Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS (44338 Views)

FG Offers Placement To Ukraine-based Nigerian Students Amid ASUU Strike / Strike: We Haven’t Exempted ASUU From IPPIS – FG / ASUU Silent On Meeting To Consider Fg’s Offers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by Ebenezer2021(m): 10:14pm On Nov 20, 2020
jlinkd78:
Take it or leave it ASUU is the only labour union in this country everyother is simply where belle face. Congratulations ASUU for being hard and ruthless on their scrotum
after keeping the students to languish at home?
Na God go punish ASUU

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by Gabbriell: 10:16pm On Nov 20, 2020
remigreat:
I'm just indifferent to this. I don't know if I should believe FG or ASUU.

Don't get your hopes up.

Premium tears loading for those already jubilating here. No be FG way we know? grin

1 Like

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by Elsueno: 10:16pm On Nov 20, 2020
SO THEY WILL PAY THEM FULL SALARIES for the almost 8 months they SPENT DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Will they PAY STUDENTS BACK THE TIME WASTED.

If you are lecturer and you CHOP MONEY FOR MONTHS way u never worked, I SWEAR you are EVIL!

1 Like

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by plana1: 10:22pm On Nov 20, 2020
HigherEd:

Lol I hope you guys would realize the truth before it becomes late.

The current system where universities fully depend on payouts from the government is unsustainable and would never make the universities competitive or valuable enough to industry. Especially in a country with a surging population yet depleting economy.

As part of comprehensive reform of the Nigerian state. The emphasis on higher education needs to be lowered. Not everyone should need to go to university to amount to anything meaningful in life. People who must go there by virtue of stellar academic records should be offered scholarships.

Why would the ministry of education train with subsidy 2000 zoology students across the nation and only 1% of them end up as zoologist or researchers in Zoology. While the rest end up in banks, telcos, and everyother place where a zoology degree is never ended. How many subsidized degrees yield return on Investment for the Nigerian state. E.. g Inter rel, Physiology, Anatomy, Biochemistry etc? Tbh only strategically important degrees ought to be free in Nigerian schools. E.g Medicine, Nursing, Civil engineering.

Lets focus on our economy and generate enough value for each Nigerian to be self sufficient enough to fund their own education and stop funding unsustainable projects like ASUU.

So funding ASUU is unsustainable to you, but funding politicians and religious pilgrimage is sustainable and reasonable to you abi? You are part of the problems we are facing in this country.

9 Likes

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by TimmyA: 10:23pm On Nov 20, 2020
Happy that ASUU did not compromised cheaply to their propaganda or threats, after infringing on their agreement/contract. Kudos to ASUU

2 Likes

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by TimmyA: 10:26pm On Nov 20, 2020
Don't mind him, squandering of public resources on governance and religious frivolity is of less/no concern, but spending on human development is their problem
plana1:

So funding ASUU is unsustainable to you, but funding politicians and religious pilgrimage is sustainable and reasonable you abi?

4 Likes

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by duduade: 10:29pm On Nov 20, 2020
kolafolabi:
Good news!

Aluta Continua, Victoria Ascerta

I sight you o

This is the slogan
Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by Samfloxin(m): 10:30pm On Nov 20, 2020
jlinkd78:
Take it or leave it ASUU is the only labour union in this country everyother is simply where belle face. Congratulations ASUU for being hard and ruthless on their scrotum
One thing is for Nigerian government to agree with you, another totally different thing is for them to honour the agreement. If they do it,there won't be strike actions.

1 Like

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by MikkieEl: 10:36pm On Nov 20, 2020
ASUU should borrow NLC her president for 4weeks abeg. Congratulations to ASUU.

2 Likes

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by HigherEd: 10:41pm On Nov 20, 2020
plana1:

So funding ASUU is unsustainable to you, but funding politicians and religious pilgrimage is sustainable and reasonable to you abi? You are part of the problems we are facing in this country.
Point out the place where i said I support funding politicians and pilgrimages.

