Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Can A Guy Be Called Cheap? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Guy Be Called Cheap? (1927 Views)

Can A Guy Be A Game Freak To This Extent? (picture) / How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? / Could This Guy Be The Sexiest Short Guy On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Guy Be Called Cheap? by MsPotato(f): 12:55pm On Mar 18, 2011
Tosin, I could almost swear u are a sexists.  angry
Re: Can A Guy Be Called Cheap? by SALady(f): 1:33pm On Mar 18, 2011
Tosinville:

SA Lady

I know where you're going to, you want both sexes to be classify as the same right? but i'll let you know if a man bleep up to 200 girls in a town during his bachelor's life, there'll still be some girls who will always want his hand for marriage no matter how worst he's during his youth time.

2. but if its a lady that was bleep by 200 guys during her time before marriage then she'll always be the topic in town and no man will even try to cross her part due to her past experience they all know bout.

@Tonsin, this is not about sexes, forget it, I dont roll like that. This is about people, individuals, self respecting people.

Trust me I will not date anyone who has been around the block. My philosophy about such people is that they been there, done that and now awfully tired.

Any man for me who has been around the block is a major major turn off, sorry no cant do. I am not being naive about this either, becauese some idiot may choose not to tell me about their dark past. There's nothing I can do about it.

Tosinville:

For instance: D'banj & Genevieve Nnaji Romance

D'banj's family complaint that the relationship between both of them can't work not to talk of marriage, they ended up splitting just because his family knows about her past life with Atiku & Some other politics whereas we also know D'banj is a real playa in the past even till now but if D'banj still stand up today that he need a girl, many ladies across the globe will still want to marriage him not caring maybe is he a player or not even you SA lady & Bhusayor so lets be sincere with ourselves here.

This your D'banj I do not care how much money and or popularity he has, you are saying this to a wrong girl. I am not attracted let alone enticed by such.

Good riddens to this guy, not only does he sleep around but he's got family that maddles in his personal affairs, and I should call him a man? PLEASE!!! no wonder he sleeps around, seeking affirmation elsewhere and in other ways. Its called compensating, now we know just how much he is lacking. No whole and sane living being would choose to live their life like that

Give me a man who is self respecting, for i think I know who he sorrounds himself with, and what kind of a woman he's after then I am all game.

Simple, we are talking about people with class here, and no money or fame can buy you that.

Until you understand what the word MAN means @Tonsi, we are basically going nowhere slowly.
Re: Can A Guy Be Called Cheap? by segzicres(m): 1:37pm On Mar 18, 2011
how old are all these peole posting 'ish here? too many dull peeps here. going out
Re: Can A Guy Be Called Cheap? by BABE3: 5:49pm On Mar 18, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@babe!
A man asking you to pay for your share of the meal is a WISE man not a CHEAP one. . . . . Unless HE invited you to the restaurant/cinema. Now if YOU will always expect HIM to invite you then YOU are the cheap one.

@thread
How can anyone be called cheap other than because of money?!
Cheap naughty person/cheap wh0re all relate to money.

LoL, U funny! I still KNOW any man date that does that is cheap!

How does expecting someone to invite you to someplace make u cheap? (I dont really expect an answer for that, Its kind of a Rhetorical question) smiley
Re: Can A Guy Be Called Cheap? by MrsChima1(f): 5:53pm On Mar 18, 2011
Yes.
Re: Can A Guy Be Called Cheap? by InkedNerd(f): 6:56pm On Mar 18, 2011
@OP: What do you mean by cheap? Can you please explain a bit more?
Re: Can A Guy Be Called Cheap? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 18, 2011
Tosinville:

Bhusayor

There's nothing like promiscuous men, in case you don't know so.

go and re-check the meaning of 'promiscuous', then come back to lemme know if it is used for a particular gender.
Re: Can A Guy Be Called Cheap? by Xfactor2(f): 9:53pm On Mar 18, 2011
Oh yes definately. Especially if you wouldn't have given him the time of day had he not asked. He should definately volunteer to pay although I would insist on paying for my share should we not know each other well. If I invite him out next time and expect him to pay then I'm cheap, if he ends up paying as some insist, I'd get him a thank you something of equal sentiment e.g a cd, a bottle of nice wine, nothing too personal.

Oh G, dating is so complicated - thank God I'm through with it all.
Re: Can A Guy Be Called Cheap? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 18, 2011
@inkie. I mean in d sense a man can mk himslf too availabl, lose value and then bcm cheap. In any sense, can a man mk himslf too available in a rltnshp.
I kinda undstnd wat evryone's sayin, but am afraid it's nt wat i meant
Re: Can A Guy Be Called Cheap? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 18, 2011
BABE!:

LoL, U funny! I still KNOW any man date that does that is cheap!

