Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,329 members, 7,826,304 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari (23988 Views)

Rivers Assembly Is Non-existent to Me, Peace Accord not binding - Fubara / Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East / 2023: Why The North Wants Amaechi To Replace Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by PHijo(m): 7:49am On Nov 19, 2020
Can the Igbo vote themselves in? This is not the way to go about it. Even if they get the Niger Delta's votes, what about the South West and North Central?

You will need overwhelming turnout in the four zones except the North West and North East to get an Igbo elected president.

1 Like

Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by bluecircle470: 7:49am On Nov 19, 2020
Coldie:
If u think an Igbo man should not replace Buhari look at this pic.

A meeting of past leaders was held concerning Nigeria in general and the entire SE had no representative.

Nigerians judge for yourself is it right?

Jonathan don represent una

2 Likes

Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by Onepeople: 7:49am On Nov 19, 2020
Moferere:
Lol, Enyinnaya!

You & Ikpeazu should first go & develop Abia before thinking of building Nigeria.
just as Buhari developed kastina before ruling you for 10years, joker's should be in comedy section.
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by Coldie(m): 7:50am On Nov 19, 2020
Navalsadiq:
when you guys change your mind set and stop instigating hate and violence then u can have a chance
I have never instigated hate on anybody I am a detribalized Nigeria I am more detribalized than even Northerner's who say they love Nigeria.

That's y if u go tru my past posts if I didn't declare that am from the east in this thread you will think am from the north.

We have tried to convince the people causing this problem it hasn't worked, prove these people wrong by giving us who refused to be swayed into the biafran struggle a chance to rule.

SE presidency can change alot. You and I know Igbo's don't have the population to decide how things run in Nigeria its so obvious that if we mess up in our first term we would not get reelected.

Unlike some people from regions where whether they mess up or north population from their region is enough to keep them in aso rock for as much as they want

1 Like

Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 7:50am On Nov 19, 2020
PopeToyeeb:
I understand Abaribe's position from the point of equity but he could have passed his message without making threats. You don't threaten people to zone you slots in a civilised society, you give them reasons why.

Unfortunately, Nigeria is never civilized as other tribes have sworn that such indices can't happen in Nigeria thus his speech appearing like a threat......

A sane civilised country headed by a sane President can't see a section of the country as 5% but gains heavily per capital from such section
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by Coldie(m): 7:51am On Nov 19, 2020
bluecircle470:

Na una want use una mouth attache by force SS/SE. Na una o not us
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by johnhood(m): 7:54am On Nov 19, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr Isoright..... This is what am talking....fight for presidency like real niggarrrrs with balls
Not that dead biafra agitation...
Biafra is a dream and goal that can never be realized and actualized
Akpa amụ
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by PHijo(m): 7:54am On Nov 19, 2020
Coldie:

Did they tell u all Igbo's want Biafra?

If u are using this as an excuse that some Igbo's want Biafra so for that we should not be allowed to rule, u are proving ipob right and shaming Igbo's like me who hv pledged our 100% allegiance to Nigeria.

Some yorubas said they want odua republic that didn't stop them from ruling Nigeria

Ss people say they want Niger Delta that didn't still stop them from ruling Nigeria.

Every region at one point wanted out but that didn't still stop them from ruling Nigeria.

But to you since the SE said they want out they must not rule Nigeria.

We didn't say we want Niger Delta! None of the major militant groups have called for separation. People place division as a condition if all other options fail. That's the difference.

Nonetheless I agree with you, the demands for Biafra shouldn't be used as a yardstick to determine if an Igbo should be or shouldn't be president. If Nigeria was fair those demands won't be made.

2 Likes

Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 7:54am On Nov 19, 2020
bluecircle470:

If Igbos should one day say that they have had the Presidential seat with the person of Jonathan.......

It is your likes that will hurriedly remind them that Jonathan is from the South South .......

