Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:05 AM

Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? (64272 Views)

Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) / Lekki Shootings: CNN Objects To Lagos Panel’s Invitation / Lekki Shootings: CNN To Lai Mohammed, 'You Didn't Provide Any Evidence' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by orisa37: 5:35pm On Nov 19, 2020
CNN VERSION IS MORE AUTHENTIC.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Tunde835(m): 5:36pm On Nov 19, 2020
Ceenelly:
OK
That one dey

A people that disobey law and order should not cry in a lawless situation, the Governor of Lagos state declare a curfew but some certain individual said no to the directive, in all every one of them both the government, army and the people that disobey govt order have cause us all this unnecessary report by BBC and CNN
They started shooting before d curfew started, curfew was to start at 9pm but they started shooting at 7:26pm

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Cuntface: 5:36pm On Nov 19, 2020
Simplyleo:

So why exactly did you tag me? What are you and what's my business with whatever you want to discuss?

Pls your interest is not my interest. I can't remember tagging anyone whose views are different from mine on anything. Discuss your matter with your likes and gtf outta here, I have no business with you. undecided

Poor church rat. The government is now broke I don't think you get a penny from them henceforth
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Onnasucs1(m): 5:39pm On Nov 19, 2020
I believe CNN. Djswitch did a live video. I watched it that day and I can confirm all she said.

"What I heard with my ears may be false but what I saw with my eyes cannot be called a lie"

I saw people in blood in that live video.

If the soldiers didn't shoot the protesters, who were the people that sanwo olu visited in the hospital the next day. Nigerian Government is doing everything to gaslight us

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Bizibi(m): 5:40pm On Nov 19, 2020
Jake19:
BBC were present at the venue and gave their report but anyone who watch the CNN report and still say there is no massacre at the lekki toll gate on that day is heartless.

It is a shame that we even have to rely on foreign journalists and TV stations to get a clearer view of what happened at the lekki toll gate.
Shame on Our journalists
very heartless!!! Especially those supporting the government.
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Shancca: 5:42pm On Nov 19, 2020
peacekante:
These are the video report of both reputable international TV stations on the lekki shooting incident. The incident has generated quite a lot of controversies around the world. While the Nigerian Government has vehemently denied shooting at the lekki protesters. The Army on the other hand earlier denied going to lekki to shoot, but later admitted that it was at the lekki tool gate but didn't shoot live bullet. They also claimed they shot at the air not at protesters.
But the protesters are insisting that they were shot at and many were killed. The major protester at the ground DJ switch told CNN that the soldiers shot at them and killed lots of people.

Both CNN and BBC have given their own report on what happened at the lekki toll gate. While BBC reporter Damilola Banjo who was at the protest ground reported that the Army was shooting on air, but only saw one man grasping for air which she was not because of gun bullet, the CNN video said the Army actually shot at the protesters with live bullet. Though the CNN was not present at the protest ground.

So Nairalanders, watch the video report from both CNN and BBC. who is actually giving the real account of what happened at Lekki toll gate on the 20 of October 2020

BBC report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlSRq_WAdlE

CNN report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKhJcL2ttls

Get this right; BBC’s was situation report while that of CNN was investigation. I hope the OP is clear now. We should stop this comparison abeg.

4 Likes

Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by ProT: 5:42pm On Nov 19, 2020
peacekante:

Yea that was a very extensive investigation but we shouldn't rule out the BBC own report where it's journalist was present at the protest ground
Nonsense and BBC!

Shebi na for Mercury DJ Switch dey report her own?
How come folks are trying to use "being on ground" to lend credence to the BBC report, but outrightly portray DJ Switch as a liar, even though she was frigging on ground too!
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by goodheart02(m): 5:44pm On Nov 19, 2020
Eteka1:
Una no de tire? The army said they were there but fired into the air to scare away the protesters. Besides how come up till now we don't have the any known person that was killed there?

And why did the army initially deny about their presence there?? Why did they also deny shooting at all in the first place?? Why are their testimonies contradictory?? Why did the governor deny at first there were no casualties and later agreed there were atleast 2 casualties. Your country is a mess and a comic relief to the international community
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by goodheart02(m): 5:46pm On Nov 19, 2020
peacekante:

Yea that was a very extensive investigation but we shouldn't rule out the BBC own report where it's journalist was present at the protest ground

Don't forget that BBC journalist could have been compromised afterall na naija person too. Also BBC isn't to be trusted when it comes to issues concerning Nigeria which happens to be their play ground.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Raymondfayowole(m): 5:47pm On Nov 19, 2020
Neddstark:

The documentary on the case was true on both news networks. However, there were some exaggerations. If there was a consistent mass shooting into the crowd with assault weapons, it would have been hundreds of fatalities. There's no reason for argument, just ask someone who is well accustomed to ammunition to confirm if it is true or not.

