Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Th - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Th (7940 Views)

Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone / APC Finally Defeats PDP In House Of Reps, Takes The Majority (pixs) / Chidi Llyod, The Majority Leader Need To Be Punished. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Th by Beaf: 8:50pm On Mar 20, 2011
Kilode?!:

OR

Senator Heineken Lokpobiri (PDP, Bayelsa) grin grin <<<--- correct bros. Delta no dey carry last!

Yes o! We turned to invention to solve the naming problem, since using up those from sorrounding groups. lol
How about, Thunder Priye, or President Jomo? You neva hala! grin grin grin grin
Re: Th by AndreUweh(m): 9:00pm On Mar 20, 2011
This brainless thread does not belong to politics section.
Mods, over to you.
Re: Th by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 20, 2011
Andre Uweh:

This brainless thread does not belong to politics section.
Mods, over to you.

Brainless or you are not brainy enough to comment?
Re: Th by AndreUweh(m): 9:16pm On Mar 20, 2011
Aigbofa:

Brainless or you are not brainy enough to comment?
This sort of brainless thread has been extensively flogged in the cultural section. This is not the first time this rubbish thread has been created by the OP.
It should be confined to the waste bin.
Re: Th by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 20, 2011
Just for the record, Itsekiri people have Ijebu ancestry. I'm Ijebu and I can understand Itsekiri "language". The word "itsekiri" is actually a Yoruba word for "itinerant" or literally "walk about"

They migrated from Ijebuland in days of old because they were itinerant traders and picked up words from the Igalas, Isokos, urhobos and all the areas that they encountered due to their trade.
Re: Th by Kilode1: 11:50pm On Mar 20, 2011
Beaf:

Yes o! We turned to invention to solve the naming problem, since using up those from sorrounding groups. lol
How about, Thunder Priye, or President Jomo? You neva hala! grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin

I remember watching some FOX News and other American TV News presenters wondering aloud on TV about Goodluck's name after Yar' Adua's death.  cheesy

They were amused to hear a name combo like "Goodluck Jonathan" I was just SMH thinking; dem never reach Nigeria's South South before, dem go hear unique combo-names tire grin

My Delta people don capture Oyinbo names remix am finish.

Names like; General Boyloaf, Oyiborhoro Allwell, Kennedy Clinton Goddey, <<-- That's another President in the making  grin
Re: Th by AljUche: 1:03am On Mar 21, 2011
kalokalo:

Just for the record, Itsekiri people have Ijebu ancestry. I'm Ijebu and I can understand Itsekiri "language". The word "itsekiri" is actually a Yoruba word for "itinerant" or literally "walk about"

They migrated from Ijebuland in days of old because they were itinerant traders and picked up words from the Igalas, Isokos, urhobos and all the areas that they encountered due to their trade.

hmmmm
Re: Th by ekubear1: 7:09am On Mar 21, 2011
Beaf:

Thunder Priye, or President Jomo?

Aigbofa:

Government Ekpemupolo!

Kilode?!:

Senator Heineken Lokpobiri (PDP, Bayelsa)

LMAO. Why not name your son Cheddar, Toothpick, or Ghana-Must-Go too  grin grin grin

On a serious note, I really wonder about how this trend started. Have they been doing this for a long time? Or is it a recent phenomenon?

My Ijaw friends here have pretty ordinary, African-sounding names. Or western names. Not Heineken or Coca-Cola  grin
Re: Th by Sabawaleklazik(m): 7:31am On Dec 23, 2011
mad fellow, This tread is sooooo fanny jawre,
Re: Th by macof(m): 12:05am On Aug 16, 2014
This thread gives more aid to the defining movement of our brotherhood.

Itsekiri were wondering ijebus who settled in today's delta state so many years ago.

Urhobo, isoko and Olukumi are also our kin.
No one is tagging them as Yoruba but we should also note that the only true Yoruba are Oyo...the rest are only called so because of our bond with oyo.

Ekiti, Ijebu, Okun, Urhobo, Edo, Esan, Awori, Olukumi etc are all members of one family.
And we are suppose to be that way if not for the despicable politics of Nigeria
Re: Th by macof(m): 12:11am On Aug 16, 2014
Beaf: A lot of the words listed are Isoko and Urhobo words as well. So? lol

Becomerich, go and sit down! Itsekiri is an older language than Yoruba, in case you don't know. Like I told another illiterate expansionist, its like the US claiming England is American.

Abeg, keep my peeps out of your hairbrained schemes.

Beaf: ^
Itsekiri is a mixture of proto-Yoruba (which is not Yoruba, but its ancestor) and Igala. It is a language that is far closer to Igala than Yoruba; more than that, the Igala also claim to to be the ancestors of the Yoruba (this is seemingly supported by anthropology).

So, if anything, the Itsekiri are progenitor of the Yoruba, which makes any expansionist claims absolutely ridiculous.

. . .By the way, your quote from Ayomike is miles out of context and has nothing to do with the current argument.
I hope from 2011 till now you have acquired more knowledge on This matter
Itsekiri are share more than alot with other tribes to the West(Yoruba tribes)

Even itsekiri language is Yoruboid, infact it is Ijebu language reformed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chief Justice Of Nigeria, Dahiru Musdapher, Asks Jonathan To Reinstate Salami / Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback / Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.