Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,311 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp - Jobs/Vacancies (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp (59918 Views)

Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall / Lady Loses Employment Opportunity Over Semi-nude DP On Social Media / Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by kingxsamz(m): 9:19pm On Nov 28, 2020
Tokkson:

We're having this conversation because the girl in question is a desperate job seeker.

If the HR person in question was engaging a top client or so, would he just drop a "Good Evening" and expect a response? He'd obviously have introduced himself and gone straight to the point.

A simple introduction wouldn't kill anyone either.

It's a formal conversation for goodness sake and formal conversations have little or no room for salutations.

I personally do not respond to greetings from an unknown number until after introduction and I don't give a hoot who that person is cos I'm not desperate for anything at the moment.

We all have our different approaches to things and I'm fine with you having a different approach in situations like this.

Sera!!

Lol, this guy, you're funny sha.
I don't know what you're feeling like.
If you don't respond to greetings from unknown numbers, that's your business. No one cares. cheesy And this is not the case. When you drop your contact because you're looking for a job, you don't turn around and tell your interviewer or whoever that they shouldn't have contacted you through that same contact you made available to them, neither do you blame them for greeting you first or not. If you can't respond to greetings, I hope you keep that same energy through out your life. It's your business.

Next time tell Mary to prove stubborn and question them on how they should have contacted her. Then maybe you can give Mary a job yourself, after series of rejection. cheesy funny guy.

5 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Tokkson: 9:31pm On Nov 28, 2020
kingxsamz:

Lol, this guy, you're funny sha.
I don't know what you're feeling like.
If you don't respond to greetings from unknown numbers, that's your business. No one cares. cheesy And this is not the case. When you drop your contact because you're looking for a job, you don't turn around and tell your interviewer or whoever that they shouldn't have contacted you through that same contact you made available to them, neither do you blame them for greeting you first or not. If you can't respond to greetings, I hope you keep that same energy through out your life. It's your business.

Next time tell Mary to prove stubborn and question them on how they should have contacted her. Then maybe you can give Mary a job yourself, after series of rejection. cheesy funny guy.

Lol. She has already been offered several jobs.

Lots of people are trying to reach out to her all over social media.

I do not give out my number for an employer to engage me on WhatsApp. It's not an official form of engaging anyone.

We always find a way of normalizing what is wrong in this country.

If I don't respond to your calls, send a mail, and if I don't respond, move on with other candidates.

It's that simple.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by kingxsamz(m): 9:56pm On Nov 28, 2020
Tokkson:

Lol. She has already been offered several jobs.

Lots of people are trying to reach out to her all over social media.

I do not give out my number for an employer to engage me on WhatsApp. It's not an official form of engaging anyone.

We always find a way of normalizing what is wrong in this country.

If I don't respond to your calls, send a mail, and if I don't respond, move on with other candidates.

It's that simple.

Lol, you see why I said you're funny?
If you don't give out your number, It is your business. Mary gave out hers so that they can reach her, and you're here fuming and asking why they should have contacted her through that means.
Whatsapp is not official?
grin grin grin So it is Gmail that is official, or Yahoo?
Who made such rule? Do you have a company? So how do you decide what social platform should be used to pass information?
Is it part of or against the law?
So what is wrong about it that people of this country are normalizing?
If you don't respond to their calls, does it affect anyone else or you who applied for it? grin, or are you some highly sort after, special personnel that they'd have a problem not employing? grin grin abeg.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Realhommie(m): 10:03pm On Nov 28, 2020
jamesharryson:

My dear, I am sincerely sorry for sounding harsh. But I used a conditional statement, "if". Pls I don't mean to be rude either. Forgive me
No worries bro, we're good.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by NaijaCover(m): 10:35pm On Nov 28, 2020
Good For her
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by gentlegenius(m): 10:36pm On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
True, but the company should have been more specific on the method of communication. Some people cherish their privacy above ambition
Let me tell you something...
We are living in an era where jobs are so scarce. Do you think she was the only person who applied for that position? When many people applied for just one position, a company can decide to use any means of approach to detect and screen out ill mannered people before the actual interview
Whenever you go for an interview, the way you conduct yourself even before you meet the interviewer is part of the test. Even the way you greet your interviewer and the way you speak is part of the test. Your interviewer will want to know your true personality, and that means knowing who you are when you think no one is watching you.
I know how interviewers behave. I have seen a situation where a lady loses a job she wanted simply because she kept answering the interviewer 'yea' instead of yes.
The truth is: What makes That lady lose that job has little to do with rudeness, but more to do with the way she typed her responses. I personally won't employ someone who typed Hu instead of who, and 5n instead of fine.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Anuoluwap(m): 11:20pm On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
Her response is rude, yes. But you should also know that under the circumstances, different people would behave differently. Which is why (from my own opinion) the company should have briefed her on the method they would use to contact her.

Sir,
I've been following your comments. You said you are also an employer. Thank God for that. I think you should know how hr processes has evolved over the past few years. It's now more of the 'human'.
HRs now think outside the box to land their best applicants. And one difficult thing is that they see a lot if academically qualified and experienced candidates. Here comes the behavioural screening to help them out of this difficult selection process.
So the standard is the standard and it's still the standard.
In this case, the company has zero fault sir. Organisations in the public sectors usually make use of a structured pattern of recruitment cause of the large numbers of applicants (that's why you see most of those public sectors workers are lazy and sometimes have attitude problems)
But organisations in the private sectors are not only enticed by the qualifications but who you can be when handling the job because they are customer-oriented unlike the public sector. Hence the freedom for private sector HRs in their recruitment process so as to get the best out of their input.
Behavioural screening is a standard sir. A company may invite applicants for interview just to test their patience.
The lady lacks courtesy and moreover she should have learnt about the company she applied into. When she applied into a tech company, what was she expecting? If I applied to a company that is technology inclined then I should expect a faster way of communication.
Most companies have WhatsApp, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
This could have been a behavioural/attitude test, and you don't expect the company to inform you before testing you.
I know you are not in support of her reaction but we still have to call a spade a spade sir.

You said the company should have informed her the mode of communication. Sir, "we will contact you" is enough for the wise.

It's her fault. No matter the mood she was in, wisdom should have told her to change her manner of communication once she saw it was a stranger. After confirming the intention and the person then she can switch her chatting manner.
May God help us.

5 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by AlphaT1(m): 11:26pm On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
Oga, in saner climes, there is what we call a "Standard Procedure" of recruitment.

This is done by companies with an organised structure on ground and most of these companies (except you are running a mushroom company ) have this standard procedure for REACHING out to applicants. It can be through SMS, WhatsApp, Social media, Newspapers etc.

These companies will notify you(the applicant) prior to when the outcome of the interview is out.

And not through impromptu tactics being done here by this...this...chai! I do not know even know what to call this company sef.
In saner climes she would have been more courteous...which kind standard procedure? There is no 'one-fits-all' approach to recruitment process....procedures can always be altered or modified based on certain factors/needs/circumstances. The mumu girl get low IQ shikena..

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by glowingflame7: 11:27pm On Nov 28, 2020
kingxsamz:

No, they would have sent flowers to her house with drones and put out a red carpet for her to step out. undecided

If "Hello, good evening Mary isn't enough", then you'd have to wait for the organisation that'll add a chieftancy title to your name. undecided
I'm very sure that if you were the one, you definitely wouldn't complain.

Hello good evening Mary, this is Emmanuel from LI is professional enough and will not kill. A professional recruiter will use the logo or name of the company. Just like email or letters should be letterhead or company website. Like I said, they are both wrong and the guy is petty. He's also inconsistent in calling Mr. Samson and later miss Mary. He doesn't know his onions as a professional recruiter so should not dismiss an applicant who is unprepared and unprofessional. Especially a female applicant.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by glowingflame7: 11:30pm On Nov 28, 2020
MedicH:

There is no company that puts the talent of a staff before the loyalty of a customer. To hell with your talent. Na you go buy yourself?

