Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Presidential Debate on NN24 - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Debate on NN24 (33126 Views)

Poll: Presidential Debate: Who Impressed You Most?

GEJ: 10% (57 votes)
Ribadu: 11% (62 votes)
Buhari: 35% (199 votes)
Shekarau: 42% (238 votes)
This poll has ended

NN24, Nigeria's News Channel Folds Up / Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> / Nn24 News Presidential Debate In Abuja - Live Images (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by AljUche: 9:06pm On Mar 18, 2011
eku_bear:

Alright guys.

Fill out a report card.

Give them grades, A through F.

For me:

Shekarau: A
Buhari: C
Ribadu: F-

good grade but C still be pass grin grin

did jonathan wey no attented the debate pass at all
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by ekubear1: 9:06pm On Mar 18, 2011
Who was this Ibime jackass who was crowing about Ribadu going to Oxford or Harvard some months ago?  undecided

Dude had no clue what he was talking about. . .
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by AljUche: 9:06pm On Mar 18, 2011
aisha2:

Una no let me post na wa oh
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Kobojunkie: 9:06pm On Mar 18, 2011
arsenal1:

Did anyone gets shekarau closing remarks? damn this man is good

Shekarau is a good speaker!!
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by SweetT1: 9:07pm On Mar 18, 2011
I think Shekarau won this debate y'all. The man has clarity and knowledge of the issues at hand. Ribadu did not do as well, he was too abrasive and incoherent. I think Buhari did just Okay. But Shekarau did his Shakara and blew this jokers out of water.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by beejaay: 9:07pm On Mar 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Sorry, but I have been following the man's record and I don't quite agree. Pre-fashola, many were just existing, that he was most performing then does not mean he comes close to being the best at all.  I remember by the standards then too . . . many still claim Yar adua tried. ** shudders***
i dissagree with u KB.shekarau came in in 2003, yaradua started in 1999. Rabiu kwankwaso was the then gov while shekarau was still a secondary principal and later a permanent secretary to the then governor.the man came in and stabilize kano. he by far tried more than yaradua but because he belongs to the minority party while yaradua belong to the majority.you need to go back and ask the people on ground about this man. he has passion for the people.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Genbuhari3: 9:08pm On Mar 18, 2011
Buhari still tops. Now we have to look beyond the debate and consider the running mate.

Buhari Bakare ticket is still the best. What Buhari lacks in erudition, he has complimented with Bakare

Shekarau's vice  - Oyegun - is not a strong character
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by overhyped: 9:08pm On Mar 18, 2011
Folks, this is the first time most of us are seeing Gen Buhari speak in the public. Those of us who have been following him for some time know that he is not the most articulate politician. But I am very certain that his heart is very articulate. More so, he came across tonight as calm, kool and presidential.

BB all the way!
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by jason123: 9:08pm On Mar 18, 2011
After listening to Buhari, I believe it is my task to take my parents country back from the shackles of PDP and the elites. May Almighty God give you strength and wisdom to rule our country Buhari. A country that will be free of corruption, disciplined, hardworking and focused. No to tribalism!!! No to PDP!!! No to God fatherism!!! No to corruption!!!! No to regional sentiments!!! No to over dependence on OIL!!! No to GEJ, OBJ, CIROMA and IBB!!! No all vices in our country!!!

God bless NIgeria. God bless BUHARI!!!!
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by 9ijaMan: 9:09pm On Mar 18, 2011
Shekarau scores 75 out of hundred for his ability to articulate his thoughts
Buhari gets a 55 for his brevity, would have been lower if he had not ended with the powerful closing statement.
Ribadu scores a lowly 30 for being to aggressive and often talking off topic. He made several claims that were completely false.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by EzeUche2(m): 9:09pm On Mar 18, 2011
Shekarau has challenged my notions about the people of the North once again.

There is HOPE FOR NIGERIA!
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by SweetT1: 9:09pm On Mar 18, 2011
Shekarau = A
Buhari = B
Ribadu = C
Goodluck = Absent ( AWOL).
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by brabus(m): 9:09pm On Mar 18, 2011
@ALL, Lets form an Alliance to vote in Buhari. The change we need is he
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by malali: 9:09pm On Mar 18, 2011
When you go home
Tell them of us and say
For your tomorrow
We gave our today,

GENERAL BUHARI ON BEHALF OF FELLOW NIGERIANS
WE THANK YOU FOR COMING OUT OF RETIREMENT
TO ADREESS THE HUGE MONSTROUS CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA
YOU ARE INDEED A COURAGEOUS NIGERIAN BOTH AS A MILITARY MAN
AND AS A CIVILIAN,

YOU HAVE MY RESPECT FOR LIFE!
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by abopal: 9:09pm On Mar 18, 2011
THE END OF A MATTER IS BETTER THAN THE BEGINNING THEREOF
BUHARI, YOU WON THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
RIBADU IS STILL DEVELOPING,
SHEKARAU HAS SWEET MOUTH BUT HE IS CORRUPT AS WE ALL KNOW
BUHARI HAS RETAINED HIS POSITION IN THE HEARTS OF MILLIONS
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by jmaine: 9:10pm On Mar 18, 2011
overhyped:

Thump up to Buhari on the health sector! He got the question 100%!