How does expecting someone to invite you to someplace make u cheap? (I dont really expect an answer for that, Its kind of a Rhetorical question) smiley

it makes you cheap when you´re hungry but can even talk of dinner because you will have to pay for your own share of the meal and therefore would rather patiently (and painfully) wait for the guy to propose dinner. i guess if he doesnt, its soaked garri night then?!
Re: Can A Guy Be Called Cheap? by InkedNerd(f): 1:34am On Mar 19, 2011
sauer:

@inkie. I mean in d sense a man can mk himslf too availabl, lose value and then bcm cheap. In any sense, can a man mk himslf too available in a rltnshp.
I kinda undstnd wat evryone's sayin, but am afraid it's nt wat i meant

Oooh, I see. I had a feeling what you were saying was being misconstrued. Well to answer your question, the answer is yes a man can be called cheap.
Re: Can A Guy Be Called Cheap? by CrudeOil2(m): 1:39am On Mar 19, 2011
No human being should be called cheap. Thats demeaning to the human race.
Re: Can A Guy Be Called Cheap? by chic2pimp(m): 1:49am On Mar 19, 2011
If me asking a girl to pay for the meal so regularly orders with her sweet mouth means that I am considered cheap, then so be it. After all I am neither her Father nor her Grandfather.
Re: Can A Guy Be Called Cheap? by BABE3: 6:42am On Mar 19, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

it makes you cheap when you´re hungry but can even talk of dinner because you will have to pay for your own share of the meal and therefore would rather patiently (and painfully) wait for the guy to propose dinner. i guess if he doesnt, its soaked garri night then?!

I said it was rhetorical question but you still had to reply sha?! MRBrown, first of all, the money is not the problem, I can pay for my own sh1t, but I just EXPECT you to pay! Simple! Like seriously, why would you invite a girl out or (vice versa), and expect her to pay a common $40 bill for food, or split the bill? You the man dawg! What happened to Men's Swag! Chai! Anyways, if I know his condition very well, (that hes not so financially endowed) then ill understand. BUT(lol), If you drove me to that restaurant in a CL Class Mercedes Benz, and you expect me to pay, then you are psycho.(not you o smiley--- the cheap the man).

Honestly, If he asks me to pay or just totally ignores the bill, ILL PAY, No wahala (i wont even say anything), But ill just keep in mind that theres something wrong with him.

PS: this is not what the thread is about, so can we squash this grin?!
Re: Can A Guy Be Called Cheap? by InkedNerd(f): 7:08am On Mar 19, 2011
@EVERYONE: Some of you seem to have misinterpreted what the OP was trying to say undecided

Crude Oil:

No human being should be called cheap. Thats demeaning to the human race.

Hmmm, thank you for pointing this out. This is definitely food for thought for me.

BABE!:

I said it was rhetorical question but you still had to reply sha?! MRBrown, first of all, the money is not the problem, I can pay for my own sh1t, but I just EXPECT you to pay! Simple! Like seriously, why would you invite a girl out or (vice versa), and expect her to pay a common $40 bill for food, or split the bill? You the man dawg! What happened to Men's Swag! Chai! Anyways, if I know his condition very well, (that hes not so financially endowed) then ill understand. BUT(lol), If you drove me to that restaurant in a CL Class Mercedes Benz, and you expect me to pay, then you are psycho.(not you o smiley--- the cheap the man).

Honestly, If he asks me to pay or just totally ignores the bill, ILL PAY, No wahala (i wont even say anything), But ill just keep in mind that theres something wrong with him.

PS: this is not what the thread is about, so can we squash this grin?!

I know this wasn't what the thread is about but the person who does the inviting is the person who should pay, whether its the girl that invites the guy or the guy that invites the girl. It seems wrong for the person who did the inviting to expect the invitee to pay, after all they were the one who extended the invitation, not the invitee.

