Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle (9120 Views)

MI Abaga And Iceprince Zamani Announced As New CEO And VP Of Chocolate City Musi / VIDEO: E.M.E's Sun Mo Mi and Behind the Scene Pics / Lyrics Of Molowo Noni By Samklef Ft. Wizkid, D'prince And Iceprince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by mikuz(m): 2:02pm On Mar 26, 2011
@slimshay
shut ya trap! What do u know abt lyricism?
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by tosinaded(m): 2:17pm On Mar 26, 2011
We have the wrongest peeps as mi fans i swear! Look at the rubbish they are posting!
@eldee where are u abeg. . .

Enuf of this nonsense
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by Ibime(m): 3:52pm On Mar 26, 2011
From Slimshay:

I snipe like Wesley or I solo like Isolo
Back in the day in The Source magazine, they had a section called NEGRO PLEASE! To highlight wack lyrics.

We should have a similar section on Nairaland for peeps like MI.
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by mikuz(m): 3:57pm On Mar 26, 2011
Scumbags
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by mikuz(m): 4:09pm On Mar 26, 2011
WESLEY SNIPES : i SNIPE like WESLEY wack? Blood of God!
See them!How can u judge a rapper's lyrical adventurism with a freestyle?
Mtcheew!!
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by fdigital(m): 4:27pm On Mar 26, 2011
@all. . .You guys should always bear in mind that for you to call yourself a rap artist ,first' you must always have the mental alertness to spit, rhym poeticaly and deliver pointful lines anytime beat no beat . .of which M.i have just disproved himself of being the no1 rapper as hyped twice. .
Even his socalled free style trks are script lyrics.
The real rappaz in naija knows his living on a faked glory. Fine his a good lyricist but on the rap game he aint keeping it real. .
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by Slyr0x: 4:52pm On Mar 26, 2011
fdigital:

@all. . .You guys should always bear in mind that for you to call yourself a rap artist ,first' you must always have the mental alertness to spit, rhym poeticaly and deliver pointful lines anytime beat no beat . .of which M.i have just disproved himself of being the no1 rapper as hyped twice. .
Even his socalled free style trks are script lyrics.
The real rappaz in naija knows his living on a faked glory. Fine his a good lyricist but on the rap game he aint keeping it real. .

#GBAM. .Its just a matter of time bruv. .We def. have catz to watch out for. . .X.O., Ghetto P, KH_Phenom, Teeto Ceemos

Give ths 4 any beat to freestyle on and dey'll surely deliver ANYDAY, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE. .WORD!
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by javalove(m): 5:06pm On Mar 26, 2011
mikuz:

Mccoy u no get sense! Did u even listen 2 d intro of dat jam?
He said "to me this is the hotest beat i heard all last year/ i had 2 do sumtin on dis track mehn/
wtf!!?apart from d fact dat he called it a freestyle everyone knows dat M.I always makes use of strong smileys and metaphors like :
"am on top of the continent like CAIRO"
"am a barren avacado/no PEAR(PEER)"
"I snipe like wesley"

[size=&8pt]simply dope![/size]
And not :

"am hot your not, gbolo/u cnt copy me[size=18pt] i solo like isolo/"[/size]
"girls flock 2 him in twos like noah/
am gettin higher d rest sink lower/"
"swerve through the crowd like okada/

their fada/
wackademus! Compared 2 M.I's lyrics standard!
So get it!lol

ELEDA IYA MI OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LIKE SERIOUSLY§ § § §QRE U FOR REAL. . . .

YOU CALL ALL THESE RUBBISH DOPE. . . .

EHEHEHEH. . . .I THINK SEUN NEEDS TO BE CHECKING WAEC AND JQMB RESULTS BEFORE POSTINGS ARE ALLOWED ON THIS FORUM

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by yoji: 5:17pm On Mar 26, 2011
I hate to burst your'l bubble but freestylin is just one of those side attractions in rap and dats y 2pac, arguably d greatest rapper was no freestyler. ur career will forever be judged by ur IMPACT! And that's y nigerian football will always grade Garba lawal over Pius ikedia despite havin inferior skills to d latter.
Of course there are lots of amazin lyricists out there but it takes more than dat. Most rappers to me are on d same level, that's when impact seperates d big fish from d others. Mi's impact include
 1- makin chocolate city one of d biggest record companies around
 2-givin previously unknown artists break-throughs
 3-BET recognition
Unless u do one or more of d above, u gats to chill. Oh and asper d freestylin, he can freestyle, besides bein a 5 aside champion doesn't guarantee u'l perform @ wembly
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by tosinaded(m): 5:26pm On Mar 26, 2011
Mikuz wen did u start listening to rap? As in seriously!
Ure a shame to rap music lovers. . .

