Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,583 members, 7,823,523 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Presidential Debate on NN24 - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Debate on NN24 (33059 Views)

Poll: Presidential Debate: Who Impressed You Most?

GEJ: 10% (57 votes)
Ribadu: 11% (62 votes)
Buhari: 35% (199 votes)
Shekarau: 42% (238 votes)
This poll has ended

NN24, Nigeria's News Channel Folds Up / Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> / Nn24 News Presidential Debate In Abuja - Live Images (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by seanet02: 9:50pm On Mar 18, 2011
To me buhari was a total flop! Clearly bereft of simple ideas and poor sentence construction, Ribadu definitely gave a well articulated plan on the Power sector though somehow arrogant. Shekarau was simply fair. Buhari too bad he can't sell himself. Ribadu for sure
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by oladcity(m): 9:51pm On Mar 18, 2011
@ ezeuche, the question is who impressed ME most and not who impressed ezeuche most?
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by malali: 9:52pm On Mar 18, 2011
naijangel7:

My dear Malali, this is even worse. That i don't support Buhari doesn't mean that i'm a GEJ supporter. Am i the only one who thinks after this debate that Nigeria is in VERY hot soup? The Top Four are a HUGE disappointment.

naijaangel point noted
i like you rationale
i mistook you for people like eku bear
my apologies smiley

bb2011
sai buhari
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by MeGaStReEt: 9:52pm On Mar 18, 2011
Kai

GEJ fall me hand no be small, kaiiiiiii
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by PapaBrowne(m): 9:52pm On Mar 18, 2011
I will not advice anybody to risk his vote for Buhari!!  This debate showed he has very little understanding of the current problems plaguing the country!!
His answers on power, healthcare, education, Niger Delta and the Jos crises were pathetic!!
Corruption is not the only problem plaguing this country! Buahri will make a good EFCC chairman, but surely not a president of this modern Nigeria!!

Jonathan is a huge disappointment for not participating!! I might just consider Shekarau!! Ribadu just spoilt any chances he has left!! Buhari's rating would dip after today's performance.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by ekubear1: 9:53pm On Mar 18, 2011
lol @ the three votes for GEJ.

Though he did a good job avoiding the debate, so he wasn't torn apart by Shekerau  grin grin grin

I want to see the two of them debate!
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Genbuhari3: 9:53pm On Mar 18, 2011
Aisha, Jarus,

This is not what I proposed. Who will you vote for after watching the NN24 presidential debate?

Being impressed is another thing?

a 419er can impress you! but who shows the will and the courage!
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by ekubear1: 9:54pm On Mar 18, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Ribadu just spoilt any chances he has left!! Buhari's rating would dip after today's performance.

Wrong again! Ribadu doing poorly means more votes for Buhari!

Or you think people will switch votes to the man who skipped taking the exam?  grin grin grin

Goodluck is not escaping that easily tongue
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by EzeUche2(m): 9:55pm On Mar 18, 2011
Ribadu was horrible. I would never vote for him.

The arrogance that came out his ignorant mouth was something that does not do the ACN any justice.

Even though I may not like the ACN, they could have picked someone better than this buffoon.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by 9ijaMan: 9:55pm On Mar 18, 2011
seanet02:

To me buhari was a total flop! Clearly bereft of simple ideas and poor sentence construction, Ribadu definitely gave a well articulated plan on the Power sector though somehow arrogant. Shekarau was simply fair. Buhari too bad he can't sell himself. Ribadu for sure
At least Buhari showed up. What have you got to say about a sitting president who's ever will to get cozy with the koko mansion but never ready to face his people. We are seeking to elect a leader and not an entertainer!
GEJ can get elected to head Nollywood but certainly not to head Nigeria!

Shekarau;s closing statement actually gave him away. The answer to the question Shekarau asked to close his statement is simply BUHARI!
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by malali: 9:56pm On Mar 18, 2011
WHY DID RIBADU SHOOT HIMSELF IN THE LEG

SAYING NIGERIANS ARE NOT CORRUPT

NA WHO CORRUPT REACH US?

THATS WHY THE CROWD BOOED HIM, EVEN WE SELF KNOW SAY WE CORRUPT!!!!!!!!

SEE BODE GEORGE,SEE ANENIH,SEE ALAMS,SEE IBB,SEE ATIKU,, SEE IBORI
ARE THESE PEOPLE BRAZILIANS

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by EzeUche2(m): 9:56pm On Mar 18, 2011
Buhari is the cautious one and very ambiguous. I would have liked to see more force from him. Not like Ribadu, but force like the Buhari we are all used to hearing.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Kobojunkie: 9:58pm On Mar 18, 2011
He was never really good at speaking even back then. I don't know what FORCE you are referring to.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by zibe(m): 9:59pm On Mar 18, 2011
Never heard of Shekarau till today, and he definitely tried. I hope GEJ has a good reason for not showing up, although I keep wondering what reason that is when he can show up for D-banj's interview and think that he(d-banj) is representing the youths. Clueless people! This can't go on!
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 18, 2011
pls guy & girls did anyone record the debate? I missed it and really want to watch it all over. A link would be appreciated. I also heard GEJ vanished into thin air. smh
embarassed
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by EzeUche2(m): 10:02pm On Mar 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

He was never really good at speaking even back then. I don't know what FORCE you are referring to.

