Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,246 members, 7,829,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Th - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Th (7937 Views)

Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone / APC Finally Defeats PDP In House Of Reps, Takes The Majority (pixs) / Chidi Llyod, The Majority Leader Need To Be Punished. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Th by ekubear1: 6:02pm On Mar 20, 2011
Igala:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVmTaWi_O1M

Unlike Itsekiri, I cannot understand much of it. But the language sounds. . . familiar somehow. And definitely the style of music, dress, clothes are very similar.

Makes sense that Yoruba and Igala are cousins. Separated by time. . . but not that far.

Very interesting.
Re: Th by Beaf: 6:10pm On Mar 20, 2011
eku_bear:

Igala:

Unlike Itsekiri, I cannot understand much of it. But the language sounds. . . familiar somehow. And definitely the style of music, dress, clothes are very similar.

Makes sense that Yoruba and Igala are cousins. Separated by time. . . but not that far.

Very interesting.

Lol! Keep tickling the bigotted bone! Itsekiri's pulled out of the SW into the Midwest, because of this overbearing tosh, maybe you ask yourself why.
Re: Th by Kilode1: 6:11pm On Mar 20, 2011
eku_bear:

Such a nice video and song! Itsekiri are definitely Yoruba, lol. Some words I didn't understand, but the other 90% was fine.

God bless 'em.

Hrm, no wonder my uncle enjoys living in Warri so much.

Very interesting, I'll have to buy this Professor Ayomike's book and read more about them.

I'm starting to wonder now about Igala. . . how much of that language I'll immediately understand. Very interesting stuff.

Keep searching and discovering Odua prince, everything from Tapaland to Delta-Urhobo is yours, take anything you want anytime you want.

A Billion Beaf cannot stop you.  cool

Like your Uncle, as a Bonafide Yoruba Son, you are like a Trust fund baby, Enjoy your inheritance!
Re: Th by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 20, 2011
eku_bear:

Igala:

Very interesting.

They are definitely Yoruba. It is not by coincidence that we share so much linguistic and cultural similarities.
Re: Th by Beaf: 6:13pm On Mar 20, 2011
Kilode?!:

See this Urhobo boy o!! You wan carry Load? Dupe don get Magun for body, bimbo na like time bomb, she go take Obe Isapa quench you grin

I saw one Oviereya the other day, she dey eye this Yoruba boy, 1 2 3 quick tapping! Correct Urhobo gal.

All those Asaroyoma, Ejiroghene and Emetemedia's wey una dey hide for yonder don enter wahala, correct war "bootys"

Eff oil blocks!!!  give me correct Delta-Urhobo gals anyday and I might just call my warriors back, Else, we take them all! cool

Daaannm, Urhobo delta gals get sexy names sha!! Must be their Yoruboid connection  wink

Oghene biko o!!! shocked shocked shocked
The way you're rolling out these Urhobo name de make me fear fear!!! But, no threating, e be like say Onome do tie you down! grin
Re: Th by Beaf: 6:17pm On Mar 20, 2011
Aigbofa:

They are definitely Yoruba. It is not by coincidence that we share so much linguistic and cultural similarities.

Similarities, yes. But why did the Itsekiri join the Midwest rather than hang out with you guy's? Keep this nonsense out of Delta state jare! If you wish to share cultural similarities and ties, all well and good, but you cannot expand into Delta state. Any hints of bigotry must be left at the gates, we're too advanced for that.
Re: Th by Kilode1: 6:19pm On Mar 20, 2011
Beaf:

Oghene biko o!!! shocked shocked shocked
The way you're rolling out these Urhobo name de make me fear fear!!! But, no threating, e be like say Onome do tie you down! grin

I thought you won't beg and apologize ni, ok I forgive you. I dey watch you though. . .

Just tell bros to dash me one correct oil block and I'll let Onome visit home for Xmas.  cool
Re: Th by AljUche: 6:20pm On Mar 20, 2011
Beaf:

Similarities, yes. But why did the Itsekiri join the Midwest rather than hang out with you guy's? Keep this nonsense out of Delta state jare! If you wish to share cultural similarities and ties, all well and good, but you cannot expand into Delta state. Any hints of bigotry must be left at the gates, we're too advanced for that.

chaiii beaf na lie go kill you

i well be back wink
Re: Th by ekubear1: 6:22pm On Mar 20, 2011
@Aigbofa: Could you understand anything from the Igala video? Or is it non-intelligible?