Sure, u hav a point there. My prob was wen u made it seem like evrytin cnn reported was fake just because it was coming from cnn. I was not there so I can't tell u what I don't know. We saw different directions the army shot that day, some were shooting to the air while some to the crowd. The BBC video also explained they were denied access to the lekki toll gate the next morning. Who knows if they were clearing up their mess at that tme.
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by wolfenstein(m): 5:48pm On Nov 19, 2020
20-25mins of continuous shooting (Report from BBC), so Nigerian military will say they want to waste their bullets to catch birds? Nigerian journalists should b ashamed of themselves. So till now they haven't been any strong report from nigeria concerning d issues, all lies from d government
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by merrymike47(m): 5:49pm On Nov 19, 2020
PataAlhaja:

You are an idiot!

The same stupid, senseless DJ Switch that's never been consistent and coherent in all here tweets and interviews. I'm sure the bitch will fail a polygraph. She's got no credibility.
you are the biggest idiot if u think soldiers that could shoot in the air couldn’t av shoot directly at the protesters (Nigerian soldiers for dat matter (I’m not trying to shame d name NIGERIA SOLDIERS but of a truth many of them has lost touch with reality and doesn’t/barely use their senses just like you) and the account of just one eye witness (BBC reporter) in d night with large crowd wouldn’t av covered the whole truth provided she is not even scared or shut to give detailed account. Bro wake up, we should all try to get to d root of this and not discredit or conclude so fast cos if they (government and army) should getaway with this then it means we’ve encouraged them to do more.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by GMacbeth: 5:50pm On Nov 19, 2020
Eteka1:
Una no de tire? The army said they were there but fired into the air to scare away the protesters. Besides how come up till now we don't have the any known person that was killed there?

I guess those injured people the governor visited in the hospital jump into the air and got caught. By bullet fired into the air and were injured

How does that sound to you
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Sermwell(m): 5:51pm On Nov 19, 2020
PataAlhaja:

You believe CNN that were never there as against BBC that were there live.
You also refused to believe DJ switch that was there live the whole night but you believe BBC reporter that was there for 20mins. Hypocrite!!

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Sunsets: 5:52pm On Nov 19, 2020
The poster is intelligently biased. Why pick out the information that the BBC mentioned that the army shot into air and the fuller detail that she only there for a short while? Your bias is obvious.
peacekante:
These are the video report of both reputable international TV stations on the lekki shooting incident. The incident has generated quite a lot of controversies around the world. While the Nigerian Government has vehemently denied shooting at the lekki protesters. The Army on the other hand earlier denied going to lekki to shoot, but later admitted that it was at the lekki tool gate but didn't shoot live bullet. They also claimed they shot at the air not at protesters.
But the protesters are insisting that they were shot at and many were killed. The major protester at the ground DJ switch told CNN that the soldiers shot at them and killed lots of people.

Both CNN and BBC have given their own report on what happened at the lekki toll gate. While BBC reporter Damilola Banjo who was at the protest ground reported that the Army was shooting on air, but only saw one man grasping for air which she was not because of gun bullet, the CNN video said the Army actually shot at the protesters with live bullet. Though the CNN was not present at the protest ground.

So Nairalanders, watch the video report from both CNN and BBC. who is actually giving the real account of what happened at Lekki toll gate on the 20 of October 2020

BBC report

CNN report

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Commotfornigeri: 5:52pm On Nov 19, 2020
peacekante:

Our national journalist are all lazy. Very few of them has that ability to do the right thing and carry out investigational journalism. All are brown envelope journalists

Stop saying trash. How many of them are currently locked up in jail? How many have you gone to visit?

Why do you think i ran away?
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Sermwell(m): 5:53pm On Nov 19, 2020
Neddstark:

It is getting extremely sickening. People break law and order consistently for 12 days in the name of a protest. The governor declared a curfew and they still felt brazen to disobey the governor believing its their right? Nobody wants to talk about that. Do we want a Nigeria where roads will be blocked consistently and people will choose to be lawless? Nigerians who need to stop following crowd mentality and start asking what is good for them.
So the punishment for that is death right? Your case is worst than a zombie!!
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by adeadeyera(m): 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2020
The visible difference between the two reports is INVESTIGATION.
The CNN carried out an investigation, to the point of gathering bullets from the scenes of the massacre and then tracing them to where the Nigerian Army purportedly bought them from.
Shall we also talk about the time stamps as well as the timeline of events?
The BBC, on the other hand, reported what happened, relying on their reporter's report.

