Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,254 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Th - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Th (7939 Views)

Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone / APC Finally Defeats PDP In House Of Reps, Takes The Majority (pixs) / Chidi Llyod, The Majority Leader Need To Be Punished. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Th by jason123: 7:29pm On Mar 20, 2011
Just take a look at how these people are dissecting and dividing my people along ethnic and regional lines. SMH!
@ Topic,
Yes, we bear similar names to the yorubas and our language is also similar. Yorubas are our brothers but we prefer to remain independent except there is any sign of secession, then we have to choose sides. My personal preference has nothing to do with our my people think or act. I talk for myself and I am not hypocritical by saying I talk for my people or ND. I never did it and I will not start now.

@ Yorubas
Yes, we are similar and all but we are deltaens. I do not know much about how we you or we branched off but ONE THING IS CERTAIN, we are from a common ancestry, the Edo, Yoruba, Itsekiri and maybe Uhrobo and western parts of igbo land like Onicha. But we certainly do not dislike the yorubas. Atleast, I don't.

@ Beaf,
There is no form of expansionism here. This is all internet talk. Infact, I think it is the other way around. Either, we should stand on our own but acknowledge the similarities only.
I want you to take a look at this article involving the Olu of itsekiri stuff. It might shed more light.
http://www.itsekiri.org/files/communique/communique_details.php?selected_id=79
Awolowo was never the cause of the beaf in delta.

@ Chyz,

Guy, what can I say?! cheesy
You call ACN a yoruba party and some of your brothers were saying Edos have always been pro-yoruba anyway (DEDE). Now, yall are back tracking grin grin grin . Na wa oo.
Edos usually vote in the same pattern as the SW (check your history books) except during the creation of the MW because yorubas dominated everything and the Bini empire was NEVER  a conquered empire, so why be an underdog to the yorubas. Hence the creation of the MW spear-headed by the Binis.
Re: Th by Chyz2: 7:37pm On Mar 20, 2011
Aigbofa:

You made an assertion that they have never been pro Yoruba, why then would they give their children Yoruba names? Yorubas are not the only tribe in Nigeria, are they?

Do you know what Pro- Yoruba means? Edos give their children other tribe names as well. In fact, it is more like yorubas have their names then the other way around. The Edos are Pro-Edo and nothing else.
Re: Th by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 20, 2011
Chyz*:

Do you know what Pro- Yoruba means? Edos give their children other tribe names as well. In fact, it is more like yorubas have their names then the other way around. The Edos are Pro-Edo and nothing else.

What will be your own definition of being pro Yoruba? I won't even cite the fact that they vote along the same line, because in politics, there are no parmanent friends or foes. But, when you give your child a certain name, you know that name will be part of his or her identity for life.
What will be your definition of being pro Yoruba?
Re: Th by Chyz2: 7:46pm On Mar 20, 2011
jason123:

@ Chyz,

Guy, what can I say?! cheesy
You call ACN a yoruba party and some of your brothers were saying Edos have always been pro-yoruba anyway (DEDE). Now, yall are back tracking grin grin grin . Na wa oo.
Edos usually vote in the same pattern as the SW (check your history books) except during the creation of the MW because yorubas dominated everything and the Bini empire was NEVER  a conquered empire, so why be an underdog to the yorubas. Hence the creation of the MW spear-headed by the Binis.

Show me the link where DEDE1 said the Edos were  Pro- yoruba. I'd like to see that. Also, I didn't know that you regard DEDE1 so high that his words now are all truthful and solid without a shadow of a doubt now. From now on you should cease to argue with him.

The Edos NEVER vote in the same pattern as the SW! Where the hell have you gotten this unbelievably false claim from?!. As far as your MW claim, yorubas didn't "dominate everything" as you are claiming. They simply suppressed the other ethnic groups and also used them for their resources. This was so because the heads of the Western Region were yorubas. It's called Discrimination.
Re: Th by sbeezy8: 7:49pm On Mar 20, 2011
some of you guys are jus fuking dumb

edos, Igarras and itsekiris being in the midwest is FINE- Just as Igbomina, Kabba bunu, Ilorin in the North central is.

In my own family I have Edos(Igarras who do have yoruba first names and last) and itsekiris who call themselves yoruba. as well as some who dont which is fine.

NOT ALL YORUBA SPEAKERS or dialects have the same origin.

