Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,093 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. (864 Views)

The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold / Apostle Suleman Praying In His Private Jet. Video Emerges (Photos) / Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by Faccouk(m): 7:39pm On Mar 29, 2021
Let me start by opening this thread in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. I welcome you all to a new journey and a different approach in the dimension of Tongues.

Curious minds, you want to know why you should pray in tongues? Why it’s necessary to speak in tongues, Singing in tongues and as well Invoking in tongues (1Corinth 14:39).
I was once curious as you’re about “Tongues” but please know this first, your focus and goal in speaking or praying in tongues is not against demons or whatsoever enemies you might have encountered or yet to encounter but all for the Glory of God. Yes, tongues help in situations against powers of darkness and in the physical realm but that’s not the main reason why you need to speak in tongues, this is part of it “Jude 1:20” Luke 18:1, Luke 21:36 & Ephesians 6:18.

Let me elaborate on “Luke 18:1” Jesus Christ was a man of mysteries and parables, you need the help of the Holy Spirit to decipher the Bible scriptures, especially that of Christ, so many don’t take into details why that scripture started with “And He spake a parable unto them”, here shows He hid the real meaning of what He was saying, except by the help of the Holy Spirit. Now to a babe in Christendom, would interpret such scripture as “ He meant you need to pray regularly and not sleep during midnight but pray” yea that’s fair but does not carry the true intent of what he was portraying in there. Like I said earlier you need the help of he Holy Spirit to interpret and get more Revelation from the Holy Bible. Luke 18:1 in all clarity you can’t be praying all the time because the flesh can’t but needs rest, what Jesus was portraying in there is this, “your Spirit-man ought to be praying and not be idle, Spirit doesn’t sleep but the body does” for the spirit to always pray it needs to be energised by you praying in tongues to help in filling up your spiritual capacity.

I will continue from here stay tuned.

1 Like

Re: The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by Faccouk(m): 4:07pm On Mar 30, 2021
Back to what I was saying earlier on, you need divine insight to unravel the true meaning of the Bible as a whole.
Now concerning speaking or praying in Tongues, you need to understand that being a Christian you must be baptised of the Holy Ghost, not for just Tongues but an access to Heavenly Hosts.
Let me start by saying there are three kinds of tongues which I would prove with Bible scriptures 1Corinth 12:10b.

1. New tongues: Mark 16:17, just as a child grows and become an adult in the physical. So it’s in the Spirit realm, a child doesn’t speak proper words but blab, so as the child grows he/she begins to speak what could be understood. Same goes in speaking in tongues, you migrate from new, other and then Unknown tongues. New tongues is just the starter of tongues.

2. Other Tongues: Acts 2:4 & 1Corinth 14:21, this is the next in line after the “New Tongues”, other tongues are the languages of men in which they can understand. In here the Holy Ghost channels your tongues into another language far distinct from yours, either to communicate with someone of such language for edification, warning or instruction. Here you can see someone who’s a Nigerian speaking Arabic, German, Portuguese etc, that’s the perfection of the Holy Ghost.
Note: Demons or Angels can grasp when you pray or speak in “New or Other Tongues”. That’s why you need to grow & migrate to the highest by God’s Grace which is Unknown Tongues.

3. Unknown Tongue: 1Corinth 14:2, some Christians are yet to get to this phase. You might say is it by force, Paul gave insight into it 1Corinth 12:1. Everyday in the things of God we ought to grow and never remain in the level we were as of last year, months or weeks. The unknown tongue is a direct communication to God Only and nobody else can understand, for even in the spirit realm it’s mystery. It’s in this session the Holy Ghost pray you through directly to God in things that you need, because you don’t even know what you need yourself but the Holy Ghost do know. Romans 8: 26-27. You need money to buy under-wears and you’re praying in the Church among brethren, will you say such? Lol no way, but you see in there the Holy Spirit will help you pray through in unknown tongues, that nobody else can decipher what you’re praying for not even the devils. If Daniel had prayed in “Unknown Tongues” no prince of Persia would have try to resist Daniel’s Angel on assignment. So it’s needed of us to ask God for the Grace to grow and build up in tongues, remember It’s also a Gift “Divers Kinds of Tongues 1Corinth 12:10b” that’s why you need to crave for it.