I don't know what you're seeking to achieve with this line of thought, but it is sheer nonsense. On this, your mind works just like Lai Muhammed's.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2020
You can also read BBC REPORT DURING THE WAR
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 19, 2020
Burstit:
You are working for ur money, abi? one day na ur mama go be victim.

He is working for his foolishness. No one knows him and he receives nothing

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Kayharry(m): 5:58pm On Nov 19, 2020
BBC HAUSA, BBC YORUBA BBC IGBO BBC ENGLISH THEY ALL GIVE IT DIFFERENT MEANING
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Rugaria: 6:00pm On Nov 19, 2020
Simplyleo:

So why exactly did you tag me? What are you and what's my business with whatever you want to discuss?

Pls your interest is not my interest. I can't remember tagging anyone whose views are different from mine on anything. Discuss your matter with your likes and gtf outta here, I have no business with you. undecided
E really enter am..
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by jidxin(m): 6:01pm On Nov 19, 2020
peacekante:

BBC report

CNN report

"AT FIRST THEY WERE SHOOTING INTO THE AIR" which means they later shoot at people. this reporter has been either paid or blackmailed into giving wrong info
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Eteka1(m): 6:01pm On Nov 19, 2020
GMacbeth:

I guess those injured people the governor visited in the hospital jump into the air and got caught. By bullet fired into the air and were injured

How does that sound to you
They were likely injured in the ensuing melee.
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by bskyb(m): 6:02pm On Nov 19, 2020
ashacot:
Well, after both videos, I feel both have their report based on the availability of evidence present. That the BBC reporter said no one died at the lekki toll gate contradicts CNN report. But remember the BBC reporter said she was there for a little above 20mins. While CNN report said the Army shot for hours.

Nice unbiased analysis. Well done
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Micmuzac: 6:02pm On Nov 19, 2020
why did the BBC reporter leave? they knew things would get bloody ugly ,and why was army denying presence and shooting? they are complicit to crimes perpetrated,so we all see the red prints of FG on the matter no investigation can exonerate the army, same way demonstrators unharmed were shot in other circumstances is what repeated here,this is a lawless bloody facist regime
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by jidxin(m): 6:03pm On Nov 19, 2020
peacekante:

but i saw it with my bare eyes. the BBC report is based on hearsay and even in court hearsay holds little or no water
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by jidxin(m): 6:04pm On Nov 19, 2020
NofiuFade:
Those stay wake that night can actually attest there's a lot of cover up going on regarding the lekki shooting incident, it was a bloody night, let's forget all this media propaganda, no matter how they try to cover it truth will always comes out, that night watch live from DJ Switch insta gram page, see how they are trying to rescue people got shots?? It not stuff we should be debating about pls, those govt officials involved should get ready for long thing, that night is too bloody for all this propaganda cover up. They should be ashamed of themselves!
i did ooooo and i can attest to the killings at leats i saw someone's guts spilled out
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by OmoAkin85: 6:04pm On Nov 19, 2020
Born2Breed:
BBC said no one died but the Lagos state government said two died.

BBC story was based on lies.
lol bro as long as sanwo olu said two people die trust me more dan 20 have died ..if u know u know
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by HandsomeBlack: 6:04pm On Nov 19, 2020
Guestlander:

One thing is certain though, the army was there shooting at protesters and this is the main problem.
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 19, 2020
peacekante:

BBC report

CNN report

If you put that BBC lady on the chair, she will fail the test.

The tone and flow of her reporting shows she is not telling the truth. Even she knows it by her body language and eye.

The eye never lies. Every sound trial lawyer will tell you this.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by bigcasava1(m): 6:06pm On Nov 19, 2020
peacekante:

BBC report

CNN report

any thing that has to do with british is scam.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Chief Diepreye Solomon Peters Alamieyeseigha (DSP) Son Dies In Dubia / Tunde Sabiu, Buhari's Nephew Is A Billionaire At 20 - Junaid Mohammed / Photos Of Buhari & Osinbajo Laughing Hard In Office Today As Osinbajo Briefs Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.