Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Trump Calls For Termination Of "Section 230" Over Twitter 'False Trends' - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Calls For Termination Of "Section 230" Over Twitter 'False Trends' (38152 Views)

Trump Calls COVID’19 A “Chinese Virus” / Donald Trump Calls Justin Trudeau “two-faced” For Mocking Him / Trump Calls Kim Darroch, UK Ambassador 'A Very Stupid Guy' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Calls For Termination Of "Section 230" Over Twitter 'False Trends' by spiritmasquerad(m): 1:03pm On Nov 27, 2020
justli:
This is long overdue

I see most people don't understand the consequence of that section of the law...Twitter and other big techs can willfully silence opposition voices and no legal action can be taken against them.

Any body with any shred of reasoning knows Twitter is extremely biased and political.
If they must have the power to censor, in which case they decide what is right or wrong, they must also face the consequences when the wrongly flags someone.

Nobody should have the power over what we should say or shouldn't say...that's what dictators do ...
If this is the only thing the president achieves before he leaves office, then he has won one for freedom of speech
What the FVCK are you taking about? If Buhari did this will you say this rubbish? But your lord and saviour trump can do no wrong

5 Likes

Re: Trump Calls For Termination Of "Section 230" Over Twitter 'False Trends' by justli: 1:04pm On Nov 27, 2020
mesmer:

Don't be half clever sir... In case you don't understand what that section portrays, let me enlighten you sir.

I will explain it in a simple way for you to understand like ABC...

He is trying to make a owner of the platform to be liable for what is been posted on there platform, it's like me coordinating a terrorist attack via nairaland... And the FG comes after Seun for what I posted on his platform.

Understand now sir?

Yes. If they must tell us what to say and what not to say, then they must liable.

You cannot eat your cake and have it.

You want to censor my post on the one hand, and you don't want to take responsibility for flagging me wrongly.

They even have the balls to factcheck the president. When they over step like they always do, it's only right that people are able to sue them

1 Like

Re: Trump Calls For Termination Of "Section 230" Over Twitter 'False Trends' by wman(m): 1:05pm On Nov 27, 2020
Righteousness89:
Twitter has really messed up itself and Disrespected Trump as President!

Twitter turned itself to a leftist media arm!

It's a Welcome Development!!
It's within the Powers of the President!

Dumbass. He has no power to terminate anything.

You are a religious personnel. Stay away from matters of politics that you have no idea of.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Calls For Termination Of "Section 230" Over Twitter 'False Trends' by ppogba: 1:05pm On Nov 27, 2020
Righteousness89:

Thank God you have found your lost voice on issues concerning your Lord, Donald Trump.

Hallelluia somebody.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Calls For Termination Of "Section 230" Over Twitter 'False Trends' by Simplyleo: 1:07pm On Nov 27, 2020
Burstit:
See this cursed dirty miscreant talking about defending bad government policies, as if that's not what his pathetic , inherited lying lifestyle is not all about. muumu miscreant
Mynd44 lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Trump Calls For Termination Of "Section 230" Over Twitter 'False Trends' by wman(m): 1:07pm On Nov 27, 2020
Openbusiness:
That's right! When you start your 2nd term, it is time to cut these left-wing media to size, especially Facebook and Twitter. Then we go after the Big Techs in Silicon Valley pushing Democrat + NWO agenda in the world. Enough is enough, they must be punished for their dirty actions. Send the IRS after the owners of Fake News Democrat media like CNN. Obama did the same thing against Conservative media. Republicans are too docile I swear.

Kindly tell us how Obama went after conservative media.

You people and fake news.

5 Likes

Re: Trump Calls For Termination Of "Section 230" Over Twitter 'False Trends' by chloedogie(m): 1:08pm On Nov 27, 2020
Righteousness89:

It takes less than 1 hour after Biden is sworn in for him to overturn everything Trump has turned. After all he will be the president also. So game on

5 Likes

Re: Trump Calls For Termination Of "Section 230" Over Twitter 'False Trends' by mesmer: 1:09pm On Nov 27, 2020
justli:

Yes. If they must tell us what to say and what not to say, then they must liable.

