Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

How Can One Fight Against The Fear Of Being Disappointed Again? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can One Fight Against The Fear Of Being Disappointed Again? (1311 Views)

The Day I Started Having The Fear Of Women / He's Disappointed In Me! / Fear Of Being Disvirgined (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Fight Against The Fear Of Being Disappointed Again? by Phate07(m): 12:29pm On Mar 18, 2011

How can one fight against the fear of being disappointed again?

This fear tends to hold back positive progress and self expression.
Re: How Can One Fight Against The Fear Of Being Disappointed Again? by Phate07(m): 12:31pm On Mar 18, 2011

Be positive. Draw strength from within yourself and find motivation from the experience of others. Its said that whatever that doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, so don't see past disappointments as negative failure, but as positive experience to a stronger, more confident you.

Even our childhood stories taught us that to meet your Prince/Princess you must kiss a couple of frogs. So its OK to get disappointed here and there, its how you get to the one who is truly yours!
Re: How Can One Fight Against The Fear Of Being Disappointed Again? by Pennywise(m): 12:34pm On Mar 18, 2011
Phate07:

You can leave your past behind and move on with the world or you can wait for the world to slow down in order for you to heal.
Re: How Can One Fight Against The Fear Of Being Disappointed Again? by Phate07(m): 12:44pm On Mar 18, 2011

^^ Niceone, but what if the world refuses to slow down and you get left behind?
Re: How Can One Fight Against The Fear Of Being Disappointed Again? by alagha: 1:07pm On Mar 18, 2011
trust in GOD.
Re: How Can One Fight Against The Fear Of Being Disappointed Again? by Pennywise(m): 2:52pm On Mar 18, 2011
Phate07:

No no. The world will have to wait for you. It usually does when somebody is seriously hurt
Re: How Can One Fight Against The Fear Of Being Disappointed Again? by 25omega(m): 2:56pm On Mar 18, 2011
Phate07:

This world is full of uncertainty which is why no matter how much disappointment you encounter you have to dust your self off and keep putting yourself out there. I mean how can you achieve anything if you never take a chance?
Phate07:

You will have to make the world move at your own pace and instead of being left behind, people will walk with you.
Re: How Can One Fight Against The Fear Of Being Disappointed Again? by Phate07(m): 10:26am On Mar 27, 2011
Re: How Can One Fight Against The Fear Of Being Disappointed Again? by Onchedu(m): 10:51am On Mar 27, 2011
Have faith. The most effective way to counter fear is to have faith. Now, that will require some commitment on Ur part cos faith doesn't just happen.

Faith is not a feeling & if it were it would be a lot more than an empty positive feeling with no substance.

Faith is also not the hope that everything will be fine so U can sit down & wait for them to be fine.

Anyway all things work together for the good of those who love God so if U love God U should know even 'disaapointments' will turn out bearing good fruits to U.

All this deep talk sef, Just renew Ur mind.
Re: How Can One Fight Against The Fear Of Being Disappointed Again? by Onchedu(m): 10:58am On Mar 27, 2011
Erm, the princess that kissed the frog turned prince was not going around kissing frogs. She met a frog that became her friend, she loved him & one day kissed him & he became a prince.

Bell (Beauty) was not going around kissing beasts, she met a beast, befriended him, got to know him, loved him, fell in love & kissed him & he became transformed.

The moral in the childhood fairy tales was not to go around kissing frogs or beasts hoping to find a prince or princess. That's just being a reckless gambler or an immoral person; or like the step brother in the Nigerian 'winchy tale' &''The Drummer Boy&'' that went to the evil forest to get a drum that wasn't his because his brother had one that brought his mum wealth and, Bla bla bla,

U should know the story.
Re: How Can One Fight Against The Fear Of Being Disappointed Again? by iice(f): 3:57pm On Mar 28, 2011
I tend to just expect the worse which happens like 98% of the time with humans.
So i'm pleasantly surprised when something i expect didn't happen. . .means that the whole of humanity hasn't gone to the dogs.
Also i always say, you get what you ask for.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Interpret This Statement Which A Girl Told Me / What Have Kept You In Love? (how Do You Stay In Love?) / Ghost Spouses- How Real Are They?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.