What did he say, blind support here.

eku_bear:

Fake drugs is the big problem with healthcare  

Buhari is a dumbass.

Thank you bro

Seun:

Buhari is clueless too!!

sums it up.

Verdict  . . .  Shekarau is the man and it's a shame the PDP missed out
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by friedrice1: 9:10pm On Mar 18, 2011
Shekarau is an eloquent criminal!
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by SweetT1: 9:10pm On Mar 18, 2011
Does anybody know where Shekarau went to School?? I know he study Math but i don't think he schooled in Nigeria.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by abopal: 9:11pm On Mar 18, 2011
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by AndreUweh(m): 9:11pm On Mar 18, 2011
Yet again, Buhari fails to convince Nigerian's that he is the needed one.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by abopal: 9:11pm On Mar 18, 2011
[b][/b]
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by ekubear1: 9:11pm On Mar 18, 2011
overhyped:

Folks, this is the first time most of us are seeing Gen Buhari speak in the public. Those of us who have been following him for some time know that he is not the most articulate politician. But I am very certain that his heart is very articulate. More so, he came across tonight as calm, kool and presidential.

BB all the way!

It is not an issue of articulate. He cannot think on his feet or answer questions. He didn't answer Jos or many other questions. He didn't answer healthcare. He kept answering unrelated questions, or talking about something completely different.

Look, I'm not saying I'll reject him. Being incorrigible and upright is important. He doesn't have to do much thinking, I guess the guys he selects to work for him will do it for him  grin

But he is not very impressive intellectually. That is a bit unfortunate.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Genbuhari3: 9:12pm On Mar 18, 2011
it is now very clear that we must go with Buhari to compliment the Northern support please. Ribadu is not the option as seen tonight.

the average Northern still loves Buhari. Shekarau even has no chance in Kano against Buhari
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Billyamin: 9:12pm On Mar 18, 2011
Anybody that didn't show up for this debate for any reason after all this clamoring is a coward and need not to be VOTED for, a TRUE LEADER will always stand and FOLLOWER stand at the BACK.
No for DEBATE = Stand Back = Follower.
GEJ shame on uuuuuuu. I no u are a deceiver with all Promise of ELECTRICITY  for 2010 now after election NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by malali: 9:12pm On Mar 18, 2011
BUHARI IS THE MOST COURAGEOUS NIGERIAN

HE IS THE MOST PERSISTENT REFORMIST

HE NEVER QUITS

I AM PROUD TO BE A NIGERIAN ANYWHERE ON THE GLOBE smiley

SAI BUHARI
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by friedrice1: 9:12pm On Mar 18, 2011
Buhari is a man of few words and strong character. He deserves the highest seat.

Ribadu still needs to serve, but not at the highest office.

Shekarau can be the foreign Minister.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Kilode1: 9:12pm On Mar 18, 2011
It's high time we introduced Public speaking, communication and speech as compulsory courses in our Sec Schools and Universities undecided

Or we just let our people speak their local languages and hire translators. . .
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by kokogee: 9:12pm On Mar 18, 2011
The summary of the debate:

Buhari is a man of few words and men of few words (esp if u'r discipline and do not mingle with bad people) by history keep to their promise bcs the few said were deliberately and carefully chosen. Also, by antecedent, Buhari demonstrated that he knows how to lead by example and selecting credible and trustworthy ppl to revamp Nigeria is the easiest thing he knows how to do thou not too good at telling lies to ppl to vote him.

Ribadu is smhw arrogant believing that being the head of EFCC automatically makes him the most qualified.

Shekarau on the other hand is naturally a good speaker but most of what he said which he may not implement were to canvass for vote,

I think among them, Buhari still remains the most credible that can keep to his promises.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by overhyped: 9:13pm On Mar 18, 2011
Shekarau: 90%

Buhari 65%

Ribadu  45%
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by ow11(m): 9:13pm On Mar 18, 2011
Everyone said Obama was inexperienced but Ribadu should go to the senate where he can scream his lungs out!

Buhari's final word was apt and very true BUT ANPP should please begin Shekarau's campaign earnestly down south. Many people have never heard of him and those who have, hold a wrong perception of this dude.

I would investigate his tenure in Kano but if he ruled with the same ideas he spoke about, then He should be ruling this country!
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by jason123: 9:13pm On Mar 18, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Yet again, Buhari fails to convince Nigerian's that he is the needed one.

You are confused. I think you were watching another debate.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by bokmal(m): 9:14pm On Mar 18, 2011
overhyped:

Shekarau: 90%

Buhari 65%

Ribadu  45%

wink wink wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply)

Ihejirika - Soldiers Leak Information To Boko-Haram Insurgents / World Leaders Line Up Offers Of Presidential State Visits For PMB / I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.