, the player died later in the midnight.

Alabi said further that Eiye who also played for Crown FC was a very hardworking, easy going, loyal, very dedicated and God fearing player.

''It is so unfortunate that we have lost Usein and we pray that God will forgive him and grant him eternal rest. He was a good and dedicated player when he was playing for us in Ogbomoso,''Yusuf Usman Usein actually started his football career on the streets of Ibadan in Oyo state before he was given the chance to join Shooting Stars.

The lanky forward spent two seasons with the Ibadan-based club before he moved to Crown FC of Ogbomoso.

Gateway FC will be playing in the Nigeria's second tier League which is the National League in the 2020/21 season.

https://www.legit.ng/1383993-yusuf-usman-usein-nigerian-striker-slumps-die-training-abeokuta.html

Sometimes we think playing football is fun for these guys but I tell it's hard job and that's why nobody should envy them. Rest in peace brotherly.

3 Likes

Re: Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training by Gaggii: 10:18pm On Nov 16, 2020
Karlman:
Heart

Happens so often.

Saw a young chap in Lagos one morning, he fell down on training and lay as though on sleep. He was just about 15years old. I couldn't believe he was dead, how peaceful he laid at the back of the car. The Doctor came out and checked him inside the car, shakes his head and told them not to bother bringing him out of the car as he was already dead. The club coach and few of the players there stood confused thinking how to go tell his mother in the market.
I was dumbfounded and have never forgotten that scene. The way he lay peacefully intact.

Very poor English
Re: Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training by pompeiimagnus: 10:21pm On Nov 16, 2020
Greenishland:
kiss

God didn't create humans to be exercising all the time. This is the reason why you see great sports persons dying on the field.

Cardiac arrest is real. Reduce exercises, eat healthy and live longer and happier just like Queen Elizabeth. I am not sure she does any strenuous exercise but I am sure she eats healthy and she has lived longer than many of our athletes.

RIP to the dead.

Exercise is vital for the health of your heart. You don't see the Queen exercising in public, but she most likely does so privately. For professional athletes in developed countries, cardiac arrest may not even be an issue because they undergo periodic heart screenings to detect irregular heartbeats. I don't think any Nigerian football club can provide such full medical coverage for their players...

6 Likes

Re: Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training by excel101(m): 10:23pm On Nov 16, 2020
This one he died while on trial with Gateway FC, we hope and pray Gateway GC help to suppor his burial.
Re: Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training by Realhommie(m): 10:23pm On Nov 16, 2020
HitlerGaddafi:
Fabrice Muamba would have definitely been dead too if he was playing in Nigeria.

We really need to step up as far as medical attention is concerned during match days.
And Marc Vivien Foe should still be alive since he was playing in Europe at the time, right?

3 Likes

Re: Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training by rawlineo2000(m): 10:26pm On Nov 16, 2020
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training by timilehin007(m): 10:27pm On Nov 16, 2020
Buhari effect
Re: Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training by Ogidigan1: 10:28pm On Nov 16, 2020
Possible Suspects:

1.Village people.
2. Step mother.
3. Ritualist/Occult father
4. Siblings or parents who r witches and wizards.
5. Self (maybe he joined one thing or the other).
6. Wicked uncle.

1 Like

Re: Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training by Karlman: 10:28pm On Nov 16, 2020
Gaggii:

Very poor English
Of course!
Its not written for the daft.

4 Likes

Re: Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training by Gaggii: 10:32pm On Nov 16, 2020
Karlman:

Of course!
Its not written for the daft.

Work on yourself, it will benefit you in future
Re: Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training by tellwisdom: 10:34pm On Nov 16, 2020
This is real. I remember warming up before weekend games. Just immediately I stepped aside to ease myself, I lost control of my head- vision became blurry and heart beat ceased for seconds; I just moved out of the position a little and fell on the floor.

Immediately I regained myself, I stood up and continued my journey. Nobody knew what happened to me; because I was alone there. And this is a guy that plays Extensive football for more than 2Hours without shaking.

Please always make out time to work out extensively. Let your heart warm up and beat well for proper blood circulation.

2 Likes

Re: Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:35pm On Nov 16, 2020
Strongbest:
Painful! I think there's a certain health issue/condition associated with this kind of death. Because I have heard of this kind of death more than thrice among footballers.

