Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,194 members, 7,957,456 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:56 PM

Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari (24410 Views)

Anambra 2025: Going South Is Non-Negotiable For APC - Amaefuna / Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East / 2023: Why The North Wants Amaechi To Replace Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by loveth360(f): 9:03am On Nov 19, 2020
Yebosola:

Worst don do u and ur online state of Biafraland already, which party controls Ebonyi state now? 2 down 2 to go, Anambra is Apga
See yoruba muslim's reasoning.
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by Afamed: 9:06am On Nov 19, 2020
Confused slowpoke. On life Interview with Channels TV, he was agitating for Biafra
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by Myer(m): 9:16am On Nov 19, 2020
bigfish3k:

Igbo governors proscribed them as terrorists
Ohaneze has been fighting and condemning them since

Long epistle writer
Oya tell me who again in Igboland you want to fight ipob before you are satisfied. Mtchew
Soro soke generation will defeat all your propaganda

You do not see that as long as there's IPOB even igbos know that there can't be an igbo presidency.
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by Queseda: 9:26am On Nov 19, 2020
Why are Igbo so selfish like this. An Igbo man in person of Ebele Azikwe Jonathan just hand over power in 2015 and you people wants to come back 8 years after. It's the turn of Efik people

2 Likes

Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by erospecial: 9:29am On Nov 19, 2020
Igboman can't replace buhari. Igbos aren't ready because they lack quality characters to make for president.
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by gidado14(m): 9:36am On Nov 19, 2020
ExAngel007:
https://thecable.ng/abaribe-its-non-negotiable-for-an-igbo-person-to-replace-buhari

my question is this, how can a person who wants to divide Nigeria wants to become Nigeria President?

1 Like

Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by MT: 9:40am On Nov 19, 2020
HAccord:
Yes... We have to be assertive about this. Even the heavens and the earth this is true.

God bless Abaribe.

More reasons it might not happen. Politics is a game of numbers. Learn to build bridges with zones that will vote for you, and stop insulting them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by Kinikini: 9:40am On Nov 19, 2020
You will think the democratic institution they have for years been a part of will rub off on them, but no, it doesn't. The SE should build an alliance like ACN and CPC or intensify lobbying in the present parties to get a president from the zone. All this noise and emotional blackmail will lead to another nail biting ending.

uote author=ExAngel007 post=96198916]https://thecable.ng/abaribe-its-non-negotiable-for-an-igbo-person-to-replace-buhari[/quote]
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by Greatkenny2: 9:47am On Nov 19, 2020
Southwest would be furious if a southeastern gets Apc presidential ticket.... Nigeria politics is something else
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by crossover(m): 9:50am On Nov 19, 2020
ExAngel007:
https://thecable.ng/abaribe-its-non-negotiable-for-an-igbo-person-to-replace-buhari
It's a surprise that many of our leaders are so ... not to understand a simple political logic! So unfortunate!! The APC party is an amalgamation of three major political parties. And, at the onset, there would have been agreement/consensus on how the positions will be shared and contested. So, joining or decamping to the party for purpose of contesting a political position will be at the exposition of a complex political algorithm. Therefore, what is majorly necessary is for the Political Elites from the South East to understand the existing structure laid at the formation of the APC, and align with it (compromise)… CPC (Pa Buhari or nominee by the primary), ACN (Chief Tinubu or nominee by the primary), and ANPP (Dr Onu or nominee by the primary)… But…
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by CSTRR: 9:59am On Nov 19, 2020
loveth360:
Who will vote for this Igbo president?

The few Igbo one Nigerianist?

The hateful yolobas that want the downfall of every Igbo man?

The Abokis that will rather vote for Shekua of boko haram than voting for a qualified Igbo man?

Who exactly?
Nonsense talk.

You are buying into the inferiority complex.

If Igbo run for both PDP and APC, will an Igbo not emerge president?

Just stop talking.
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by CSTRR: 10:00am On Nov 19, 2020
erospecial:
Igboman can't replace buhari.
Igbos aren't ready because they lack quality characters to make for president.
Yes.

We can see the quality of buhari.

His brilliant education and individual achievement.

Go and tell the North West that they don't have quality characters and watch them drown you with almajiri votes.

na for south east your mouth dey draw.

1 Like

Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by 24SEVEN: 10:03am On Nov 19, 2020
Coldie:

Did they tell u all Igbo's want Biafra?

If u are using this as an excuse that some Igbo's want Biafra so for that we should not be allowed to rule, u are proving ipob right and shaming Igbo's like me who hv pledged our 100% allegiance to Nigeria.

Some yorubas said they want odua republic that didn't stop them from ruling Nigeria

Ss people say they want Niger Delta that didn't still stop them from ruling Nigeria.

Every region at one point wanted out but that didn't still stop them from ruling Nigeria.

But to you since the SE said they want out they must not rule Nigeria.

