Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened (68045 Views)

EndSARS: Lekki Residents Donate Office Block To Police Station / Governor Yahaya Bello Confirms That Femi Fani-Kayode Has Joined APC / EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by elgramz: 12:16pm On Nov 18, 2020
joyandfaith:

who is helinues? is he a goat, stone , or cutlass? or is he man with mental problem? please who is he?
Heliniues is one of the many lunatic zombies we have roaming around nairaland.

1 Like

Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by SmartyPants(m): 12:17pm On Nov 18, 2020
wirinet:

So what is your point exactly?

Going off all available evidence, the army did not shoot anyone but there is a high chance that police did.
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 18, 2020
somehow:

They are currently investigating the event
when the result is made known, we shall know what is close to the truth.
for now, I won't take that of CNN because they are CNN

Hearsay is too much in that report.

Hopefully all those who lost their loved ones will make a report at the sitting.

Mention one hearsay in the report?
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by martineverest(m): 12:17pm On Nov 18, 2020
HandmadeD:
Why can't the government just apologies for their actions, so we can move on?

Anyway, I will Design a Professional Logo or Letterhead for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid today only
we can't move on easily when lives were lost o......they know the consequences of their actions.theu can't escape ICC

1 Like

Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by wirinet(m): 12:18pm On Nov 18, 2020
chrisj2:

Fake News can also include some truth... No one is now saying nothing happened at Lekki or the Army was not at Lekki and that there was no shooting at Lekki... But we need more evidence and facts - no grainy videos that does not even link together. If Soldiers were firing indiscriminately, how come there was very few stampede right in front of the soldiers and who will be so calm to be filming soldiers hooting real bullets anyhow...

Actually, CNN should also have acknowledge that flash bangs and blanks were fired - it is obvious because people are not falling down as the shooting was going on.

There were most likely live bullets involved but there were also blanks (they use them for training and are likely to have more than the ordinary Police (rather than riot police).

Just because CNN did not like Trump does not mean they will not defend their own country if they do unjust things to other countries. They embed themselves with aggressors and film a one-sided war and they will not do what they are doing to the Nigerian government if they were the ones killing innocents, blacks, browns in foreign lands. Enough is the bigging up of CNN!
Watch the report and stop making assumptions and conjures.

2 Likes

Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by marv1: 12:19pm On Nov 18, 2020
Thank God for CNN .
Shame on those that are saying it didn't not happen .
Shame Dispotic General Buhari
Shame on Brutai.
Shame on Sanwo Olu
They never thought technology has its own way of reveling secrets.
It's now clear that this government is a government of oppression and terror.
We are waiting to vote them out come 2023
God will reward all these callous evil rulers 10 folds of the evil they have committed.

2 Likes

Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by GEEBITE: 12:19pm On Nov 18, 2020
I just watched the video online now,while it contains
footage we gave seen earlier,there are some new and revealing angles to it. Like the satellite images showing the soldiers driving out of Bonny camp,getting out of their trucks and shooting immediately.

The army can never be trusted again because they first denied,even the AG was saying something like hoodlums wearing army uniform. I have a serving general in my family and I can glean from my discussion with him something really fishy went down that night. Time will reveal.
Okoroawusa:

You will live long. They also culled some reports from the local media and garnished them to look like it's their exclusive report.

I went through this report with a fine brush and I am sorry to say that CNN could have done better.
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by somehow: 12:19pm On Nov 18, 2020
maynia:

Mention one hearsay in the report?

Go and read it again
"sources"
"first name" without last name.

Or you do not know these are heresay?
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by damosky12(m): 12:19pm On Nov 18, 2020
Kyase:

I choose to believe my government over organization I don't know who's bankrolling......

Are you educated at all? You don't "believe" your government in a democracy. You quiz and probe them. You consider the investigations of local and international press.

Any government can go overboard. It is the job of the people and the press to put them right.
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by helinues: 12:20pm On Nov 18, 2020
elgramz:

Heliniues is one of the many lunatic zombies we have roaming around nairaland.

Mynd44
Lalasticlacla
Seun
Dominique
OAMJ4

Rule 2

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 18, 2020
somehow:

Go and read it again
"sources"
"first name" without last name.

Or you do not know these are heresay?

Didn't they interview the family member?
https://twitter.com/DannyWalta/status/1328984672022519808?s=19

You know what investigative journalism means?
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by wirinet(m): 12:20pm On Nov 18, 2020
SmartyPants:

Going off all available evidence, the army did not shoot anyone but there is a high chance that police did.

Then you did not watch the CNN report this morning. Maybe you use startimes and not DSTV. Go to CNN site to watch the full report of how they traced the bullets recovered to the Nigerian army and even videos of soldiers shooting straight at protesters.