By the way, I was agreeing with the red bolded part wink
Re: Can A Guy Be Called Cheap? by BABE3: 7:22am On Mar 19, 2011
Inkee Touche! We are still saying the same thing. If I invite him out, of course I am going to pay the bills(I can!). But, I would expect a normal man to say, or rather the conversation should go like this:

the guy: "oh honey(lol) never mind! I gat it!(american accent)". smiley
Me: Oh no, Its ok, I invited you smiley cheesy Remember?
the guy: C'mon, just let it go! wink
Me: No, its ok! I got this! smiley
the guy: Nah! Its aight! smiley, (then he signals the waiter, and he brings out his wallet or fanny pack(lol).
Me: What are u doing? I said I gat this!
the guy: What is wrong with you? smiley----------------------- (Its goes on and on till one of us actually pays, which is most likely me)

U sha get what I mean! smiley
Hope you enjoyed my PlayLet! wink
Re: Can A Guy Be Called Cheap? by InkedNerd(f): 7:32am On Mar 19, 2011
BABE!:

Inkee Touche! We are still saying the same thing. If I invite him out, of course I am going to pay the bills(I can!). But, I would expect a normal man to say, or rather the conversation should go like this:

the guy: "oh honey(lol) never mind! I gat it!(american accent)". smiley
Me: Oh no, Its ok, I invited you smiley cheesy Remember?
the guy: C'mon, just let it go! wink
Me: No, its ok! I got this! smiley
the guy: Nah! Its aight! smiley, (then he signals the waiter, and he brings out his wallet or fanny pack(lol).
Me: What are u doing? I said I gat this!
the guy: What is wrong with you? smiley----------------------- (Its goes on and on till one of us actually pays, which is most likely me)

U sha get what I mean! smiley
Hope you enjoyed my PlayLet! wink

looooooooool, you get time sha. I see what you saying though. Seriously though, your mini play cracked me up grin especially where you added the accent.
Re: Can A Guy Be Called Cheap? by BABE3: 7:38am On Mar 19, 2011
lol^^all these my NairaLand Paroles will be over by Sunday, when reality strikes!
Re: Can A Guy Be Called Cheap? by InkedNerd(f): 7:41am On Mar 19, 2011
BABE!:

lol^^all these my NairaLand Paroles will be over by Sunday, when reality strikes!

Eh ya, I guess we won't be seeing much of you after that? embarassed
Re: Can A Guy Be Called Cheap? by BABE3: 7:43am On Mar 19, 2011
^^^oh darling Inkee, u r gonna miss me arent you? wink Well probably on weekends!
Re: Can A Guy Be Called Cheap? by InkedNerd(f): 7:56am On Mar 19, 2011
BABE!:

^^^oh darling Inkee, u r gonna miss me arent you? wink Well probably on weekends!

Of course I'm gonna miss ya. You seem to be one of the most laid back people I've met on this site.

Weekends eh? Ok, I'll fill you in on all the weekday drama when you come grin
Re: Can A Guy Be Called Cheap? by Tosinville(m): 8:14am On Mar 19, 2011
Bhasuyor
Madam, being promiscuous its only use for the females so don't make it sounds as if its for both sexes.

@SA lady
I laugh when you're talkin about the man with class, wats D'banj then? if we're talking bout the Real men who don't play games in a relationship then thats different.
Re: Can A Guy Be Called Cheap? by BABE3: 9:34am On Mar 19, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Of course I'm gonna miss ya. You seem to be one of the most laid back people I've met on this site.

Weekends eh? Ok, I'll fill you in on all the weekday drama when you come grin

Eh ya, The feeling is mutual darling, kiss Ill be glad if u keep me updated!, grin
Re: Can A Guy Be Called Cheap? by annawhite(f): 12:26pm On Mar 19, 2011
Excuse me sir,how old r u?
Can I cal u the methuselah of nairaland? lipsrsealed undecided
Ur wisdom can't be compared angry angry
Re: Can A Guy Be Called Cheap? by Onchedu(m): 3:32pm On Mar 19, 2011
Yep! Lots of guys are cheap. They'll screw any girl that opens her legs. Now that's just Cheap!!!

If what is weak, submits to the weaker then who is really the weaker.

Any guy that won't say no to pleasures is selling out cheap.
Re: Can A Guy Be Called Cheap? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 19, 2011
^^^ then let me be the first to raise my hand and confess then: YES I AM WEAK, and proud to be. I will never turn down good toto (if I am single)
Re: Can A Guy Be Called Cheap? by Phate07(m): 4:39pm On Mar 19, 2011

@op,
Sure! undecided
Re: Can A Guy Be Called Cheap? by InkedNerd(f): 8:04am On Mar 20, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^^ then let me be the first to raise my hand and confess then: YES I AM WEAK, and proud to be. I will never turn down good toto (if I am single)

loooooooooool grin

BABE!:

Eh ya, The feeling is mutual darling, kiss Ill be glad if u keep me updated!, grin

No problem smiley
Re: Can A Guy Be Called Cheap? by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 20, 2011
According to Bro code.you can't turn down an offer,thats just being rude.unless you know she's not on a mission to spread something, then u can break d code

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Men So Afraid Of Married Women? / ---- / The Differences Between Lust, Like, Love, & Obsess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.