Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas (11207 Views)

CUPP Leaks EFCC Memo Vindicating Onnoghen, Exposes Fg's Next Move Against CJN / CUPP Leaks Secret EFCC Memo Vindicating Onnoghen, Exposes Buhari’s Next Move / Pictures Of Heavy Equipments Moved To Boro Port. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas by joeyfire(m): 7:43am On Nov 21, 2020
AwkaFinest:

Boro is a hero in the Niger Delta. He has a park named after him in PH and he is celebrated by all especially in Rivers and Bayelsa.

If you dont like it you can hang yourself.

Same places where bandits are traditional rulers grin

2 Likes

Re: Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas by AwkaFinest: 7:53am On Nov 21, 2020
joeyfire:

Same places where bandits are traditional rulers grin

Atleast they're not our SE where ritualists, kidnappers and drug pushers are kings and chiefs grin

4 Likes

Re: Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas by AwkaFinest: 7:55am On Nov 21, 2020
nku5:

Who built Trans-Amadi Layout? Isaac Boro or Tompolo? grin grin

Your father built it... I hope you are happy now

2 Likes

Re: Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas by ikennamadu1(m): 8:04am On Nov 21, 2020
JAMO84:
Those who committed the original sins their people are suffering from since 1966:

1. Azikiwe

2. Nzeogu

3. Ironsi

4. Ojukwu

Kanu is just a noise maker.

nobody is suffering in the south east unlike your afonja ewedu guzzlers
Re: Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas by Pecuman: 8:10am On Nov 21, 2020
Christistruth00:

ken Sarowiwa said 30,000 Ogoni were murdered by Ojukwu supporters

Link to that claim
Re: Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas by Pecuman: 8:12am On Nov 21, 2020
Bkayyy:

Nobody can murder such amount without a mass massacre site being discovered.
It is mere propaganda fanned by the wailers from the west.
They have been throwing propaganda left and right since the days of the civil war.
Funny I saw a thread where they now changed history and said that their anti Biafra protest in London was done by the Ikwerres

If not Bikerres, then who did the anti-biafra protests in london
Re: Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas by jokayos: 8:17am On Nov 21, 2020
So it was Ironsi that gives power to the Fulani by disband the regional government that lead to the problems we facing in Nigeria today.
Re: Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas by lizyamos(f): 8:23am On Nov 21, 2020
Now i understand why history was removed from our schools so thst we can fight each other without knowing what actually went wrong.
our leaders arr very wicked set of people.

I come in peace

2 Likes

Re: Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas by LikeAking: 8:36am On Nov 21, 2020
Rugaria:

Aguiyi Ironsi can't loose both ways.. it's unfair. Everybody keeps blaming the man for both ends of Nigerias misfortune. For heavens sake, this man was killled for whatever ideas he sprouted. He wasn't given any time to implement any! Im not his biggest fan but the fact is that Just 6 months on the job and he was killled. The north said they didn't like his unification policies. Some minorities too. The man was hounded down and killed in the most brutal fashion possible! How can you kill a man for ideas not yet implemented, take over government for over half a century, managing well over a thrilllion dollars in revenue ever since, THEN turn back to blame the same man you killed half a century ago for your present day woes?? Does that make sense? You blame him for the unitary system which was still an idea when he died. Why did you kill him then if you can't do things differently?

The same man also killed odas.

He ruined the nation.

Changed the political landscape that ushered in the various military regimes.

Handed power to the north due to his greed.

Etc

2 Likes

Re: Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas by Pecuman: 8:37am On Nov 21, 2020
Elvictor:

so you guys are qualify to lord us under Eastern region with the love you guys show in denying us leadership role?

Igbos stood by Jonathan 100% and he is Niger-Delta
Re: Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas by Pecuman: 8:39am On Nov 21, 2020
AwkaFinest:

Atleast the not the SE where ritualists are kings and chiefs.