I will continue later from here, stay tuned. Shalom

1 Like

Re: The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by Faccouk(m): 6:00pm On Mar 30, 2021
On this series of Tongues I will be unravelling insightful subject about tongues, real event that occurred in my life and recent events. What speaking in tongues does in the Physical and Spiritual realm, as well as the outcome.
Questions on this subject is allowed, you’re free to as well as to share your experiences and opinions, based on the topic.
Re: The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:00pm On Mar 30, 2021
All tongues are known natural languages . If you are speaking in unknown unnatural language , you are just blabbing : glossolalia - this isn't from the Holy Spirit . The primary reason for speaking in these known natural language unknown to the speaker was to help spread the gospel to people who would understand the language.

Praying in tongues is no different from praying in a natural language you are familiar with : you are still communicating the same issues to God but in a different known natural language .

Focus on possessing the other gifts of the spirit like love , joy , peace and stop this unhealthy obsession with speaking in tongues .

5 Likes

Re: The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by Kobojunkie: 6:20pm On Mar 30, 2021
Faccouk:
Let me start by opening this thread in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. I welcome you all to a new journey and a different approach in the dimension of Tongues.

Curious minds, you want to know why you should pray in tongues? Why it’s necessary to speak in tongues, Singing in tongues and as well Invoking in tongues (1Corinth 14:39).
I was once curious as you’re about “Tongues” but please know this first, your focus and goal in speaking or praying in tongues is not against demons or whatsoever enemies you might have encountered or yet to encounter but all for the Glory of God. Yes, tongues help in situations against powers of darkness and in the physical realm but that’s not the main reason why you need to speak in tongues, this is part of it “Jude 1:20” Luke 18:1, Luke 21:36 & Ephesians 6:18.

Let me elaborate on “Luke 18:1” Jesus Christ was a man of mysteries and parables, you need the help of the Holy Spirit to decipher the Bible scriptures, especially that of Christ, so many don’t take into details why that scripture started with “And He spake a parable unto them”, here shows He hid the real meaning of what He was saying, except by the help of the Holy Spirit. Now to a babe in Christendom, would interpret such scripture as “ He meant you need to pray regularly and not sleep during midnight but pray” yea that’s fair but does not carry the true intent of what he was portraying in there. Like I said earlier you need the help of he Holy Spirit to interpret and get more Revelation from the Holy Bible. Luke 18:1 in all clarity you can’t be praying all the time because the flesh can’t but needs rest, what Jesus was portraying in there is this, “your Spirit-man ought to be praying and not be idle, Spirit doesn’t sleep but the body does” for the spirit to always pray it needs to be energised by you praying in tongues to help in filling up your spiritual capacity.

I will continue from here stay tuned.
This still does not make sense as far as what Jesus Christ said in Luke 18. And the main reason is simply that Jesus Himself did do what you claim He said. undecided
As for the spirit of man never needing sleep, where do you get that from? Provide bible reference please. lipsrsealed

As for the claims you made where understanding the parables is concerned, anyone who sincerely wishes to can worl with at least basic understanding gained by applying basic human language comprehension skills. Jesus Christ Himself did say that you should use the understanding you have first and the rest will be added meaning that anyone can gain a basic understanding of the parables by paying attention to the details and the plot as well as context - babe or not . undecided
Re: The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by Faccouk(m): 8:51pm On Mar 30, 2021
Are you a genuine Christian or just a troll? Be precise with your answer.
Kobojunkie:
This still does not make sense as far as what Jesus Christ said in Luke 18. And the main reason is simply that Jesus Himself did do what you claim He said. undecided
As for the spirit of man never needing sleep, where do you get that from? Provide bible reference please. lipsrsealed