If country were to split It would only make sense for their to be a Niger delta republic.- including edos and itsekiris.

please no one is trying to expand anything for what Yorubas from the SW could have BEEN flooded the Niger delta as, Hausas did middle belt and  ibos did Rivers state.
Re: Th by EzeUche2(m): 7:49pm On Mar 20, 2011
I do not want to hear another word from a Yoruba poster talking about the Ikwerre situation in Igboland.  grin

You all concern yourself with Delta State, but make sure you do not come into Anioma, Ika or Ukwuani land.
Re: Th by Chyz2: 7:50pm On Mar 20, 2011
Aigbofa:

What will be your own definition of being pro Yoruba? I won't even cite the fact that they vote along the same line, because in politics, there are no parmanent friends or foes. But, when you give your child a certain name, you know that name will be part of his or her identity for life.
What will be your definition of being pro Yoruba? 

No pls cite where they vote along the same lines(whatever the hell that means). Provide the link. I can't believe how you people now are trying to claim so many people,even to the extent you all are trying to claim the Urhobos now,lol. Hypocrites!
Re: Th by EzeUche2(m): 7:52pm On Mar 20, 2011
Chyz*:

No pls cite where they vote along the same lines(whatever the hell that means). Provide the link. I can't believe how you people now are trying to claim so many people,even to the extent you all are trying to claim the Urhobos now,lol. Hypocrites!

grin

Soon they will be claiming Anioma, then we will be trouble. shocked
Re: Th by Chyz2: 7:57pm On Mar 20, 2011
EzeUche_:

grin

Soon they will be claiming Anioma, then we will be trouble. shocked

Please!!!! Let them try. That is a pipe dream like their damn oduduwa story.
Re: Th by Kilode1: 7:57pm On Mar 20, 2011
^^ Mazi EzeUche, Anioma is a Yoruba word  tongue
Re: Th by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 20, 2011
Chyz*:

Forget about the voting patern, it's all transient. ( even if you don't know what it means) In a country like Nigeria, it takes a lot of heart for a man to give his child a name from another tribe. If that is not being pro, I don't know what being anti is.

For example, I won't name my child EzeUche, that should tell you something.
Re: Th by aljharem(m): 7:58pm On Mar 20, 2011
Chyz*:

Show me the link where DEDE1 said the Edos were  Pro- yoruba. I'd like to see that. Also, I didn't know that you regard DEDE1 so high that his words now are all truthful and solid without a shadow of a doubt now. From now on you should cease to argue with him.

The Edos NEVER vote in the same pattern as the SW! Where the hell have you gotten this unbelievably false claim from?!. As far as your MW claim, yorubas didn't "dominate everything" as you are claiming. They simply suppressed the other ethnic groups and also used them for their resources. This was so because the heads of the Western Region were yorubas. It's called Discrimination.

sharrap dai you bloody lier

the leader was a yoruba man but his vice was an edo man,.,.,. true or false
Re: Th by EzeUche2(m): 8:00pm On Mar 20, 2011
Kilode?!:

^^ Mazi EzeUche, Anioma is a Yoruba word  tongue

shocked shocked shocked

Omg Kilode no go kill me oh!  grin
Re: Th by sbeezy8: 8:00pm On Mar 20, 2011
Aigbofa:

Forget about the voting patern, it's all transient. ( even if you don't know what it means) In a country like Nigeria, it takes a lot of heart for a man to give his child a name from another tribe. If that is not being pro, I don't know what being anti is.

no it isnt cause there are Hausa fulanis edos Igarra nupes who ahve yoruba names but that because they have been yorubanized.

Myadvice for all yoruba peeps in this thread stop trying to be like ibo do you want to lower yourself as to claiming other tribes? THATS SOO LOW.

respect to edos Igarra nupes etc related groups
Re: Th by EzeUche2(m): 8:01pm On Mar 20, 2011
This is no concern for me though. Anything West of the River Niger is like France to me.

As long as the Igbo communities are not being claimed, I am comfortable with you all sorting this all out in Delta State.
Re: Th by AljUche: 8:04pm On Mar 20, 2011
EzeUche_:

This is no concern for me though. Anything West of the River Niger is like France to me.

As long as the Igbo communities are not being claimed, I am comfortable with you all sorting this all out in Delta State.

so long as you know that ebonyi state is part of northern states incase this country breaks

there are loads of northerners infact mostly kanuri in ebonyi and anambra

if you know this i am cool,.,. i am not claiming though

i am serious angry
Re: Th by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 20, 2011
sbeezy8:

no it isnt cause there are Hausa fulanis edos Igarra nupes who ahve yoruba names but that because they have been yorubanized.

