Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,498 members, 7,826,872 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic (19637 Views)

FG Signs 250MW Power Sale Deal With Discos / Buhari Sympathizes With Niger Republic Over Terrorist Attack That Killed 70 / FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by emmajodeci(m): 6:34am On Nov 20, 2020
I am ashamed of myself as a Nigerian, how can we have refineries and they can't be put in order for over how many years. Because they make more money refining it from outside the nation than here in Nigeria. The development of the nation is far from the heart of this leaders.

2 Likes

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by afrika(f): 6:34am On Nov 20, 2020
I am trying to understand Buhari's agenda.

The thing the north wants but does not want to propagate.

This Niger thing all the time.

Rail way to Niger.
Road to niger
Refinery to niger

Tell us the north is preparing to break up while using Nigeria money to prepare themselves.

Well done buhari

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by JONSYN7154: 6:35am On Nov 20, 2020
small small we don dey know why dem won build rail line to that country.
d real secret never comot yet o.
nonsense administration.

1 Like

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by dederocs(m): 6:37am On Nov 20, 2020
I did not see any benefit of this deal to Nigerians...will it lead to reduction in fuel prices?
Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by afrika(f): 6:37am On Nov 20, 2020
I am trying to understand Buhari's agenda.

This Niger thing all the time.

Rail way to Niger.
Road to niger
Refinery to niger

Well done buhari
Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by greypencils: 6:43am On Nov 20, 2020
The next thing is to export crude to Niger and import pms from there? Confirmed madmen run this country.
Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by Zenithpeak(m): 6:47am On Nov 20, 2020
ursullalinda:
With all the promises made by this failed government......see how we changed our country gear to auto reverse......I always feel like giving those people I know who where shouting [b]change change a knock anytime I see them[/b]...... Imagine Niger republic too has a working refinery

Proverbs 24:21-22 KJV
My son, fear thou the Lord and the king: and meddle not with them that are given to CHANGE:
[22] For their calamity shall rise suddenly; and who knoweth the ruin of them both?

Many of you chose to disregard this warning from the Lord during the electioneering campaigns now we can't comprehend the sudden calamities that has engulfed the land now.
Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by eddybongo101: 6:47am On Nov 20, 2020
God pls remove this plaque from Nigeria
Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by telleyway: 6:49am On Nov 20, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/11/just-in-fg-signs-fuel-transportation-storage-deal-with-niger-republic/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Look at these morons
So this is the type of refinery that Buhari promised?
Niger that's not even the size of my state is now the live wire and the old fools are celebrating up and down.
Not surprised though. Nigeria supplies power to countries like Mali, but they celebrated twenty years of uninterrupted power supply aa far back as year 2000
Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by emonis88: 6:51am On Nov 20, 2020
All this na scam. Don't be surprised when u find out that it is one govt man that has that facility in Niger.

2 Likes

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by feelme3(m): 6:51am On Nov 20, 2020
With this new found love between Niger and Nigeria, I am beginning to seriously suspect the guy posing as Nigerian president may not be a Nigerian after all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by oluade11: 6:54am On Nov 20, 2020
This is sad. Why can't our own refineries work? Every other refinery in the world is working except the one in Nigeria.
Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by Coolbadguy: 7:00am On Nov 20, 2020
It will not be well with this people, just imagine Nigeria importing fuel from Niger republic what a big shame and slap to the country face.
Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by mosdii(m): 7:02am On Nov 20, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

Niger has a working refinery because they dont subsidise fuel

Fuel in Niger costs over 350 naira per liter. Meaning there is enough cash to pay for thw upkeep and upgrade of the refinery

Its simple really. Sell fuel at a profit, earn cash that is enough to fix your refinery

We would have had working refineries if you guys had allowed GEJ to remove fuel subsides completely in 2011.

And if we had removed fuel subsides since 1993 when the idea was suggested to us, we would have been exporting fuel everywhere by now.

It is only just now that the apc government is making a decision that should have been made ages ago

You are quick to say "If you guys", who are the 'you guys'?

You just sit and make assumption without knowing where I'm from, who I am and my economic and political stand.

Subsidy removal is the best policy economic wise but are we truly ready to do full deregulation?
The answer is no because those at the corridors of power are benefitting hugely from this subsidy scandal. Remove subsidy, sell at a uniform or close to uniform with other neighboring countries, use the profit to revitalize, rebuild, reconstruct and get the old comatose refineries working and also new ones.

it is a shame that for over 60 years of oil exploration in the country, Nigeria did not export refined product for once. it is appalling and embarrassing.
Full deregulation, passage of PIB and resuscitation of our dormant refineries will change the game in our oil industry.
Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by arantess: 7:06am On Nov 20, 2020
Nbotee:
I don't understand my country... Ur refineries are comatose and dead. Instead of building new ones or fixing the old ones like promised, we want to start buying from Niger. And yet we are supposedly the giant of Africa
Paper giant, that's all
Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by One4me: 7:07am On Nov 20, 2020
PhiliptheArab:
And the truth is our refineries have been operating below capacity long before Buhari arrived.