As for the claims you made where understanding the parables is concerned, anyone who sincerely wishes to can worl with at least basic understanding gained by applying basic human language comprehension skills. Jesus Christ Himself did say that you should use the understanding you have first and the rest will be added meaning that anyone can gain a basic understanding of the parables by paying attention to the details and the plot as well as context - babe or not . undecided
Re: The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by Kobojunkie: 8:59pm On Mar 30, 2021
Faccouk:
Are you a genuine Christian or just a troll? Be precise with your answer.
Focus on responding to the post rather than on trying to read the mind of the one who submitted the post. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by Faccouk(m): 9:03pm On Mar 30, 2021
I’m amazed by your opinion but you still lack the essence of what I was actually portraying. Your first phrase is digressing and misleading. Don’t quote or oppose me if you keep on contradicting yourself and sharing your opinion with your limit knowledge. Ask and you shall be receive, seek and yea shall find. Shalom
KingEbukasBlog:
All tongues are known natural languages . If you are speaking in unknown unnatural language , you are just blabbing : glossolalia - this isn't from the Holy Spirit . The primary reason for speaking in these known natural language unknown to the speaker was to help spread the gospel to people who would understand the language.

Praying in tongues is no different from praying in a natural language you are familiar with : you are still communicating the same issues to God but in a different known natural language .

Focus on possessing the other gifts of the spirit like love , joy , peace and stop this unhealthy obsession with speaking in tongues .

Re: The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by Kobojunkie: 9:12pm On Mar 30, 2021
Faccouk:
I’m amazed by your opinion but you still lack the essence of what I was actually portraying. Your first phrase is digressing and misleading. Don’t quote or oppose me if you keep on contradicting yourself and sharing your opinion with your limit knowledge. Ask and you shall be receive, seek and yea shall find. Shalom
Why didn't you attempt the points he posed. He told you, and I believe rightly that your praying in tongues is no different from praying in another human language, only in the case of tongues, it is an unlearned language, but all the same human. undecided
Re: The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by Faccouk(m): 9:15pm On Mar 30, 2021
1Corinth 8:2 “And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.”
Don’t feel like you “Woke” when you not, try and learn in all humility, then you grow more. I have seen lot of people on this platform claiming to be “Woke” but know nothing, only get little information from what they read or what someone said but have no genuine experience of such. That’s what is affecting the Church of Today, no research, no experience, no humility, small knowledge and they think they have arrived in the School of Revelation. Smh
I kinda had some encounters with some person on here, because a person doesn’t fill up “Nairaland forum” with unguarded topics doesn’t mean they know nothing. Most of the time I see write up and I want to comment but keep my peace in other not to argue, because I can never argue with any person on here concerning the Bible, it’s unethical and shows such person lacks wisdom.
Re: The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by Faccouk(m): 9:21pm On Mar 30, 2021
Do you know why Jesus Christ don’t always answer the Pharisees and Sadducees? Their reasoning of things are beneath Him and if He kept replying them, He would look and sound like a fool.
Hope you get my point now.
Kobojunkie:
Why didn't you attempt the points he posed. He told you, and I believe rightly that your praying in tongues is no different from praying in another human language, only in the case of tongues, it is an unlearned language, but all the same human. undecided
Re: The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by Kobojunkie: 9:22pm On Mar 30, 2021
Faccouk:
1Corinth 8:2 “And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.”
Don’t feel like you “Woke” when you not, try and learn in all humility, then you grow more. I have seen lot of people on this platform claiming to be “Woke” but know nothing, only get little information from what they read or what someone said but have no genuine experience of such. That’s what is affecting the Church of Today, no research, no experience, no humility, small knowledge and they think they have arrived in the School of Revelation. Smh
I kinda had some encounters with some person on here, because a person doesn’t fill up “Nairaland forum” with unguarded topics doesn’t mean they no nothing. Most of the time I see write up and I want to comment but keep my peace in other not to argue, because I can never argue with any person on here concerning the Bible, it’s unethical and shows such person lacks wisdom.
I am afraid you are seriously mistaken there. The problem with your churches is that they are built and trained on the doctrines and traditions of men, and not the teachings of Jesus Christ Himself. undecided

Jesus Christ warned you against these doctrines and traditions which many of you run to for meaning as far as His Truth is concerned, pretending you do so by His Spirit. But we know the Spirit of Truth would never teach that which is against the teachings/commandments of Jesus Christ because after all Jesus Christ is Truyh and the Spirit is the very Teachings/commandments of Jesus Christ,the New Covenant that is Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided

Your humility and obedience ought not to be with men but into God for God alone is established one and only Teacher to those who are His followers - who accept(trust) and obey His teachings . undecided
Re: The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by Kobojunkie: 9:25pm On Mar 30, 2021
Faccouk:
Do you know why Jesus Christ don’t always answer the Pharisees and Sadducees? Their reasoning of things are beneath Him and if He kept replying them, He would look and sound like a fool.
Wrong! Jesus Christ never suggested that there reasoning was beneath Him. Please stop confusing your conceit with the mind of Jesus Christ. undecided

From what we read instead, Jesus Christ knew when they asked sincerely , and when to take advantage of their deceit in teaching them and those around at the time. undecided
Re: The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:29pm On Mar 30, 2021
Faccouk:

Please spot the contradiction and show us the abundant knowledge you possess . Shalom

2 Likes

Re: The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by Faccouk(m): 9:46pm On Mar 30, 2021
To Whom It Might Concern, If you still don’t get this lemme elaborate a bit, the things of God are not mere things to joke nor to argue with. You can argue and disregard so many things but not the things that are attributed to God Almighty. If you want to learn, be patience, ask vital question and don’t try to feel like you know something when it shows you know no jack.
Faccouk:
Re: The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by Kobojunkie: 10:04pm On Mar 30, 2021
Faccouk:
To Whom It Might Concern, If you still don’t get this lemme elaborate a bit, the things of God are not mere things to joke nor to argue with. You can argue and disregard so many things but not the things that are attributed to God Almighty. If you want to learn, be patience, ask vital question and don’t try to feel like you know something when it shows you know no jack.
I agree that that which concerns the Kingdom of God should never be confused with that which is of the kingdom and minds of men. And that is why God Himself declared that His followers, learn,not from men, but from Him..He will teach those who will follow Him in His New Covenant about Himself- said God Himself. Jeremiah 31 vs 31-34.
Re: The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by hoopernikao: 12:46am On Mar 31, 2021
KingEbukasBlog:

You mean he should neglect what the Bible teaches severally to covet and earnestly desire to have?
Re: The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by hoopernikao: 12:48am On Mar 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Was tongues ever taught as human language from the scriptures. In all teachings of tongues in the Bible, was it ever taught as human language.
Re: The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by Kobojunkie: 1:03am On Mar 31, 2021
hoopernikao:

Was tongues ever taught as human language from the scriptures. In all teachings of tongues in the Bible, was it ever taught as human language.
What teachings of Tongues? undecided

Jesus Christ, the one whom you claim to serve said those who believe in Him will speak new tongues. That was the extent of His teachings on tongues but when you read what has been written of tongues, you realize that He was addressing men, He was in fact speaking of tongues of men as in languages and not gibberish! undecided

We read in Genesis 11, that God set confusion on the tongue of men, an act which resulted in the creation of other tongues/languages of men. undecided

In acts of the Apostles, we told of the Apostles speaking in different tongues/languages, languages which when spoken were understood by visitors, gathered in Jerusalem ar the time from different corners of the world. undecided
Re: The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by Faccouk(m): 7:51am On Mar 31, 2021
1Corinth 8:2 proves about their hypocrisy. You don’t know and yet still don’t wanna know but kept on arguing and criticising what you have no clue about, bro just leave such.
hoopernikao:

You mean he should neglect what the Bible teaches severally to covet and earnestly desire to have?
Re: The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by Faccouk(m): 8:03am On Mar 31, 2021
How you go about degrading other people’s threads and agreeing with threads that contradict the very basic of Christians. I’m glad this just prove your true intentions. Now kindly resist from polluting this Godly thread with your misconceptions. Not everyone is normal, because I’m not, not everyone you tryna catch cruise with, I’m different. You can take this as a warning or threat, that’s to you but just stop there and keep quiet. Revelation 2:29
Kobojunkie:

Jesus Christ, the one whom you claim to serve said those who believe in Him will speak new tongues. That was the extent of His teachings on tongues but when you read what has been written of tongues, you realize that He was addressing men, He was in fact speaking of tongues of men as in languages and not gibberish! undecided

We read in Genesis 11, that God set confusion on the tongue of men, an act which resulted in the creation of other tongues/languages of men. undecided