So both you and joeyfire place suck
Re: Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas by Pecuman: 8:41am On Nov 21, 2020
Christistruth00:

Yes. Other Eastern Minorities experienced the same Massacres

In the North
Re: Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas by AlexBells(m): 8:55am On Nov 21, 2020
Elvictor:

if I hate Igbos you will feel the venom, I don't hate Igbos because I grow up with them, do you know how many Igbos are in Ahoada?
I'm not judging if you hate Igbos or not but I can assure you that if you continue this way, you might end in the same way Adaka borro and Ken Saro Wiwa ended, say amen to this prayer if you really think Igbos are the real enemy, you want to vindicate, Yorubas and Hausa of series of war crimes against the Igbos and you tell me you don't hate us, look no Igbo man ever condemned the war, it is one war my father seem proud he was part of, we only condemn the targeting of civilians and the blockade, how could a military officer give the command to shoot anything that moves and you vindicate them and you tell me you are not a hater, We Igbos are part of Niger delta and we are also your neighbours, well thank God you will stay around to see us rise, the wise ones like Akwa/Cross one of our best allies knows that the downfall of a man is not the end of his life and we know our friends who stood by us in this trying times, #IgbosCheta
Re: Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas by AwkaFinest: 9:02am On Nov 21, 2020
Pecuman:

Igbos 100% grin

So all the ministers, house of assembly members and governors from the SE that are in APC are not igbos?

Indeed I understand your 100% grin no wonder we claim to be the developers of the world but not our home state.

Ndi developers.

1 Like

Re: Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas by Elvictor: 9:04am On Nov 21, 2020
AlexBells:

I'm not judging if you hate Igbos or not but I can assure you that if you continue this way, you might end in the same way Adaka borro and Ken Saro Wiwa ended, say amen to this prayer if you really think Igbos are the real enemy, you want to vindicate, Yorubas and Hausa of series of war crimes against the Igbos and you tell me you don't hate us, look no Igbo man ever condemned the war, it is one war my father seem proud he was part of, we only condemn the targeting of civilians and the blockade, how could a military officer give the command to shoot anything that moves and you vindicate them and you tell me you are not a hater, We Igbos are part of Niger delta and we are also your neighbours, well thank God you will stay around to see us rise, the wise ones like Akwa/Cross one of our best allies knows that the downfall of a man is not the end of his life and we know our friends who stood by us in this trying times, #IgbosCheta

if you know the hatred I have against Yoruba for destroying resource control in the person of Obasanjo and Hausa Fulani for all their wickedness you won't say I hate Igbos, go around Niger Delta and show me were Igbos are facing hatred?
I don't defend Hausa and Yorubas, my problems is with Igbos hating on Isaac Boro who fought for what he believed in.

Niger Delta arise.

2 Likes

Re: Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas by Cherez: 9:08am On Nov 21, 2020
Bros you're � right on this
We Igbos should be ashamed of lots of acts by Nnamdi Azikiwe & Aguiyi Ironsi
Have you also asked why we don't eulogise these men?
They never pushed for the Igboman's agenda
Leave Ojukwu out of this for he was never with Ironsi's ways from day 1
However, have you read about how Adaka Boro died in a military barrack during the jubilation of Nigerian soldiers over the Civil war victory?
He was killed & no investigation towards it till date
So, don't absolve anyone yet
Re: Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas by Cherez: 9:11am On Nov 21, 2020
Kaylet:
Hmmm.

Op, thank you for your enlightenment.
All correct sir.

Sir, let's all keep the past behind us.
Let us wave the wrongs of our fathers behind us.
Let's look beyond the present.
Let's stop pointing accusing fingers each other.

To embrace peace and unity, not for anything yet for restructuring (if each state can't handle her resources) then we disintegrate.