In Niger, they are too poor to pay a subsidy like we do. Subsequently fuel is sold at N350 or more per liter in Niger. This means profit is enough to sustain a working refinery producing surplus product

Please Stop all these worn-out excuse, Nigeria is not the only Crude Oil producing nation and others in that category sell below what we buy in Nigeria.
The problem in Nigeria is not about subsidy, all countries all over the world, subsidize one thing or the other for their citizens, from Fish price, to Electricity to Bread, to transport, etc.
Nigeria's own problem lies with an an extremely corrupt Govt, aided by equally corrupt praise-singers and hangers-on.

Nigerians are not from Niger Republic and as such, what they sell fuel in their country, is their problem and it is unique to them, the last time l checked, they dont produce Crude Oil.
Why is our Refineriees not producing PMS, yet they get allocate and spend close to #200Billion every year?
Why do we keep spending billions of Naira every time, on Turn Around Maintenance (TAM), on Refineries that cant refine crude oil and dont output any liter of Petrol?
The answer is Simple: There are Criminal in successive Govts of Nigeria and NNPC (and it is not difficult to find out the Ethnic Demographics of the NNPC, for you to see that 90% of them, like in most of our comatose Federal Agencies, are from the North), Criminals who ensure that our Refineries NEVER work, the TAM is a sham, so that they can continue to impirt fuel from places like Niger Republic and elsewhere (at times, all they "import" are empty vessels or Fuel refined in Nigeria and "turned around on the High Seas), while they then continue to collect "Subsidy" on such scam.

SUBSIDY is a re-occurring SCAM under various Nigerian Govt but even more pronounced under this Nepotistic Buhari regime.
Why are they not allowing the Mini Refineries in the Niger Delta to operate? why are they destroying them with the military, but prefer to send our Crude Oil to Niger Republic and import PMS from there, then claim they want subsidy?
Buhari's plan and that of his Fulani Cabals become more evident, as the days go-by but they would all fail, insha-allah,

Nigeria can build at least, three Mini-Refinery, in every Region, every year and in the last five years, we would have at least one mini Refinery in every state of the nation but the Criminals running NNPC and their collaborators in Buhari's Govt, will never allow it.
Do they think we are not aware of how many of Nigeria's past Presidents and military rulers have Refineries in neighbouring African countries, who siphon our Crude oil to their Refineries and then sell it to us and claim Subsidy along with it, while destroying the Refineries in Nigeria?
Are we sure Buhari too has not used his cronies to setup a Refinery in Niger Republic (afteral, he prefers to fund a $2Billion Rail line from Katsina State, into Niger Republic, rather than to implement the Calabar- Onitsha- Edo- Ibadan Easter Rail line project) and then plans to be siphoning crude from the ND to it, refine it and then bring it by his Katsina-Niger Republic Rail line into Nigeria and still claim 'subsidy'?

Dont be deceived or deceive yourselves, we are running a sophisticated Criminal Enterprise called "government" in Nigeria.
Liar Muhammed needs to gag Nigerians, using the Social media Bill because these criminals dont like this sort of information to go public.

Nigeria can build New Mini-Refineries (even if it does not want to build a Full Scale one like an individual, Dangotte, from the North as well, is building and he will be only Monopoly, just like he is in Cement, Flour, Sugar, vegetable Oil, etc, in Nigeria), refine it own crude oil and sell PMS at no more than #30/Litre, without a single Kobo of subsidy.
We must take our country back from these Looters and Economic Saboteurs in Govt, who think once they unleash the military on the Youths, nothing can happen. Well, something will happen and it will shock them when the time comes.

Is this Niger Republic is becoming the 37th State of Nigeria or am l missing something? shocked

2 Likes

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by Judolisco(m): 7:07am On Nov 20, 2020
Niger republic built a refinery...jst to be refining our fuel now u will give them money to also help u store it
Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by Khahidmorgan24(m): 7:07am On Nov 20, 2020
They Will also borrow to sustain this one too grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by Nobody: 7:11am On Nov 20, 2020
Johnrake69:

Buying fuel at #350 or #400 as in how? With the level of poverty in Nigeria?

Abeg make una take am easy with these una Harvard economic analysis.

Niger, Benin and many other African countries buy fuel at higher prices than we do, and many of them are just as poor or even porrer than we are.
Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by One4me: 7:13am On Nov 20, 2020
oluade11:
This is sad. Why can't our own refineries work? Every other refinery in the world is working except the one in Nigeria.

They Sabotage our Refineries so that this sort of move can be made.
As long as they import PMS, they can claim "Subsidy", which they cant do when our Refineries are working. undecided undecided
They are in Govt and they are in NNPC and they are economic saboteurs, people who deserve the J.J Rawlings Treatment.