In acts of the Apostles, we told of the Apostles speaking in different tongues/languages, languages which when spoken were understood by visitors, gathered in Jerusalem ar the time from different corners of the world. undecided
Re: The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by Kobojunkie: 8:07am On Mar 31, 2021
Faccouk:
How you go about degrading other people’s threads and agreeing with threads that contradict the very basic of Christians. I’m glad this just prove your true intentions. Now kindly resist from polluting this Godly thread with your misconceptions. Not everyone is normal, because I’m not, not everyone you tryna catch cruise with, I’m different. You can take this as a warning or threat, that’s to you but just stop there and keep quiet. Revelation 2:29
Can't seem to make heads or tails of any of what you cobbled up there in your comment. Anyways, again....
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid you are seriously mistaken there. The problem with your churches is that they are built and trained on the doctrines and traditions of men, and not the teachings of Jesus Christ Himself. undecided

Jesus Christ warned you against these doctrines and traditions which many of you run to for meaning as far as His Truth is concerned, pretending you do so by His Spirit. But we know the Spirit of Truth would never teach that which is against the teachings/commandments of Jesus Christ because after all Jesus Christ is Truyh and the Spirit is the very Teachings/commandments of Jesus Christ,the New Covenant that is Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided

Your humility and obedience ought not to be with men but into God for God alone is established one and only Teacher to those who are His followers - who accept(trust) and obey His teachings . undecided
Re: The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by hoopernikao: 11:58am On Mar 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:

You have a way of not answering question when you were asked. If you raise a point and you are questioned, it's on you to put up a defence of that.

The Mark 16 you quoted as Christ teaching, can you explain how this is referring to tongues of men. What I need is explanation of any teaching in the scriptures that point to tongues as human language. Kindly explain how Jesus statement means tongues of men with scripture and verse.
Re: The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by Kobojunkie: 2:40pm On Mar 31, 2021
hoopernikao:

You have a way of not answering question when you were asked. If you raise a point and you are questioned, it's on you to put up a defence of that.

The Mark 16 you quoted as Christ teaching, can you explain how this is referring to tongues of men. What I need is explanation of any teaching in the scriptures that point to tongues as human language. Kindly explain how Jesus statement means tongues of men with scripture and verse.
Are you blind or something? undecided

Kobojunkie:

Re: The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by hoopernikao: 8:12am On Apr 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Are you blind or something? undecided

So much from a man following Jesus commandment.

I hope your "are you blind" is drawn from your 48 commandment of Jesus.

You are only walking in your own desire and using scriptures to twist and pursue a selfish purpose or undo a wrong experience you selfishly acquired.

No one is responsible for that, you are. So, if you haven't seen a true gathering of believers than your self entered experience that troubles you, no one will heal you of that until you take the healing available to you. Sadly God's healing for that is what you are rejecting which is Christian gathering.

Christ didn't die for a perfect people, he died to perfect people his church. Hence, looking around for a perfect gathering is deception in itself.

Bro, it's obvious in your utterance, you aren't following any Jesus commandment but yours mixed with some scriptures to support your purpose.
Re: The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 01, 2021
hoopernikao:

If tongues were not human languages how come many non-Jewish visitors to Jerusalem heard the disciples speaking in their own dialects after being baptised by the Holy Spirit? Except if you're telling us those visitors were spirits.

1 Like

Re: The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by Faccouk(m): 11:57am On Apr 01, 2021
Kindly note that speaking in tongues doesn’t mean you’re saved from hell, you can still speak in tongues and commit atrocities. Divers kinds of Tongues are gifts, doesn’t mean you have a close relationship with God, Romans 11:29 KJV
[29] For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. Reason why I’m not moved when someone speak in tongues, how genuine is your relationship with God, does your speaking in tongues carries power that shake the kingdom of darkness or just for noise sake? I will talk more of this later on. Oh
Paul sensed the hypocrisy in the church as of then in Corinthians and admonished, you speak so much in tongues but yet sin dwell within you, 1Corinth 14.
Your pastor or church leader tells you to start speaking in tongues, you just start blabbing, you don’t even allow the Holy Spirit to give you utterances as He did in Acts of the Apostles, Acts 2:4KJV “And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.” They didn’t just start speaking in tongues anyhow but as the Holy Ghost gave them utterances, “utterances” power or style of speaking. Now you see so many people are just speaking and praying in tongues out of the flesh and not of the Spirit. Here’s why must Christians haven’t enter into the realm of praying in unknown tongues. You only stop at “New and Unknown tongues” yet you feel like you have arrived.
If you know the effect of tongues, you will crave genuinely for it, not to impress people but express the power of God.
Re: The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by Kobojunkie: 2:16pm On Apr 01, 2021
hoopernikao:

So much from a man following Jesus commandment.
I hope your "are you blind" is drawn from your 48 commandment of Jesus.
You are only walking in your own desire and using scriptures to twist and pursue a selfish purpose or undo a wrong experience you selfishly acquired.
No one is responsible for that, you are. So, if you haven't seen a true gathering of believers than your self entered experience that troubles you, no one will heal you of that until you take the healing available to you. Sadly God's healing for that is what you are rejecting which is Christian gathering.
What has your rambling here to do with the speaking of tongues mentioned by Jesus Christ, the one who declared He and He alone is Teacher to all those who belong to Him? undecided

Matthew 23 vs 8-12
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8. But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brothers.[c]
9. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.
10. Neither be called instructors(teachers), for you have one instructor(Teacher), the Christ.
11. The greatest among you shall be your servant.
12. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
What is wrong with asking if you are blind? And what part of Jesus Christ's teachings leads you to assume you cannot do that? Recall that the same Jesus Christ called the Pharisees White-painted-Sepulchres". undecided
John, the Baptist, even called them "brood of Vipers " which in our today's speak translates to something like "Sons of Bi-tches".. grin
hoopernikao:
Christ didn't die for a perfect people, he died to perfect people his church. Hence, looking around for a perfect gathering is deception in itself. Bro, it's obvious in your utterance, you aren't following any Jesus commandment but yours mixed with some scriptures to support your purpose.
The same Jesus Christ commanded that all of His followers become Perfect just as the Father in Heaven is perfect, and He even explained how exactly all can become so. undecided
As for gatherings, I never suggested I was looking anywhere for a gathering, let alone a perfect one. So, again, stop with the ramblings and learn instead to focus on the issue/topic.
Look, If you have nothing meaningful, it is ok to just move on. undecided
Re: The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by hoopernikao: 11:59pm On Apr 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:

What has your rambling here to do with the speaking of tongues mentioned by Jesus Christ, the one who declared He and He alone is Teacher to all those who belong to Him? undecided

What is wrong with asking if you are blind? And what part of Jesus Christ's teachings leads you to assume you cannot do that? Recall that the same Jesus Christ called the Pharisees White-painted-Sepulchres". undecided
John, the Baptist, even called them "brood of Vipers " which in our today's speak translates to something like "Sons of Bi-tches".. grin
The same Jesus Christ commanded that all of His followers become Perfect just as the Father in Heaven is perfect, and He even explained how exactly all can become so. undecided
As for gatherings, I never suggested I was looking anywhere for a gathering, let alone a perfect one. So, again, stop with the ramblings and learn instead to focus on the issue/topic.
Look, If you have nothing meaningful, it is ok to just move on. undecided

Your insincerity already coming in the open.

You asked "are you blind".
I asked
"did Jesus command you to act like this or say such words"

Your response
"Jesus called pharisees...."

But I am sure he didn't command you of such but you do it because you saw him do.

Now below.

I asked
"why do you argue against gathering of believers"

You responded
"Jesus didn't command such"

I showed you from the scriptures, that Jesus practiced this severally.

Your responses,
"it wasn't commanded"

Do you see your insincerity. You only pick things as suited to you. You can practice one because you saw it in him but can't practice other e en though it's more emphatic in Jesus practices.

You aren't following Jesus o in this action. You only picking and feeding on selfishness and insincerity. I hope you change and change fast.
Re: The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by Kobojunkie: 12:28am On Apr 02, 2021
hoopernikao:

Your insincerity already coming in the open.

You asked "are you blind".
I asked
"did Jesus command you to act like this or say such words"

Your response
"Jesus called pharisees...."

But I am sure he didn't command you of such but you do it because you saw him do.

Now below.