5 Likes

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by hotseat: 10:42pm On Nov 20, 2020
This should have been done long ago but the FG kept dilly dallying thereby causing untold hardship to parents, students and lecturers hoping to arm twist ASSU.

If only that lamed duck NLC could muster same courage and resilience!

However, ASSU should call off the strike only after members have certified receiving credit alerts.

This government can't be trusted.

Bravo, ASSU!

3 Likes

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by samdunzo: 10:44pm On Nov 20, 2020
HigherEd:

The current system where universities fully depend on payouts from the government is unsustainable and would never make the universities competitive or valuable enough to industry. Especially in a country with a surging population yet depleting economy.

As part of comprehensive reform of the Nigerian state. The emphasis on higher education needs to be lowered. Not everyone should need to go to university to amount to anything meaningful in life. People who must go there by virtue of stellar academic records should be offered scholarships.

Why would the ministry of education train with subsidy 2000 zoology students across the nation and only 1% of them end up as zoologist or researchers in Zoology. While the rest end up in banks, telcos, and everyother place where a zoology degree is never ended. How many subsidized degrees yield return on Investment for the Nigerian state. E.. g Inter rel, Physiology, Anatomy, Biochemistry etc? Tbh only strategically important degrees ought to be free in Nigerian schools. E.g Medicine, Nursing, Civil engineering.

Lets focus on our economy and generate enough value for each Nigerian to be self sufficient enough to fund their own education and stop funding unsustainable projects like ASUU.

100% agree. Primary and Secondary school especially should be paid attention to.... I would recommend funding for unity schools to make them the "crown jewel" of the schooling system. Plus, what happened to scholarships from cultural organizations and whatnot? Need to bring those back as well

1 Like

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by Hectarus(m): 10:47pm On Nov 20, 2020
inoki247:
NLC Thunder Fire you....

This ASUU Chairman needs to be given the man with the strongest balls of the year...

Make them sha colet dere money first before dem resume cos this Government get scamming format for hand pass Yahoo boy....

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by NwadykExcel(m): 10:48pm On Nov 20, 2020
Has ASUU called off strike?
Yes or No?
Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by enemyofprogress: 10:57pm On Nov 20, 2020
I hope they are not planning to call off the strike? I am not ready to go back to school o
Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by Bigchristo: 11:00pm On Nov 20, 2020
etokhana:

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-fg-offers-n65bn-to-end-ASUU-strike/

Congratulations to ASUU for being the only union in Nigeria that can hold the government on their balls, the rest TUC and NLC are pussy ass Unions, if they can hold their ground and stand by their words dem nor born Federal Government well to disobey their demands...corruption and bribe has made them toothless bulldogs in front of federal government.

1 Like

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by bigcasava1(m): 11:03pm On Nov 20, 2020
Please let them resume so I can collect my result. The strike have made mix out among those they will upgrade this year in my office
Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 20, 2020
HigherEd:

I see some sense in what you are saying, but your last statement is not logical. That conclusion does not reflect all you have said initially. What does "... stop funding unsustainable projects like ASUU" mean? I didn't know ASUU is a project. ASUU has been clamouring for revitalization of the university system and a stop to proliferation of universities which end up not being adequately funded; is that (the call) what you want FG to stop or something else? I don't get. You need to be clear on some of your assertions. The other thing is their EARNED allowance; are you suggesting they should not be paid what they are being owed? Besides these two things, is there any ASUU project I am not aware of?