If Dangotte, an individual, can successfully build a Refinery in less than 3years, how come Nigeria, with all her wealth, cant build a New Refinery or two, n the last Six years of Buhari's Govt.................. if they truly are interested in solving the problem or is it that Dangotte get sense pass Buhari and his cabal nii?
cool

Nigerians are being put through these hardship of expenses, deliberately by wicked greedy and Evil people in corridors of Power.

1 Like

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by Kayharry(m): 7:14am On Nov 20, 2020
Before this vegetable finish his tenure he want to gives everything to Niger Republic.
Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by lastempero: 7:16am On Nov 20, 2020
The fulanis are preparing to leave Nigeria and the south are busy ranting. Railway, electricity and now refinery.

2 Likes

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by Josbreed: 7:17am On Nov 20, 2020
I cover my face in shame.
Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by reidkrugger(m): 7:19am On Nov 20, 2020
Why must it be Niger republic? Abi na Buhari get d refinery? Bcuz the North always thinks they are smart. Better still, they exported crude from here, refined it there and brought it back to us. And dats d reason for all dis incessantly impromptu fuel increment. I nor trust una one Kobo.

1 Like

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by LandMann: 7:20am On Nov 20, 2020
The north is doing everything to ensure its able to stand on its own feet when the country finally shatters due to the massive stupidity and corruption of leaders especially in the south south, south west and south east...

They have a railway connected to Niger... They have surplus food and now they have access to fuel from Niger... Meanwhile, they have better infrastructure to support growth and development already... good roads, public schools and healthcare that are comparatively better than those available in the south.

If Nigeria breaks, the north will gladly face Niger, and cut food supply to the south of Nigeria if south Nigeria threatens them with fuel or crude oil cut off.

Ordinary protests and the associated insecurity created that prevented transportation of food items and meat to the south has resulted in astronomical inflation in the south... meanwhile, the masses down south suffer the brunt of the hardship while the southern elites cruise around in AC vehicles and eat at exotic locations.

I just hope to have left this country by the time this reality sets in... Because it's so unfortunate that I share a region with people who are so educated but so mentally blind and unable to see that they need to start stoning their political leaders anywhere they see them instead of crawling under their tables to sing their praises in return for crumbs and getting feed constant propaganda of how the North is their problem in the process.

It's such a shame

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:21am On Nov 20, 2020
Nbotee:
I don't understand my country... Ur refineries are comatose and dead. Instead of building new ones or fixing the old ones like promised, we want to start buying from Niger. And yet we are supposedly the giant of Africa
It's really disappointing.
Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by slowice(m): 7:24am On Nov 20, 2020
Just wow... Everyday a new low. There's never anything to be proud of since this man took over from a government that had human face.... Then ngozi used to brief us weekly about our economy and the effect of its growth was felt in our local markets across the country. The world respected us and we owed less debt. Today, nobody knows what's going on anymore, we now take everyday like we see it... We don't anticipate better days like we use to.

Everyday a new low...... Zombies thankiooo una Don finally destroy this country.
Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by Austin4Jesus(m): 7:25am On Nov 20, 2020
There is no difference between Nigeria and Niger
Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by Austin4Jesus(m): 7:27am On Nov 20, 2020
There is no difference between Nigeria and Niger in the eye of a Fulani man.. The only Difference is the IA, like nigerIA, the missing AI in the spelling.. so they are like another state of Nigeria, so we have to deal with that till 2023.
Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 20, 2020
mosdii:

You are quick to say "If you guys", who are the 'you guys'?

You just sit and make assumption without knowing where I'm from, who I am and my economic and political stand.

Subsidy removal is the best policy economic wise but are we truly ready to do full deregulation?
The answer is no because those at the corridors of power are benefitting hugely from this subsidy scandal. Remove subsidy, sell at a uniform or close to uniform with other neighboring countries, use the profit to revitalize, rebuild, reconstruct and get the old comatose refineries working and also new ones.

it is a shame that for over 60 years of oil exploration in the country, Nigeria did not export refined product for once. it is appalling and embarrassing.
Full deregulation, passage of PIB and resuscitation of our dormant refineries will change the game in our oil industry.

I use the term 'you guys' because one thing I have noticed since I became a defender of subsidy removal 9 years ago is that Nigerians don't want to hear about it, despite the benefits.
Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by cardoctor(m): 7:30am On Nov 20, 2020
Unbelievable
Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by gbolaekemode: 7:30am On Nov 20, 2020
[quote author=DamnnNiggarr post=96228043]

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/11/just-in-fg-signs-fuel-transportation-storage-deal-with-niger-republic/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Reading this brought me to tears. A oil producing nation that cannot refine its oil buying petrol from a non-oil producing nation refining excess fuel. It's utterly disgusting and shameful! These people don't care about the progress of our country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Debts: Borrowing Will Land Nigeria Into State Of Bankruptcy – Pastor Adeboye / Even If A Cup Of Garri Goes For ₦1000, I Will Vote Tinubu Come 2027 / El-Rufai Wants Keshi, Emenike In APC To Run For Public Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.