How old are u sef, u just dey jabo anyhow, spitting nursery rhymes 4rm mi and making noise!

Go listen to 123hiphop, u'l have better lines to post abeg!
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by Mobinga: 5:39pm On Mar 26, 2011
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA BIRTCH ASS!
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by slimshay(m): 5:59pm On Mar 26, 2011
@Mikuz, young-blood chill, your bp high, you might spill. . . .I try? Lmao

@Ibime, I thot we had a wack lyrics thread, go see as Mobinga open the guy yansh for dere. . . . IllegalMusic2 sha, we are waiting.

@tosin allow the boy jare, e dey even explain why snipe like wesley na dope bar. Bwahahaha.
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by Mobinga: 6:25pm On Mar 26, 2011
mikuz:

He said "to me this is the hotest beat i heard all last year/ i had 2 do sumtin on dis track mehn/
wtf!!?apart from d fact dat he called it a freestyle everyone knows dat M.I always makes use of strong smileys and metaphors like :
[size=15pt]"am on top of the continent like CAIRO"
"I snipe like wesley"
simply dope!
And not :
[/size]

"am hot your not, gbolo/u cnt copy me i solo like isolo/"
their fada/
So get it!lol

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a similar thread like this in the Celebrity section, I saw a lot of wack lines I went in and cleared them up.
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by mykali(m): 7:07pm On Mar 26, 2011
This Mikuz guy na comedian. Make una leave am. Him dey crack me up. . .lmao
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by Esinwaju: 7:59pm On Mar 26, 2011
You lot can keep berating M.I all you want but the fact is that the dude is dope irrespective of whether or not he can freestyle.
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by kushe: 8:48pm On Mar 26, 2011
childish hip hop heads that cant draw a fine line between entertainment and music fundamentalism.grow up u lot talking crap about m.i.
been around a bit and from san francisco to milwaukee,philly to queens,dallas to atlanta,hip hop fans are basically the same,rude and annoying childish folks dat more often than not dont understand an artist is a person with his own aspirations and dreams.

has winning any rap battles bought anyone u know a nice ride,i dont think so.how about a nice crib,not even in yankee.so why all the noise.
i live in london and everyone i know loves mi to smitherings and ice prince too.they are loved cos they make popular music ppl can unwind to,like the flavour and m i joint and that oleku track.who cares if they go autistic on a live show?

i am sure m i is leaving better now and prolly pushing nice whips while u overzealous or jobless fans talk trash here.how much money all dem guys u be shouting about got ? and some fool talking about going commercial,u lot be kids here. make it to 30,get a wife and carry your critical nigerian acclaim and go rent house or put pikin for school,telling shi.t about spitting 64 bars.who in the real world cares about all dat ?

m i ,if u can hear me or ever read this,u are very releveant and that is what matters most.make ur paper now cos u might not always be on top of the rap game yet u will hav bills to pay.so goodluck while u are at it.

funny 2 wks ago,we was watching the new diddy and dirty money video,coming home,and my friend goes 'diddy cannot rap to save his life' and i was like i still love the song. very next day forbes announces diddy has the highest networth in hip hop,so guess who the real MC [money chief] is ?
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by tosinaded(m): 9:52pm On Mar 26, 2011
kushe:

childish hip hop heads that cant draw a fine line between entertainment and music fundamentalism.grow up u lot talking crap about m.i.
been around a bit and from san francisco to milwaukee,philly to queens,dallas to atlanta,hip hop fans are basically the same,rude and annoying childish folks dat more often than not dont understand an artist is a person with his own aspirations and dreams.