Trying to figure out how close the languages are. See, fluent french/italian/spanish/portuguese speakers can understand each other's language pretty well.

Just wondering if Yoruba and Igala can understand each other as easily.

Though to be honest. . . probably the Kogi Yoruba can. Since they are neighbors with the Igala.

I wonder if there are any Kogi Yoruba on this forum. Hrm.
Re: Th by Chyz2: 6:25pm On Mar 20, 2011
Beaf:

Exactly, It is clear that they are not yoruba and don't want to be classified as such. They may be related but, they are not yoruba. These claim are coming from people who are not even from delta state and have never been there.
Re: Th by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 20, 2011
Beaf:

Duh! The Itsekiris are in the Midwest. There is nothing wrong in hanging out with people in your geograhic area. The Yorubas in Kwara are still Yorubas despite being classified as northerners.
Re: Th by AljUche: 6:35pm On Mar 20, 2011
Aigbofa:

Duh! The Itsekiris are in the Midwest. There is nothing wrong in hanging out with people in your geograhic area. The Yorubas in Kwara are still Yorubas despite being classified as northerners.

are you minding the 2 mumus called beaf and chyz

a fulani man is still a fulani man even if he is in NE or NC

but i bet itsekiri and edo did not vote for sure,.,.,., i read it somewhere i am just look for the site now just to disgrace 2 ignorant people from the SS and SE grin grin grin grin
Re: Th by ekubear1: 6:37pm On Mar 20, 2011
If history had gone slightly differently, and what is now Kogi State had been in the Southern protectorate rather than the Northern one, things would be quite . . . interesting grin

I'm listening to their language right now on the Joshua project: http://www.joshuaproject.net/people-profile.php?peo3=12186&rog3=NI

If they'd been in the Southern protectorate, Igala'd probably be just considered "far eastern" Yoruba today.

Probably a fluent Yoruba speaker could learn Igala in two weeks, or a month.
Re: Th by Beaf: 6:40pm On Mar 20, 2011
Aigbofa:

Thank you, leave them there. All of us who left the Western, left because of domination. Leave Delta state and go fix your end, afterall, we aren't claiming Ajegunle or Ondo state.
Re: Th by AljUche: 6:43pm On Mar 20, 2011
Beaf:

Thank you, leave them there. All of us who left the Western, left because of domination. Leave Delta state and go fix your end, afterall, we aren't claiming Ajegunle or Ondo state.

During this period opinion among leaders from Asaba division was predominantly in support of consolidation with the Eastern region or creation of a western Igbo province within the Western region. Asaba, western Ijaw, and an Itsekiri faction all opposed creation of the Midwest. When Benin and Warri delegates in favor of creation of the Midwest region attempted to raise the issue at the Western regional conference on Constitutional reform that year, they were prevented from doing so.

http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/ethnichistories/EgharevbaLectures/Fifth-Omoigui.htm

but yet the itsekiri and edo are still pro yoruba tongue
Re: Th by Beaf: 6:44pm On Mar 20, 2011
^
Do you know the meaning of the word, "faction?" Abi cows have stepped on your head?

Chyz*:

Exactly, It is clear that they are not yoruba and don't want to be classified as such. They may be related but, they are not yoruba. These claim are coming from people who are not even from delta state and have never been there.

Help me ask them what their real interest is. They see a lovely and successful state and want to bring in their funny politics. Rubbish. angry
I exempt only Kilode?
Re: Th by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 20, 2011
Beaf:

It is inevitable, the whole Midwest will speak Yoruba someday. If you live long enough, you will see it.
Re: Th by ekubear1: 6:48pm On Mar 20, 2011
E dey pain beaf o  grin grin grin

Now we see how to push his buttons! wink
Re: Th by Kilode1: 6:48pm On Mar 20, 2011
@eku some Yoruba groups sharing close boundaries with Igalas might understand the song, I was picking some familiar sounding-words from it myself because some of it sounds like my local dialect, but I will be jumping ahead of myself if I Conclude without an Igala speaker to confirm.

The sound is familiar, but definitely the language is very different. Yoruba dialects are diverse and varied even within the presently accepted Yoruba political-divisions. Even Urhobo sounds Like my local Yoruba dialect and there are word similarities.

Ultimately, Beaf is Yoruba, he's just in denial  cool

After crude oil dries up, our Delta brothers will seek us out, and we will accept them, we are cool like that.  cool
Re: Th by Beaf: 6:50pm On Mar 20, 2011
^
What you have said only bears me out that Itsekiri is closer to Igala than Yoruba.