I asked
"why do you argue against gathering of believers"

You responded
"Jesus didn't command such"

I showed you from the scriptures, that Jesus practiced this severally.

Your responses,
"it wasn't commanded"

Do you see your insincerity. You only pick things as suited to you. You can practice one because you saw it in him but can't practice other e en though it's more emphatic in Jesus practices.

You aren't following Jesus o in this action. You only picking and feeding on selfishness and insincerity. I hope you change and change fast.
To the first issue... Jesus Christ gave no commands against my asking you whether you are blind nor my calling you a "son of a biatch" either. Now, following his example, I choose to do so. undecided

Where there are no commands given, you are not to add one- it is a sin to do so. So when you find that Jesus Christ never provides a command for anything, it means He leaves it up to individuals to choose. undecided

For example, Jesus Christ didn't have a problem with the drinking of Alcohol, but I don't currently drink it, even though from His example there is nothing wrong with it, and my reason is simple- I have no taste for it yet. Does that help you? undecided

Again, I am not an idiot that you would attempt to con me with the so called scriptures you claim mandate gatherings. The fact is Jesus Christ never mandated such and again, even thought he was found gathered with people and understandably so in His case, does not then mean that I should go ahead and do that which He never commanded me to begin with. Like everything else, it is a choice each person has to make on their own. undecided

Those who have taken it on themselves to create a law mandating gatherings in the name of God, where God Himself has declared no such law, do so against God. undecided

And by so doing heap curses on themselves, curses which follow those who also bow to their commands, as Jesus Christ declared of every person who yields to the doctrines and commandments of men. undecided
Re: The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by hoopernikao: 12:34am On Apr 02, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

If tongues were not human languages how come many non-Jewish visitors to Jerusalem heard the disciples speaking in their own dialects after being baptised by the Holy Spirit? Except if you're telling us those visitors were spirits.

Show me a teaching in the scriptures that taught tongues as human language. Or was tongue not taught in the Bible. Show me a teaching that affirmed tongues as human language.
That is where to start from.
Re: The Wholesomeness Of Speaking And Praying In Tongues. by hoopernikao: 12:45am On Apr 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
To the first issue... Jesus Christ gave no commands against my asking you whether you are blind nor my calling you a "son of a biatch" either. Now, following his example, I choose to do so. undecided

Where there are no commands given, you are not to add one- it is a sin to do so. So when you find that Jesus Christ never provides a command for anything, it means He leaves it up to individuals to choose. undecided

For example, Jesus Christ didn't have a problem with the drinking of Alcohol, but I don't currently drink it, even though from His example there is nothing wrong with it, and my reason is simple- I have no taste for it yet. Does that help you? undecided

Again, I am not an idiot that you would attempt to con me with the so called scriptures you claim mandate gatherings. The fact is Jesus Christ never mandated such and again, even thought he was found gathered with people and understandably so in His case, does not then mean that I should go ahead and do that which He never commanded me to begin with. Like everything else, it is a choice each person has to make on their own. undecided

Those who have taken it on themselves to create a law mandating gatherings in the name of God, where God Himself has declared no such law, do so against God. undecided

And by so doing heap curses on themselves, curses which follow those who also bow to their commands, as Jesus Christ declared of every person who yields to the doctrines and commandments of men. undecided

You chose a liberty to do what Christ didn't command you to do because there was no commandment, yet those who chose to gather are heaping curse in themselves. Are you listening to yourself?

You don't have a defence Bro, you only doing what pleases you not what Jesus came for nor what God's desire for his church is. You only want to do what pleases you and that is disobedience.

But the church will keep going stronger and stronger in gathering and coming together, in different places, in small groups, larger groups, in tens, hundreds, thousands, millions, his spirit at work in our midst as we get better and better for it. The church in gathering will continue to receive edification and built up to a spiritual house unto God with our gathering reflecting his glory and character.

False teaching as such that you presented has always failed and will always fail. It's the church of God, the gathering of saints that will continue to stand the test of times till eternity.

Repent Bro, and do it now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Does The Spouse Of A Pastor Automatically Become A Pastor / Banned On FACEBOOK For Saying That Oyinbos Are Wicked. / TB Joshua Is Born

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.