Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 - TV/Movies (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 (128968 Views)

Poll: What is Your Taste of Movie?

Horror: 8% (64 votes)
Fiction: 7% (53 votes)
Action: 19% (143 votes)
Comedy: 17% (130 votes)
Tragedy: 2% (19 votes)
Adventure: 15% (111 votes)
Mission: 5% (38 votes)
Bad Movies: 2% (16 votes)
Zombie: 0% (5 votes)
Vampire: 3% (29 votes)
Evil: 1% (9 votes)
Romance: 15% (117 votes)
This poll has ended

That Movie You Can't Get Tired Of Watching / If You Watched This Series, You Are Too Older Than You Think / What Was The Last Movie You Watched? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (97) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Vieira(m): 1:44am On May 18, 2011
obinna5000:

@Ogaga4Luv
I have mixed feelings for this CITIZEN KANE. undecided I had the same feeling when watching 2001 - A Space Odyssey. One just has to be patient when watching it. cheesy

I tried watching 2001 twice and failed twice! Maybe third time lucky.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by obinna5000(m): 4:59am On May 18, 2011
semid4lyfe:

[i]Shey dem take old movies swear for Ogaga? grin tongue

@semid4lyfe
There's nothing wrong in watching old films.

@Vieira
I managed to watch 2001 to the very end. Too slow paced if you ask me.

@topic
THE LINCOLN LAWYER (2011) smiley
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:34am On May 18, 2011
[size=13pt]But you keep sleeping right? [/size]

obinna5000:

@Ogaga4Luv
I know. Its the kind of that makes you enter sleep mode. cheesy I tried my best to stay awake.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:42am On May 18, 2011
[size=13pt]Yeah - The third time you maybe lucky not to fail or fall asleep like us .[/size]

Vieira:

I tried watching 2001 twice and failed twice! Maybe third time lucky.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by obinna5000(m): 11:44am On May 18, 2011
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]But you keep sleeping right? [/size]

@Ogaga4Luv
No be small thing. grin grin

Citizen Kane + 2001: A Space Odyssey = classic Sleep inducing films cheesy
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:54am On May 18, 2011
[size=13pt]Yeah Obinna5000 of Nairaland. . . It's Da Big Thing jare! but though , annoying when you hope so see interesting things from your screen you see something else [/size]

obinna5000:

@Ogaga4Luv
No be small thing. grin grin

Citizen Kane + 2001: A Space Odyssey = classic Sleep inducing films cheesy
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:57am On May 18, 2011
[size=13pt]I love Old Classic Movies my dear. . . so many of them make sense and i have learn from em . Well , swears don't work on me base on my standard of life .[/size]

semid4lyfe:

Shey dem take old movies swear for Ogaga? grin tongue

@ topic
Megamind [2010]

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by obinna5000(m): 12:06pm On May 18, 2011
@Ogaga4Luv
Funny enough, Citizen Kane and 2001 have massive critical acclaims. Lots of positive reviews.  undecided

I like your smileys.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:15pm On May 18, 2011
[size=13pt]Too long, too dark, too talky, too arty. Orson Welles was a ponderous, overrated bore, the cinematic equivalent of William Faulkner

Thank you Obinna5000 of Nairaland. . . I prefer using my smileys most of the time than using the Nairaland smileys .
[/size]

obinna5000:

@Ogaga4Luv
Funny enough, Citizen Kane and 2001 have massive critical acclaims. Lots of positive reviews.  undecided

I like your smileys.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:26pm On May 18, 2011

[size=13pt]American History X
American History X will go down in my memory as one of the best dramatic films ever. It pulled no punches, dealing with racism in its most extreme, violent form, illustrating well how destructive bigotry can be to those unwillingly exposed to its venom and hatred. Undoubtedly the star and shining light of this film was Edward Norton, who finally broke through into the elite of Hollywood, where he fully deserves to be. His portrayal of Derek Vineyard was flawless, hardened bigot one moment, reformed and remorseful killer the next.

No doubt that in any other year he would have walked off with Best Actor, his performance was breathtaking. Ed Furlong also delivered a really top performance, as the younger impressionable Danny, delivering his best performance since Terminator 2. Gritty and harsh, this film will live in my memory for a long time to come, not only for the shocking nature of it, but for the best dramatic performance by an actor in a long time. 9 out of 10.
[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by obinna5000(m): 1:29pm On May 18, 2011
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt][font=OldMan Book Style][sup]Too long, too dark, too talky, too arty. Orson Welles was a ponderous, overrated bore, the cinematic equivalent of William Faulkner

@Ogaga4Luv of Nairaland
cheesy grin

How do I get the smileys?
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by lalaboi(m): 2:49pm On May 18, 2011
No strings Attached. . . .