1 Like

Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by jikins(m): 12:20pm On Nov 18, 2020
Kyase:

Read complete news next time...
The army said they shoot in the air and use blank bullet to disperse the crowd

Where did you put your sense of human decency? You watched the video and saw several gunshots wounds. Even when The Lagos Governor visited hospitals immediately after the incident, he confirmed people where shot, but that no one had died and the government will cover the bills. On DJ Switch live Instagram stream we saw the shells they used. We saw how they try to remove the bullet from a man's legs. But no all this aren't enough to convince you.

But contradictory statements from the army is what you believe. Same people that denial they were ever there calling the pictures and videos photoshoped. Later they admitted to being there but on orders of the Lagos Government. Now they claim to use blank bullets. These level of inconsistency is what you believe?

But videos, eye witness reports, Instagram live stream, the governor going to hospital and seeing gunshots victims in massive numbers admitted people were shot. None of this does anything to you? I ask again where did you leave your sense of human decency.

1 Like

Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by tsmith(f): 12:21pm On Nov 18, 2020
CodeTemplar:
. . .

At first they came for the Igbos and Christians in the north during BH infancy but I kept quite because I wasn't one of them, then they came for the innocent corpers during 2011 elections and I kept quite again, they went for the shiites sect and I also kept mum, now they are coming for the group I belong and there is no one to speak for me.

We need a violent revolution that will be anchored on a village by village basis. You enter your village, identify agbada mafiosos who have ruined the society and give them one on one revolution. No guns or broken bottles, just some sugar cane sticks and some fists.

You've quoted/paraphrased one of my favourite rpeoms about consequences of staying silence in the face of oppression.

I also agree with you that a revolution is inevitable and neccesary before we can have any good governance in Nigeria. Many disagreed with me and feel the can preserve all their niceties and comforts, especially with aftermaths of endsars and the looting. I argued everyone must especially the middle class that have stayed silent for too long must bear the brunt
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by omenka(m): 12:21pm On Nov 18, 2020
Bambambiglo:

Please don't embarrass Benue people this faithful day abeg
Please quit embarrassing whosoever paid your tuition through school. It is FATEFUL, not faithful.

Smh.
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by IJEYdiamond(f): 12:21pm On Nov 18, 2020
I was weak after watching the news.. i am very strong in Jesus name..

Ahhhhhhhh! Nigeria....... God have mercy oooooo...

Hmmmmm... For those that carried out that.. will i call it massacre on the protesters.. Nigeria Army especially and the alleged police.. e no go better for una...ooo.. e no go better for una ooo

The lies you told to the public and the world.... E no go better for una oooo.. Lagos State government for knowing the truth and keeping mute.
E no go better for Una... oooo.

Bubu's government ur regime has had more blood shed and destruction in every corners of Nigeria... E no go better for una ooooo.

Justice will surly reach your doorsteps All of una will not escape it .... Una no go escape am oooo..

Justice will be served on you all....

Judgement on Earth and The Almighty himself it will be the final and the final..

E no go better for una ooooooooooooo!!!!.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by superlightning: 12:21pm On Nov 18, 2020
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by somehow: 12:22pm On Nov 18, 2020
maynia:

Didn't they interview the family member?
https://twitter.com/DannyWalta/status/1328984672022519808?s=19

You know what investigative journalism means?

They interviewed how many people's relatives?
A massacre often consist of alot of people, so they have to interview tens of people to be seen as a massacre.

like i said, i will wait for the report and i am not ready to believe cnn just because they are cnn
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by Bonavi: 12:23pm On Nov 18, 2020
HandmadeD:
Why can't the government just apologies for their actions, so we can move on?

Anyway, I will Design a Professional Logo or Letterhead for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid today only
just apologise because u arent affected. Kanu has said it, black people are evil
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 18, 2020
somehow:

like i said, i will wait for the report and i am not ready to believe cnn just because they are cnn

I also hope you don't believe the fg and the army.
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by WizzyVine: 12:24pm On Nov 18, 2020
amc:

Nothing here is factual. It is all based on eyewitness reports and from people claiming to be family members of missing people. We all remember the lady in London who claimed to be the mother of Anthony Chukwu. She claimed he died at the Lekki Toll Gate when in fact he died in a bike accident. and she wasn't even his mother.

Hopefully, the report will make its way to the panel as part of evidence gathering.

Stop talking rubbish and watch the video.

If the massacre really happened, and you're deliberately denying it, may you and your entire generation never grow old.

And if your assertion is true, may your life be spared in the days of trouble.

Make your choice.
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by Crispels(m): 12:24pm On Nov 18, 2020
Kyase:
I watched it...
But it was the same video we've seen over this period...

