Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,642,388 members, 6,186,463 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 March 2021 at 08:34 AM

A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) (7531 Views)

The Sugar Mum (the Steamy Version) / I Want To Be The Sugar In Your Tea - Big Breasts Lagos Girl (photos) / The Sugar Mum (a story of love) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by LoveToRead: 10:29pm On Nov 24, 2020
Synopsis on A Fatal Love
Alex has a good job and a good wife. Everything looks great, but a secret thing he has done in the past with Steph, the daughter of his employer disturbs and troubles him.
Alex gets suspended from work. His loving wife parks out of his house. At the peak of these troubles, he meets Lara, an old friend back in their National Youth Service year. Alex falls into the passionate snares of Lara, and gets choked up.
Steph and her friends must teach Alex a 'lesson'. He finds himself struggling to survive a terrible affliction. He has been found guilty of 'fatal love' and is at the point of death.
This is the concluding part of 'The Sugar Mum'. It is a gripping, fascinating story that must not be missed.

Available on: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/a_fatal_love_sequel_to_the_sugar_mum/23963

Re: A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by CasNova: 5:44am On Nov 25, 2020
Ride on
Re: A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by LoveToRead: 9:17pm On Nov 25, 2020
A Fatal Love

(Sequel to ‘The Sugar Mum’)

Love Toread

© Copyright 2018.

Cover picture credit: prince-akachi-780383-unsplash

This work solely belongs to the author. No part of it can be used or reproduced in any way without the express permission of the author

(Hello dear friends. I want to start by thanking you all for your interests. Many thanks.

I want to state the following as I start updating:

1. Satisfaction is guaranteed on this story. At the end of it, you will be entertained, inspired and more informed.

2. The updating will come regularly but at my own pace.

3. Dear friends and readers are urged to support writers by buying their books. It is not about making much but it encourages a lot. In order not to burden people, I price my book very affordably at N100.

4. Your comments and observations are highly welcome.

5. Many thanks in advance.)

I woke up and stared at the window curtains in the bedroom. The big clock on the wall revealed the time to be quarter to seven in the morning. Enny, my wife, lay beside me. I watched her briefly. She looked peaceful and blissful in her sleep.
It was Saturday, a week after our wedding. This morning, we intended to end our honeymoon in Abuja and return to Lagos. The last six days had been very dreamy. We had enjoyed each other greatly, just lazing around, eating, drinking and making love. Honestly, it was now I really knew how sweet it was to be married. Apart from rare visits to some places of interest in the city, we had largely remained indoors, savoring the company of each other.

There was a rap on the door.

'Yes, come in. The door is not locked,' I said.

Meimunat entered the room.

'Good morning, bro Alex,' she greeted.

'Good morning, aunty. How was your night?'

'It was fine. I've come to ask what you will like to have for breakfast.'

'Toast bread and coffee should be okay,' I replied.

She nodded and left. Meimunat had really done well in taking good care of us. I would not forget her.

I kissed my sleeping wife. That had been my way of waking her up. We soon had our bath together and dressed up. We enjoyed the breakfast and packed our things. I called the cab driver we had been using to move around. I tipped Meimunat generously before leaving the house.

Our flight back to Lagos was smooth. As Enny and I sat side by side, we held hands like a couple genuinely in love. From the local wing of the airport at Ikeja, we took a cab to my residence - now, our residence. At Ketu Bus stop, Enny said she would prefer to alight from the cab so that she could go straight to Mile 12 market and buy meat and soup ingredients. I gave her some money for that purpose and she parted.

The driver drove me home. I put our bags in the bedroom and surveyed the house. Everything had been the way we left it. All our wedding gifts were in the second bedroom, still wrapped.

I changed to a t-shirt and jeans. While awaiting Enny, I sat in the sitting room and and watched the news channel. My phone rang. It was from the number I saved as Steph III, Steph’s American number.

I whistled to myself. Steph had finally decided to call me.

'Hello, Alex.'

'Hi, Steph. Long time no see.'

She laughed over the line. 'Are you alone or is Enny with you?'

'I'm alone. She went to the market to get some stuffs.'

'I see. So, how's everything?'

'Not bad,' I replied. 'Why did you refuse to call me all this while?'

'Because I'm crossed with you.'

'Why must you? You should understand everything.'

'It's not easy for me, Alex.'