No tribe has actively clamoured for secession except Igbos. Every Igbo is a biafran secessionist, just that some do theirs openly while others are closet secessionists. Such elements cannot truly be trusted.
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by CSTRR: 10:07am On Nov 19, 2020
24SEVEN:

No tribe has actively clamoured for secession except Igbos. Every Igbo is a biafran secessionist, just that some do theirs openly while others are closet secessionists. Such elements cannot truly be trusted.
Your trust is irrelevant.
We have seen how those you trusted have helped Nigeria.
Looting and destroying the country to the bare bones.

If you value your one-nigeria, an Igbo president is a must.

It should be as simple as that.

I expect Igbo leaders to be assertive.
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by Aufbauh(m): 10:09am On Nov 19, 2020
ArcSEMPECJ:

[s]Your argument is baseless , what could make South East to hate Buhari

I know you must be from the South West to project such hate propaganda against Igbos and act like a saint who is madly in love with Buhari....only to form Amoketun against him....lols....
[/s]

Rather your defense is senile and vague! It holds no water as you cannot speak for the entire Igbos.

I believe if you read through the comment section you'll see some of your brothers making an open confession of hatred against the Man.

I now understand your line of reasoning that's why you're quick to stereotype anyone who comes up with the kind of narrative to be from South West.
I'm not from there so save yourself the guess.
Also it's noteworthy that you're not talking to a kid.

I've been around your people and still around them. Living in one of the most Igbo dominated area in Lagos (festac precisely). We drink, eat, and discuss everyday so i know what I'm talking about.
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by Awasa: 10:10am On Nov 19, 2020
I know north and most part of the SW will not vote an Igbo man but let d Igbos present a candidate first, if the east all votes for the candidate it's obvious the exercise speaks referendum speaks Biafra.
We can at least show character of unity by not voting outside d east
And let's see d president dat will win from 2 tribe from d list
Awusa no go vote jagaban
And SW no go vote Atiku
Let everyone share SS
D difference in dis election is no one can manipulate the SE not PDP nor APC if there tickets doesn't come to us
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by bigfish3k: 10:11am On Nov 19, 2020
Myer:

You do not see that as long as there's IPOB even igbos know that there can't be an igbo presidency.
Why?
others like OPC and boko haram succeeded in producing presidents for their region because nobody was blackmailing them with it the way Igbos are being blackmailed even though our political leaders are hitting them hard unlike how OPC and boko are treated with kid gloves
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by 24SEVEN: 10:11am On Nov 19, 2020
CSTRR:

Your trust is irrelevant.
We have seen how those you trusted have helped Nigeria.
Looting and destroying the country to the bare bones.

If you value your one-nigeria, an Igbo president is a must.

It should be as simple as that.

I expect Igbo leaders to be assertive.

The Igbo is the reason Nigeria is where she is. An Igbo named J.T.U Aguiyi-Ironsi used a military decree to create this system of government that has kept Nigeria where She is.
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by Coldie(m): 10:12am On Nov 19, 2020
24SEVEN:

Guy stop quoting me
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by CSTRR: 10:13am On Nov 19, 2020
Buhari was unelectable at a time.
He lost three times Back to back.

Losing now does not mean You can't win later.
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 19, 2020
PHijo:

I am 100 percent in favour of an Igbo being president. Sadly, the dynamics of Nigerian politics is against it. Except PDP and APC both agree to field Igbo candidates the Igbo have no chance of winning the 2023 polls. All I am saying is that Igbo should be a lot more strategic in their approach to Nigerian politics.

In one thread you dey fight igbo, in another you dey ask for igbo presidency.

Make your stand Clear
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by CSTRR: 10:17am On Nov 19, 2020
24SEVEN:

The Igbo is the reason Nigeria is where she is. An Igbo named J.T.U Aguiyi-Ironsi used a military decree to create this system of government that has kept Nigeria where She is.
Oh really.

A coup Of the early 60s is the reason why your trusted leaders have been looting and wrecking the country since then?

Does Ironsi have two heads?
Did he possess more powers than other heads of state and Presidents that came after?

Well since Igbo is the cause of the problem, elect an Igbo to correct it.

Apparently, Igbos are the only ones with balls to do what needs to be done.
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by Bundaweber: 10:17am On Nov 19, 2020
bigfish3k:

Another propaganda!!
Please name the governor in the SE that is tacitly supporting ipob. All the governors jointly held a meeting and supported ipob priscribtion and they followed words with action by allowing the military kill ipob while they turn a blind eye. Tell me any state in the SE where the governor has not invited the army to kill ipob

Pls be fair and just in all your doings

OPC as a security outfit killed and later wanted secession. They even fought to dethrone the emir of ilorin so as to impose an oba

Please if boko is a nortth east issue. Who is doing the attacks in Southern kaduna, katsina, Zamfara, Taraba, plateau, benue.

Or are you one of those that was deceived by the renaming it to bandits just to give credence to their lies that they have defeated boko haram

And again, why are you not using HISBAH police in the north to campaign against them as you would have done if it existed in the east

TheCable understands that the governors were acting on a presidential directive as a pre-condition to reduce military presence in the region.

There were hot arguments at the meeting over the appropriateness of the governors succumbing to a directive from Abuja, insiders informed TheCable.

