Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' (51495 Views)

Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate / Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation / Thieves Stole Money In Senator’s Car, Says Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Brushstrokes20: 8:31am On Nov 24, 2020
Nigerian rulers, present and past are just a bunch of self serving thieves!
They must rot in hell!
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by shanga(m): 8:31am On Nov 24, 2020
Difrent:

Don't be so perssimistic ,NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN.....I used to tell people ,a bad situation cannot continue forever ,the situation will change one day afterall those who want to continue milking the country dry won't live forever .

NIGERIA CAN NEVER BE GREAT.....take that to the bank

2 Likes

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Zyxzzzz: 8:31am On Nov 24, 2020
Neddstark:
Gowon was removed from power in a coup while he was in Uganda. What time did he have to loot half of the central bank and come to London after his coup? Why didnt the government of Muritala request the funds transferred to London. There is no way that money that huge will leave the shores of Nigeria and not be noticed by the succeeding government. Also, he came back to Nigeria and nothing was done about it.
I am not defending nobody. This UK parliament man was probably a child when this thing happened. We need strong proof to verify this actually happened. Verbal assertions is not enough. We were sure of what Obasanjo did. We had proof of what Abacha did. So let the proofs come out.
How many years did gowon spend in office?
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Ubanz: 8:32am On Nov 24, 2020
that parliamentarian was paid to divert our attention.where is the money.will he enjoy it after death? unless the british stole it from him, I don't believe the story.

If eventually it's true, of which I can't vouch for him, the amount is being exaggerated .
still the looters and the western custodians share the same guilt.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by AfroKnight: 8:33am On Nov 24, 2020
I finally understand why many are doubting the possibility. Guys, nobody can remove that much money at once! It would have to be done over time. From 1966 to 1975. 9 years of being the number one man in a rich and corrupt country. 9 years of being the man with the final word over the country. He had opportunity.

2 Likes

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Neddstark: 8:33am On Nov 24, 2020
Mayng01:
Without a bloody revolution, Nigeria can never be better

That was said in Libya 10 years ago.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Pio44: 8:33am On Nov 24, 2020
St Gowon shame on u
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Prymestrr(m): 8:33am On Nov 24, 2020
ednut1:
Gowon was overthrown while at AU meeting. how did he then move the money to London we all know he stole but can this man's account be accurate. The west are enablers of corruptions but still come out latter to talk shit lmao grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfGF3HwSMrc

So in you opinion he had to wait till he was overthrown before he stole? Even tho he was in power for over solid 3 years?

Oga I shame for your brain.

1 Like

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by membranus: 8:33am On Nov 24, 2020
Such mind bungling stealing!!!

And the man is posing as a saint up and down the country.

Nigerian leaders they will continue to disappoint us until we dissolve the evil contraption called Niger Area.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by segunchinchin(m): 8:34am On Nov 24, 2020
Things dey happen ooo Nnkan Sele
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Zyxzzzz: 8:35am On Nov 24, 2020
ednut1:
Gowon was overthrown while at AU meeting. how did he then move the money to London we all know he stole but can this man's account be accurate. The west are enablers of corruptions but still come out latter to talk shit lmao grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfGF3HwSMrc
What are you saying self gowon spent 9 years in office during that 9years u know wetin Dy go on

1 Like

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Never4getU: 8:35am On Nov 24, 2020
My guy, power is transient. The Nigerian presidency is occultic, if u are not among u won't succeed else u will be consumed like umaru yaradua.

This isn't a pessimism nonsense, it's the fact. U can chose to live with or continue to selude urself.

Difrent:

Don't be so perssimistic ,NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN.....I used to tell people ,a bad situation cannot continue forever ,the situation will change one day afterall those who want to continue milking the country dry won't live forever .
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Neddstark: 8:35am On Nov 24, 2020
ikennamadu1:

most of Una the type before Una think .. puuuaaaah

I made an intelligent assertion. Your statement above cannot be made by my 12 year old nephew. Your IQ is gravely deficient.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by nograv: 8:36am On Nov 24, 2020
Kingof2nations:
he was once quoted to have said that money is not our problem but how to spend it is the problem

And he meant it literally cheesy

1 Like

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by sammyboyz21(m): 8:36am On Nov 24, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
Gowon-Took 50% of the Central Bank
IBB- Took 60% of the Central Bank
Abacha- Took 70% of the Central Bank
Abdusalami: Took 90% of the Central Bank and left OBJ with nothing in the coffers.
Buhari- I wonder how much Buhari has taken
North leaders don use Nigeria money 2 play 9ja bet
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Badonasty(m): 8:36am On Nov 24, 2020
Juicegal:

Just Negodu... So if the British stole from you, you now justify it by looting from your country's purse. Why can't we see that as a motivation to change things just like China and another Asian countries robbed by the same British did

as in bro...the way some people reason e dey always do me like to just find the person go use gun blast am for house...just imagine if we have half of our population thinking like this guy how will this country be great

6 Likes

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Zyxzzzz: 8:36am On Nov 24, 2020
Prymestrr:

So in you opinion he had to wait till he was overthrown before he stole? Even tho he was in power for over solid 3 years?

Oga I shame for your brain.
I wonder how people Dy think o,man wey spend 9years for office

4 Likes

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Positivelyblue(f): 8:36am On Nov 24, 2020
the problems of country started with one bad man that was painted saint. And we keep repeating this.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Drizzy5001(m): 8:36am On Nov 24, 2020
Those old men, are big time criminals....if a common man steals bread now, una go put tyre for him neck burn am..yet Bigger criminals go dey cash out steady. sad Mtcheew
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by uncleinans(m): 8:38am On Nov 24, 2020
Imo042:

It's over 3 million people o, the truth will come out in near future.