You cannot eat your cake and have it.

You want to censor my post on the one hand, and you don't want to take responsibility for flagging me wrongly.

They even have the balls to factcheck the president. When they over step like they always do, it's only right that people are able to sue them
If Buhari did the same would you have cheered him on?

Do you support Buhari's Govt trying to pass the hate speech Bill?

Pls answer these two questions sir?

Mesmer is the name

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Calls For Termination Of "Section 230" Over Twitter 'False Trends' by GavelSlam: 1:09pm On Nov 27, 2020
Openbusiness:
That's right! When you start your 2nd term, it is time to cut these left-wing media to size, especially Facebook and Twitter. Then we go after the Big Techs in Silicon Valley pushing Democrat + NWO agenda in the world. Enough is enough, they must be punished for their dirty actions. Send the IRS after the owners of Fake News Democrat media like CNN. Obama did the same thing against Conservative media. Republicans are too docile I swear.

Re: Trump Calls For Termination Of "Section 230" Over Twitter 'False Trends' by Seyzcham91(m): 1:10pm On Nov 27, 2020
we are in this together! grammar too much! problem too much for our country to bear not to talk of America section 230

in Erigam's voice "problem no dey finish"
900warriorz:
Abeg, who understand the news should come and summarize for us grin
Re: Trump Calls For Termination Of "Section 230" Over Twitter 'False Trends' by Connoisseur(m): 1:10pm On Nov 27, 2020
hotseat:
This is a new one!

Can an individual, no matter how highly placed, terminate any section(s) of the US constitution without recourse to the Congress?

I need to be educated lawyers in the house.

Thats the most sensible question.

The title of the thread is misleading. Trump is advocating for the section to be terminated, he lacks the powers to do that.

54 days to go, Trump

2 Likes

Re: Trump Calls For Termination Of "Section 230" Over Twitter 'False Trends' by AbijaJ: 1:11pm On Nov 27, 2020
IJOBA2:
I ASKED A SIMPLE QUESTION

Abeg rest. You are obviously pained that I called out your Lord and saviour Trump. Why are you so concerned about my views about Buhari? Trump is a dictator and if e pain you go and kee yourself.
Re: Trump Calls For Termination Of "Section 230" Over Twitter 'False Trends' by justli: 1:13pm On Nov 27, 2020
spiritmasquerad:

What the FVCK are you taking about? If Buhari did this will you say this rubbish? But your lord and saviour trump can do no wrong

Chill...
Firstly, we must all understand that the owners of these platforms are becoming more powerful by the day. They can literally take down a government. It isn't about Trump. It's about doing the right thing.

It is only right for these big guys to face a legal suit when they infringe on people's right like they always do .

The irony here is that trump is trying to protect freedom of speech. People should be able to say what they want to say online and no be afraid of their accounts being shut down.

Twitter takes down conservative accounts for no reason. Countless complaints, but they can't do anything about it because of this immunity. Now, they would have to think twice before shutting someone down

1 Like

Re: Trump Calls For Termination Of "Section 230" Over Twitter 'False Trends' by King2019(m): 1:13pm On Nov 27, 2020
Righteousness89:

Disrespected

Powers

President

Is he God?

2 Likes

Re: Trump Calls For Termination Of "Section 230" Over Twitter 'False Trends' by heniford2: 1:14pm On Nov 27, 2020
chloedogie:

It takes less than 1 hour after Biden is sworn in for him to overturn everything Trump has turned. After all he will be the president also. So game on
lets be watching Biden and trump, i still see trump coming out victorious
Re: Trump Calls For Termination Of "Section 230" Over Twitter 'False Trends' by spiritmasquerad(m): 1:14pm On Nov 27, 2020
Openbusiness:
See why u don't have sence! If buhari did this you will call for his head. It's a shame that you and lia muhammed are the same
Re: Trump Calls For Termination Of "Section 230" Over Twitter 'False Trends' by IJOBA2: 1:14pm On Nov 27, 2020
AbijaJ:

Abeg rest. You are obviously pained that I called out your Lord and saviour Trump. Why are you so concerned about my views about Buhari? Trump is a dictator and if e pain you go and kee yourself.
YOU HAVE NOT SAID ANYTHING
Re: Trump Calls For Termination Of "Section 230" Over Twitter 'False Trends' by King2019(m): 1:15pm On Nov 27, 2020
ppogba:

Thank God you have found your lost voice on issues concerning your Lord, Donald Trump.

