Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,037 members, 7,956,849 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:36 PM

Christians, Say After Me- "Hail Mary, full of Grace!" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Say After Me- "Hail Mary, full of Grace!" (1047 Views)

The Hail Mary Prayer / Prophetess Mary Olujuwon Olubori's Husband Grabs Her Boobs Even After 6 Kids / Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, Say After Me- "Hail Mary, full of Grace!" by Nawa4nl: 8:03pm On Nov 28, 2020
rubbish Catholic heresy
Re: Christians, Say After Me- "Hail Mary, full of Grace!" by Kobojunkiee: 8:22pm On Nov 28, 2020
holyDaniel:
May God have mercy on you, the woman that born Jesus is not with the spirit of God? God have mercy on your soul.
God's mercy resides on the lives of both the wicked and the righteous of this world. So saying things like "God have mercy on your soul" means nothing - it is absolutely meaningless talk -- because God does not need you to tell Him who His mercy should fall upon and who it should not. He is God for Pete's sake and He does not care what your opinion of these things are. He does not favour any man in any way. Even the very wicked enjoy His mercy.
holyDaniel:
Mary is full of the Holy spirit she is chosen to be as the Angle rightly said.
Luke 1:27-30,34-35
[27]to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the name of the virgin was Mary.
[28]And upon entering, the Angel said to her: "Hail, full of grace. The Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women."
[29]And when she had heard this, she was disturbed by his words, and she considered what kind of greeting this might be.
[30]And the Angel said to her: "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found grace with God.
[34]Then Mary said to the Angel, "How shall this be done, since I do not know man?"
[35]And in response, the Angel said to her: "The Holy Spirit will pass over you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. And because of this also, the Holy One who will be born of you shall be called the Son of God.
Is is the spirit in her that inspired this.
Am I the only one who sees the line there where it says "The Holy Spirit WILL PASS OVER YOU". How do you reconcile that with your assertion, "mary is full of the Holy Spirit"?undecided

How could mary have been "full of the Spirit of God" even before the birth of the one who is the New Covenant, and long before the New Covenant had been ratified on the cross? Jesus Christ, the one she birthed, did not even become full of the Spirit of God until His baptism about 30/33 years later, why would His mother, have needed to be "full of the Spirit of God" if all she had to do was birth the baby?
holyDaniel:
The Magnificat:
Luke 1:46-55
[46]And Mary said: "My soul magnifies the Lord.
[47]And my spirit leaps for joy in God my Saviour.
[48]For he has looked with favor on the humility of his handmaid. For behold, from this time, all generations shall call me blessed.
[49]For he who is great has done great things for me, and holy is his name.
[50]And his mercy is from generation to generations for those who fear him.
[51]He has accomplished powerful deeds with his arm. He has scattered the arrogant in the intentions of their heart.
[52]He has deposed the powerful from their seat, and he has exalted the humble.
[53]He has filled the hungry with good things, and the rich he has sent away empty.
[54]He has taken up his servant Israel, mindful of his mercy,
[55]just as he spoke to our fathers: to Abraham and to his offspring forever."
I think you need to listen to Mary. If she had indeed been "Full of the Spirit of God" she would not have referenced her own spirit in verse 47.
holyDaniel:
Is it still the Holy spirit in her that made her to cause the first miracle of Jesus in cana [1]John 2:1-8 And on the third day, a wedding was held in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there.
[2]Now Jesus was also invited to the wedding, with his disciples.
[3]And when the wine was failing, the mother of Jesus said to him, "They have no wine."
[4]And Jesus said to her: "What is that to me and to you, woman? My hour has not yet arrived."
[5]His mother said to the servants, "Do whatever he tells you."
[6]Now in that place, there were six stone water jars, for the purification ritual of the Jews, containing two or three measures each.
[7]Jesus said to them, "Fill the water jars with water." And they filled them to the very top.
[8]And Jesus said to them, "Now draw from it, and carry it to the chief steward of the feast." And they took it to him.
Beloved its is wrong of You to call this woman a Judaism even after delivering to the world the saviour.
Mary caused a miracle? So, it was not that Jesus Christ did the miracle, but instead, it is that Mary "caused" the miracle to happen? shocked
Wait a second... so did the many blind and lame "cause" a miracle when Jesus Christ decided to heal them too?
Did the demons also cause a miracle when Jesus Christ chose to force them out from their victims?
Re: Christians, Say After Me- "Hail Mary, full of Grace!" by holyDaniel: 8:30pm On Nov 28, 2020
MrPRevailer:

Mary is not praying for you. Her works are over. She is resting.

Hebrews 4:10
"For he that is entered into his rest, he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from his. he that."