I've taken my time to study some things about this country, so, I remit my own candid advice.
You can't throw away history
Let my fellow Igbos know the mistakes of our fathers & that we were part of this shit
Let also the Hausas mainly know how they killed ruthlessly Adaka Boro & Saro Wiwa same guys they claimed Igbos demeaned
Re: Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas by Elvictor: 9:11am On Nov 21, 2020
Pecuman:

and we will stand with Igbos any day and anytime.
Re: Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas by Elvictor: 9:14am On Nov 21, 2020
Cherez:

Let my fellow Igbos know the mistakes of our fathers & that we were part of this shit
Let also the Hausas mainly know how they killed ruthlessly Adaka Boro & Saro Wiwa same guys they claimed Igbos demeaned

we are marking time for Yorubas for Odi massacre and Hausas|Fulani for killing Ken saro Wiwa and Isaac Boro, their cry will be far worst in life. war isn't over yet
Re: Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas by Elvictor: 9:14am On Nov 21, 2020
Cherez:

1 Like

Re: Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas by AlexBells(m): 9:16am On Nov 21, 2020
Elvictor:

if you know the hatred I have against Yoruba for destroying resource control in the person of Obasanjo and Hausa Fulani for all their wickedness you won't say I hate Igbos, go around Niger Delta and show me were Igbos are facing hatred?
I don't defend Hausa and Yorubas, my problems is with Igbos hating on Isaac Boro who fought for what he believed in.

Niger Delta arise.
Get your facts right, Igbos did not hate on Adaka borro, in fact most Igbos don't know that name, It was a military decision, if Ojukwu or Inronsi army officers took a military decision to stop an assumed rebel ( I use assumed because they maybe wrong or right) how does that mean Igbos hate him, if he lost an Election in UNN, how does that mean Igbos hate him at least there must be few Igbos who loved him that's why he even had the chance to contest being that at that time he might even be the only Ijaw in the school, if Igbos hate him, he won't work out of UNN alive, you generalize, if you look at Igbo voting pattern you got to understand the way we give block votes not because we hate someone but because we think someone hates us, do you think Igbos love Atiku but they voted him because they think Buhari hates us. I get its normal for people of Niger Delta to feel uncomfortable in the presence of Igbos but we are not the beast you had been made to believe, if Ojukwu or Ironsi hated Borro, they could have killed him when they had a chance
Re: Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas by Cherez: 9:19am On Nov 21, 2020
Elvictor:

so you guys are qualify to lord us under Eastern region with the love you guys show in denying us leadership role?
Denied leadership role?
Go and read the history of that Biafran war
The Name Biafra was coined by a Niger-Deltan
Ejoor, Bassey n co were all from where?
Let's face Zik & Ironsi for their useless acts
Both of them.were nationalists & never for Igbos

1 Like

Re: Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas by Tranquill: 9:24am On Nov 21, 2020
Igbochief001:

Denying u leadership role how ...? ...

See basically u guys are just expecting Igbos to wicked u that's why every little thing u complain

Igbos fought the biafran war because of Niger Delta man
Ijaw men pushed ojuchkwu to war against top igbo leaders advised
We stood by u to get resources control ..walked out with u
We stoop by Jonathan 100% that put us in the position we are right now

Name one thing Igbos have gained from niger Delta people abeg ..just name one

I don't know about Ijaw men pushing Ojukwu which is very doubtful but regarding your so called 100% for Jonathan that you claim put you in the position you say you are right now.....

During the Yaradua issue when every region, organizations including the northerners were calling for power to be transferred to Jonathan, it was the South East governors that met in Enugu to declare that "the status quo be maintained". This is on record and it was simply because of the Igbo deep seated false narrative of 'they betrayed us during the war" which has been transferred from generations to generations.

When eventually Jonathan became president and started giving 'juicy and strategic positions to the Igbos eg Chief of Army Staff, SFG etc and open the doors to the villa wide to the Igbos, the slogan in Igboland was 'he has ended the war for us'. As a matter of fact, the dislike Jonathan started getting especially from the Yorubas which cost him the presidency, was because they felt the Igbos were being favored more than others.

One of the factors that catalyzed the gang up against Jonathan was the State funeral that he accorded Ojukwu which is usually reserved for former Heads of State because they felt he didn't deserve it. If Ojukwu had died with Buhari as president, probably a chairman from one unknown local government area would have been sent to represent the federal government.

Go and check the voting patterns in the 2015 election and tell me if the "100% support" you gave to Jonathan translated to votes. If it did, Jonathan would have won that election. Check the number of registered voters and the number of people that actually voted for Jonathan in the Igbo States.

