Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 (3867 Views)

Hon Simon Oshi Receives Appointment As The Youngest PDP Come Back 2023 / Analysing The Chances Of PDP Come 2019 Presidential Election / Nigerian Economy Under My Watch Is Looking Good - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by dukeprince50: 8:37am On Nov 17, 2020
Except the SE will agree to take a VP position, I do not see PDP winning 2023 election.
my reasons are because most people see Ipob as Igbo thing just like they see Boko haram as Northern thing and with the hatred, lies and insults from Ipob on other states and other states on Ipob, it will be difficult for a SE politician to win 2023 presidential election with PDP as a party, cos the north won't vote them after all the name calling and making PMB government hard.
The west and east are like two parallel lines, and recently SS is getting divided, so their only stronghold is SE and some part of SS.

Meanwhile if PDP gives it to the North, PDP may loose their stronghold, which is the SE and that isn't too good, this will make most politicians from SE move to APGA and APC.

PDP might win some states in gubernatorial election but may never win those states in presidential election.
PDP option is to give it to SE, they may not win(no one knows) but at least, the SE deserve to get the presidential ticket, but if they don't win 2023, the party will be loosing its supporters and also its value, it will be difficult to win future election after 16years of not seeing ASO rock

APC on the other hand, had no problem with zoning as long as it comes to the South. There are a lot of heavy weights in the South that can win presidential election, any day any time.
2023 is going to be tough, I wish to be alive till then

9 Likes

Re: Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by Moferere: 9:00am On Nov 17, 2020
How much is the total votes in the South East?
Not up to Lagos + Ogun.

Stop hyping them.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by duduade: 9:02am On Nov 17, 2020
It was never good and it will never be good

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by slimfit1(m): 9:10am On Nov 17, 2020
PDP is the reason Buhari is in power. They have short memories, please ignore them even if they form new party they are the same.

4 Likes

Re: Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by Kyase(m): 9:16am On Nov 17, 2020
APC won't leave in 2023, even if they give a togolese the ticket...
Who ever wins the APC ticket is the next president....
argue with Trump

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by dukeprince50: 11:05am On Nov 17, 2020
Moferere:
Not up to Lagos + Ogun.

Stop hyping them.
I am not hyping them but they are still a formidable region with their undivided support

2 Likes

Re: Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by dukeprince50: 11:06am On Nov 17, 2020
slimfit1:
PDP is the reason Buhari is in power. They have short memories, please ignore them even if they form new party they are the same.
PDP can't win next election but if they don't, they will loose supporters and its bad for the future

1 Like

Re: Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by dukeprince50: 11:07am On Nov 17, 2020
Kyase:
APC won't leave in 2023, even if they give a togolese the ticket...
Who ever wins the APC ticket is the next president....
argue with Trump
I know, but this will make PDP loose supporters, they may be as unmarketable as APGA

1 Like

Re: Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by Kyase(m): 11:15am On Nov 17, 2020
dukeprince50:
I know, but this will make PDP loose supporters, they may be as unmarketable as APGA
True....
But I will tell you, in 2024, yes 2024 PDP won't have any governor in the North....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by celeiyke: 11:54am On Nov 17, 2020
Moferere:
Not up to Lagos + Ogun.

Stop hyping them.

People who don't know politics are always quick to comment. Please go back, do a proper analysis and return back

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by Seerade029: 12:34pm On Nov 17, 2020
dukeprince50:
Except the SE will agree to take a VP position, I do not see PDP winning 2023 election.
my reasons are because most people see Ipob as Igbo thing just like they see Boko haram as Northern thing and with the hatred, lies and insults from Ipob on other states and other states on Ipob, it will be difficult for a SE politician to win 2023 presidential election with PDP as a party, cos the north won't vote them after all the name calling and making PMB government hard.
The west and east are like two parallel lines, and recently SS is getting divided, so their only stronghold is SE and some part of SS.

Meanwhile if PDP gives it to the North, PDP may loose their stronghold, which is the SE and that isn't too good, this will make most politicians from SE move to APGA and APC.