Are you telling me the youthful vibrance that he once possessed when targeting criminals is no more? Or are you arguing for the sake arguing like usual.

LMAO
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by 9ijaMan: 10:02pm On Mar 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

Buhari is the cautious one and very ambiguous. I would have liked to see more force from him. Not like Ribadu, but force like the Buhari we are all used to hearing.

Now you are coming around. You may be able to articulate your points but still not willing to deliver. Buhari was indeed cautious. The problem is that he seemed to say just about the same thing as the others, but his mode of presentation could have been a lot better. For instance on healthcare, they all virtually mentioned need to provide extra funding, and Buhari also added the caveat of ensuring that the extra funds are properly monitored, but the way it came out was not coherrent enough.
Mentioning fake drugs as part of the problems facing the health sector is not entirely wrong, but again his mode of presentation didn't come through properly.

Overall, he fared above average and managed not to throw stones at any of his opponents.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by ekubear1: 10:03pm On Mar 18, 2011
Will there be another debate? Or is this the only one?
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Genbuhari3: 10:05pm On Mar 18, 2011
Buhari showed he is the wise one. Being wise, courageous and strong-willed is enough to make a good leader. Bakare can be doing all the talking in office.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by opalu: 10:05pm On Mar 18, 2011
Jonathan has started lobbying for another debate. His followers tell him he would have come out the best after all

So the NTA will be all out to host the next one. But other candidates may not honour that
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by EzeUche2(m): 10:06pm On Mar 18, 2011
Throw Ribadu out and lets have a debate between Shekarau, GEJ, Buhari and invite Pat Utomi.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by 9ijaMan: 10:06pm On Mar 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

Are you telling me the youthful vibrance that he once possessed when targeting criminals is no more? Or are you arguing for the sake arguing like usual.

LMAO

What has articulation of words got to do with dealing with criminals? Buhari may not be as eloquent as Shekarau, he still has the knack for dealing with corruption and indiscipline. Ironically, Shekarau is a product of Buhari. Buhari made him, and that again points to the fact that Buhari may not be silver-tongued but he sure knows his onions when it gets down to picking the right guys for the job.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Sammy107d(m): 10:06pm On Mar 18, 2011
I hope these four guys boycott any BON debate. GEJ will surely lose after such embarrassing move.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Kobojunkie: 10:07pm On Mar 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

LMAO

I am arguing that you at least EDUCATE yourself on the Man and his ACTUAL record rather than BLATHER . . . likely all born out of hate since you don't seem to have a SOLID reason to offer . . . and dodge in the corner when challenged for saying the wrong things.  grin
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by 9ijaMan: 10:08pm On Mar 18, 2011
eku_bear:

If I were the other guys, I'll not bother to attend any other debate with GEJ.
GEJ being absent shows his lack of respect for the other candidates and more important lack f concern for Nigerians.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by ekubear1: 10:09pm On Mar 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

Throw Ribadu out and lets have a debate between Shekarau, GEJ, Buhari and invite Pat Utomi.

Buhari would be dumb if he did that. Keep Ribadu around since he isn't a good debater  grin

At least, that is what I'd want if I were Buhari.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Genbuhari3: 10:09pm On Mar 18, 2011
Buhari picked Shekarau from a school to be governor. at least he spots talent.

for me,

it is clear now, It is Buhari vs GEJ. these are the frontliners considering the support we have seen so far on ground. with Ribadu's performance this night, it is over for ACN.

Best chance to vote out PDP is Buhari
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by opalu: 10:09pm On Mar 18, 2011
WE NEED A PRESIDENT TO CLEAN UP THE MESS LEFT BEHIND BY PDP
NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT ARTICULATE AND COHERENT SPEECH HERE. ALL WE NEED IS A STRONG LEADER TO HELP BUILD STRONG INSTITUTIONS
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by opalu: 10:10pm On Mar 18, 2011
NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT ARTICULATE AND COHERENT SPEECH HERE. ALL WE NEED IS A STRONG LEADER TO HELP BUILD STRONG INSTITUTIONS
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by EzeUche2(m): 10:10pm On Mar 18, 2011
eku_bear:

Buhari would be dumb if he did that. Keep Ribadu around since he isn't a good debater  grin

At least, that is what I'd want if I were Buhari.

I see your point. Comparing Ribadu to Buhari, Buhari is the clear winning. Mehn, I am really disappointed with Ribadu. Such an arrogant, pompous buffoon. People led me to believe he was somewhat educated.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by opalu: 10:11pm On Mar 18, 2011
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by naijangel7(f): 10:11pm On Mar 18, 2011
eku_bear:

https://www.facebook.com/whataboutusnigeria?ref=ts

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/as-nigerias-presidential-election-nears-a-televised-debate-serves-as-test-of-young-democracy/2011/03/16/ABdytOe_story.html

And this is the type of debate GEJ is capable of:

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/sr-speaks-d%E2%80%99banj%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%9Ckokolette%E2%80%9D-interview-jonathan

DBanj is such a huge sellout. Thank God i never liked him or his horrible music.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (28) (Reply)

Lagos Ranked As The Most Corrupt State In Nigeria In 2014 / Dasuki Writes Judge, Says He Will Never Go To Court Again / Official Photos From Desmond Elliot’s Inauguration Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.