3 Likes

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 20, 2020
NwadykExcel:
Has ASUU called off strike?
Yes or No?
No... They have not... They want to go and consult with their members and give feedback later

1 Like

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by frog12: 11:14pm On Nov 20, 2020
the govt is confused. they should take one stand and stand by it.

jchioma:
Wahala for govt which after all dere gra gra, still come back to terms laid by ASUU from day one. Why all the waste of time, resources and lives?
Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by Anwons(m): 11:16pm On Nov 20, 2020
Not yet time to celebrate. FG is failure personified. Until they pay first. Kudos to ASUU, the only living union in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by cornial2000: 11:18pm On Nov 20, 2020
I pray it works out. Nigeria is a state you can't trust

1 Like

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by gbagyiza: 11:19pm On Nov 20, 2020
To me, this is not good news. The fact still stands that university certificates can't guarantee your success. As you prepare to resume know that Nigerian universities train n prepare a student for a white-collar which r not available.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by pochoo: 11:34pm On Nov 20, 2020
jlinkd78:

This is how they continue to hurt the education in Nigeria.
Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by SirWarlock: 11:39pm On Nov 20, 2020
Fifthwave:

Nigerian public universities will not improve in anyway. ASUU only fights for their pocket and not for the improvement of our universities.
Nah grin. Don't you know after all these Nigerians varsities will boom grin. Year after year grin.
Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by SirWarlock: 11:40pm On Nov 20, 2020
Rockyfancino:
The last time, they said it will take 8 weeks for UTAS testing to be completed, they even said UTAS doesn't have hardware. lol These people are just playing.
UTAS hasn't been implemented yet
Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:44pm On Nov 20, 2020
faceURfront:

I see some sense in what you are saying, but your last statement is not logical. That conclusion does not reflect all you have said initially. What does "... stop funding unsustainable projects like ASUU" mean? I didn't know ASUU is a project. ASUU has been clamouring for revitalization of the university system and a stop to proliferation of universities which end up not being adequately funded; is that (the call) what you want FG to stop or something else? I don't get. You need to be clear on some of your assertions. The other thing is their EARNED allowance; are you suggesting they should not be paid what they are being owed? Besides these two things, is there any ASUU project I am not aware of?
Simple all universities should be privatised or pp run
Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by SirWarlock: 11:45pm On Nov 20, 2020
jchioma:
Wahala for govt which after all dere gra gra, still come back to terms laid by ASUU from day one. Why all the waste of time, resources and lives?
Nah this just gives room for them not to fulfill their agreements completely. Clearly they didn't really have money for the union but now they're trying to cough some more out? Well we'll see I hope this passes quickly sad.

1 Like

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 20, 2020
Fifthwave:

Nigerian public universities will not improve in anyway. ASUU only fights for their pocket and not for the improvement of our universities.

You think this because you are living in an alternate universe. Come back ooo
Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by SirWarlock: 11:48pm On Nov 20, 2020
faceURfront:

FG should stop states from building varsities? undecided. I agree there should be a rethink concerning that but what exactly do they want FG to do about it.
Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by Nobody: 11:55pm On Nov 20, 2020
SirWarlock:
FG should stop states from building varsities? undecided. I agree there should be a rethink concerning that but what exactly do they want FG to do about it.

NUC, an FG regulatory body gives licenses to these state schools to operate even when most of them do not have the capacity to operate. At the end of the day, it is these same schools that start seeking for visiting lecturers. Afterwards, we start complaining that lecturers are visiting in several schools. It is just a vicious circle!

We need to stop this madness! FG needs to sit down and really address this issue of higher education in this country because it no longer makes sense! In 10 years from now, our postgraduate degrees in the sciences and engineering would be almost worthless because we would be just too backward in our research to be of any relevance to the reality on ground. Something has to give.

1 Like

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by Nchenches: 12:03am On Nov 21, 2020
HigherEd:

You never had stellar credentials when you got into the university, considering what and how you wrote.
Most of Nigeria shall be under-educated if you are made Minister of Education or even president of Nigeria.

The more the population in a society get higher education, the more governable the society becomes.
Higher education is the key to development of a country.

Many Nigerians who received university education in Nigeria, however poor the university facilities, excel in the developed countries in their jobs.

Scholarship to only stellar students to go to university is not it. Students loans to university students is it.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FCT Teachers Chase Out Pupils From Classrooms (Photos) / My Jamb Results :i'm Crying / How You Study When You have a Ph.D in Reading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.