PDP might win some states in gubernatorial election but may never win those states in presidential election.
PDP option is to give it to SE, they may not win(no one knows) but at least, the SE deserve to get the presidential ticket, but if they don't win 2023, the party will be loosing its supporters and also its value, it will be difficult to win future election after 16years of not seeing ASO rock

APC on the other hand, had no problem with zoning as long as it comes to the South. There are a lot of heavy weights in the South that can win presidential election, any day any time.

Your analysis is accurate.
It will start getting interesting as from 2022. When both will do their primaries.

1 Like

Re: Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by Seerade029: 12:36pm On Nov 17, 2020
dukeprince50:
PDP can't win next election but if they don't, they will loose supporters and its bad for the future

True but I suggest Igbos should grow APGA.

Who can imagine AC / ACN a Lagos based party, will be the ruling party now

5 Likes

Re: Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by Moferere: 1:09pm On Nov 17, 2020
celeiyke:

People who don't know politics are always quick to comment. Please go back, do a proper analysis and return back
Abia — 1,932,892
Anambra — 2,447,996
Ebonyi — 1,459,933
Enugu — 1,944,016
Imo — 2,272,293
Total of all South East votes = 10,057,130

Lagos — 6,570,291
Oyo — 2,934,107
Total of just two states = 9,504,398

What card will you put on the table when negotiations start?

2 Likes

Re: Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by Okoroawusa: 1:13pm On Nov 17, 2020
Moferere:

Abia — 1,932,892
Anambra — 2,447,996
Ebonyi — 1,459,933
Enugu — 1,944,016
Imo — 2,272,293

Lagos — 6,570,291
Oyo — 2,934,107

This is not looking good at all.

Well I don't care. I already know who to vote for in 2023. If APC doesn't field him then it's a great mistake.
Re: Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by Seerade029: 1:17pm On Nov 17, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Well I don't care. I already know who to vote for in 2023. If APC doesn't field him then it's a great mistake.

Òsínbánjọ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 17, 2020
Moferere:
Abia — 1,932,892 Anambra — 2,447,996 Ebonyi — 1,459,933 Enugu — 1,944,016 Imo — 2,272,293 Total of all South East votes = 10,057,130

Lagos — 6,570,291 Oyo — 2,934,107 Total of just two states = 9,504,398

If I say you are below 18 years una go say I don't know how to talk.
The paramter u used is an arrant nonsense and no one dares use such
out of lagos 6 milion only round 600k votes is always been coughed out

Oyo around 200-300k.
sometimes I belive nairaland is full of under age.

The whole nonsense u wrote is an outright trash.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by techmo(m): 1:21pm On Nov 17, 2020
Regardless of low PVC and voters , SouthEast should get consideration from PDP in 2023

1 Like

Re: Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by Moferere: 1:26pm On Nov 17, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Apart from the spirit of EQUITY, when it comes to party's presidential primaries both in the APC and PDP, the ace does not favour South East.

Calculate the numbers of Ward Adhoc Delegates from each of 6 Geopolitical zones — South East has the least.

Calculate the numbers of Statutory Delegates from each of the 6 Geopolitical zones — South East is disadvantaged.

Do a previous election analysis — both in the APC and PDP, it doesn't favour South East.

Political Perception — it will be difficult to give a zone that has been clamouring for cessation the presidential power.

If a South East President emerged and finds himself in the position of Goodluck Jonathan in 2015, he will break Nigeria after losing a reelection.

There are various factors to consider. But some political tyros will come here and say anything.
Re: Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by helinues: 1:27pm On Nov 17, 2020
grin
Re: Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by dukeprince50: 1:27pm On Nov 17, 2020
techmo:
Regardless of low PVC and voters , SouthEast should get consideration from PDP in 2023
that is what I'm saying
Re: Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by dukeprince50: 1:29pm On Nov 17, 2020
ok
Re: Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by OVB123: 1:39pm On Nov 17, 2020
It will be difficult for any south east governor to win 2023 presidential election. That is 4 sure.
Re: Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by idid: 1:41pm On Nov 17, 2020
Anybody that wants to be talking about APC and PDP politics in 2023. It shall not be well with all of you.
We are tired of the ugly duo PDP and APC.
It's time for something different

1 Like

Re: Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by Moferere: 2:02pm On Nov 17, 2020
Juliusmalema:

If I say you are below 18 years una go say I don't know how to talk.
The paramter u used is an arrant nonsense and no one dares use such
out of lagos 6 milion only round 600k votes is always been coughed out

Oyo around 200-300k.
sometimes I belive nairaland is full of under age.