Don't be a hypocrite this morning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by Onepeople: 7:54am On Nov 19, 2020
jerseyboy:
Yehyeh talk. Igbos as great as they are as a people unfortunately lack negotiating power in Nigeria. No one really wants the Igbos. The reason the North is against Biafra is the fear of the others that will leave in the aftermath. The two major parties would not risk an Igbo flag bearer as they know no other nationality will vote for an Igbo. This is the unfortunate truth. Biafra is the only choice for any right thinking Igbo.

the two party can zone their ticket to the region, just as we did in previous elections, talking about love ,nobody loved Buhari until the west decided to support him.in Nigeria nobody love anybody .
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by ume1000: 7:56am On Nov 19, 2020
Coldie:

Aren't u displaying double standards here your comments was in quote

"What leadership skill does an average Igbo man have to rule Nigeria"

And u are saying u just want a good leader.

If u keep trying the same thing over and over again and the result is same why dont u try another strategy, by letting the one people who have never ruled try their luck.
you mean people like Orji kalu
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 7:58am On Nov 19, 2020
Onepeople:
just as Buhari developed kastina before ruling you for 10years, joker's should be in comedy section.

Food for thought.......
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by Sheriman(m): 7:59am On Nov 19, 2020
Igbos can't be president of this Country.. They should rather fight for Biafra untill they get it
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by fredoooooo: 7:59am On Nov 19, 2020
Yes in Biafra online land grin
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by Solatium(m): 8:00am On Nov 19, 2020
The news said Minority leader,
my question is how can minority takes over from majority banking on the zoning system?
Even in zoning position, majority will always dictates who gets what
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by johnhood(m): 8:00am On Nov 19, 2020
loveth360:
Who will vote for this Igbo president?

The few Igbo one Nigerianist?

The hateful yolobas that want the downfall of every Igbo man?

The Abokis that will rather vote for Shekua of boko haram than voting for a qualified Igbo man?

Who exactly?

Nne were ya ñwayọ. Ihe ikwuru bu eziokwu
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by Coldie(m): 8:01am On Nov 19, 2020
PHijo:

We didn't say we want Niger Delta! None of the major militant groups have called for separation. People place division as a condition if all other options fail. That's the difference.

Nonetheless I agree with you, the demands for Biafra shouldn't be used as a yardstick to determine if an Igbo should be or shouldn't be president. If Nigeria was fair those demands won't be made.
Think about it, Nigeria is going down despite how much we love and support Nigeria and Buharis administration Nigeria is really going down.

Yesterday I read that the country is broke that out of 1.64trillion naira revenue like over 1trillion is used to settle debts and Nigeria is still borrowing.

Think just a few days ago electric Cars were launched in Nigeria, its going viral I'm foreign countries sooner or later the era of oil would be over and Nigeria didn't achieve anything tangible from all the decades of oil wealth.

Am not saying we Igbo's are the best but don't u think we should be allowed to try our hands to see if we can solve this problem.

Igbo's are looked with suspicion by almost every Nigerian tribe do u think after all the begging and agitation we finally get presidency we would go there and have a fun fair or party?
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by Bundaweber: 8:02am On Nov 19, 2020
Coldie:
Nigerians think about it, u can't solve a problem by applying the same strategy over and over again.

To me the only region that's yet to rule Nigeria is the SE and the North East smhw we should be given a shot.

The major reason for the cry for Biafra has sth to do with leadership.

If we want a united country let we Igbo's be given a chance.

Igbo's have suffered enough in this Nigeria, its too bad that their are some govtboffices you go just speaking Hausa gives u express entry but speaking Igbo's u must bribe everybody cause they know Igbo's don't have anybody in power.
"Sorry if this my last comment offends you"

the only region yet to rule Nigeria is the north east. other tribes with significant population have yet to rule the country. the benins, the igalas, the tivs, the efiks, the ibibios, the jukuns. Unfortunately right now the only persons the igbos have are the establishment politicians. What we need in Nigeria right now are leaders that will build institution and not one of the persons showing interest is capable of doing it. Nigerians are no longer interested in which tribe is ruling

1 Like

Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by Yebosola(m): 8:02am On Nov 19, 2020
loveth360:
Who will vote for this Igbo president?