Myadvice for all yoruba peeps in this thread stop trying to be like ibo do you want to lower yourself as to claiming other tribes? THATS SOO LOW.

respect to edos Igarra nupes etc related groups

I have a lot of respect for other tribes, even ibos ( believe it or not ) But, the truth is the truth. I have met a lot of Midwesterners, for some reasons they are like kindred brothers.
Re: Th by EzeUche2(m): 8:08pm On Mar 20, 2011
Alj Uche:

so long as you know that ebonyi state is part of northern states incase this country breaks

there are loads of northerners infact mostly kanuri in ebonyi and anambra

if you know this i am cool,.,. i am not claiming though

i am serious angry

You are a joker!  shocked grin shocked

Now you have the audacity to claim 90% + Igbo state?

Even the Igbo homeland of Anambra? 

Leave my people out of this thread.   angry
Re: Th by Chyz2: 8:08pm On Mar 20, 2011
Aigbofa:

No lets not forget about voting patterns. Where is your proof for that claim?! And like I said before, there are Edos that name their children igbo names as well. I will never name my child a yoruba name either so your claim still isn't holding any water.
Re: Th by Chyz2: 8:10pm On Mar 20, 2011
alj harem:

sharrap dai you bloody lier

Show me where I'm lying. Provide the proof for all to see.
Re: Th by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 20, 2011
Chyz*:

No lets not forget about voting patterns. Where is your proof for that claim?! And like I said before, there are Edos that name their children igbo names as well. I will never name my child a yoruba name either so your claim still isn't holding any water.

Let me remind you once again. You made an assertion that Midwesters are not pro Yorubas and I reminded you that a lot of them have Yoruba names. The question is; If they are not pro Yoruba, why the hell do they have Yoruba names!
Re: Th by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 20, 2011
there are Edos that name their children igbo names as well

just guessing, but they might be igboid.

i heard there are some igbo families who settled permanently in edo after [or maybe before] the civil war, and never went back home.

not sure how factual this is though.
Re: Th by EzeUche2(m): 8:19pm On Mar 20, 2011
tpiah!:

just guessing, but they might be igboid.

i heard there are some igbo families who settled permanently in edo after [or maybe before] the civil war, and never went back home.

not sure how factual this is though.

Some Igbo clans were part of the Benin Empire. The Ika Kingdom (Igbo) were a vassal state to the Benin Empire, I believe.

Igbos have always been present in Benin even prior to the arrival of Europeans.
Re: Th by sbeezy8: 8:20pm On Mar 20, 2011
ITS true midwesterners edo itsekiris and even urhobos, middle belters Igalas nupes etc marry and relate with us.

but let people choose what they want. If Ijebus say they are not yoruba but ijebus FINE. doesnt change the fact we still speak the same lanugauge and 9/10 WE ALL MARRY EACHOTHER just as out of all tribes in Nigeria I know that yorubas marry the most from edo itsekiri urhobos,egun/ewe Bariba and nupe - you will not even know they are not yorubas until they tell you.

Not everyone with a yoruba name first and last is yoruba and the ones who speak yoruba as first language may say they are not yoruba which is FINE.

Just as not everyone who claims to be yoruba is actually yoruba- some are nupe bini or VERY yorubanized Bariba,hausa or even fulani. YORUBA TRIBE TO BIG FOR ALL THAT PETTY STUFFS[b]. you yoruba guys have been chillin on the internet talking to ibos to much.[/b] IT HAS NEVER BEEN IN YORUBA TRADITION OR CULTURE TO CLAIM ANYONE - everyone around us just over time became yorubas/yorubanized.

Its not anything- yorubas are not dying so why try to overstep everything. If TOMORROW every mixed person in Nigeria likes to be called Mixed not yoruba or igbo or hausas or bini or fulanis BUT ONLY MIXED htye have the right to do so.
Re: Th by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 20, 2011
sbeezy8:

ITS true midwesterners edo itsekiris and even urhobos, middle belters Igalas nupes etc marry and relate with us.

but let people choose what they want. If Ijebus say they are not yoruba but ijebus FINE. doesnt change the fact we still speak the same lanugauge and 9/10 WE ALL MARRY EACHOTHER just as out of all tribes in Nigeria I know that yorubas marry the most from edo itsekiri urhobos,egun/ewe Bariba and nupe - you will not even know they are not yorubas until they tell you.

