Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,588 members, 7,837,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? (8163 Views)

AGUIYI-IRONSI Decree 34 Abolishing Regionalism Sets Nigeria Back For 100 Years - / What Did Igbos Do To Buhari? - Reno Omokri Asks / Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbos Not A Serious People- Fredrick Nwabufo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by abduljabbar4(m): 2:15pm On Nov 26, 2020
AlexBells:

I'm not entirely elaborating the Igbos, there are reason to your allegations but the truth is you are dwelling so much in the past and you think of the past so much that you forgot that the future is a long way to go.

Be careful of what you wish for because it might just happen before your eyes, I said it in one of my post that Gowon or any Fulani ruler since all these while should have reverted to Regional governments but non of them thought about that. How many Igbos are in The Niger Delta compared to the Igbos in Lagos and Kano.

Does it not look to you that the very event prior to 1966 is the reality again, today Igbos dominate a large chunk of business in Lagos, Kano and Abuja, what you don't get is that the Fulanis are running out of time, the Sentiment against Buhari was a lot too much and the Fulanis had incurred a lot more hate that have made the Igbos look like saint.

Igbos have lots of men stationed to take over the Nigerian economy once the time is right, A few policy change could make Dangote see competition in his monopolised sector and when that happens you will see people like Ibeto, Innoson, Choscharis, Peace Air all topping the chat.

Please make the right Alliance power is not permanent but loyalty is very crucial, you can't tell me that Fulanis will reign forever or that Yorubas will reign forever but you see a system, will be around for a long time, since they had failed to change the system all the while, do you think it when an Igbo man gets to power he will change it lol so your lots will scapegoat us again.

Just wantch out, in life there are always ups and if you think that Igbos wont rise to maximum power in Nigeria again then I guess you are a little not in touch with reality. But if you want to work with the Igbos of our generation, we are ready to work with you but if you prefer to fight us, we are prepared for maximum retaliation

I swear to God, Igbos have a very big problem. Can you provide any evidence that shows you owning "a large chunk" of businesses in Kano and Abuja? Can you?

When you brag, especially about false claims, you only create disdain against yourself. Sometimes when I go to twitter I keep seeing Igbos calling South Africans lazy and beating their chests. Seriously man. You people have a problem. Owning a few provisions (which themselves are heavily outnumbered by those of the indigenes) does not make you a 'large chunk owner' in a state. I don't know much about Lagos, but all the top businesses in Kano and Kaduna that I know mostly belong to the government, to Chinese/foreign firms and to NORTHERN business men. In Abuja, its still usually northerners, the government, foreigners and people from all other angles of Nigeria (including the SE). Stop fooling yourselves with fruitless, unverified claims that should only be heard in beer parlors.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by GBTYO: 4:06pm On Nov 26, 2020
melodyogonna:

So you believe the polity was working? And why would the Rothschild family need a coup to establish their company?

Because they did not have willing useful idiots in the form of deranged marxists running the show.

Rothschild makes his money from a very centralized power structured society.

The regional system with it's parliamentary system would not have given Rothschild oil wells for next to nothing .

The Igbos had already lost the oil rich COR region and since the Igbos were the most radicalized to Marxism and more slavish race in the polity (see how British colonialists heaped praises on them being highly dedicated servants), they were the perfect tools to be used.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by Dedetwo(m): 4:14pm On Nov 26, 2020
SavageResponse:

Stop talking rubbish, it is not economically feasible to store large quantities of crude oil!

You are one good reason among reasons Nigeria is called basket of fools. Do you actually know what is Economics talk less of feasible?
Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by SavageResponse(m): 4:34pm On Nov 26, 2020
Dedetwo:

You are one good reason among reasons Nigeria is called basket of fools. Do you actually know what is Economics talk less of feasible?

From where I'm standing you're the only fool for miles around.

You people will come here are start peddling your beer palour gist that will not stand up to economic and scientific scrutiny.

Please mention just one country in the entire world that stores crude oil in significant quantity for long term use much less now that the world is trying to move away from fossil fuel!

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by SavageResponse(m): 5:01pm On Nov 26, 2020
Dedetwo:

If you don't know something just admit you don't know instead of trying to bamboozle people with rubbish

Let me school you...

For you to build a pipeline to carry crude oil will cost at least $150,000 per kilometer; after that you build compression stations at specific intervals to provide the force that will push the oil along the pipeline.

You may also need to include heaters because crude oil is highly viscous therefore you need to make it easier for it to flow easily in the pipeline for a long distance.