has winning any rap battles bought anyone u know a nice ride,i dont think so.how about a nice crib,not even in yankee.so why all the noise.
i live in london and everyone i know loves mi to smitherings and ice prince too.they are loved cos they make popular music ppl can unwind to,like the flavour and m i joint and that oleku track.who cares if they go autistic on a live show?

i am sure m i is leaving better now and prolly pushing nice whips while u overzealous or jobless fans talk trash here.how much money all dem guys u be shouting about got ? and some fool talking about going commercial,u lot be kids here. make it to 30,get a wife and carry your critical nigerian acclaim and go rent house or put pikin for school,telling shi.t about spitting 64 bars.who in the real world cares about all dat ?

m i ,if u can hear me or ever read this,u are very releveant and that is what matters most.make your paper now cos u might not always be on top of the rap game yet u will hav bills to pay.so goodluck while u are at it.

funny 2 wks ago,we was watching the new diddy and dirty money video,coming home,and my friend goes 'diddy cannot rap to save his life' and i was like i still love the song. very next day forbes announces diddy has the highest networth in hip hop,so guess who the real MC [money chief] is ?

u know the difference btwn u and most of us? We both love him yeah. . . .buh most of us unlike u, still av our common sense!

So because i luv mi's music, i shld clap 4 him for going on air to disgrace himself.

Or because he is making money and the whole of london luvs i shld accept that "i solo like isolo" is a great line?

Think b4 posting next time. . . So u dnt seem like u re fighting urself. . U just dey vex 4 nothing
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by kushe: 10:17pm On Mar 26, 2011
been following hip hop since i was a kid like 8 or somein @tosin aded or whatever ur username is and twenty something years after,it is still basically the same thing. nobody remembers critical acclaim till you drop dead and they eulogise you like everybody be doing nate dogg now.
music is an art and once u decide to put ur art out there,u had better make some money rather than 'critical acclaim' cos bills will never stop rolling.

in my own opinion talib kwali is prolly like the best rapper in the world,but how much has that put in his pocket.even mos deff done sold out,by going hollywood. these guys realize critical acclaim dont pay the mortgage or settle child support,so let african rapper numero uno go on soun,cos the whole of london be feeling you meeeeeeeehn whether your brain freeze or not on top live tv or radio.nuffin do u cos u dey rhyme and u make sense die pass charlie loco sheen.

in lagos now by the way and i bought a cd at maryland,and i am loving the record. whaaaaaaaaat ? can anyone tell me about this olamide kid , fantastic slurry delivery , i am sure lil wayne will be proud to realize he has yoruba proteges.highly recommended for anyone who loves feel good music and i sure hope the guy blows cos he deserves to.
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by Mobinga: 12:23am On Mar 27, 2011
kushe:

m i ,if u can hear me or ever read this,u are very releveant and that is what matters most.make your paper now cos u might not always be on top of the rap game yet u will hav bills to pay.so goodluck while u are at it.

WTF??!! This is the dumbest comment on this thread yet! An absolute shocker shocked shocked shocked shocked My friend STFU. You know nothing about Hip Hop. Its cool you make money, but if you making money through Hip Hop, you've got to carry on tradition!

They are in a position to give us something and we listen to, when its WACK , Its phucking WACK! And MI Jude Abaga is so Phucking wack!
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by tosinaded(m): 3:19am On Mar 27, 2011
Kushe i undastand u perfectly! Buh common man, u dnt claim african rapper number1 and then go to a freestyle show and not deliver! Thats a no-no for a rapper. .

The album u bought at maryland is rapsodi by olamide!
And trust me,u wnt regret it. . . .