Aigbofa:

It is inevitable, the whole Midwest will speak Yoruba someday. If you live long enough, you will see it.

grin grin grin grin

Dream on!
You are more likely to speak Warri pidgin and listen to jokes born from the Warri culture of of "wording", cos we are stronger. cool
We have already captured you culturally, not in the future, but here and now! grin grin grin
Re: Th by AljUche: 6:50pm On Mar 20, 2011
Beaf:

^
Do you know the meaning of the word, "faction?" Abi cows have stepped on your head?

Help me ask them what their real interest is. They see a lovely and successful state and want to bring in their funny politics. Rubbish. angry
I exempt only Kilode?

haba brother cow no step on my head oooo

infact look at Rosemary Chukwu ( an igbo woman being yorubaized) grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

if you no like am go hang wink brother, and do not forget to take chyz with u grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYN5mD-ufDs

[size=13pt]the sooner you people respect other groups the better it is for you and some igbos on this forum

[/size]
Re: Th by AljUche: 6:51pm On Mar 20, 2011
Chyz*:

chyz enjoy

i pray this rocks your boat this sunday by an igbo woman
Re: Th by ekubear1: 6:52pm On Mar 20, 2011
Beaf, rest your fearful little head  cheesy

Nobody is out to get you. Enjoy your Sunday.

See ya'll later.
Re: Th by AljUche: 6:52pm On Mar 20, 2011
Beaf:

^
What you have said only bears me out that Itsekiri is closer to Igala than Yoruba.

grin grin grin grin

Dream on!
You are more likely to speak Warri pidgin and listen to jokes born from the Warri culture of of "wording", cos we are stronger. cool
We have already captured you culturally, not in the future, but here and now! grin grin grin

enjoy as well wink

Re: Th by AljUche: 7:00pm On Mar 20, 2011
john oyegun is an edo man and a former edo state governor now the curretn ANPP vice presidential candidate

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSD3LTQ07JelmAqljRF7q37grCO0rq6u-5pGfVjROPfLaCQeX-t[/img]
Re: Th by Kilode1: 7:01pm On Mar 20, 2011

grin Alhaji Uchenna no be cattle rearer now, na dye maker, abi Alhaji? grin

Offtopic: Walahi, Beaf needs to write a book on word imagery, witty insults and political come-backs.

Wether you dislike his politics or not, Dude is talented.
Re: Th by Chyz2: 7:10pm On Mar 20, 2011
Alj Uche:

but yet the itsekiri and edo are still pro yoruba tongue

The Edo people have never been pro-yoruba and never will be. Where did you get your assumption from?
Re: Th by Chyz2: 7:14pm On Mar 20, 2011
Alj Uche:

chyz enjoy

i pray this rocks your boat this sunday by an igbo woman

Even Dbanj is getting Igboized grin

Aij haram enjoy:

[flash=350,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLANOzFipGs&feature=related[/flash]
Re: Th by Nobody: 7:15pm On Mar 20, 2011
Chyz*:

The Edo people have never been pro-yoruba and never will be. Where did you get your assumption from?

Inveterate liar. Edos and Yorubas get along fine. A lot of them even have Yoruba names.
Re: Th by AljUche: 7:17pm On Mar 20, 2011
Chyz*:

Even Dbanj is getting Igboized grin

Aij haram enjoy:

[flash=350,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_2M2a5DxmA[/flash]

na chyz you do not what to play that game,.,. or do you? grin grin grin grin
Re: Th by Chyz2: 7:19pm On Mar 20, 2011
Aigbofa:

Inveterate liar. Edos and Yorubas get along fine. A lot of them even have Yoruba names.

Pro-Yoruba? Since when? Why would they be Pro- something they are not,genius? ALot of Igbos like me, have edo names and edos also use our names as well so what is your point? Are they now Pro-Igbo. Use ur head.
Re: Th by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 20, 2011
Chyz*:

Pro-Yoruba? Since when? Why would they be Pro- something they are not,genius? ALot of Igbos like me, have edo names and edos also use our names as well so what is your point? Are they now Pro-Igbo. Use your head.

You made an assertion that they have never been pro Yoruba, why then would they give their children Yoruba names? Yorubas are not the only tribe in Nigeria, are they?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Happy 70th Birthday To IBB! - Okotie Wrote Him A Poem / 75 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank / 3.4 Million People Suffer Malnutrition In North-east Nigeria - UN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.