I sighed. 'Don't worry. You'll get over it, Steph. I pray you will have a loving and understanding husband in the nearest future.'

I expected to hear an Amen, but I didn't hear a thing.

'I need a favor from you, Alex.'

A favor for Steph? I was all curious. 'What could that be?'

{The complete story is available on https://okadabooks.com/book/about/a_fatal_love_sequel_to_the_sugar_mum/23963 }
Re: A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by BigBasher: 7:14pm On Nov 26, 2020
Nice update
Re: A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by CasNova: 8:51pm On Nov 26, 2020
Go on
Re: A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by Saturn101: 7:50pm On Nov 27, 2020
Ride on
Re: A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by LoveToRead: 9:10pm On Nov 27, 2020
'I need a favor from you, Alex.'

A favor for Steph? I was all curious. 'What could that be?'

'Mum is coming back to Nigeria next week.'

'Oh, but that's good news.'

There was a pause. 'I've told her I agree to settle down in Nigeria.'

I was alert. My mind raced fast. 'I'm sure mummy will be happy to hear your change of mind.'

'That's the problem,' Steph replied. 'She has changed her mind too. She says she now prefers I should remain in America.'

I whistled shortly. 'Wow. But then you should be happy. That's what you wanted all along.'

'I don't want it again. I want to come to Nigeria. Can you help me to talk to her to change her mind?'

My mind raced again. I could understand why her mother wanted Steph to remain in the U.S. I had the sneaky conviction that she wanted the two of us to remain separated for as long as possible. But, I would not tell Steph that.

‘Did she give you reason for wanting you to stay over there?’ I asked.

‘She said I should have some working experience in America. She wants me to have at least a couple of years’ experience.’

‘That’s not a bad idea,’ I found myself saying. ‘Don’t you think it’s not entirely a bad idea?’

‘It’s not totally bad, but I feel like coming home.’

I chuckled. ‘Can you tell me why you suddenly changed your mind?’

There was another pause. ‘I just changed my mind, and that’s it,’ she said.

Again, I had another sneaky feeling: this time, that Steph was not telling me the whole truth.

‘Can you just try to tell mum that it would be better if I come home?’ Steph said.

I nodded as if she could see me. ‘Alright, I’ll see what I can do.’

‘Oh, thank you. You’re her boy and she has high opinions of you, so, just try,’ Steph said further.

I was bemused by her use of words, 'you're her boy.' I nodded again. ‘So, how’s life in the U.S?’

‘Not bad, but I miss you guys. Alex, I miss you.’

‘Well, such is life,’ I philosophized.

We chatted a bit more before terminating the conversation. I thought over the whole thing. Madam B must have planned to take Steph away, I
had no doubt. I realized it was a good idea. Steph being out of the way would make me focus on my marriage and to build it properly.

Some minutes later, Enny returned from the market. I joined her in the kitchen as she fried the chicken and prepared the soup. She was good in cooking, no doubt.

‘Steph called not long ago,’ I informed.

‘How’s she? When is she coming back?’

‘It’s like madam wants her to remain in the U.S.’

‘That will be better,’ Enny said with finality. ‘Let her work and have some working experience over there.’

I only grinned.

‘Deola would be coming over today,’ Enny said, a couple of minutes later. ‘She called me a while ago that she would soon be on her way.’

Deola was one of her younger sisters. Enny had earlier told me that she would like Deola to come and be staying with her – or rather, with us - and I had acquiesced. At twenty one, Deola was a level 200 Mass Communication student at Lagos State University.

‘No problem. She’s welcome.’

Truly, some minutes later, Deola came in with her bag. What a change! About a week and a day ago, I was the only occupant of the apartment.
Now, we were three. Glory be to God.

Some hours later, Madam B called to inform that she would be returning to Nigeria by Tuesday the following week. She explained further that

Steph would not be returning with her as she – the madam - had come to realize that it was better for her to have a couple of years’ working experience in the U.S. The way madam glibly explained the reason for her change of mind gave me no room to argue that Steph should be allowed to come back home.