How over three million take die in a war that was fought with arrow and stick?
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 8:38am On Nov 24, 2020
A civil war that was sponsored by UK against Biafra, even other foreign countries were not allowed to flow in material and food reliefs to Biafra land ......

If it was America that colonised Nigeria. Nigeria could have been a better country divided a long time ago......

The same UK that supported Gen. Gowon and give him ammunitions should tell us that the money was used to purchase ammunitions and Jet fighters for the genocide done against Biafra lands..

Instead of swinging in to settle the misunderstandings they decided to support where they gain most from....
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by lamentor78(m): 8:39am On Nov 24, 2020
Brother Gowon so you are a thief turn pastor
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by od501: 8:39am On Nov 24, 2020
pyxon:
UK Parliamentarian Exposes How Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank'

Here is the exact Video where the UK parliamentarian made the allegations
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP1WhuRAkoA

During the debate today, Monday the UK Parliament discussed about the #EndSars protest as well as the excesses of the Nigerian government officials. In that session, a shocking revelation was made where a UK Parliament member revealed that Nigerian Hero, civil war veteran and former Head of state stole so much money - it could be equated as "Half the cnetral bank of Nigeria', - during his reign as leader of the nation and hid it in London.

Here is the full video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTKMUEpHWoE

Naija, behold, your war hero and saint grin....who is the hero now?! Ojukwu or Gowan?! Wise up people, Nigeria is a scam!

1 Like

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by tolguy(m): 8:39am On Nov 24, 2020
mtcheeww lies
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by BafanaBafana: 8:39am On Nov 24, 2020
Angelfrost:

Yeah... Na so... Because stealing and looting of such magnitude is done in a single day, month or year!!!... Guy, abeg leave matter!

Nigeria's current backwardness and poverty didn't occur in a blaze of few years... No single Nigerian leader in history has ever kept his dirty thieving hands off the nation's treasury... None till date!!!

Stop defending people who don't give a rat's ass about you, your future, and your generation yet unborn.

Not a fan of any foreign nation, especially criminal entities like Britain, Russia, and America, but stealing is the hallmark and legacy of every single leader of this nation (past and present)!!!
Try to equip yourself with knowledge of people, history and political events. Read biographies of past leaders, read investigative historical materials. Only then will you be able to differentiate facts from fallacies and identify lies when you see them.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Resurgent2016: 8:39am On Nov 24, 2020
Neddstark:
Gowon was removed from power in a coup while he was in Uganda. What time did he have to loot half of the central bank and come to London after his coup? Why didnt the government of Muritala request the funds transferred to London. There is no way that money that huge will leave the shores of Nigeria and not be noticed by the succeeding government. Also, he came back to Nigeria and nothing was done about it.
I am not defending nobody. This UK parliament man was probably a child when this thing happened. We need strong proof to verify this actually happened. Verbal assertions is not enough. We were sure of what Obasanjo did. We had proof of what Abacha did. So let the proofs come out.

Dont act naive, Abacha died unexpectedly yet he kept hundred of billion of dollars abroad and the only reason it even came to light was because he and Obj were enemies. If Buhari (who has professed admiration for Abacha several times) was the next leader, those monies would never have come to light.

Then, why will Gowon sound impossible?

9 Likes

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Pechykedgg: 8:39am On Nov 24, 2020
Do we also need proof of his massacre of over 3 million Biafrans and which of these two atrocities is more grevious
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by pacespot(m): 8:39am On Nov 24, 2020
What are Nigerian youth waiting for, this is the time for us to hit the street that gowon must be brought to book? Or is there anything contentious in this allegation. We will become a laughing stock if we did not do anything right now. We've beat these rogue old politicians to the retreat, this is not the time to surrender, 2023 is still very far away.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 24, 2020
Angelfrost:
Nigerian Political and Leadership Elites: A legacy of the worst form of criminality ever known in global history!!!

Come 2023, anyone who campaigns, supports, listens to, and votes for a politician over the age of 50 has decided to completely bury this nation in the bottomless pit of corruption and retrogression.

Most Nigerian political patriarchs and elder statesmen are the worst criminals God ever had the misfortune of gifting this world... What an unfortunate nation!!!

As politicans like Yahaya Bello of Kogi have proven, not every politico under 50 is a great leader

1 Like

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by membranus: 8:40am On Nov 24, 2020
Josywhyte:
in Falz's voice: 'this is Nigeria everybody be criminal'. Even our so called pastors are criminals as well...argue with your keypad

My keypad is arrogant and hot headed and will not allow me to argue with it that my "pastor is a criminal"

What can I do? Kindly advice.

2 Likes

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by chinchonglee(m): 8:40am On Nov 24, 2020
Neddstark:
Ur problem is that you failed to realize that this british pple wont jst come out and say trash without fact.

1 Like

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by uncleinans(m): 8:41am On Nov 24, 2020
vanunu:

Stealing na small thing to the man , somebody that has the mind to kill 3million people.

Don't believe everything you read my brother, 3 million never died in the civil war. War that was fought with mere arrow and stick. Even Syria civil war where chemical weapons was used and has lasted for more than 9 years is yet to record 1.5 million death.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Remi Tinubu's Visit: Governor Adeleke's Wives Clash Over Who First Lady Position / Battle Ready Soldiers Cause Apprehension In Rivers Ahead Of Elections. Photos / Goodluck Jonathan Visits Maman Daura For APC Ticket - Sowore (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.