But sha, me I dey wait to see those, "CNN is fake news" crew to come masturbate here grin

They had so many exclusive components. Like interviewing families of victims, analysis the bullets and stuff like that.
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by holicupp(m): 12:25pm On Nov 18, 2020
animal kingdom @nigeria
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by DeeMain(m): 12:25pm On Nov 18, 2020
SmartyPants:

1. DJ Switch said they were shot at directly
2. Dj Switch said the soldier said they were ordered to do so - ostensibly, to kill of course
3. Yet you say in between rounds of shooting at people to kill them, they suddenly became so docile as to allow these people to approach them, and even have a nice amicable chat. And the people who were being shot at, instead of running away in fear for their lives, were so bold as to carry dead bodies and drop at the feet of the soldiers.
4. This same DJ Switch who recorded the famous live stream, couldn't capture any video of a dead body...despite claiming to have carried bodies herself

Are you using your own head?

5. So maybe the actions of the police are being conflated with those of the army?

Use a dictionary if you don't know what conflate means.

Of course, they shot some bullets upwards and some directly. If they shot directly all the time then the number of the dead will be in the thousands. Why would you have injured people all over the hospitals in Lekki that night and the next morning if they didn't shoot directly.

Do not respond to me again please. I do not suffer willing fools gladly.

2 Likes

Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by somehow: 12:25pm On Nov 18, 2020
maynia:

I also hope you don't believe the fg and the army.

Why will I believe any Govt of the world?

1 Like

Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by chrisj2(m): 12:26pm On Nov 18, 2020
somehow:
Me sha no believe CNN's own

people died sha

I cant believe CNN after the case of Iraq, yemen, and Libya

Thank you! I just posted something similar. Nigerian better be careful of what they are wishing for? We dont need foreign intervention from people that want to take us back as slaves - at least economic slaves... 70 odd million people still voted for Trump. Obama prosecuted so many wars and they do not keep tabs on body counts if you are foreign and from Africa.

And yes, CNN can also do hal;f-truths - they all do. I see them track the soldiers, they showed bullet casing and it was Serbian from 2005... They showed the same grainy video that is not exclusive and they think shots were fired at protesters - perhaps some useless soldiers fired bullets into the ground and that from above - how are we sure it is not blank. Lots of conjecture but not facts - we do not need CNN!

1 Like

Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by elgramz: 12:29pm On Nov 18, 2020
Sammy329, thatfairguy1 and other lunatic zombies, for supporting this evil, it shall never be well with you. You are cursed and you will never see good things in your lives, it will be from one tale of sorrow to another until you all die miserable deaths.

1 Like

Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by SmartyPants(m): 12:30pm On Nov 18, 2020
DeeMain:

Of course, they shot some bullets upwards and some directly. If they shot directly all the time then the numbers of the dead will be in the thousands. Why would you have injured people all over the hospitals in Lekki that night and the next morning if they didn't shoot directly.

Do not respond to me again please. I do not suffer willing fools gladly.

You would do well to remember that you quoted me. I have no interest in you.
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 18, 2020
somehow:

Why will I believe any Govt of the world?

Both the army and fg are shameless liars especially the army
From saying they weren't there at all that it was hoodlums to saying they only shot blank bullets.

See how the lie long

1 Like

Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by jikins(m): 12:31pm On Nov 18, 2020
chrisj2:

Thank you! I just posted something similar. Nigerian better be careful of what they are wishing for? We dont need foreign intervention from people that want to take us back as slaves - at least economic slaves... 70 odd million people still voted for Trump. Obama prosecuted so many wars and they do not keep tabs on body counts if you are foreign and from Africa.

And yes, CNN can also do hal;f-truths - they all do. I see them track the soldiers, they showed bullet casing and it was Serbian from 2005... They showed the same grainy video that is not exclusive and they think shots were fired at protesters - perhaps some useless soldiers fired bullets into the ground and that from above - how are we sure it is not blank. Lots of conjecture but not facts - we do not need CNN!

Simple question what facts have the Nigerian military given to you that you believe them so much?
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by chrisj2(m): 12:31pm On Nov 18, 2020
How many people in hospital with gun shot wounds. Injury and Body counts also included folks not even associated with Lekki protest. There were other agents at work - perhaps they have already been embedded with protesters and there were hoodlums and there will have been a stampede especially from folks in the middle and back that could not tell whether the bullets are real or not. Blanks and flash bangs were definitely fired - and that is why people at the front immediately disperse...

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply)

Deposed Emir Sanusi On Exile In Loko, Nasarawa Village / Why Fayose Is Not Among Governors Visiting Buhari - Presidency / Saraki Releases Press Statement On Kwara Bye Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.