RIP young man.
Cardiovascular disease ! It is a heart related ailment which is very dangerous and kills silently. Take a look at this man's case now,he wouldn't have gone for training if he felt he was sick. He felt very well and okay and that was why he went for the football training yet,he wasn't okay !

The issue is that most people don't go for medical check up to know the status of their health. People with this disease are usually advised not to perform any kind of energy sapping activities ; it's dangerous.

It is called a silent killer because most Patients are not even aware of the fact that they have it until they are told after diagnosis !

May his soul rest in peace.

4 Likes

Re: Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training by ello29(m): 10:35pm On Nov 16, 2020
May your perfect soul rest in peace Amen
Re: Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training by Karlman: 10:39pm On Nov 16, 2020
Gaggii:

Work on yourself, it will benefit you in future
Lol!
So I can write for the illiterate?
No. The intellectually poor like you have those who communicate to them.

I on the other hand write for intellectuals. And will not lower my terms or syntax so as to be understood by the unlettered.

3 Likes

Re: Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training by Kenny9857(m): 10:43pm On Nov 16, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

I don’t think it is village people. I think it is undiagnosed heart condition

RIP
That's true
Re: Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training by Gaggii: 10:47pm On Nov 16, 2020
Karlman:

Lol!

I on the other hand write for intellectuals. And will not lower my terms or syntax so as to be understood by the unlettered.

Have said my own, if you like, abuse me till tomorrow.

It's just a father to son advice, am not fighting you.

I have a child like you.
Re: Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training by Cutehector(m): 10:50pm On Nov 16, 2020
Dont stress your heart please.

2 Likes

Re: Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training by PureNigerian: 10:51pm On Nov 16, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Too bad...
Rest in peace..footballers dying or collapsing on the pitch is very painful ...

If you are a niggarrrr and you watch some moments of death in football...when a player collapsed and die on the pitch
No Matter how hard you are as a real niggarrr...you must shed tears or rather tears will roll down you eyes...
Especially if you are a lover of soccer

Are you a kid? Please, stop using that N word

1 Like

Re: Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training by PureNigerian: 10:53pm On Nov 16, 2020
Ogidigan1:
Possible Suspects:

1.Village people.
2. Step mother.
3. Ritualist/Occult father
4. Siblings or parents who r witches and wizards.
5. Self (maybe he joined one thing or the other).
6. Wicked uncle.

Grow up

1 Like

Re: Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training by Humanoid01(m): 10:56pm On Nov 16, 2020
Strongbest:
Painful! I think there's a certain health issue/condition associated with this kind of death. Because I have heard of this kind of death more than thrice among footballers.

RIP young man.
it's most likely a cardiac issue. He probably saw the symptoms, but paid little/no attention to it.

This could have been my case a few years ago if I didn't raise an alarm. I used to play football often, but I always noticed after a few minutes of running, I'd get tired easily with chest pains, I also had sessions of short breaths.

It got worse in 2016, then I decided to visit the doc. I was referred to a cardiologist for an ECG test. The result crumbled my world temporarily especially my football aspirations, but I was and have been thankful that I discovered relatively early, for me to make necessary adjustments.

It's been difficult letting go of that dream, knowing how passionate I am about football and how much of a good player I am [I don't mean to brag]. I had to learn the hard way, that sometimes you have to let go of the things you love for your own good. I think that's why some of these people die undiagnosed, they love what they do so much that they cannot stand the thought of having to quit it, that's why they don't pay much attention to their health.

6 Likes

Re: Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training by Emmatitang10(m): 10:57pm On Nov 16, 2020
This guy was not taken to the hospital, the story is not true. RIP young baller
MrTAnonymous:

https://punchng.com/crown-fc-player-slumps-dies-during-friendly-match-in-ogun/
Re: Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training by Gabbriell: 10:59pm On Nov 16, 2020
Karlman:

Lol!

Learn to ignore some people. It's 11pm, most people are already drunk by now.

10 Likes

Re: Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training by Nmezor(f): 11:02pm On Nov 16, 2020
Rest in peace to him....might b heart related
Re: Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training by OdefaGirl(f): 11:05pm On Nov 16, 2020
The care the medics gave him was supposed to be a first aid, which he should have been taken to the hospital for proper attention.....
Just like that....??
RIP to the dead. I want to start congratulating people, am just tired of typing RIP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) / Pastor Taribo West Is Holding A Crusade In Lagos This December!! / (Photos) Ifeanyi Ubah International Stadium Is Ready To Host Africa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.