At the refinery which is the final destination you will need tanks to store the crude oil briefly from where it will go to the distillation column to be processed and broken down into the various products.

For you to store crude oil in very large quantity for use over a long period like you have suggested you would need a tank farm that will be at least the size of the the whole of Ikeja LGA and Surulere LGA combined.

No bank in the world provide finance for such a large scale project knowing fully well that the crude oil will not be processed for the next 10 years therefore there will be no revenue with which to service or repay the loan.

That is the economic angle, the scientific angle is that crude oil evaporates when brought from an oil well to the surface therefore storing it for such a long period above ground will lead to degradation and attendant loss in mass and volume.

The best place to store crude oil for the long term is inside the oil well where it naturally occurred. If you have no immediate use for it then leave it where it is!

Don't be arguing blindly over technical issues you do not understand!

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by melodyogonna(m): 5:29pm On Nov 26, 2020
GBTYO:

Because they did not have willing useful idiots in the form of deranged marxists running the show.

Rothschild makes his money from a very centralized power structured society.

The regional system with it's parliamentary system would not have given Rothschild oil wells for next to nothing .

The Igbos had already lost the oil rich COR region and since the Igbos were the most radicalized to Marxism and more slavish race in the polity (see how British colonialists heaped praises on them being highly dedicated servants), they were the perfect tools to be used.
An interesting argument I must say. So, you believe the polity was working until the coup?

Also, do you have source? For the Rothschild stuff
Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by melodyogonna(m): 5:32pm On Nov 26, 2020
SavageResponse:

If you don't know something just admit you don't know instead of trying to bamboozle people with rubbish

Let me school you...

For you to build a pipeline to carry crude oil will cost at least $150,000 per kilometer; after that you build compression stations at specific intervals to provide the force that will push the oil along the pipeline.

You may also need to include heaters because crude oil is highly viscous therefore you need to make it easier for it to flow easily in the pipeline for a long distance.

At the refinery which is the final destination you will need tanks to store the crude oil briefly from where it will go to the distillation column to be processed and broken down into the various products.

For you to store crude oil in very large quantity for use over a long period like you have suggested you would need a tank farm that will be at least the size of the the whole of Ikeja LGA and Surulere LGA combined.

No bank in the world provide finance for such a large scale project knowing fully well that the crude oil will not be processed for the next 10 years therefore there will be no revenue with which to service or repay the loan.

That is the economic angle, the scientific angle is that crude oil evaporates when brought from an oil well to the surface therefore storing it for such a long period above ground will lead to degradation and attendant loss in mass and volume.

The best place to store crude oil for the long term is inside the oil well where it naturally occurred. If you have no immediate use for it then leave it where it is!

Nice explanation

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by AlexBells(m): 8:52pm On Nov 26, 2020
abduljabbar4:

I swear to God, Igbos have a very big problem. Can you provide any evidence that shows you owning "a large chunk" of businesses in Kano and Abuja? Can you?

When you brag, especially about false claims, you only create disdain against yourself. Sometimes when I go to twitter I keep seeing Igbos calling South Africans lazy and beating their chests. Seriously man. You people have a problem. Owning a few provisions (which themselves are heavily outnumbered by those of the indigenes) does not make you a 'large chunk owner' in a state. I don't know much about Lagos, but all the top businesses in Kano and Kaduna that I know mostly belong to the government, to Chinese/foreign firms and to NORTHERN business men. In Abuja, its still usually northerners, the government, foreigners and people from all other angles of Nigeria (including the SE). Stop fooling yourselves with fruitless, unverified claims that should only be heard in beer parlors.
It is up to you to feel terrible, I have said what I had said, ask Zulum, he once said when others ran away as a result of insurgency, Igbos stayed back to render their services, I'm not here to please you, Igbos owns a large chunk of business in Lagos, Kano, Abuja, Meduguri etc...It is what it is, Deal with it,
Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by mekysmart123: 9:01pm On Nov 26, 2020
The media war has started. There foot solders are already littering cyber space. The Igbos will soon witnessed unprecedented media attack in the coming days, in preparation for 2023. Other countries plays politics of ideology, here in Nigeria politics of tribe holds sway.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by AlexBells(m): 9:09pm On Nov 26, 2020
mekysmart123:
The media war has started. There foot solders are already littering cyber space. The Igbos will soon witnessed unprecedented media attack in the coming days, in preparation for 2023. Other countries plays politics of ideology, here in Nigeria politics of tribe holds sway.
We are always here and other places to refute them, this particular poster had become so stupid that he now only talks about his gay obsession lol, Igbos get am for everything

