Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences (58425 Views)

Lagos Government Declares A Woman Who Beat A Baby With Rod Wanted / Mary Daniel, Amputee Hawker Didn't Lie Or Fake Her Identity - Lagos Government / Task Force Arrests, Prosecutes 13 "7-up" Workers For Traffic Offence (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Angelfrost(m): 5:59am On Nov 27, 2020
That's actually an infringement on the car owner's rights... There are many ways to punish offenders, but not unnecessarily abusing their rights.

The following are what you do to traffic offenders, especially repeat offenders:

1. Monetary Fines
2. Jail terms.
3. Suspension of driver's license
4. Complete ban of driving
5. Community service with compulsory driving classes.

We are not practicing democracy at all, when elected leaders just trample on citizens' rights.

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by jocelala: 5:59am On Nov 27, 2020
[Imagine shocked :oquote author=Kehinderichard post=96486035]Lagos is a lawless state. Iron hands is what we need. I would have suggested crushing of those vehicles.[/quote]
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by ikennamadu1(m): 6:02am On Nov 27, 2020
olayiwola72:

Bro let be honest it not everything you will blame Sanwo olu for ..are you mad what is your problem sef ?all those commercials bus no Dey ever hear word
Make dem sell everything

stop typing shit... in a sane country would they auction your car.. they would slam a fine on it...

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by edogu(m): 6:05am On Nov 27, 2020
If they decide to take up this matter legally against the government, they could win.
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by IkpuMmadu: 6:09am On Nov 27, 2020
12 million for toyota corolla... make I hear words....
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by mrkings84(m): 6:13am On Nov 27, 2020
If na Wike did this now, all manner of names would have been dished out.

If the owner of the cars are found guilty after appearing in court, what happen to giving them a fine to pay and get their cars back?

Very Wicked People!
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by IkpuMmadu: 6:15am On Nov 27, 2020
GerraMeh74:
Then I ask again how do we expect the government to treat us better? The owners of the cars pleaded with people to allow them buy back their cars which fell on deaf ears...... The heart of a Nigerian Man is desperately wicked,and all our political leaders are all products of our disfunctional,cruel,angry,society....
Lagos folks are wicked trust me... I live in Lagos and they enjoy extortions....
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by kunzzy4me(m): 6:16am On Nov 27, 2020
lilfreezy:
This is wrong on so many levels. Heavy fine has proven to be more effective and long lasting. Getting traffic offenders to pay like 200k is way better because after paying such amount, they won't commit the offence ever again. Selling their vehicles in front of them is pure wickedness, they hussled and took loans to get that only to lose it in a day just like that. Our politicians and law enforcement agent break the law but i don't see anyone selling their cars. We are suffering in this country

You are right ...higher fine is better than auction their ..my brother paid 850k as fine for not .abiding with the tracfick rule...and he ever do it again...what of all those transporter bus in Lagos that re fun of driving one way ..what did the Lagos govt did yo them...their the most reckless driver
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Slurity(m): 6:16am On Nov 27, 2020
DenreleDave:
Haa

This is rubbish.. How can the govt sell sumone car when he is not dead...

This news shud be fake..

Was the owner compensated or he got nothing?

Traffic offense, fine.. But no govt has the right to auction someone's car....

Bcox I disobey traffic law, one govt go kon sell my car... We die there
Go and sit down somewhere bro, government have right to do anything so far the law back it up and if you think this one is wrong. Go to court
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by dazzlingd(m): 6:17am On Nov 27, 2020
Is this not to harsh....this kind of punishment is too harsh for a third world country where to acquire just a fairly used car is through sweat for the average citizens

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Slurity(m): 6:18am On Nov 27, 2020
Jagznation:
This people paid for road worthiness if the road were worthy they wouldn't take one-way....this is barbaric Sanwo olu has failed other states shouldn't emulate this evil.
Go to court now. You think the governor make the laws by himself?
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Nobody: 6:18am On Nov 27, 2020
Nice sell it all!!! We have to get sense by force or by fire.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by IkpuMmadu: 6:18am On Nov 27, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

For Traffic Offences Government sold person car for Traffic Offences my brothers

WHY IS HEART OF YORUBA MAN SO DARK ?