So so
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 18, 2011
BlackBerry Babes
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:57pm On May 18, 2011
[size=13pt]Hello Obinna5000 of Nairaland dear. . . .

I have already PM you on facebook . check out your inbox .
[/size]

obinna5000:

@Ogaga4Luv of Nairaland
cheesy grin

How do I get the smileys?
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by obinna5000(m): 7:19pm On May 18, 2011
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Hello Obinna5000 of Nairaland dear. . . .

I have already PM you on facebook . check out your inbox .
[/size]

@Ogaga4Luv
Seen. wink
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by chiogo(f): 8:53pm On May 18, 2011
Hanna
Cat woman
Easy A
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by iice(f): 7:47am On May 19, 2011
Thor: Tales of Asgard
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Vieira(m): 2:33pm On May 19, 2011
iice:

Thor: Tales of Asgard

Is it any good? I want to order it but not sure if I should wait for the price to drop.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by iice(f): 2:57pm On May 19, 2011
It was nice but i prefer the Hulk Vs Thor to it.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by obinna5000(m): 3:41pm On May 19, 2011
A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET (1984)
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:39pm On May 19, 2011
[size=13pt]Good friend. . . just lemmi know if you liked em .[/size]

obinna5000:

@Ogaga4Luv
Seen. wink
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:59pm On May 19, 2011
[size=13pt]Nightmare on Elm Street is one of the best horror films ever and of course its one of the best films from the master of horror Wes Craven.One of the best things about the movie is the introduction of one of the best slasher killers ever Freddy Krueger!This is one of the best slasher films ever because they didn't make it about a person who turns out to be super human and kills on a vengeful day for them or on a holiday.

It was just a cool psychological aspect to kill and torment his victims which makes the film so thrilling and brilliant.So if you have not seen this classic, man your missing out its a really good film so go see it. 9.3 out of 10 stars
[/size]

obinna5000:

A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET (1984)
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:16pm On May 19, 2011

[size=13pt]
North by Northwest
Non-stop suspense, action and humour. I gave this a 9 out of 10. Cary is at his best here and should have had an Oscar (hard to believe that that particular year it went to one note Charlton Heston!). I would have loved to have seen Grace Kelly portray the Kendall role, she would have delivered the ice Eve Marie Saint tried and did not quite succeed in pulling off. All the support bits are great - I recognise so many stock players from this movie.

James Mason is great and also Martin Landau in his first role. Quite daring for 1959 in its implied sexuality - though I understand that one of Eve's lines on the train was dubbed over as being too risque - she apparently says "I never make love on an empty stomach" and that is dubbed to "I don't discuss making love. . . . " one for the trivia books. Up there with "Rear Window" as my favourite Hitchcocks .
[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Vieira(m): 8:52pm On May 19, 2011
iice:

It was nice but i prefer the Hulk Vs Thor to it.

Yeah that was a cool film, hope we get to see that battle in the Avengers movie.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by obinna5000(m): 9:11pm On May 19, 2011
@Ogaga4Luv
I remember watching NORTH BY NORTHWEST on TCM. It was cool.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by kaypumpin2(m): 11:13pm On May 19, 2011
Queen
Kite Runner
Switch
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by eghost247(m): 11:46pm On May 19, 2011
Pirate Of the Carribean On Stranger Tides hmm quite interesting but not the best out of the pirate of the Caribbean series Johnny was on Point as Usual 7/10

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Vieira(m): 1:00am On May 20, 2011

Very disturbed film of a cop behaving badly, I mean as bad as it can get!

Cage for once in recent memory in a decent film.

For you moral types, this movies message may upset you, as bad behaviour is actually rewarded!

Eva Mendes is as hot as usual.

6/10
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by iice(f): 1:56am On May 20, 2011
Vieira:

Yeah that was a cool film, hope we get to see that battle in the Avengers movie.

I hope so!
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 3:40am On May 20, 2011
the japanese wife.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by teeluv(m): 11:21am On May 20, 2011
drive angry, rubbish
why does cage keep doin this to me,
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:39pm On May 20, 2011
[size=13pt]This is Hitchcock's best film – quite an accomplishment, considering how many great films he created. And after half a century, "North By Northwest" holds up beautifully. This film has it all: suspense, glamour, humor, and images that capture the imagination and remain etched in memory.[/size]

obinna5000:

@Ogaga4Luv
I remember watching NORTH BY NORTHWEST on TCM. It was cool.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (97) (Reply)

Khalifa Vanithel: Big Brother Cameroon Winner And Her Prize (Photos) / Bbtitans: Ipeleng And Lukay Have Sex In The House (video) / Daniel K Daniel Reacts To Sex Scenes In Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.