1 Like

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by mekysmart123: 9:32pm On Nov 26, 2020
AlexBells:

We are always here and other places to refute them, this particular poster had become so stupid that he now only talks about his gay obsession lol, Igbos get am for everything
If only Igbos will be wise enough to ignore threads as these, so it dies a natural death. Some times the enemy prods you to reveal your intentions, keeping silence is the best treatment so far.
Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by GBTYO: 9:41pm On Nov 26, 2020
mekysmart123:

Bia, nna you are getting Biastard republic wether you like it or not

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by GBTYO: 9:42pm On Nov 26, 2020
mekysmart123:

If only Igbos will be wise enough to ignore threads as these, so it dies a natural death. Some times the enemy prods you to reveal your intentions, keeping silence is the best treatment so far.

Shatap

Igbos do not need enemies when they have more than enough James Nwafors.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by Misterdhee1(m): 11:00pm On Nov 26, 2020
Eteka1:
Igbos only criticize something when it no longer favours them.
This comment should be cast in gold. Hypocrisy is in their blood.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by Dedetwo(m): 11:19pm On Nov 26, 2020
SavageResponse:

From where I'm standing you're the only fool for miles around.

You people will come here are start peddling your beer palour gist that will not stand up to economic and scientific scrutiny.

Please mention just one country in the entire world that stores crude oil in significant quantity for long term use much less now that the world is trying to move away from fossil fuel!

I do not discuss intelligent and strategic issues with dunces and fools.
Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by Naajjii: 11:19pm On Nov 26, 2020
AlexBells:

You forgot it was 1966 and no one knows what running a country was really like, it was the experimental phase of our statehoo6
What is experimental there, all we know is IGBO people dismatled the regional structure we had and laid the foundation for the unitary structure we have today.Same you people will be attacking the british that they favoured the north. The british left us a regional structure where by every region mainly focused on how to make things work in its region. No hausa/fulani is controlling eastern , Ahmadu Bello was all about the north.It was you Igbo that scattered that, just your first attempt at ruling Nigeria. Now you people are crying of northern dominance. You will cry tire

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by Dedetwo(m): 11:22pm On Nov 26, 2020
SavageResponse:

Let me school you...

Please google crude oil pipeline in a shithole such as Nigeria. You are so clueless to be recognized.
Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by Naajjii: 11:29pm On Nov 26, 2020
mekysmart123:

You want to Ignore the truth, grin grin you people created the regional government to dominate the north and their resources but the north played the game better than you, all you do everyday now is to cry of marginalisation.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by Misterdhee1(m): 11:41pm On Nov 26, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

Aboki get lost. I have no time for dialogue with donkey herder.

I appeal to Yoruba and Igbo people, do not let sentiments and pains of 1966/67 block you from doing the right thing in 2020. Arewa is desperate. They see where things are heading and they are determined to quash it. Their propaganda in nl has been successful for many years. Things are different now.

When NBA disinvited bigot elrufai we saw what they did in north. When EndSARS was in south we also saw their reaction in north. Even their emirs and governors condemned our youths, they didnt care if they were Yoruba or Igbo they condemned us for asking for end of brutal police treatment and went on to praise their youths for supporting sars and brutality.

Brothers and sisters of East and West, open eyes and be clear in your thinking. Arewa is our joint enemy. We have succeeded in breaking their yoke and they are unsettled by it.

This thread is a arewa agenda. Kill it!
The question is - how do we stop the support "aboki agenda.?" The average yoruba man wants a switch back to regionalism. Can you please state the feasible thing the average igbo man wants? Or you guys seemingly want yorubas to support your fight for dominance with the north to push the narrative in your favor? There has to be a clear defined objective to warrant the so called "southern unity."

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by Dedetwo(m): 12:30am On Nov 27, 2020
Misterdhee1:

The question is - how do we stop the support "aboki agenda.?" The average yoruba man wants a switch back to regionalism. Can you please state the feasible thing the average igbo man wants? Or you guys seemingly want yorubas to support your fight for dominance with the north to push the narrative in your favor? There has to be a clear defined objective to warrant the so called "southern unity."

Simple disintegration of the shithole called Nigeria to form nation states. This will allow clean break from anything Nigeria. Regionalism you seemed to embrace remains Nigeria.
Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by AsiwajuNdigbo: 1:00am On Nov 27, 2020
Misterdhee1:

My brother go here the link below go read. Reply after you finished and i go receive the ping from your reply. Then i go come back here and show two things to you.

https://www.nairaland.com/6279715/federated-south-what-southerners-must#96448621
Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by GBTYO: 8:07am On Nov 27, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

My brother go here the link below go read. Reply after you finished and i go receive the ping from your reply. Then i go come back here and show two things to you.

https://www.nairaland.com/6279715/federated-south-what-southerners-must#96448621

Keep blaming Ab0ki and labelling me as their agent for telling you the truth.