Not everyone with a yoruba name first and last is yoruba and the ones who speak yoruba as first language may say they are not yoruba which is FINE.

Just as not everyone who claims to be yoruba is actually yoruba- some are nupe bini or VERY yorubanized Bariba,hausa or even fulani. YORUBA TRIBE TO BIG FOR ALL THAT PETTY STUFFS[b]. you yoruba guys have been chillin on the internet talking to ibos to much.[/b] IT HAS NEVER BEEN IN YORUBA TRADITION OR CULTURE TO CLAIM ANYONE - everyone around us just over time became yorubas/yorubanized.

Its not anything- yorubas are not dying so why try to overstep everything. If TOMORROW every mixed person in Nigeria likes to be called Mixed not yoruba or igbo or hausas or bini or fulanis BUT ONLY MIXED htye have the right to do so.

It's no big deal brother. If we all go back far enough, we are all from the same family.
Re: Th by EzeUche2(m): 8:25pm On Mar 20, 2011
The fact remains that the Yoruba, Igbo, Edo, Igala, Idoma all have a common ancestor. I have stated that before.
Re: Th by jason123: 8:26pm On Mar 20, 2011
@ Chyz
The truth is I cannot be bothered to look at all Dede's reply but he did say it. Anyway, as you said Dede is inconsequential.

Chyz*:

The yorubas NEVER used anyone for resources and the country knows that. At the time, even though oil was found, it was not the main produce in the West. Cocoa and others was still there at that time.  The MW had rubber and others things then.Remember, the mid-west was created in 1963 ( just 3 years after our independence and 2 years after we became a republic).

There reason why the MW was created was because of domination in the politics then. Ask anybody including Beaf. Although, Enahoro (bini) was Awolowo's right hand man and they were both accused of treason.
The yorubas were also tribalist then because of Nnamdi Azikwe's perceived betrayal of Awo and the west and the attempt to rule them. But they never used anyone for resources. They are not leeches and will never be. Do not be biased when passing judgments.

sbeezy8:

please no one is trying to expand anything for what Yorubas from the SW could have BEEN flooded the Niger delta as, Hausas did middle belt and  ibos did Rivers state.

You are very right!!! SUPPORTED!
Re: Th by jason123: 8:28pm On Mar 20, 2011
EzeUche_:

The fact remains that the Yoruba, Igbo, Edo, Igala, Idoma all have a common ancestor. I have stated that before.

Well said. I already stated that earlier.

jason123:

@ Yorubas
Yes, we are similar and all but we are deltaens. I do not know much about how we you or we branched off but ONE THING IS CERTAIN, we are from a common ancestry, the Edo, Yoruba, Itsekiri and maybe Uhrobo and western parts of igbo land like Onicha.
Re: Th by EzeUche2(m): 8:28pm On Mar 20, 2011
sbeezy8:

Igbos have always been part of Rivers State. . .

Re: Th by Beaf: 8:32pm On Mar 20, 2011
Aigbofa:

Let me remind you once again. You made an assertion that Midwesters are not pro Yorubas and I reminded you that a lot of them have Yoruba names. The question is; If they are not pro Yoruba, why the hell do they have Yoruba names!

I think its just from being neighbours. Some Ondo people have Edo, or Urhobo/Isoko names too. Its much worse at our end, where "for no reason" loads of Itsekiri's have Urhobo or Ijaw names, loads of Ijaws have Urhobo or Isoko names, loads of Urhobos have Itsekiri or Ijaw or Igbo or Edo names, loads of Igbo have Urhobo or Edo or Isoko names etc etc. With us, its crazy! We even have Government Ekpemupolo (AKA Tompolo). LOL!!!!
Re: Th by Kilode1: 8:42pm On Mar 20, 2011
Beaf:

With us, its crazy! We even have Government Ekpemupolo (AKA Tompolo). LOL!!!!

OR

Senator Heineken Lokpobiri (PDP, Bayelsa) grin grin <<<--- correct bros. Delta no dey carry last!
Re: Th by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 20, 2011
Government Ekpemupolo! grin grin grin grin Now, that is one heck of a name!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MASSOB Loses 1000 Members To AIYO (Association of Igbo Youths) / Quit Notice: Governor Shettima & Arewa Youth Leaders In A Closed Door Meeting / 3.4 Million People Suffer Malnutrition In North-east Nigeria - UN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.