The whole nonsense u wrote is an outright trash.

Our style may differ, but please, let this be the last time you will attack me.

Learn to address issues not persons.

I don't know who you are but if I am to judge you by what you have been writing on this nairaland, I am very sure that we are not mates.
I am sorry to say, you write like an undergraduate and it is obvious that you are young Nigerian with little or no political experience or exposure.

Away from the digressions, let's face the issues.

In the last presidential election, Anambra state had the highest voters turnout in the entire South East.

Can you please tell me the TOTAL VOTERS TURN OUT IN ANAMBRA IN 2019 ELECTION?

Oyo State has the second highest voters turnout in the south west.

Can you tell me the Total Voters Turnout in Oyo state in the 2019 presidential election?

Can you do a comparative analysis of voters turn out in the two geopolitical zones in 2019?

Can you do a trend analysis of total voters turn out in 2015 and 2019 for:
South East
South South
South West.

This is how to discuss politics, not but hurling insults on people that you don't know.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by oluwadabira222(m): 2:16pm On Nov 17, 2020
Moferere:

Abia — 1,932,892
Anambra — 2,447,996
Ebonyi — 1,459,933
Enugu — 1,944,016
Imo — 2,272,293

Lagos — 6,570,291
Oyo — 2,934,107

na leaner you be for politic out of that 9.5 mil for lagos less than 1mil will vote on election day
Re: Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by Moferere: 2:18pm On Nov 17, 2020
techmo:
I disagree with you.
Only APC can deliver South East presidency
Only an incumbent government can present a candidate from a geopolitical zone with the least total registered voters, the least voter turnout, the highest voter apathy.
Re: Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by Moferere: 2:21pm On Nov 17, 2020
oluwadabira222:
na leaner you be for politic out of that 9.5 mil for lagos less than 1mil will vote on election day

You are wrong.
Last presidential election, those two states have close to 2m voters turn out.

Precisely, a total of 1,760,759 votes were shared between APC and PDP in Oyo and Lagos State in 2019, while a total of 2,097,453 votes were shared between APC and PDP in the entire 5 South East states in 2019
Re: Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 17, 2020
dukeprince50:

When u see a Yoruba man talk ..u just know
Boko Haram didn't stop buhari from wining election but ipob that has killed no one would stop igbo

Lol ...

7 Likes

Re: Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by SpecialAdviser(m): 2:30pm On Nov 17, 2020
Moferere:
Not up to Lagos + Ogun.

Stop hyping them.

And how many South Easterners are voting outside their land? If not for the way they are oppressed and disenfranchised.
Re: Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by Moferere: 2:34pm On Nov 17, 2020
SpecialAdviser:

And how many South Easterners are voting outside their land? If not for the way they are oppressed and disenfranchised.

You won't win this argument if you go this way.

7 of us are voting in my immediate family and we have never voted in Yoruba land.

We've always been voting here in Abuja.

How do you sort the igbo and Yoruba votes from the votes that comes from Nasarawa LGA, Kano? Because that local government is dominated by yoruba and Igbo

3 Likes

Re: Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by cktheluckyman: 2:37pm On Nov 17, 2020
Moferere:
Not up to Lagos + Ogun.

Stop hyping them.
25% of votes in Lagos belong to people of the SE.PDP has continued to win in 5 LGA of Lagos dominated by Igbos

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Its Not Looking Good For PDP Come 2023 by SpecialAdviser(m): 2:37pm On Nov 17, 2020
Moferere:

You won't win this argument if you go this way.

7 of us are voting in my immediate family and we have never voted in Yoruba land.

We've always been voting here in Abuja.

How do you sort the igbo and Yoruba votes from the votes that comes from Nasarawa LGA, Kano? Because that local government is dominated by yoruba and Igbo

Well, for your information, APC already settled for SE ticket 2023. You kids can continue to yab yourselves. Its only adivsable PDP do same or they lose the entire SE to APC.

Politics is about interest and SE will always go one direction. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: South South Will Shock Tinubu&apc / Fashola Inherited N100 Billion Debt From Tinubu. / When Will The British Apologise To Africa(nigeria)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.