For over 60 years now you have refused to see your faults and admit your roles in bringing about this same skewed structure which you keep complaining.

You Igbos are really terrible liars and hypiceites .

Your constant victimhood is based on your anger of not bennefiting from the rubbish you started.

Keep posting and exposing your hyoicrisy.

None of you have provided any counter to my reasons on wthy you staged a coup and from there dismantled the regional structure.

You are terrible idiots who now claim igbophobia and tribalism like your Jewish masters who use racism and anti-Semitism to shout down all truth against them.

Liars.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by AsiwajuNdigbo: 8:23am On Nov 27, 2020
GBTYO:

Keep blaming Ab0ki and labelling me as their agent for telling you the truth.

For over 60 years now you have refused to see your faults and admit your roles in bringing about this same skewed structure which you keep complaining.

You Igbos are really terrible liars and hypiceites .

Your constant victimhood is based on your anger of not bennefiting from the rubbish you started.

Keep posting and exposing your hyoicrisy.

None of you have provided any counter to my reasons on wthy you staged a coup and from there dismantled the regional structure.

You are terrible idiots who now claim igbophobia and tribalism like your Jewish masters who use racism and anti-Semitism to shout down all truth against them.

Liars.

Cow herder, what yeye question do you need me to answer? What freak question is that? Mtchw

This is 2020, any question in 60s is irrelevant to current affairs in nigeria. So mind youself.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by GBTYO: 8:31am On Nov 27, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

Cow herder, what yeye question do you need me to answer? What freak question is that? Mtchw

This is 2020, any question in 60s is irrelevant to current affairs in nigeria. So mind youself.

Igbo Jew slave , unlike you we don't forget our past .

I will continue exposing your hyoicrisy , lies and lame attempts to deny the truth.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by T9ksy(m): 5:32pm On Nov 27, 2020
GBTYO:

You will starve and kill yourselves .

That's why like the yaribanza you need one Nijeriya.

Olodo, mecheonu jo, Yorubas don't need one nigeria.

In fact, one united nigeria is our Achilles heel...........we were faring much better than any other region in the country when we were in charge of our

own affairs. That was until some ydiot insisted that we will be better off as a united country and without even conducting a plebiscite, forcefully foisted

unitarism on us.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by Kingspin(m): 5:46pm On Nov 27, 2020
Eteka1:
Igbos only criticize something when it no longer favours them.
You talk like you don't know

As a man from the East, Zamfara gold belong to Zamfara people same with Niger Delta Oil.

My village has no oil well, so what am I doing with someone land in Sokoto. Is that not natural greed?

Who are those against Niger Delta oil? They are the real enemy and the reason why Nigeria will know no peace.

The plan is simple to restructure. So that you manage whatever is in your father's land.

It doesn't serve Igbo serves everybody.
Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by abduljabbar4(m): 6:47pm On Nov 27, 2020
AlexBells:

It is up to you to feel terrible, I have said what I had said, ask Zulum, he once said when others ran away as a result of insurgency, Igbos stayed back to render their services, I'm not here to please you, Igbos owns a large chunk of business in Lagos, Kano, Abuja, Meduguri etc...It is what it is, Deal with it,

They stayed back to maintain their kioskstongue

Oh yes, I'm dealing with it... By laughing my lungs out.

Self delusion is a disease among Igbo folks

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by AlexBells(m): 7:08pm On Nov 27, 2020
abduljabbar4:

They stayed back to maintain their kioskstongue

Oh yes, I'm dealing with it... By laughing my lungs out.

Self delusion is a disease among Igbo folks
Thanks, let's see who laughs last, see you in the future
Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by mosdii(m): 7:45pm On Nov 27, 2020
Interesting arguments.
Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by KwaraRat: 8:50am On Aug 13, 2021
Bump
Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by KwaraRat: 8:53am On Aug 13, 2021
AlexBells:

You forgot it was 1966 and no one knows what running a country was really like, it was the experimental phase of our statehoo6

This is by far the most stupid comment you or anyone has ever made on nairaland and that is saying a lot.

Fool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ojukwu Was Unbelievably Selfish, Greedy, And Self-centered--- Chief Uwechue / CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot / Lili Gabari Dies At 86

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.