So stop this your nonsense of we did this or did that. The so called support you gave Jonathan was purely because he favored you and gave you a seat at the dinner table.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas by Cherez: 9:24am On Nov 21, 2020
Elvictor:

we are marking time for Yorubas for Odi massacre and Hausas|Fulani for killing Ken saro Wiwa and Isaac Boro, their cry will be far worst in life. war isn't over yet
Honestly, don't hold the Yorubas responsible for Odi massacre but OBJ
The Yorubas had nothing to do with it as even the fight activists that spoke up at the time.were also Yorubas. As Ironsi & Zik were never pan Igbo.
Ojukwu would never had behaved like them, that same Zik whom wasn't killed was mainly the reason the 1st coup was termed Igbo, abandoned same Igbos & never supported Biafra
I'm � Igbo telling you this
Re: Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas by Rugaria: 9:28am On Nov 21, 2020
LikeAking:

The same man also killed odas.

He ruined the nation.

Changed the political landscape that ushered in the various military regimes.

Handed power to the north due to his greed.

Etc

How did he change the political landscape that ushered in military regimes? I don't understand how we reach conclusions sometimes. He stopped a coup which he was not part of. Even danjuma that killed him has come out to say he was angry with the man for not putting the coupists on trial quickly.Ironsi rounded the whole coupists and had them in jail until the day he was killled. A counter coup was organized against him, not necessarily because of what he has done but mainly as a result of the actions of the coupists he arrested. A coup he quelled singlehandedly by the way!

Without Ironsi, that Nzeogwus coup would have succeeded, which in my on appraisal should have been a good deal for Nigeria. Unless you are blaming him for being so politically naive in appointing nothern officers into strategic positions (something I consider to be a crime against humanity with the benefit of hindsight) or for thinking about a unitary system(a policy thrust he never lived to implement), Otherwise, the man should be left alone. Those who really destroyed Nigeria, came after Ironsi not before him. Those abusing him for the situation of the country today while not mentioning the likes of Gowon, murtala, Buhari, Babangida or Abacha are only being mischievous..
Re: Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas by Tranquill: 9:30am On Nov 21, 2020
Pecuman:

It was a quid pro quo. Purely because of what Igbos were getting. South South will not do your Biafra with you so wake up from your slumber.
Re: Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas by Tranquill: 9:32am On Nov 21, 2020
Pecuman:

If not Bikerres, then who did the anti-biafra protests in london

Imbecil.e I thought you idi.ts claim Ikwerre people are illiterates that don't travel so how did they get to London?

1 Like

Re: Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas by Yebosola(m): 9:34am On Nov 21, 2020
Bkayyy:
I don't know where this OP buys his weed from.
Adaka Boro and his Niger Delta militants were subdued and captured by FG troops after which he was released by Gowon on amnesty and later died of mysterious circumstances in okirika in the same FG camp.
This is a case of caught, used and throw way.
How does this man's life and death concern the Igbo nation? No where.
He was flogged to death like the dog he is by the FG forces when he realized his stupidity and wanted to sabotage the FG forces not knowing that nobody trusts a Saboteur. This is the reason he was captured with ease and flogged to death.
FG troops assigned special eye on him from day one

Are u rewriting history ni? For calling him a dog means d op's write up is d thruth nothing but the truth

1 Like

Re: Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas by Elvictor: 9:37am On Nov 21, 2020
AlexBells:

Get your facts right, Igbos did not hate on Adaka borro, in fact most Igbos don't know that name, It was a military decision, if Ojukwu or Inronsi army officers took a military decision to stop an assumed rebel ( I use assumed because they maybe wrong or right) how does that mean Igbos hate him, if he lost an Election in UNN, how does that mean Igbos hate him at least there must be few Igbos who loved him that's why he even had the chance to contest being that at that time he might even be the only Ijaw in the school, if Igbos hate him, he won't work out of UNN alive, you generalize, if you look at Igbo voting pattern you got to understand the way we give block votes not because we hate someone but because we think someone hates us, do you think Igbos love Atiku but they voted him because they think Buhari hates us. I get its normal for people of Niger Delta to feel uncomfortable in the presence of Igbos but we are not the beast you had been made to believe, if Ojukwu or Ironsi hated Borro, they could have killed him when they had a chance

mention the name of Isaac Boro before an old Igbo man and you will know he was blamed for the lost of Biafra war.

