Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened (68054 Views)

EndSARS: Lekki Residents Donate Office Block To Police Station / Governor Yahaya Bello Confirms That Femi Fani-Kayode Has Joined APC / EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 18, 2020
DeeMain:

Of course, they shot some bullets upwards and some directly. If they shot directly all the time then the numbers of the dead will be in the thousands. Why would you have injured people all over the hospitals in Lekki that night and the next morning if they didn't shoot directly.

Do not respond to me again please. I do not suffer willing fools gladly.

But verified video proved they shot directly into the protesters
Or how did people die then?

https://twitter.com/DannyWalta/status/1328984672022519808?s=19
At this point if you don't know that people die, you are surely working for the government.
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by leisuretym: 12:32pm On Nov 18, 2020
IJOBA2:
THIS CLAIM IS BEING DISPUTED BY HELINUES

That one is chopping money from the system
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by SmartyPants(m): 12:33pm On Nov 18, 2020
wirinet:

Then you did not watch the CNN report this morning. Maybe you use startimes and not DSTV. Go to CNN site to watch the full report of how they traced the bullets recovered to the Nigerian army and even videos of soldiers shooting straight at protesters.

you're going round in a circle.

If the soldiers shot at them, then the intention was to kill. If the intention was to kill, then why did they pause to engage in conversation, and then resume killin later?

Does this make sense?
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by Guestlander: 12:33pm On Nov 18, 2020
chrisj2:

Thank you! I just posted something similar. Nigerian better be careful of what they are wishing for? We dont need foreign intervention from people that want to take us back as slaves - at least economic slaves... 70 odd million people still voted for Trump. Obama prosecuted so many wars and they do not keep tabs on body counts if you are foreign and from Africa.

And yes, CNN can also do hal;f-truths - they all do. I see them track the soldiers, they showed bullet casing and it was Serbian from 2005... They showed the same grainy video that is not exclusive and they think shots were fired at protesters - perhaps some useless soldiers fired bullets into the ground and that from above - how are we sure it is not blank. Lots of conjecture but not facts - we do not need CNN!

Why would the army go there in the first place when the protesters were there singing and waving flags? Does that constitute a threat to anyone?
Why would the army go there to shoot blanks?
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by chronique(m): 12:34pm On Nov 18, 2020
Some goats will still come and tell you it's a lie and the massacre never happened. Cursed souls.
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by chrisj2(m): 12:35pm On Nov 18, 2020
jikins:

Simple question what facts have the Nigerian military given to you that you believe them so much?

I dont need the facts from the military... The evidence from Switch is enough and even the two videos showed that bullets were not discriminately fored into protesters> It is obvious! The army is not the problem here - we should shift our focus to the protest and mourn the dead and hail them as martyrs, But there was no Massacre - some many days after incident, we are still talking about maybe 7 and some missing people

Army said they fired blanks - I believe that they fired some blanks and CNN did not even say they did not... The MASSACRE conspiracists are the ones that have to prove there was one - that is what happens in court!

We have bad governance and that is the real issue - not Lekki!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by Foolishbuhari: 12:36pm On Nov 18, 2020
Kyase:

The videos CNN showed was what we have already seen weeks ago, nothing new..
They just assembled the videos and then turn it into news...
The only thing they added was that bullet shell, from 2005 from serbia or so...

Y'all were doubting the videos na abi? So they showed you irrefutable proof the videos are genuine then included satellite imagining to map out certain parts of it. So who's the joke on now?
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by King44(m): 12:36pm On Nov 18, 2020
uptimum123:

Buried in your family house abi
your are such an heartless idiot whose soul would wreck in hell.

I wish it happens to you or one of your close family members.

If you have no sympathy for the dead, their families and the hidden corpses you should have at least kept your flies infested mouth shut.

This could have happened to you or anyone.
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by GoldHorse(m): 12:37pm On Nov 18, 2020
Who be CNN?
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by lastempero: 12:37pm On Nov 18, 2020
CodeTemplar:
. . .

At first they came for the Igbos and Christians in the north during BH infancy but I kept quite because I wasn't one of them, then they came for the innocent corpers during 2011 elections and I kept quite again, they went for the shiites sect and I also kept mum, now they are coming for the group I belong and there is no one to speak for me.

We need a violent revolution that will be anchored on a village by village basis. You enter your village, identify agbada mafiosos who have ruined the society and give them one on one revolution. No guns or broken bottles, just some sugar cane sticks and some fists.

Na the surest revolution i swear, i have always canvassed for that. Even ipob n my brother kanu that feels they are smart should start with that. But na to cause commotion be his own.
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by Kezifils(m): 12:39pm On Nov 18, 2020
IJOBA2:

He is joined by Miracle2020 and uptimum123
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by chrisj2(m): 12:42pm On Nov 18, 2020
Guestlander:

Why would the army go there in the first place when the protesters were there singing and waving flags? Does that constitute a threat to anyone?
Why would the army go there to shoot blanks?