The Bible said we have ONE ONE ONE (1) advocate and intecessor; Jesus Christ. Why don't you just pray only to Jesus Christ and escape unnecessary danger/mistake that can cost you your soul, for eternity

Colossians 2:18
"Let no man beguile you of your reward in a @voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind"
The respect and veneration given to Mary doesn't in any way means that we doesn't go to God for in prayer. Each time we pray inviting the saints to pray with us we know we are praying to Jesus. And there are billion of miracles to this. My brother it's the soul that doesn't believe in the resurrection of the death through Jesus. And the soul that doesn't love the Lord thou God and thy neighbour that we go to hell.
Re: Christians, Say After Me- "Hail Mary, full of Grace!" by holyDaniel: 9:13pm On Nov 28, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
God's mercy resides on the lives of both the wicked and the righteous of this world. So saying things like "God have mercy on your soul" means nothing - it is absolutely meaningless talk -- because God does not need you to tell Him who His mercy should fall upon and who it should not. He is God for Pete's sake and He does not care what your opinion of these things are. He does not favour any man in any way. Even the very wicked enjoy His mercy.
Am I the only one who sees the line there where it says "The Holy Spirit WILL PASS OVER YOU". How do you reconcile that with your assertion, "mary is full of the Holy Spirit"?undecided

How could mary have been "full of the Spirit of God" even before the birth of the one who is the New Covenant, and long before the New Covenant had been ratified on the cross? Jesus Christ, the one she birthed, did not even become full of the Spirit of God until His baptism about 30/33 years later, why would His mother, have needed to be "full of the Spirit of God" if all she had to do was birth the baby?
I think you need to listen to Mary. If she had indeed been "Full of the Spirit of God" she would not have referenced her own spirit in verse 47.
Mary caused a miracle? So, it was not that Jesus Christ did the miracle, but instead, it is that Mary "caused" the miracle to happen? shocked
Wait a second... so did the many blind and lame "cause" a miracle when Jesus Christ decided to heal them too?
Did the demons also cause a miracle when Jesus Christ chose to force them out from their victims?

The miracle was because of the intercession of Mary, Jesus Christ never wanted to start his ministry by them but due to the love he has for her mother he performed the miracle.
Re: Christians, Say After Me- "Hail Mary, full of Grace!" by holyDaniel: 9:16pm On Nov 28, 2020
Kobojunkiee:

deliberately used dis standard just to see what your reaction will be. This is what Revised version said Luke 1: 35 and the Angle said to her "the holy spirit will come upon you and the power of the most high will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy, the son of God. How the the spirit pass and never dwell and yet the son of man dwell in her womb for nine good month?
Re: Christians, Say After Me- "Hail Mary, full of Grace!" by Kobojunkiee: 9:45pm On Nov 28, 2020
holyDaniel:
deliberately used dis standard just to see what your reaction will be. This is what Revised version said Luke 1: 35 and the Angle said to her "the holy spirit will come upon you and the power of the most high will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy, the son of God. How the the spirit pass and never dwell and yet the son of man dwell in her womb for nine good month?
undecided
Nice try but you still fail to see what is right in front of you there.
It says, "the holy spirit will come upon you", still completely different to your earlier statement claiming Mary was "full of the Spirit of God".

There are so many examples of what you describe in the Old Testament. If you look closely, you will find them.

A notable one is found in the book of 1 Samuel, The Spirit of God made Saul prophesy

1 Samuel 10:10 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10. When Saul and his servant came to Gibeath Elohim, Saul met a group of prophets. God’s Spirit came on Saul with great power, and Saul prophesied with the prophets.
Again, only this time He made Saul become super angry

1 Samuel 11:6 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16. Saul listened to their story. Then God’s Spirit came on him with great power. Saul became very angry.
And again near Ramah

1 Samuel 19:19-21 (ERV)
19. Saul heard that David was there in the camps near Ramah.
20. So he sent some men to arrest David. But when they came to the camps, there was a group of prophets prophesying.[a] Samuel was standing there leading the group. The Spirit of God came on Saul’s messengers and they began prophesying.
21. Saul heard about this, so he sent other messengers, but they also began prophesying. So Saul sent messengers a third time, and they also began prophesying.
From Saul's example, one can deduce that when the Spirit of God comes upon a person, it is to make the person do that which the person would not ordinarily do at that point in time - that which is out of the ordinary. In Mary's case, the Spirit of God came upon her, much as He did King Saul of old, causing Mary to have a child, something out of the ordinary.

Obviously, from considering the case of Saul in the Old Testament, one can also deduce that when the Spirit of God comes upon a person to do the extraordinary, He in no way alters the entirety of that person i.e. transforms the human into a holy being. So the claim that when the spirit comes upon one implies the person is "filled with the Spirit of God" is false, and Saul's case proves this.

By the way, since it is recorded that the Spirit of God came upon King Saul on numerous occasions, why isn't he venerated and glorified by your church in much the same way as Mary?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oh Lord Pls Heal My Breast / Countdown To Shiloh 2022 / Atheists- Gather Here And Answer This Simple Question �

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.