Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

Three Killed As Bandits Seize Kaduna-Abuja, Zaria-Funtua Roads - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Killed As Bandits Seize Kaduna-Abuja, Zaria-Funtua Roads (18948 Views)

Ismaila Isa Funtua Is Dead / Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement / Emefiele Bowing Down For Samaila Isa Funtua, Buhari Cabal Member - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Killed As Bandits Seize Kaduna-Abuja, Zaria-Funtua Roads by HenryThegreat1(m): 5:56am On Nov 25, 2020
Hours after they were repelled and prevented by security operatives from kidnapping travelers, bandits, on Tuesday descended on Maigiginya community in Igabi Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

They killed two persons and injured two others.

The latest attack came barely eight days after armed bandits killed two persons and kidnapped many, including nine ABU students on the ever-busy Kaduna-Abuja Highway.

It also came a day after gunmen struck on Monday night, killing a driver and causing accidents where many were injured.

But, security operatives were reported to have foiled bandit attack on Zaria-Funtua Road, Giwa Local Government Area in the early hours of on Tuesday.

Also on Tuesday, dare-devil bandits suspected to be kidnappers, invaded the staff quarters of Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria, abducting a lecturer, his wife and daughter.

A source within the university told The Nation that, the suspected kidnappers were yet to contact the family of the abducted lecturer for ransom.

Speaking on the attack on Maigiginya community, a source, who preferred anonymity, said the gunmen who came on bikes, shot sporadically and killed two of their kinsmen.

The source said that, after killing two people and injuring two others, they broke into shops and looted foodstuffs before they ran back into the bush.

“I am not sure whether they are kidnappers or armed robbers, because they did not kidnap anybody. They just stole food stuff after killing and ran away,” the source said.

Confirming the three attacks in a statement, Kaduna State Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, said many of the bandits escaped into the forest with gunshot wounds.

According to the commissioner, Governor Nasir El-Rufai praised troops for the bravery and courage they exhibited in repelling the bandits on both Kaduna-Abuja and Zaria-Funtua roads.

Aruwan said: “The Kaduna State government has been informed that troops of the Operation Thunder Strike (OPTS) late Monday night successfully repelled armed bandits on the Kaduna-Abuja Road.

“The armed bandits appeared along the pipeline axis of Kakau general area in an attempt to strike, when troops engaged and repelled them with superior fire power. Many of the bandits escaped into the forest with gunshot wounds, having been denied freedom of action.

“When troops cleared the road for traffic, it was discovered that a driver was hit by the bandits who were fleeing the location. Also, two buses ran into a ditch resulting in injuries to some passengers, who were rushed to the hospital by the security operatives.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/three-killed-as-bandits-seize-kaduna-abuja-zaria-funtua-roads/

1 Share

Re: Three Killed As Bandits Seize Kaduna-Abuja, Zaria-Funtua Roads by dogmart(m): 5:59am On Nov 25, 2020
It is well with this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Killed As Bandits Seize Kaduna-Abuja, Zaria-Funtua Roads by HenryThegreat1(m): 6:04am On Nov 25, 2020
The so called leaders in that region held a meeting other time.
All they could discussed were #EndSars and social media.

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Three Killed As Bandits Seize Kaduna-Abuja, Zaria-Funtua Roads by James4358(m): 6:06am On Nov 25, 2020
Security Agencies are nt doing enough to curtail the activities of this bandits! They choose to flex muscle in the south were they r nt needed

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Killed As Bandits Seize Kaduna-Abuja, Zaria-Funtua Roads by OfficialAwol(m): 6:08am On Nov 25, 2020
CBN will not trace how their funds move now and freeze their accounts. They are more interested in Dj Switch and peaceful protesters.

Northern Youth Forum will not issue statement now, but will be foaming in the mouth if Igbos condemn Buhari administration for lack of security.

Adamu Garba will not sue the FG now, but will be displaying stupidity over Jack Dorsey doing what he wants on his app.

Kenechukwu Okeke, the aclaimed Human right Lawyer, will see nobody to sue. No. He will go mute. Abi Abuja is not affected again?

Nigeria is a joke abeg!

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Three Killed As Bandits Seize Kaduna-Abuja, Zaria-Funtua Roads by Nobody: 6:24am On Nov 25, 2020
Those criminals should allowed us cerebrate this Christmas with peace of mind naw

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Killed As Bandits Seize Kaduna-Abuja, Zaria-Funtua Roads by Yenefer(f): 6:26am On Nov 25, 2020
Propagating
Re: Three Killed As Bandits Seize Kaduna-Abuja, Zaria-Funtua Roads by gambia(m): 6:44am On Nov 25, 2020
[s]
Yenefer:
Propagating
[/s]

15 Likes

Re: Three Killed As Bandits Seize Kaduna-Abuja, Zaria-Funtua Roads by ogbu80(m): 6:45am On Nov 25, 2020
Nawao!
Re: Three Killed As Bandits Seize Kaduna-Abuja, Zaria-Funtua Roads by Eriokanmi: 6:45am On Nov 25, 2020
We await the federal government rebuttal this morning through lai Muhammad. We also expect the fake COAS to come out in his usual manner to say, scores of bandits were killed by airstrike last night in same area.

5 Likes

Re: Three Killed As Bandits Seize Kaduna-Abuja, Zaria-Funtua Roads by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 25, 2020
May God protect us

2 Likes

Re: Three Killed As Bandits Seize Kaduna-Abuja, Zaria-Funtua Roads by parzdor(m): 6:48am On Nov 25, 2020
y vx
Re: Three Killed As Bandits Seize Kaduna-Abuja, Zaria-Funtua Roads by tamdun: 6:49am On Nov 25, 2020
cry
Re: Three Killed As Bandits Seize Kaduna-Abuja, Zaria-Funtua Roads by emmykingzy: 6:50am On Nov 25, 2020
Bandits Abi Boko Haram. The North should continue deceiving themselves.