You should have listened to the submission from the army guy at the panel. The organisers of the |Protest themselves knows that things were getting out of hand... The original protest was going to be dealt with (?). They now moved on to bad governance - not ideal! Some protesters might just be singing and waving flags but others were destroying things and causing havoc for other folks in Lagos especially, Police men were being killed, organised criminals and thugs were using the protest as cover... Etc etc

The most important reason why the army were called is because the original protest was against the Police so they cannot call the Police and after imposing a curfew, people still went out days before and beyond curfew time. No country in the world will allow protesters to destroy things and other people's livelihood.

Stopp telling us that all protesters are University graduates just singing and asking for whatever - it was a heady mix of people and even nice people do bad things when in bad company and when emotions carry them too far
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by haffaze777(m): 12:44pm On Nov 18, 2020
[color=#990000][/color] ;
helinues:

The confusion of those people is like peak milk...
grin
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by Foolishbuhari: 12:45pm On Nov 18, 2020
DaBullIT:

Anyone ever called CNN fake news other than Trump?

Nigerians at least the sane ones believe investigations and reports from CNN because it's factual. If anyone ever doubted CNN it's because Nigerian media or the elites pushed out a narrative to rubbish the report

Leave that one na fool!
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by Bizibi(m): 12:46pm On Nov 18, 2020
Splitmind:

Of course, the army is always correct on this issue, just look at how open and honest they have been since the incident.
the person you replied is an idiot....they are many on this forum.

1 Like

Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by emilo2bad: 12:47pm On Nov 18, 2020
Ajide1993:
The CNN investigation have laid to rest every contentious issue about the massacre of #ENDSARS protesters at Lekki. Anybody who tries to drive a narrative that our heroes weren't shot dead by the leprous govt. We must never forget
So you suddenly believe CNN this is a sponsor report
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:48pm On Nov 18, 2020
omenka:
They suddenly believe CNN!!

Is God not wonderful!
You're concerned about Nigerians who are pro-Trump and anti-Buhari believing CNN?
You should be more concerned about the implication of this report for the Nigerian govt come Jan 17 2021.
The CNN is the official mouthpiece of the democrats and this report is going to be the gospel for them.
You can be assured serious questions will be asked of this administration by that date.
Those fighter jets may be affected coupled with Nigeria's standing with the West generally.
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by Guestlander: 12:49pm On Nov 18, 2020
chrisj2:

You should have listened to the submission from the army guy at the panel. The organisers of the |Protest themselves knows that things were getting out of hand... The original protest was going to be dealt with (?). They now moved on to bad governance - not ideal! Some protesters might just be singing and waving flags but others were destroying things and causing havoc for other folks in Lagos especially, Police men were being killed, organised criminals and thugs were using the protest as cover... Etc etc

The most important reason why the army were called is because the original protest was against the Police so they cannot call the Police and after imposing a curfew, people still went out days before and beyond curfew time. No country in the world will allow protesters to destroy things and other people's livelihood.

Stopp telling us that all protesters are University graduates just singing and asking for whatever - it was a heady mix of people and even nice people do bad things when in bad company and when emotions carry them too far

The protesters were peaceful until the army decided to shoot at them. Some prominent Nigerians even warned the government not to resort to violence but they still went ahead and shot at the protesters.
The army lost credibility by first denying ever being there then followed by telling different lies which were promptly debunked.
Let us even agree for the sake of an argument that some of the protesters were unruly is that a justification for the army to go there and randomly kill people?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by jikins(m): 12:50pm On Nov 18, 2020
chrisj2:

I dont need the facts from the military... The evidence from Switch is enough and even the two videos showed that bullets were not discriminately fored into protesters> It is obvious! The army is not the problem here - we should shift our focus to the protest and mourn the dead and hail them as martyrs, But there was no Massacre - some many days after incident, we are still talking about maybe 7 and some missing people

Army said they fired blanks - I believe that they fired some blanks and CNN did not even say they did not... The MASSACRE conspiracists are the ones that have to prove there was one - that is what happens in court!

Lol you don't need the facts from the military very interesting and yet you are defending them so strongly.

I must point out that you have no right to tell anyone to shift their focus anywhere when you can't even give clear cut facts as to why we should believe the army? Give us facts not hearsay or your very biased opinion on events.

How can someone who is vehemently against a school of thought not look at it from both sides? Isn't that clear bias?

CNN did not say the army did not use blank. Hmm your bias is now even sipping into how you comprehend information. Maybe the video version of this report will do you some good. Go to twitter, the video report is there and CNN clearly implied the Army lied about using blanks.

Mourn the dead? I thought you said no one died that only blanks were used?