The few Igbo one Nigerianist?

The hateful yolobas that want the downfall of every Igbo man?

The Abokis that will rather vote for Shekua of boko haram than voting for a qualified Igbo man?

Who exactly?

I just arrived from Mod ban,Ipob,don't let me talk wetin deh my mind oh. @ Olatomiwami, ku imuledani�
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by Coldie(m): 8:03am On Nov 19, 2020
ume1000:
you mean people like Orji kalu
If orji uzor kalu or Rocha's is the person u want to rule if Igbo's were to rule Nigeria that means u don't love Nigeria.
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by bigfish3k: 8:03am On Nov 19, 2020
Myer:

I was hoping to read why he was awarded but unfortunately thanks to poor journalism it wasn't mentioned.

That said, I don't dispute his cry for igbo presidency. But unfortunately it would have been considerable of he and other igbo leaders condemned Kani and IPOB for the mayhem and carnage they inflicted on Nogeria and Nigerians.

Even Igbos don't trust themselves so how can you trust them with other tribes talkless of becoming President of diversified nation like Nigeria?

As much as I would want an Igno presidency who could probably grow Nigeria economically die to their entrepreneurial prowess, the lack of trust remains an inhibition. No Party, APC or PDP would flag an Igbo presidency. No even the nascent party for the youths would risk it.

Igbos have to prove they have the interest of Nigeria at heart and not Biafra.

Honestly I have nothing against Biafra. If you ask me every geopolitical zone should sustain itself- East, West, South-South and North.
Nigetia experienced it's greatest development under geopolitical zone.
Igbo governors proscribed them as terrorists
Ohaneze has been fighting and condemning them since

Long epistle writer
Oya tell me who again in Igboland you want to fight ipob before you are satisfied. Mtchew
Soro soke generation will defeat all your propaganda
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by Aufbauh(m): 8:04am On Nov 19, 2020
ArcSEMPECJ:

Unfortunately, Nigeria is never civilized as other tribes have sworn that such indices can't happen in Nigeria thus his speech appearing like a threat......

A sane civilised country headed by a sane President can't see a section of the country as 5% but gains heavily per capital from such section

You guys hated the man (Buhari) from the onset even before his election as the President, so spare us the 5% nonsense.

It is also noteworthy that the so hyped 5% debacle was not only use for the South East but also South south. While the later has moved from such petty blackmail the former keep waiting on such preconceived narrative.

2 Likes

Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by Coldie(m): 8:04am On Nov 19, 2020
Bundaweber:

the only region yet to rule Nigeria is the north east. other tribes with significant population have yet to rule the country. the benins, the igalas, the tivs, the efiks, the ibibios, the jukuns. Unfortunately right now the only persons the igbos have are the establishment politicians. What we need in Nigeria right now are leaders that will build institution and not one of the persons showing interest is capable of doing it. Nigerians are no longer interested in which tribe is ruling
Other tribes were grouped into geopolitical zones.

And at least someone from their Geo political zone has stayed in aso rock for an extended period of time.

I support Northeast/ South east ticket.
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by Yebosola(m): 8:04am On Nov 19, 2020
ChangedMan1999:

Please explain why Biafra can't be achieved.

It has been achieved tey tey,Online state of Biafraland
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by Coldie(m): 8:06am On Nov 19, 2020
Aufbauh:

You guys hated the man (Buhari) from the onset even before his election as the President, so spare us the 5% nonsense.

It is also noteworthy that the so hyped 5% debacle was not only use for the South East but also South south. While the later has moved from such petty blackmail the former keep waiting on such preconceived narrative.
Nobody hated Buhari from the onset just that our people have been so much used to the PDP that they don't want to change.