[For full reading: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/a_fatal_love_sequel_to_the_sugar_mum/23963 ]
Re: A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by Zamar(m): 12:25am On Nov 28, 2020
Interesting
Re: A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by SolaRaphael: 8:16am On Nov 28, 2020
Nice reading.
Re: A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by Awesome05: 11:18am On Nov 28, 2020
Nice
Re: A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by LoveToRead: 4:08pm On Nov 28, 2020
Madam also talked about her health. She said she was in perfect health and there was no cause for alarm. I was happy she was in good mood and health.

The next day was Sunday. Enny and I went to the church in the same traditional wears. We struck people as lovely couple. In the church, it was time to dance and give thanks to almighty God.

On Monday morning, we - Enny, Deola and I - left the house early at the same time. I dropped the ladies at the Ketu bus stop while I continued on my way to Ikeja.

On getting to the office, Mandy created a little scene.

'Here comes the latest bridegroom in town,' she enthused as she got up from her seat and rushed to give me a hug.

'Hey, I'm not the latest groom,' I cautioned. 'I'm perfectly sure that between the day I did my wedding and now, many coules would have wedded.'

My cautious words did mot dwindle her enthusiasm. I could simply not understant her zeal.

Towards noon, Mr. Taju and I went to the airport to welcome Madam B from her American trip. When she finally srepped into the Arrival Hall, I could see that she looked fresh, rejuvenerated and even more beautiful.

'Welcome back, madam,' I greeted. We had a hug. Somehow, I had a vague thought that Steph might return with her. It was a mere wishful thinking, as madam had returned alone.

[For full reading: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/a_fatal_love_sequel_to_the_sugar_mum/23963 ]
Re: A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by BigBasher: 9:02pm On Nov 28, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by FairCritic(m): 8:01am On Nov 29, 2020
Nice
Re: A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by Awesome05: 2:47pm On Nov 29, 2020
Interesting
Re: A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by Zamar(m): 1:24pm On Nov 30, 2020
Carry on
Re: A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by LoveToRead: 6:41am On Dec 02, 2020
‘Look at you, Alex,’ she commented after we had hugged. ‘You look so robust. Without doubt, Enny, your wife is taking good care of you.’

As Mr. Taju drove us to madam’s mansion, she chatted excitedly about her trip. Somehow, I wished Enny and I would relocate to live in God’s own country.

Later that evening, Enny and I went to formally greet madam and to thank her for the immeasurable contributions she made towards our wedding. When we were about to leave, she gave Enny gifts of Cartier gold wrist watch, handbags, shoes and some clothes.

As I drove Enny back home, she could not but comment about madam’s generosity.

‘This woman is really generous,’ Enny said. ‘After spending so much on you, look at the exorbitant gifts she gave to me. She must be the most generous person I’ve ever seen.’

I nodded in agreement. ‘Without doubt, madam is very generous.’

Three days after Madam B had returned, Steph called me. She sounded bright. She informed that she had been shortlisted by a foremost
computer firm in the U.S and was positive about getting a good job soon.

‘Oh, that’s good news, Steph. I wish you all the best.’

‘Thanks. How’s Naija?’

I sighed. ‘All is not so well, but we thank God.’

We chatted for more several minutes before the conversation ended. I observed that she always called about noon on working days. Steph
hardly called on weekends and anytime she did, she would first ask if I was alone or if Enny was with me.

About a week after she first informed that she was shortlisted for the computer firm job, she called again to tell me that she had secured the job.

‘Congratulations,’ I enthused. I was indeed happy for her. When she told me her remuneration, I mentally calculated how much that would be in
naira. I could not but whistle when I realized how much she would be making.

‘I still miss you, Alex,’ she said.

‘You don’t have to,’ I replied. Even to me, my voice was unconvincing. ‘Steph, you’re very beautiful. I’m sure many guys over there will love to
have you as their own. Go ahead and have yourself a good man. Forget about Alex. He is happily married now. Move on with your life. You have
a wonderful life ahead of you. Live it to the best.’

I felt I had given a homily, a necessary one. There was a long pause. ‘Hello, Steph, are you still there?’

‘Yeah, I am. I wish it’s as simple as you’re trying to make it.’

‘There’s nothing difficult in it,’ I pointed out. ‘Just zero your mind to that place. America is a wonderful land. Many young ones here are ready to sell an eye to get over there and have the kind of opportunity you have.’

There was a pause. She finally promised to call again and ended the conversation. I heaved a sigh. I wished Steph would get it into her pretty head the truth of what I had said.