[b] The governors had been accused of tacitly supporting IPOB
.[/b]

The launch of Operation Python Dance II has raised tension in the south-east, leading to reported deaths in Aba, Abia state, and disruption to economic activities.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Boko Haram, Nigeria is a colonial construct, lacking Islamic legitimacy and destined to lead society in a downward spiral of Western immorality. The only way to regain northern Nigeria’s former glory is through a repudiation of democracy, constitutionalism, and Western values and a return to Islamic governance on the model of the historic caliphates. We argue that Boko Haram’s leaders draw their inspiration and legitimacy from Usman Dan Fodio’s 1804 Fulani-led jihad and his subsequent establishment of the Sokoto Caliphate in northern Nigeria[b] but seek to implement this style of caliphate in the Kanuri homelands of the former Kanem-Borno Empire.
[/b]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The usual description of the OPC as an ethnic militia, while accurate, is also misleading, in that not all the acts of violence committed by its members have been ethnically motivated. Many of the conflicts in which the OPC has got involved have been among Yoruba, and consequently victims of OPC violence have included Yoruba. The contrast between, on the one hand, the clearly articulated ideological discourse and sophisticated propaganda of some OPC leaders, and on the other hand, the mindless thuggery which characterizes many of its operations, has also posed a challenge in defining appropriate reactions to the organization. In a sense, the OPC combines aspects of two distinct types of organizations which have emerged in Nigeria: those which advocate for the specific interests of their particular ethnic, regional or religious group in a broadly political context[1], and those which have taken on the task of fighting crime, without an explicit political agenda of their own.[2]
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by PHijo(m): 10:23am On Nov 19, 2020
Juliusmalema:

In one thread you dey fight igbo, in another you dey ask for igbo presidency.

Make your stand Clear

My stance is clear, that I disagree with Igbo people doesn't mean I don't believe they should be treated like humans. What I don't like is their attempts to annex my homeland into their areas. Other than that I am fine with them.
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 19, 2020
PHijo:

My stance is clear, that I disagree with Igbo people doesn't mean I don't believe they should be treated like humans. What I don't like is their attempts to annex my homeland into their areas. Other than that I am fine with them.

Annexing your homeland?

When and where?
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by Misterdhee1(m): 10:38am On Nov 19, 2020
Coldie:

For ipob mind I be there enemy.

Igbo presidency has the ability to address a lot of issues.

Igbo Presidency is needed so that the SE would develop our needed infrastructure that will as a result bring back our people scattered all over Nigeria that Nigerians keep complaining about especially Lagos people to go back to our region.

80% of federal roads in the SE is very bad.

Not just federal road federal infrastructures in the SE, I have been to federal unis in other regions but when I visited those in SE they always look smhw.

Igbo presidency can address all these
So Nigerians should support Igbo presidency primarily because of these? Don't worry yourself, Atichukwu is coming in 2023 to do those things on your behalf. Even an igala man has better chance at presidency than an igbo man. Such is the level of hate you guys have attracted to yourselves as a result of being too mouthed, intolerant to others and aggressive.
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:41am On Nov 19, 2020
Nairalandnigga:
if Igbo man no achieve it then a Yoruba man will still not achieve it.draw draw no return match

What does my comment have to do with Yoruba people now ? Don't you prefer to have Biafra than Nigerian Presidency ? You are one of the reasons why some people believe that Igbo people are confused !
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by Navalsadiq(m): 10:43am On Nov 19, 2020
Coldie:

I have never instigated hate on anybody I am a detribalized Nigeria I am more detribalized than even Northerner's who say they love Nigeria.

That's y if u go tru my past posts if I didn't declare that am from the east in this thread you will think am from the north.

We have tried to convince the people causing this problem it hasn't worked, prove these people wrong by giving us who refused to be swayed into the biafran struggle a chance to rule.

SE presidency can change alot. You and I know Igbo's don't have the population to decide how things run in Nigeria its so obvious that if we mess up in our first term we would not get reelected.

Unlike some people from regions where whether they mess up or north population from their region is enough to keep them in aso rock for as much as they want
Will you mortgage the faith of a country in the hands of those who seek division
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by omojeesu(m): 10:47am On Nov 19, 2020
ExAngel007:

The political class from all ethnic groups are the same: liars, thieves, etc. They are in politics with no allegiance to the people but only to themselves, families and thier lackeys.
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by ledaman: 10:47am On Nov 19, 2020
HAccord:
Yes... We have to be assertive about this. Even the heavens and the earth this is true.

God bless Abaribe.
Assertive? Av u forgotten we are in democracy not military Era.
Re: Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari by ledaman: 10:50am On Nov 19, 2020
Coldie:
If u think an Igbo man should not replace Buhari look at this pic.

A meeting of past leaders was held concerning Nigeria in general and the entire SE had no representative.

Nigerians judge for yourself is it right?
As long as your region plays politics of hatred and bitterness Presidency would always be an illusion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

BREAKING: Atiku Returns From Dubai / Oshiomhole: Peter Obi Creates Jobs Abroad, Contributes To Rising Unemployment / Governor Alex Otti Visits President Tinubu In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.