And as 4 ma name, am sure tosinadeda shlnt be a hard name to spell, esp wen it is right in ur face
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by mikuz(m): 7:23am On Mar 27, 2011
Ok fine i agree,am a hiphop newbie,am a kidsa,nd wot hav u?
just bcuz i sed 'i snipe like wesley' is a dope bar.but to say that 'diddy cant rap to save his life' is an hiphop blasephemy,dat dude shld stop listenin 2 hip hop or rap music!wats wrong wit d way diddy spat tight verses on dat jam?mehn he killed dat track like d way modo killed ruggedy on dat death blow track!haha!oboy dat junkie needs 2 get his head examined jor!
So diddy na singer abi? WTF!! NAH I CANT TAKE THIS ONE!!
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by mikuz(m): 7:51am On Mar 27, 2011
Ha! Tosin aded i tink u're getin it wrong!
How many mcs cn go 2 a radio station n claim dey're beta dan M.I witout being mocked?evn if dey ar beta freestylers.
Dia's absolutely natin 2 freestyling,cuz it is wot any body cn do including me,bt dia's sumtin M.I is capable of dat no oda "rapper" cn do : dat is being second best to mode 9 nd aint dat wot really matters? Cuz mode nine is on top of d country like sokoto if am not mistaken! Na beans? Chikena!
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by kushe: 7:54am On Mar 27, 2011
@mobinga, bros i am 33 and i use to buy the source and blackbeat as far back as 95,trust me,i hav been following hip hop since b4 LL went 'mama said knock u out',i still remember some of my de la soul,arrested development,epmd lyrics.i  was never into public enemy or nwa but at least i liked snoop when he spat his first rhymes in nothing but a g thang,how about the fuschnickens b4 eazy e gave us bone thugs and harmony.

i love the hip hop energy on this forum but guys,lets not miss the crux of my gist.if u do hip hop for the love,u had better hav a solid income earner or a 9 to 5.how many chicks love critically acclaimed artists ? trust me chicks are not that patient to process complex stuff and guess who be at the top 10 rows in even hip hop concerts. chicks screaming and recording un clear trash on their mobile phones.they only care about stuff they hear on the radio or at the clubs,and if crazy hot chicks with their nails done and hair did suddenly remember they are nigerians cos they hear that crazy intro in african rapper no 1,and start migrating to the centre of the dance floor,now that is what true hip hop is and m i is its current ambassador.

ever been to a block party?i was at one in brooklyn in 97 shortly after biggie passed and it gave me more insight into the hip hop culture and origins.i sure hope mode nine got other sources of income cos that critical acclaim thing aint moving a muscle.and to be commercially successful,u need real fans,not cyber rats that jump on every attempt to pull u down,always reeling out history they just researched courtesy google.
i am hip hop bros,and a true fan,bought the 16.99 CDs and went to the concerts long before chatrooms went mainstream. so salute me soldier like olamide says in eni duro cos i dont talk hip hop,i also bought the merchandise.

but my point is, we all growing up and in the real world,peoples got bills to pay.we criticize those we love the most and some of dem foolishly try to impress us instead of researching how to give us the next hit record. established record labels drop you if your acclaim becomes too critical cos underground fame dont pay shareholders dividends.i hate ladygaga with a passion and just cant get the hype about her,but record companies that passed on her,her biting their fingers.she made 65 millions last year and is prolly akon's joker. mind you akon started out grimy,but woke up fast and see what happened.where are dem raekwon,redman,mc ren,hope they dont default on their bills.
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by McCoy91(m): 8:39am On Mar 27, 2011
mikuz:

Ok fine i agree,am a hiphop newbie,am a kidsa,nd wot hav u?
just bcuz i sed 'i snipe like wesley' is a dope bar.but to say that 'diddy cant rap to save his life' is an hiphop blasephemy,dat dude shld stop listenin 2 hip hop or rap music!wats wrong wit d way diddy spat tight verses on dat jam?mehn he killed dat track like d way modo killed ruggedy on dat death blow track!haha!oboy dat junkie needs 2 get his head examined jor!
So diddy na singer abi? WTF!! NAH I CANT TAKE THIS ONE!!
Dude, you really need to STFU. You've said enough crap to last you a month. Did I ever talk about M.I2 on this thread? All I did was take exception to you saying mo' gbono feli feli is a freestyle. And what's all this nonsense^ you are posting? You need to go listen to your fav artiste Rebecca Black and leave hip hop alone.
@kushe, you make a lotta sense. But no one is against M.I being commercial. We are just saying, if you claim to be the best rapper, you have to, erm, be the best rapper or at least nearly the best.
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by mikuz(m): 9:53am On Mar 27, 2011
@mc_coy
WTF? WAS i refering to u?
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by McCoy91(m): 10:07am On Mar 27, 2011
mikuz:

"am on top of the continent like CAIRO"
"I snipe like wesley"
simply dope!
And not :

"am hot your not, gbolo/u cnt copy me i solo like isolo/"
their fada/
So get it!lol
I guess you did
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by McCoy91(m): 10:22am On Mar 27, 2011
ok, to cut long story short, I don't think that was a freestyle. If you do, ok.
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by slimshay(m): 10:26am On Mar 27, 2011
Kushe you make some good points but sadly that horse has been beaten, drawn, quartered and boiled in oil. Hence I'll leave it to rest.