Hallelluia somebody.

Hallelujah

LWKMD
Re: Trump Calls For Termination Of "Section 230" Over Twitter 'False Trends' by NNC5: 1:17pm On Nov 27, 2020
good for Trump.

so,... when will Buhari help Nigerian farmers? It's getting worse by the day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW9MHKddKbc
Re: Trump Calls For Termination Of "Section 230" Over Twitter 'False Trends' by emmykingzy: 1:19pm On Nov 27, 2020
Unfortunately for Trump, the law cannot be terminated by executive action. That's the job of the senate/Congress.
Re: Trump Calls For Termination Of "Section 230" Over Twitter 'False Trends' by iPresh4s(m): 1:20pm On Nov 27, 2020
ebenice:
Ok

I follow trump on twitter, you need to see how people make fun of him under his comment section and call him all manners of names , funny thing is twitter don't get to put those comments in check,

But they will gladly put a ad stating "false claim" at each trump tweet whenever he tweet about electoral fraud. is that not being bias??

All left media hardly report something good about trump, but will be quick to pick out the ones the public "consider offensive".

They wouldn't just let the man be for the whole 4years

Critical Thinker
Re: Trump Calls For Termination Of "Section 230" Over Twitter 'False Trends' by guy222: 1:21pm On Nov 27, 2020
Na thesame person wey do buhari, mugabe, saddam hussen and gadafi na him the do this man, very anyhow somebody,
Re: Trump Calls For Termination Of "Section 230" Over Twitter 'False Trends' by AntiWailer: 1:22pm On Nov 27, 2020
False headline

Trump cannot unilaterally withdraw a section of a constitution.

US is not China or Russia.

1 Like

Re: Trump Calls For Termination Of "Section 230" Over Twitter 'False Trends' by klas(m): 1:22pm On Nov 27, 2020
Johnbosco77:
undecidedPreisodo wey Sabi Constitution..

Our own no even Sabi one section for Constitution, belente section 230...

Which constitution? Does the whole constitution of the USA reach up to 230 sections?

Because the OP wrongly referred to ordinary law on Internet legislation as constitution, you also ignorantly parroted it.
Re: Trump Calls For Termination Of "Section 230" Over Twitter 'False Trends' by Womanizer(m): 1:22pm On Nov 27, 2020
jeff1607:

Like seriously , from you?

Don't worry, when you become head of an agency you will realise there are some insults you should not tolerate because it undermines your authority!
Re: Trump Calls For Termination Of "Section 230" Over Twitter 'False Trends' by AntiWailer: 1:23pm On Nov 27, 2020
ebenice:
Ok

I follow trump on twitter, you need to see how people make fun of him under his comment section and call him all manners of names , funny thing is twitter don't get to put those comments in check,

But they will gladly put a ad stating "false claim" at each trump tweet whenever he tweet about electoral fraud. is that not being bias??

All left media hardly report something good about trump, but will be quick to pick out the ones the public "consider offensive".

They wouldn't just let the man be for the whole 4years

Lol.
Re: Trump Calls For Termination Of "Section 230" Over Twitter 'False Trends' by olisaEze(m): 1:24pm On Nov 27, 2020
He didn’t announce anything, American laws are not changed on Twitter rants. He’s only suggesting like a cry baby hence the "must" in the sentence. grin
Re: Trump Calls For Termination Of "Section 230" Over Twitter 'False Trends' by klas(m): 1:24pm On Nov 27, 2020
AntiWailer:
False headline

Trump cannot unilaterally withdraw a section of a constitution.

US is not China or Russia.

It is not a constitution, it is just an ordinary law - Communication Act 1934 (as amended in 1996)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany / Hilarious Photos Of Ghanaian Law Enforcement Agents / Faces Of The Failed Coup Plotters In Burundi (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.