How many companies do you know? Your startup kiosk is not ALL companies. Recruitment has gone beyond 1980 Union bank style recruitment that you are accustomed to.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by collinsetta63: 11:37pm On Nov 28, 2020
For the latest happenings around the world, giveaway, romantic stories, twerking, hookup, job advert and you can also advertise your business for free.

Click on this link to join this group
https:///jollofrice2020
Or
Cope the text on between the Apostrophe " https:// t. me/jollofrice2020"

Or search for jollofrice2020 on telegram
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by mindpresh: 12:31am On Nov 29, 2020
Jashub:
I do not support the lady's rudeness, but the company should have informed her on the method they would use to contact her in case she was selected. It is just standard procedure.

this is one of the daftest comments have read here.

You put your email and phone number on your cv, distribute cv to different companies

When they now use the same number call you... you begin ask stupid questions?? shocked

they should still inform her how they want to contact her again despite the two options she already provided cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

you and her no wan work be that

5 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by mindpresh: 12:34am On Nov 29, 2020
Jashub:
I agree, but try and look at it from this perspective : you receiving a text from an anonymous number on WhatsApp is a breach on your privacy and security. And as you know, this is 9ja, and you cannot vouch for the next man. So her response is only natural given the circumstances

A breach of your privacy shocked

lwkmd!

grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by mindpresh: 12:37am On Nov 29, 2020
Jashub:
Oga, in saner climes, there is what we call a "Standard Procedure" of recruitment.

This is done by companies with an organised structure on ground and most of these companies (except you are running a mushroom company ) have this standard procedure for REACHING out to applicants. It can be through SMS, WhatsApp, Social media, Newspapers etc.

These companies will notify you(the applicant) prior to when the outcome of the interview is out.

And not through impromptu tactics being done here by this...this...chai! I do not know even know what to call this company sef.

Lost Cause

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by mindpresh: 12:46am On Nov 29, 2020
Patience is not the issue.

The lady is rude and ill -mannered.

Telephone screening interviews are part or standard recruitment. I wouldn't progress her either.

Anuoluwap:

Sir,
I've been following your comments. You said you are also an employer. Thank God for that. I think you should know how hr processes has evolved over the past few years. It's now more of the 'human'.
HRs now think outside the box to land their best applicants. And one difficult thing is that they see a lot if academically qualified and experienced candidates. Here comes the behavioural screening to help them out of this difficult selection process.
So the standard is the standard and it's still the standard.
In this case, the company has zero fault sir. Organisations in the public sectors usually make use of a structured pattern of recruitment cause of the large numbers of applicants (that's why you see most of those public sectors workers are lazy and sometimes have attitude problems)
But organisations in the private sectors are not only enticed by the qualifications but who you can be when handling the job because they are customer-oriented unlike the public sector. Hence the freedom for private sector HRs in their recruitment process so as to get the best out of their input.
Behavioural screening is a standard sir. A company may invite applicants for interview just to test their patience.
The lady lacks courtesy and moreover she should have learnt about the company she applied into. When she applied into a tech company, what was she expecting? If I applied to a company that is technology inclined then I should expect a faster way of communication.
Most companies have WhatsApp, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
This could have been a behavioural/attitude test, and you don't expect the company to inform you before testing you.
I know you are not in support of her reaction but we still have to call a spade a spade sir.

You said the company should have informed her the mode of communication. Sir, "we will contact you" is enough for the wise.