1 Like

Re: Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas by Elvictor: 9:40am On Nov 21, 2020
Rugaria:

How did he change the political landscape that ushered in military regimes? I don't understand how we reach conclusions sometimes. He stopped a coup which he was not part of. Even danjuma that killed him has come out to say he was angry with the man for not putting the coupists on trial quickly.Ironsi rounded the whole coupists and had them in jail until the day he was killled. A counter coup was organized against him, not necessarily because of what he has done but mainly as a result of the actions of the coupists he arrested. A coup he quelled singlehandedly by the way!

Without Ironsi, that Nzeogwus coup would have succeeded, which in my on appraisal should have been a good deal for Nigeria. Unless you are blaming him for being so politically naive in appointing nothern officers into strategic positions (something I consider to be a crime against humanity with the benefit of hindsight) or for thinking about a unitary system(a policy thrust he never lived to implement), Otherwise, the man should be left alone. Those who really destroyed Nigeria, came after Ironsi not before him. Those abusing him of the situation of the country today while not mentioning the likes of Gowon, murtala, Buhari, Babangida or Abacha are only being mischievous..

and Obasanjo, he is worse idiot ever I wonder why he wasn't killed, a greedy bastard.

1 Like

Re: Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas by Rugaria: 9:41am On Nov 21, 2020
Tranquill:

I don't know about Ijaw men pushing Ojukwu which is very doubtful but regarding your so called 100% for Jonathan that you claim put you in the position you say you are right now.....

During the Yaradua issue when every region, organizations including the northerners were calling for power to be transferred to Jonathan, it was the South East governors that met in Enugu to declare that "the status quo be maintained". This is on record and it was simply because of the Igbo deep seated feeling of 'the betrayed us during the war" which has been transferred from generations to generations.

When eventually Jonathan became president and started giving 'juicy and strategic positions to the Igbos eg Chief of Army Staff, SFG etc and open the door to the villa wide open to the Igbos, the slogan in Igboland was 'he has ended the war for us'. As a matter of fact, the dislike Jonathan started getting especially from the Yorubas which cost him the presidency, was because they felt the Igbos were being favored more than others.

One of the factors that catalyzed the gang up against Jonathan was the State funeral that he accorded Ojukwu which is usually reserved for former Heads of State because they felt he didn't deserve it. If Ojukwu had died with Buhari as president, probably a chairman from one unknown local government area would have been sent to represent the federal government.

Go and check the voting patterns in the 2015 election and tell me if the "100% support" you gave to Jonathan translated to votes. If it did, Jonathan would have won that election. Check the number of registered voters and the number of people that actually voted for Jonathan in the Igbo States.

So stop this your nonsense of we did this or did that. The so called support you gave Jonathan was purely because he favored you and gave you a seat at the dinner table.

Yaraduas regime came to an end the very moment Dora Akunyili, a minister under his administration came out to rail against "cabals".. You guys should stop rewriting history! The Igbo support for the SS has been there and will always be there because of the fact that a sizeable chunk of the SS are either Igbos! Or biologically/culturally close to the igbos! It takes a lot of nerve to rewrite recent history sooo brazenly! The so called SS as a regional grouping is basically the brainchild of Igbo delegations to the national conference under Abacha! Otherwise, most probably, they will still be under the former eastern Nigeria. It was the likes of Ekwueme and co that supported that idea. In that same conference, the idea of resource control/derivation was mentioned, guess what? It was only the SS and the SE that were left together to do the fighting. Even the SW that was hitherto parroting their support for resource control was nowhere to be found..

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast / Two Female Boko Haram Suicide Bombers Strike In Kaleri, 2 Killed / Train Attack: PDP Singles Out Amaechi, El-Rufai, Alleges Complicity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.