This is not a law court, this is a fact based discussion as per your initial post calling for facts from cnn even when they showed you so many. But its fine if your bias won't let you see any. All I want is for you to do the same. Show me facts that the army are telling truth! Don't shift post.
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by Joshbull: 12:50pm On Nov 18, 2020
So.. there are actually people who think the Lekki massacre never happened ? This set of people are the daft people of Nigeria who have never reasoned beyond the Narrative the Nigerian government paints to them. Most of these set of people, since their birth, there is nothing the Nigerian government had said it would do and it actually did it right. The same government that has killed Boko haram’s Shekarau 5 times and counting, the same government that his palliatives and still fight the people over it after it had been discovered, the same government that steals the peoples common wealth with reckless abandon is the same government you will believe over eye witnesses and victims. Believe the Nigerian government at your own peril. Other countries and its citizens aren’t as stupid as ours are, they investigate and bring the truth into line light.

1 Like

Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by wirinet(m): 12:51pm On Nov 18, 2020
chrisj2:

You saw all these at the Lekki toll gate before the shootings? There was looting and riots in Oshodi, the army did not come with live bullets to shoot people. Surulere was a war zone with looters looting every shop in Bode Thomas, army was not called in. It was in Lekki toll gate where youths were having a carnival waving Nigerian flags that the army were called to massacre people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:52pm On Nov 18, 2020
DaBullIT:

Anyone ever called CNN fake news other than Trump?

Nigerians at least the sane ones believe investigations and reports from CNN because it's factual. If anyone ever doubted CNN it's because Nigerian media or the elites pushed out a narrative to rubbish the report

Dude let's talk the truth. CNN is a left wing propaganda channel. They have a way of making news look different from what it seems.
I'm not saying they are lying or not in the case but the implication for Nigeria goes beyond that.
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by Bizibi(m): 12:52pm On Nov 18, 2020
Beverlyjean:

U are not telling the truth...dint u watch the part where the soldiers were directly shooting at protesters?? I saw that part, its different from the one that they were shooting in the air
it seems some of you don't know buharists on this forum,they don't have brains at all....it is just light bulbs in their light weight skull.

2 Likes

Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by Bizibi(m): 12:54pm On Nov 18, 2020
Joshbull:
So.. there are actually people who think the Lekki massacre never happened ? This set of people are the daft people of Nigeria who have never reasoned beyond the Narrative the Nigerian government paints to them. Most of these set of people, since their birth, there is nothing the Nigerian government had said it would do and it actually did it right. The same government that has killed Boko haram’s Shekarau 5 times and counting, the same government that his palliatives and still fight the people over it after it had been discovered, the same government that steals the peoples common wealth with reckless abandon is the same government you will believe over eye witnesses and victims. Believe the Nigerian government at your own peril. Other countries and its citizens aren’t as stupid as ours are, they investigate and bring the truth into line light.
those who don't believe it are blind,stupid supporters that don't think at all.
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by martineverest(m): 12:54pm On Nov 18, 2020
9ijaprince:
You can not cover truth forever, its always glaring. soon Aljazeera will release their investigations.
BBC own still dey come o

1 Like

Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by somehow: 12:55pm On Nov 18, 2020
maynia:

Both the army and fg are shameless liars especially the army
From saying they weren't there at all that it was hoodlums to saying they only shot blank bullets.

See how the lie long

I am waiting eagerly for the reports
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by Joshbull: 12:57pm On Nov 18, 2020
chrisj2:

Unfortunately, this is one of the people that will always fall victim of Nigerian government by choice. Some fall victim but don’t have any choice but some just choose not to reason. I’ll point out just one thing which has been ongoing for years till date. This same Nigerian Military that has killed Shekarau 5 times and counting and would probably kill him 5 more times is the same Military you chose it’s side over victims. Try to start thinking beyond what you’re told, it will go a long way.
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by Spray(m): 1:04pm On Nov 18, 2020
Kyase:
I watched it...
But it was the same video we've seen over this period...

But sha, me I dey wait to see those, "CNN is fake news" crew to come masturbate here grin
those guys were able to analysed the armoury used, how it was bought from Serbia, from 2005 to 2016. so the video is different from your everyday video
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 1:08pm On Nov 18, 2020
IJOBA2:
that one na human being ? He’s a hopeless entity cool
Re: CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened by faithfull18(f): 1:17pm On Nov 18, 2020
HandmadeD:
Why can't the government just apologies for their actions, so we can move on?

Anyway, I will Design a Professional Logo or Letterhead for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid today only
Does apologies bring back the dead?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply)

Osun Rerun: Fayemi Leads APC Chieftains To Omisore’s Residence. Photo / Pro-Biafran Protest Turns Bloody In Aba (Graphic Photos) / Photos Of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her Husband, Ikemba (Then Vs Now)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.