It's her fault. No matter the mood she was in, wisdom should have told her to change her manner of communication once she saw it was a stranger. After confirming the intention and the person then she can switch her chatting manner.
May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by sheriffindy(m): 1:24am On Nov 29, 2020
MhisTahrah:
People who type 'who' as 'hu' annoy me, what would it take you to type a 3-letter word?You only have to type 'w' sef and autocorrect will do the rest for you.Na wa undecided
i tire oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by BluntNigerian: 3:26am On Nov 29, 2020
Jashub:
This is your OWN response. And not everyone will act the way you would under a given situation. Remember that
Ok..
But all your excuses are lame..
There are polite ways of replying messages from sources unknown to you.
What if the PR decided to call instead??
The very first word of greeting from the lady would possibly just cause the PR to drop the call.
There are polite ways of taking calls coming from a number or a person unknown to you..
The Girl Was Rude.
There is no excuse that can justify that.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by BluntNigerian: 3:33am On Nov 29, 2020
Jashub:
True, but the company should have been more specific on the method of communication. Some people cherish their privacy above ambition
Whoever that cherish his/her privacy so much should stop seeking for jobs..
Secondly, he/she should not start a business, because growing a new business involves a lot of marketing and connections.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Map1(m): 4:28am On Nov 29, 2020
Bornsinner7:
Awa fierce gan to ba n wa mi

This looks like Nollywood but e no concern me, wetin really draw my attention na the way she dey reply, typical Nigerian girl with empty brain

"5n" "hu is dis"..

Chating with a Nigerian girl can be so tiring
kk,lol, smile,brb that is there way when it getting to this kind thing I cut them of immediately,I don't blame them although if not we men that are running after them and they add no value to our life jobless, begger still be proud to leave
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Map1(m): 4:35am On Nov 29, 2020
Jashub:
I agree, but try and look at it from this perspective : you receiving a text from an anonymous number on WhatsApp is a breach on your privacy and security. And as you know, this is 9ja, and you cannot vouch for the next man. So her response is only natural given the circumstances
can you listen to your self,most of we Nigerian are so proud and have nothing upstairs which privacy are you talking about,most of this ladies we are talking about spend their time online begging,beg for data,beg for urgent 2k beg to eat 97 percent of Nigerian women depends on man to survive so what privacy are you talking about? Yeye people
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Map1(m): 4:37am On Nov 29, 2020
BluntNigerian:
Whoever that cherish his/her privacy so much should stop seeking for jobs..
Secondly, he/she should not start a business, because growing a new business involves a lot of marketing and connections.
most of them are not intelligence,and proud to much
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Map1(m): 4:40am On Nov 29, 2020
flames007:
One mistake im confident of not making is replying rudely to a strange number on whatsapp! It could be anybody for crying out loud!Be nice and let them state the purpose why they came ans respond accordingly!
you get sense jor, that is the way it should be
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Map1(m): 4:50am On Nov 29, 2020
Jashub:
I am sorry to say this , but Nigeria and poverty, has made you, and a lot of folks out there, have this slave-like mentality.

Many of you no longer know your rights, hence you are cheated on a daily basis.

And let me tell you this up front : no company has the right to toss information to applicants without giving a specified mean of notification to successful applicants.

Even as whacked as N-power was, they still tell applicants they would be reached via SMS(a specified method of communication).

So what this company did(in my own opinion )was was wrong.

you see this kind of right add no value to some ones life ok the reason many people don't see helper might be the way you react to someone in their presence,if you have this kind of right make sure you change from it is not right in any situation always try to compose your self it those not make you a fool but knowledgeable.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Map1(m): 4:57am On Nov 29, 2020
Sunshyne200:

Seems you aren't in Nigeria and probably schooled abroad.

Here, the company is doing you a favour in employing you and if you see the post she is applying for "intern", I am sure they aren't ready to invest so much for internship.

When I was seeking job, to be on a safe side, I dedicated one of my line to anything job, CV etc.

So any calls, text or contacts I get from that line, is probably job-related.
you see we Nigerians still have alot to learn,we always thought we are civilized but we are too local,learn how to speak to a stranger either face to face or on phone no matter where ever you find yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Sunshyne200(m): 5:07am On Nov 29, 2020
Map1:
you see we Nigerians still have alot to learn,we always thought we are civilized but we are too local,learn how to speak to a stranger either face to face or on phone no matter where ever you find yourself.

