Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,891 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' (51521 Views)

Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate / Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation / Thieves Stole Money In Senator’s Car, Says Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 24, 2020
brain54:

an allegation is just what it is untill proven with facts.

They made an allegation against him, he should sue them for defamation until then this man is the real looter and hoodlum

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by jaytii(f): 8:18am On Nov 24, 2020
Why haven't they returned it to us

1 Like

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Josywhyte: 8:19am On Nov 24, 2020
in Falz's voice: 'this is Nigeria everybody be criminal'. Even our so called pastors are criminals as well...argue with your keypad

1 Like

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by cyclopz: 8:19am On Nov 24, 2020
Hmmmmn! Nigeria! The Chronicles of a Country. embarassed
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by AMOSCO2010(m): 8:19am On Nov 24, 2020
OK o

Check my signature and thank me later
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by watchindelta(m): 8:19am On Nov 24, 2020
[quote author=Realdeals post=96373483]This among others are the reasons history was expunged from our education curriculum.[/quam telling ote] am telling you bro
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by southsouthking(m): 8:19am On Nov 24, 2020
Okay.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by BreconHills(m): 8:19am On Nov 24, 2020
pyxon:
If Nigerian historians could paint Gowon as a war hero and saint, only for him to be exposed to be a pilferer like this, then I wonder how much Nigerian government and historians have twisted the Nigerian civil war story

Huge lie!!
How could he have taken CBN funds to London when he was deposed in a surprise coup by MM while in East Africa gor an OAU meeting?

Nigerians can't think. What a pity.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by asamwababy: 8:20am On Nov 24, 2020
seunmsg:

Are you aware Gowon struggled to fund his university education while in the UK? A reporter snapped him queuing for food at the university cafeteria and the picture trended all over the world. Murtala Mohammed was so embarrassed that he quickly dispatched TY Danjuma to London to beg him to return to Nigeria. Gowon refused to return and the decided to be paying t him pension and stipend so that he can fund his education properly.

When Obasanjo the payment of his pension and stipend as a result of the Dimka coup, Nigerians in the UK contributed money for him to finish his program.

So, how is it possible for Gowon to move half of CBN money to UK and still be struggling to fund his university education?

So to you.

This picture shows a group of people begging for food?

And all well dressed like this?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by jaytii(f): 8:20am On Nov 24, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Gowon was Head of State from 1966-1975(9 years). Do you think he would he have waited until he was toppled in a coup before he started looting.

IBB was President from 1985-1993 and he reportedly stole over $10 billion dollars. And Abacha didn't request for it because he had plans to loot his own billions.

Absulami Abubakar was Head of State for 9 months and emptied the Central Bank of billions of dollars and OBJ didn't request any back because he planned to loot his own billions.

Are you insinuating that Buhari didn't steal anything while he was military head?

4 Likes

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Focusmind: 8:21am On Nov 24, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Nigerian leaders start looting the day they enter office. He knew his days were numbered after he took over power in a coup. He saw what was happening in neighbouring African countries were leaders were getting assasinated.

He had to save for the rainy day by keeping 50% of our money in United Kingdom and making himself the sole signatory to the accounts.

People did not know this account of history. This is the accurate account of what happened. He had kept so much of Nigeria's money in London. After his overthrow, he wanted to lay his hands on the money but the British government cornered most of the funds.

That's why I always say that the West are accomplice in corruption in Africa. Most of the funds are not returned back to the originating country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by brain54(m): 8:21am On Nov 24, 2020
Angelfrost:

The reality that this wealthy nation has become the one of the poorest in the world today is more than enough fact that the commonwealth has been mercilessly looted and diverted since independence....

No Nigerian elder statesman is exempt from this unforgivable plunder that started even before independence! Not a damn one!!!

It is beyond idiocy and slowpoke-ism for a youth to even try to defend these people in any form!!!
who is defending who? can yöu read?
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by dplores(m): 8:21am On Nov 24, 2020
All our politicians both the dead & living, no saint amongst them.

Our so called leaders make law, break law
Catch law breaker, sentence law breaker
Like Yoruba will say, kó tó sì àwón òle wónyí.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by RealityShot: 8:22am On Nov 24, 2020
Neddstark:

I am not defending any politician. They are the cause of Nigeria's problem. But however, I am of the opinion that every allegation should be backed up with proof/facts.
don't worry when that man (presidente) dies, you will see proof.

The guy is still the president of Nigeria, from underground.... Lolzzzz
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Eriokanmi: 8:22am On Nov 24, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
Gowon-Took 50% of the Central Bank
IBB- Took 60% of the Central Bank
Abacha- Took 70% of the Central Bank
Abdusalami: Took 90% of the Central Bank and left OBJ with nothing in the coffers.
Buhari- I wonder how much Buhari has taken
Na abdulsalaam steal pass. North is the problem of this country. Only God knows how much buhari takes to London each time he goes on his fake medical trip. I wish our law makers from the entire south could move for a referendum inclusion in the coming constitutional review so everyone could go their separate ways . Same constitution was written by the likes of abdulsalaam abubakar and his cohorts to enable them have their ways.

2 Likes

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Joeyy27(m): 8:23am On Nov 24, 2020
J
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by RexTramadol1: 8:23am On Nov 24, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Gowon was Head of State from 1966-1975(9 years). Do you think he would he have waited until he was toppled in a coup before he started looting.