4 Likes

Re: Three Killed As Bandits Seize Kaduna-Abuja, Zaria-Funtua Roads by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:50am On Nov 25, 2020
Why call them bandits when they are terrorising the whole place

3 Likes

Re: Three Killed As Bandits Seize Kaduna-Abuja, Zaria-Funtua Roads by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 25, 2020
Fake news ...north is super peaceful

Stop trying to paint north bad

We need to send more police to the south east

Harmless ipob is the biggest treat to Nigeria !!!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Killed As Bandits Seize Kaduna-Abuja, Zaria-Funtua Roads by Dharniel600(m): 6:51am On Nov 25, 2020
Wetin dey even happen for up north self. That region is cursed I swear.

4 Likes

Re: Three Killed As Bandits Seize Kaduna-Abuja, Zaria-Funtua Roads by thatsleepboy1: 6:52am On Nov 25, 2020
TBVH, with the way things are going on in the north, I'm beginning to see these things as fake news and a propaganda the north are using to loot more money all in the name of fighting bandits and co. E don dey too much
Re: Three Killed As Bandits Seize Kaduna-Abuja, Zaria-Funtua Roads by chiiraq802(m): 6:53am On Nov 25, 2020
You won't see those acclaimed gallant Nigerian soldiers there on time....

But when they sight peaceful protesters and civilians there yeye preeq go stand.
#Yeye dey smell.

4 Likes

Re: Three Killed As Bandits Seize Kaduna-Abuja, Zaria-Funtua Roads by Rich4god(m): 6:54am On Nov 25, 2020
Arrewa, Yenefer and co.... I don't see you guys comment on this type of threads. But if it's something that has to do with the East, I know how you guys will react. I am not seeing how we can grow as a nation if we continue to turn a blind eye to things like this because our brother is at the helm of affairs.

2 Likes

Re: Three Killed As Bandits Seize Kaduna-Abuja, Zaria-Funtua Roads by NNEWIsuper: 6:58am On Nov 25, 2020
thatsleepboy1:
TBVH, with the way things are going on in the north, I'm beginning to see these things as fake news and a propaganda the north are using to loot more money all in the name of fighting bandits and co. E don dey too much
Is not fake.. I will even tell you that is underreported.. I'm in kaduna myself and have been a victim of bandit attack.. The north is a shithole cursed arid region

2 Likes

Re: Three Killed As Bandits Seize Kaduna-Abuja, Zaria-Funtua Roads by Racoon(m): 6:58am On Nov 25, 2020
The governors and the beleaguered populace are only obsessed with #EndSARS protest, social media regulation.Too bad.

2 Likes

Re: Three Killed As Bandits Seize Kaduna-Abuja, Zaria-Funtua Roads by Racoon(m): 7:00am On Nov 25, 2020
munstaqq:
You are stupid! Very stupid! If SARS were presence on our roads, the bandits won't dare.
See your life? Even bandits & BH terrorists that are killing soldiers let alone SARS police?

4 Likes

Re: Three Killed As Bandits Seize Kaduna-Abuja, Zaria-Funtua Roads by GboyegaD(m): 7:00am On Nov 25, 2020
I am still amused that these current crop of leaders are yet to resign. They all are a shame from our legislative to executive and judiciary.
Re: Three Killed As Bandits Seize Kaduna-Abuja, Zaria-Funtua Roads by Coldie(m): 7:01am On Nov 25, 2020
Fake news the north is very safe
Re: Three Killed As Bandits Seize Kaduna-Abuja, Zaria-Funtua Roads by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:02am On Nov 25, 2020
My granny travelled to Kaduna 2weeks ago and came back on Monday. When she was going I told Kaduna is a no go area she said it's a lie that I was trying to discourage her from going. Then she went. From Abuja to kaduan was hell. She planned to stay one month but immediately she got there, she wanted to run back but fear of what she experienced on her way going didn't allow her. She managed to stay two weeks. Everyday she spent there people get kidnapped and people get killed.
They even camento kidnap a man next to the house were she was and when they didn't see the man, they took his sons and left.
I think the state government is happy about what's going on there if no, why can't they invite the army on bandits the way sanwo Olu and Wike did on Lagos protesters and Obigbo people?
After liar Muhammad will come and tell us how the country is secured.

5 Likes

Re: Three Killed As Bandits Seize Kaduna-Abuja, Zaria-Funtua Roads by viralmaged: 7:02am On Nov 25, 2020
Successfully Repelled the Armed Bandits
Who is supposed to be at the repelling end?.
Are they supposed to take the war to bandits or wait for them to strike before repelling.

Until we learn the art of modern Warfare and resourceful intelligence Gathering, the Bandits and BokoHaram boys will continue to Have a field days

1 Like

Re: Three Killed As Bandits Seize Kaduna-Abuja, Zaria-Funtua Roads by Judybash93(m): 7:02am On Nov 25, 2020
GAZZUZZ:
Why call them bandits when they are terrorising the whole place

They're hoodlums

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Calistus Okafor Still In Court Over LP, Case Threatens Peter Obi's Candidacy / Thugs Destroy LP Rep Candidate, Aloba Gideon's Billboards In Ijesha / Photos: Gov Okorocha Monitors Sanitation Exercise In The State This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.