The crux of the matter is this, MI messed up a freestyle session. The defense is that 'So what? Freestyling isn't all that'

For the avoidance of doubt I repeat just as some knowledgeable people than myself on here have said: FREESTYLING IS A VERY IMPORTANT ASPECT OF HIPHOP.

Giving 2pac as an example to the contrary is quite the fallacy. I'll leave it at that, because even my person sef talk am. Bam whaitido man wink
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by Esinwaju: 12:49pm On Mar 27, 2011
Mobinga:

WTF??!! This is the dumbest comment on this thread yet! An absolute shocker shocked shocked shocked shocked My friend STFU. You know nothing about Hip Hop. Its cool you make money, but if you making money through Hip Hop, you've got to carry on tradition!

They are in a position to give us something and we listen to, when its WACK , Its phucking WACK! [b] And MI Jude Abaga is so Phucking wack! [/b]
I believe this one of those tongue in cheek remarks we often make.
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by yinkalink(f): 1:00pm On Mar 27, 2011
I dnt care. Stil luv 'em die.
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by eghost247(m): 9:23am On Mar 28, 2011
yinkalink:

I dnt care. Stil luv 'em die.
^^most sensible post on this thread
Re: Sorry Ur Favorite Rappers, Mi And Iceprince Cant Freestyle by Bamsyle2(m): 10:13am On Mar 28, 2011
slimshay:

Kushe you make some good points but sadly that horse has been beaten, drawn, quartered and boiled in oil. Hence I'll leave it to rest.

Slim, fact is Kushe made a lotta brilliant points, although the thrust of his argument ain't the focus of this thread, I had to agree with him . . . Rap Music has evolved, and the so-called 'hip hop heads' screaming "keep it real" are same guys that'll be laughing in your face when the chips are down.

I respect all artistes if they ain't wack - whether they're underground or mainstream . . . fact is, just be dope (lyrically) or sound dope (rhythmically) . . . Rap is Music.

The crux of the matter is this, MI messed up a freestyle session. The defense is that 'So what? Freestyling isn't all that'

I don't have a prob with folks saying "MI messed up a freestyle session" . . . but I have an issue with peops translating that to mean "MI is wack", just the same way I don't believe that the best rappers are battle rappers. Assignment - all the 'hip hop heads' in the house should go dig up their dope rappers' records - they all messed up at some point of their career.

For the avoidance of doubt I repeat just as some knowledgeable people than myself on here have said: FREESTYLING IS A VERY IMPORTANT ASPECT OF HIPHOP.

I agree . . .

But your inability to freestyle takes nutin away from your CV as a rapper . . . it might make your career a wee bit more impressive, but it doesn't mean you're a dope rapper. Though arguable, I regard Jin as a "Top 3" freestyle rapper, but I'm yet to see him in any Top 50 Greatest or Best Rappers List.

Giving 2pac as an example to the contrary is quite the fallacy. I'll leave it at that, because even my person sef talk am. Bam whaitido man wink

Hehe, I didn't even mention Pac . . . of course "Pac" and "freestyle" don't go together like Bonny n Clyde. I'll never bring in Pac to disprove freestyles . . . I just agreed with some comment about Pac being the greatest, though not a freestyler.

Letz even forget all that, my case is simple - 90-sumn% of rappers are spitting pre-written verses and calling 'em freestyles . . . I recognize a true freestyle verse when I hear it . . . I know how it comes out when being performed . . . and I'm afraid just a handful of catz do it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

VIDEO: Simi – I Dun Care / Dagrin On Jimmy's Jump Off : Its Craaazy / MP3: Kranium – Can’t Believe Ft. Wizkid & Ty Dolla $ign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.