IBB was President from 1985-1993 and he reportedly stole over $10 billion dollars. And Abacha didn't request for it because he had plans to loot his own billions.

Absulami Abubakar was Head of State for 9 months and emptied the Central Bank of billions of dollars and OBJ didn't request any back because he planned to loot his own billions.

Billions of dollars

I can’t stop laughing

Maybe you think dollars is Naira sha
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by BigBashiru: 8:24am On Nov 24, 2020
Difrent:

Don't be so perssimistic ,NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN.....I used to tell people ,a bad situation cannot continue forever ,the situation will change one day afterall those who want to continue milking the country dry won't live forever .

Nigeria has never been great - it was only great because the white man was here then....
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Mrquote: 8:24am On Nov 24, 2020
pyxon:
If Nigerian historians could paint Gowon as a war hero and saint, only for him to be exposed to be a pilferer like this, then I wonder how much Nigerian government and historians have twisted the Nigerian civil war story
Thats why they made sure to remove history from secondary school curr
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Ogbeniomo: 8:25am On Nov 24, 2020
ednut1:
Gowon was overthrown while at AU meeting. how did he then move the money to London we all know he stole but can this man's account be accurate. The west are enablers of corruptions but still come out latter to talk shit lmao grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfGF3HwSMrc
Childish question, also ask: Abacha who died in Office how did he then move Nigeria money to foreign countries, as if the time given them to loot money is yet to come,as if one week is too small to leaders to steal up to 100 billion naira.

6 Likes

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by danfourtson(m): 8:26am On Nov 24, 2020
Jesuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Decent09(m): 8:27am On Nov 24, 2020
pyxon:
UK Parliamentarian Exposes How Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank'

Here is the exact Video where the UK parliamentarian made the allegations
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP1WhuRAkoA

During the debate today, Monday the UK Parliament discussed about the #EndSars protest as well as the excesses of the Nigerian government officials. In that session, a shocking revelation was made where a UK Parliament member revealed that Nigerian Hero, civil war veteran and former Head of state stole so much money - it could be equated as "Half the cnetral bank of Nigeria', - during his reign as leader of the nation and hid it in London.

Here is the full video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTKMUEpHWoE

That's one thing with Nigerians, they fear poverty badly to the extent that they are ready to do everything humanly possible to graft, forget average Nigerian is a BIG RATS.

So Nigeria is now being annexed to United kingdom, Colonial Mentality still inside this Young People Head.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by OscarJaden(m): 8:27am On Nov 24, 2020
Kingof2nations:
he was once quoted to have said that money is not our problem but how to spend it is the problem
so true that when they began Festac1977
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 8:28am On Nov 24, 2020
Chai. Gowon, no fall my hand oo.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by BreconHills(m): 8:28am On Nov 24, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Ask Gowon.

Huge lie
How could a man who was deposed on a surprise coup while in a OAU meeting in East Africa have carried half of the CBN funds to London. The same man that the new government of MM had to send money so that he could " stop embarrassing Nigeria by queuing for food at Warwick University cafeteria.

Haba you people should fear God. Civil war is over na.
Because an MP in England, a man aged less than 50 should make an assertion, it is true? Because he is white? Whats wrong with us?

I was in form 5 when this coup occurred - not everyone in NL is a uni student. I was an eye witness to everything that happened then. This is a huge piece of disinformation swallowed by an extremely foolish MP.

I support endsars fully but you don't build justice on lies like this simply to get revenge on a man who oversaw the civil war. The motive is clear and the objective and sources are similarly clear.

4 Likes

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 24, 2020
cry cry cry cry cry
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Dijita: 8:29am On Nov 24, 2020
[quote author=RuudVanNisteroy post=96371752][/quote]
I saw Awolowo in that picture and I said it is a lie . Awolowo was a patriotic and good leader that brought development to the western Nigeria that he lead as a western premier.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Goodman247: 8:30am On Nov 24, 2020
Our leaders has been raping Nigeria financially since 1960,
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Angelfrost(m): 8:30am On Nov 24, 2020
BreconHills:

Huge lie!!
How could he have taken CBN funds to London when he was deposed in a surprise coup by MM while in East Africa gor an OAU meeting?

Nigerians can't think. What a pity.

Yeah... Na so... Because stealing and looting of such magnitude is done in a single day, month or year!!!... Guy, abeg leave matter!

Nigeria's current backwardness and poverty didn't occur in a blaze of few years... No single Nigerian leader in history has ever kept his dirty thieving hands off the nation's treasury... None till date!!!

Stop defending people who don't give a rat's ass about you, your future, and your generation yet unborn.

Not a fan of any foreign nation, especially criminal entities like Britain, Russia, and America, but stealing is the hallmark and legacy of every single leader of this nation (past and present)!!!

3 Likes

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by BafanaBafana: 8:30am On Nov 24, 2020
Pure bullshit. Does Yakubu Gowon look like someone who has ever had up to a billion dollars?
When Gowon was overthrown, he had nothing! It was at the AU summit that other head of states donated money for him to travel to the UK and start a life. While in London, he lived like an average citizen.
If not that Nigerians are becoming more gullible by day, why would someone post this kind of thing here

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Photo: Is This Negligence Of Duty? / This Is What I Call Africa Magic: PDP Governorship Aspirant Dies In His Sleep / Soldiers Put Drip On Colleague Injured In Battle With Boko Haram (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.