For full reading, visit https://okadabooks.com/book/about/a_fatal_love_sequel_to_the_sugar_mum/23963
Re: A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by BigBasher: 1:45pm On Dec 02, 2020
Nice update
Re: A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by Saturn101: 6:11pm On Dec 02, 2020
Cool
Re: A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by Zamar(m): 5:57am On Dec 03, 2020
Go on.
Re: A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by FairCritic(m): 8:26am On Dec 03, 2020
Nice one.
Re: A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by Zamar(m): 2:17pm On Dec 04, 2020
More
Re: A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by Zamar(m): 2:18pm On Dec 04, 2020
Re: A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by CasNova: 9:35pm On Dec 04, 2020
Nice one
Re: A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by LoveToRead: 10:14pm On Dec 04, 2020
I decided to be a dotting husband to my darling wife. There were days I would buy something nice for her. There were times I would branch at eatery and buy special meals for her. Almost every weekend, we would drive out for sightseeing. We visited places of interest in Lagos including the MUSON center, the National Theatre, Silverbird gallery and the bar beach.

Sometimes, I would put roses on the bed. Sometimes, I would arrange for a candle-lit dinner. She would cling and profess appreciation. We were really having the fun of our lives.

Steph had made it an habit to be calling me by noon, at least once every other day - Monday to Friday. She would tell me about her working place experience. She talked about how she was sharing an apartment with a female friend and how life was going on. She painted a very rosy picture of that place. I had a feeling she was saying all these to stimulate my interest in America. I might be wrong but that was my feeling.

About four weeks after my wedding, I was in the office working when Steph called me by Skype.

'Hello, Steph,' I smiled up at her. I could see that she locked very relaxed and happy.

'Good morning, Alex. How d'you do?'

'I'm fine. I can see that you're fine too. In fact you look very lively.'

'Yeah. Can you guess why?'

I chuckled. 'You know I'm not good at guessing.'

'Just try.'

I smiled. 'Alright. Have you got a promotion at your place of work?'

'No.'

'You won a jackpot?'

'No. I don't do that.'

I feigned exasperation. 'Tell me why you look so excited then.'

There was a long pause. She stared at my face with the radiant smile there. 'Alex, I'm pregnant.'

My face became frozen. 'What, what did you say ?' I stammered.

'I'm pregnant, Alex. I'm carrying your baby.'

My hands became stiff, so stiff that the phone dropped from my hand. It clattered on the floor and switched off. I picked it up and switched it
on again, breathing heavily. Did I hear correctly? Did she say she was carrying my baby? Oh God! Oh God!'

If indeed it was true, then there was one solution: terminate the pregnancy. No lady or woman had ever had abortion on my behest. In Steph's
case. I was really to go the bad way. My mind was in a frenzy mode. Well, so what if she was pregnant? We would go for that simple solution and that would be the end of the hassles.

I sat down and thought of many things. What if Enny knew what had happened? I visualize disappointment and pain in her countenance. No, no,
no. This whole drama must end at this stage.

Steph called back. 'What happened?' she asked.

'Sorry the phone fell down and switched off,' I explained. 'Are you really sure of what you were saying?'

'Of course. I've done the pregnancy test. It's eight weeks old.'

I whistled. Beads of sweats had started forming on my brows.

Get your copy at: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/a_fatal_love_sequel_to_the_sugar_mum/23963
Re: A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by BigBasher: 7:04am On Dec 05, 2020
Ride on.
Re: A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by SolaRaphael: 10:54am On Dec 05, 2020
Nice update
Re: A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by SeyiDominion: 1:36pm On Dec 05, 2020
Cool
Re: A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by CasNova: 4:07pm On Dec 05, 2020
Nice one
Re: A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by SeyiDominion: 2:33pm On Dec 06, 2020
Ride on.
Re: A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by Saturn101: 5:59pm On Dec 06, 2020
Cool and nice.
Re: A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by Zamar(m): 12:20pm On Dec 08, 2020
More
Re: A Fatal Love (sequel To The Sugar Mum) by BigBasher: 4:16pm On Dec 09, 2020
More

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Upgrade To Premium/elite Writer On Iwriter.com FREE | Get Paid N900/article / Family Stories: Publish Your Books On Amazon Kindle & Make Money! / Ogboju Ode Ninu Igbo Irunmole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.