YORUBAS ARE GENETICALLY SADIST

my brother it is what we are used to here in Lagos.... it's. only in Lagos that VIO would cahrge 40k for broken side mirror while speaking their mgbati mgbati ....

you don't have VIO in East or Niger Delta or even North harrasing folks ... but here in Lagos ...

these guys are just mean
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by dazzlingd(m): 6:19am On Nov 27, 2020
Slurity:
Go and sit down somewhere bro, government have right to do anything so far the law back it up and if you think this one is wrong. Go to court

This won't solve anything....it is injustice
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Slurity(m): 6:22am On Nov 27, 2020
dazzlingd:

This won't solve anything....it is injustice
injustice too to go against the law of the land.
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by 0taPiaPia(m): 6:24am On Nov 27, 2020
PuZZyNegro:

Do you live in Lagos? Most roads in Lagos are under construction. This is the major reason people take one way right now.

Wickedly, the law enforcement agents will be the one to direct you to follow the one way only to snap your car and block you in front.

Lagos is wicked and cursed

That's what they did to me about this time last year.. kept my car in their garage for 1 week and I later paid the sum of 60k. Na them direct me put for the lane oh.
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Johnadeniyi: 6:30am On Nov 27, 2020
jayjaycee0:
This sounds unrealistic. you auctioned a toyota camry 2008 Nigerian used for 1.9m. When tokunbo is just a 100k away. Not everything we see in the news we should believe sometimes. Just being rational

Bro to me I don't believe there was any genuine bidder there,na padi padi things happen just to make the original owner think his/her car has been sold then later the highest bidder will be settled and the car goes to the govt official.

My thinking thou

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by dazzlingd(m): 6:35am On Nov 27, 2020
Slurity:

The law was made for people, this is inhuman.
You can't compare this to advanced countries where the system works, they have excellent road networks, good transportation system by rail, enjoy better basic amenities and standard of living is high.

This is a third world country where the government has failed the citizens, an average Nigerian acquire a fairly used old model car through sweat....and the punishment is to sell it when the whole system is decayed.

It is injustice, wicked and too harsh .

Just watch out the law enforcers will use this opportunity to extort the citizens, people will suffer pains in their hands. This is nigeria, this law will enrich some people and make many suffer that's why it is injustice

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by supereagle(m): 6:38am On Nov 27, 2020
Lagos State should be very careful in its act to punish offenders for these obvious reasons:

1. The environment is getting harder and tougher for survival.

2. If MC Oluomo can be guarded plying one-way with security personnel, this is creating 'unfair' system and people will begin to loose trust on governance.

3. Trailer crushing people to death do not have their trucks forfeited to the act BUT private car owners do. It is creating'unfair'system.

5. I had fallen victim to the circumstance where some traffic control personnel directed me to take one-way to easy congestion which obeyed but at a little distance another set of security personnel got me arrested for plying one-way: these personnel do so sometimes to deliberately nab innocent and law abiding citizens, should such fellow forfeit his/her for this?

Somehow, the EndSars was aggrevated because of little things like this in our society, no one should be above the law of the land.

To behead cannot be the solution to a headache!

Our leaders should be sensitive to pains and agony people undergo.
A word is enough for the wise!
Copied.
Please share in WhatsApp. Let it go round.