Very true.
Thanks alot
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by MedicH: 5:19am On Nov 29, 2020
glowingflame7:

How many companies do you know? Your startup kiosk is not ALL companies. Recruitment has gone beyond 1980 Union bank style recruitment that you are accustomed to.

Another nonentity on the lose. Pls I really tire for una. Say something meaningful to the discourse, no. You're throwing shades. You de ask me how many companies I know. Just imagine. And what do you mean by my start up kiosk?
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Tokkson: 6:18am On Nov 29, 2020
kingxsamz:

Lol, you see why I said you're funny?
If you don't give out your number, It is your business. Mary gave out hers so that they can reach her, and you're here fuming and asking why they should have contacted her through that means.
Whatsapp is not official?
grin grin grin So it is Gmail that is official, or Yahoo?
Who made such rule? Do you have a company? So how do you decide what social platform should be used to pass information?
Is it part of or against the law?
So what is wrong about it that people of this country are normalizing?
If you don't respond to their calls, does it affect anyone else or you who applied for it? grin, or are you some highly sort after, special personnel that they'd have a problem not employing? grin grin abeg.

Ok
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by CsRockefeller(m): 10:15am On Nov 29, 2020
MedicH:

Another nonentity on the lose. Pls I really tire for una. Say something meaningful to the discourse, no. You're throwing shades. You de ask me how many companies I know. Just imagine. And what do you mean by my start up kiosk?

Sir, please stop replying such nonentities, they have nothing upstairs. Every reasonable person knows a biz survives from its customers and no biz no matter it's skill pool can pay itself.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by ymstar(m): 5:08pm On Nov 29, 2020
Sorry
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by 4gunners(m): 6:32pm On Nov 29, 2020
Jashub:
You are super dumb.

So graphics design needs interpersonal relationship skills abi...a "skill" that the foolish HR agent could not interview her on a face-face interview, but had the effontery to do it on WhatsApp with a strange number saying "Hi... ".

Olodo in the building
This is funny. As a graphic designer, won’t you relate with humans?
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by 4gunners(m): 6:34pm On Nov 29, 2020
Henryfortune:
GUYS PLS LETS NOT MIX THIS THING UP...M ONLY SURPRISE SOME JUSTIFYING THE LADIES ACTION. ..THIS IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM AND IT CUTS ACROSS THE DIVIDES MEN/WOMEN SOME OF US ARE JUST SO RUDE MISTAKEN THIS AS BEEN BLUNT ...SOME YEARS AFTER I LEFT SCHOOL I WAS WORKING AT A STORE AND A CUSTOMER WALKED IN AND ENQUIRE ABOUT SOME STUFFS AND I ATTENDED TO HIM NOT KNOWING THAT WAS MY OWN INTERVIEW WITH HIM EVENTUALLY. ..AFTER SOME MONTHS I DONT KNOW HOW OR FROM WHER HE GOT MY NUMBER HE JUST CALLED AND ASKED ME TO MEET ONE HR LADY WHO DIRECTED ME AFTER SOME DISCUSSIONS TO SEE WHO INVITED ME ...THE MAN SAID HE LIKED THE WAY I ATTENED TO HIM EVEN WHEN HE WAS ALMOST RUDE @ ME AND THAT WAS HOW I GOT MYSELF A WELL PAID JOB @ LEKKI ...It's all about courtesy and humility you earn respect you don't impose it or demand it
I hope many heed to the advice. Courtesy doesn’t kill.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Anuoluwap(m): 8:50pm On Nov 29, 2020
mindpresh:
Patience is not the issue.

The lady is rude and ill -mannered.

Telephone screening interviews are part or standard recruitment. I wouldn't progress her either.

Yes, patience was not the issue. It's her manners.
I only used patience as an example.
Yes, telephone screening is standard.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

2017 Recruitment Of Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) / FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) / NECO Coordination Starts In August 2016. Earn Up To N15,000 - Mpyaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.