Look at what is happening to Dave Umahi, its not out of hate for him but our people i don't know what is their problem with PDP that have made them clinged so much to it
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by Bundaweber: 8:06am On Nov 19, 2020
Coldie:

Think about it, Nigeria is going down despite how much we love and support Nigeria and Buharis administration Nigeria is really going down.

Yesterday I read that the country is broke that out of 1.64trillion naira revenue like over 1trillion is used to settle debts and Nigeria is still borrowing.

Think just a few days ago electric Cars were launched in Nigeria, its going viral I'm foreign countries sooner or later the era of oil would be over and Nigeria didn't achieve anything tangible from all the decades of oil wealth.

Am not saying we Igbo's are the best but don't u think we should be allowed to try our hands to see if we can solve this problem.

Igbo's are looked with suspicion by almost every Nigerian tribe do u think after all the begging and agitation we finally get presidency we would go there and have a fun fair or party?

it's that suspicion that the ndigbo needs to work on before 2023. If Nnamdi kanu had not come I am telling you that most Nigerians would have chosen an Igbo man to be the next president. but kanu came and started insulting every tribe. started laying claims to other ethnic nationalities, turned igbos to be foreigners by claiming that they were Jews. This caused the current aura of suspicion amongst the population. what made it worse was the Igbo elites tacitly(at times openly) supporting kanu's madness. if ndigbo denounces kanu and cautions him watch as how the suspicions will melt and see the clamour of Igbo presidency. Don't forget that the Nigerian electoral system is gamed towards one region. WHAT WE NEED TO BE DISCUSSING RIGHT NOW IS HOW TO RESTRUCTURE THIS COUNTRY

1 Like

Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by Coldie(m): 8:07am On Nov 19, 2020
ChangedMan1999:

Please explain why Biafra can't be achieved.
Explain how insulting people on the internet would get u biafra
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by bigfish3k: 8:07am On Nov 19, 2020
Bundaweber:

After igbos then you can abolish Zoning.
Not when its getting to my turn you suddenly change the rules
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by Coldsteel(m): 8:08am On Nov 19, 2020
loveth360:
What can Igbo president do for the great Igbos?

Even if an igbo become the president due to pressures to stop division of Nigeria,The Igbo man won't last more than one term.

Total freedom is what Igbos need.

The Igbo one Nigerialist will be disappointed in 2023.

So with all these happening you still feel it's easier to achieve Biafra than Igbo presidency which happens to be your constitutional right?
Do you know how many wrongs the latter would correct which would eventually lead to the birth of the former?
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by omenka(m): 8:09am On Nov 19, 2020
It is non-negotiable for an Igede man to replace Buhari.

It is non-negotiable for a Tiv man to replace Buhari.

It is non-negotiable for an Idoma man to replace Buhari.

I will FORCE Nigerians to vote any of the three above since Nigerians no longer HAVE THE RIGHT to vote any candidate of their choice according to senator Babaribe.

What a dolt.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by Coldie(m): 8:10am On Nov 19, 2020
Bundaweber:

it's that suspicion that the ndigbo needs to work on before 2023. If Nnamdi kanu had not come I am telling you that most Nigerians would have chosen an Igbo man to be the next president. but kanu came and started insulting every tribe. started laying claims to other ethnic nationalities, turned igbos to be foreigners by claiming that they were Jews. This caused the susp

Nnamdi KANU and shekau are no different.

The only reason why I think he should be reasoned with is for the fact that with all these provocations ipob have tried to remain peaceful.

Apart from the minor Hausa/ipob clash that they have always been punished for ipob has not really been violent in anyway.

If the whole world terrorist groups are like ipob that if they have issues instead of killing and bombing places they go to the internet and air their emotions this world "AFRICA" would have been a better place.

If what happened to Igbo's in oyigbo happened to a northern tribe like the Fulani rivers state will never know peace for a long time u and I know this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Atiku Men Regroup In Port Harcourt, Declares Support For Fubara, Tinubu / Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga / Judge Orders Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia Into The Dock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.