3 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by jacoik(m): 6:38am On Nov 27, 2020
GerraMeh74:
Then I ask again how do we expect the government to treat us better? The owners of the cars pleaded with people to allow them buy back their cars which fell on deaf ears...... The heart of a Nigerian Man is desperately wicked,and all our political leaders are all products of our disfunctional,cruel,angry,society....
you have just summarised it
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by dazzlingd(m): 6:39am On Nov 27, 2020
Slurity:

And yet many people will still commit same offense and get away with it once they have a number to dial when caught. Stop supporting evil
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by themaestro08(m): 6:41am On Nov 27, 2020
Raiders:
good. Nigerians are very stubborn and dont like obeying traffic laws. why would a driver drive 'one way'. he could have killed someone

You must be a fool.... "Nigerians are very stubborn bla bla bla", are your ancestors Ghanaians? angry

You didn't admit the roads were bad and unmarked therefore making them unmotoroable, but you were quick to spew drivel

How is auctioning a ceased vehicle sensible and justified? What happens to fines? Or even jail sentence if the offender refused to pay?

This is injustice and shouldn't be emulated by a any state governor.

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by 1b8m: 6:41am On Nov 27, 2020
longetivity:
we should be Law abiding to avoid this kind of pain,feel sorry for them
shut up your mouth there...are the leaders who enact these laws law-abiding?
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by kolexy(m): 6:41am On Nov 27, 2020
lilfreezy:
This is wrong on so many levels. Heavy fine has proven to be more effective and long lasting. Getting traffic offenders to pay like 200k is way better because after paying such amount, they won't commit the offence ever again. Selling their vehicles in front of them is pure wickedness, they hussled and took loans to get that only to lose it in a day just like that. Our politicians and law enforcement agent break the law but i don't see anyone selling their cars. We are suffering in this country

I think the fine is for offenders that abandoned their vehicles due to their inability to pay the fine. For instance the fine for driving against traffic, which is the biggest fine is 350k.
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Clinghton: 6:43am On Nov 27, 2020
This is very wicked they should use other measures not this, it's very imposing.
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 27, 2020
cry
Jagznation:
This people paid for road worthiness if the road were worthy they wouldn't take one-way....this is barbaric Sanwo olu has failed other states shouldn't emulate this evil.
There could be traffic jam anywhere in the world. Lagos drivers are very nutorious and many have died from their recklessness. A very strict law must be enacted and enforced to have a saner Lagos.

Everyone loves America but no one remembers the pain and sacrifice of how it came about.

Lagos government is being unnecessarily diplomatic. It it only with madness that one can put this Lagos on the right track.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by themaestro08(m): 6:46am On Nov 27, 2020
lilfreezy:

Bro its as clear as day that most of our roads are bad and unmotoroable hence the mistakes committed by these drivers. It wasn't intentional, the government should be blamed for not building standard roads. If the roads were good the offences could have been minimal.
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Naija4love(m): 6:48am On Nov 27, 2020
That bad
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Slurity(m): 6:48am On Nov 27, 2020
dazzlingd:

And yet many people will still commit same offense and get away with it once they have a number to dial when caught. Stop supporting evil
it has been like that from time of the bible and dose not mean an offense is not an offense. Nigerian need stiffer laws to compensate their stubborn behaviours and lawlessness
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by MRAKBEE(m): 6:48am On Nov 27, 2020
GerraMeh74:
Was it not the government that organize the bidding process? Or were u sent here to credit them for selling off citizens cars for traffic offenses? Who does that?
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Ayemileto(m): 6:49am On Nov 27, 2020
jayjaycee0:
This sounds unrealistic. you auctioned a toyota camry 2008 Nigerian used for 1.9m. When tokunbo is just a 100k away. Not everything we see in the news we should believe sometimes. Just being rational

The people that bought it are probably dealers.

They'll most likely resell it as Tokunbo.

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by themaestro08(m): 6:49am On Nov 27, 2020
GerraMeh74:

The government gave them the platform angry, There are dysfunctional and nasty and bad people anywhere in the world, its not unique to Nigeria, in fact our is even child play compared to other countries.

This is purely tyrannical and unjustly punitive. A fine would suffice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Burial Of The 33 Muslim Travellers Killed In Jos Plateau: Buried In Mass Grave / Robbers Murder Driver, Passengers At Kateri On Abuja-Kaduna Expressway (Graphic / Manhunt Begins For Lebanese Who Offered To Sell Trafficked Nigerian Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.