Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp - Jobs/Vacancies (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp (59968 Views)

Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall / Lady Loses Employment Opportunity Over Semi-nude DP On Social Media / Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by kingxsamz(m): 2:35pm On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
Did you not give them prior notice? Did you start the way this joker started out? Answer me

Did she give out her contact to be reached out to in case they want to get back to her?
If yes, then why are you here defending her stupid and manner less behavior even when she apologized after noticing how rude she was?
You and Mary, no difference. You're not as smart as you think.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 2:35pm On Nov 28, 2020
[s]
dazzlingd:

You are very stupid....it is obvious
Better go and get a job even if it is cyber cafe job because it is obvious u don't know what the business world is all about
[/s] Drop dead shitholian...
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by kingxsamz(m): 2:41pm On Nov 28, 2020
Realhommie:
She was wrong no doubt and she duly apologized afterwards whether she did with the right intention or not..

You said you accepted her apology but you still went on to pay her back and made her lose a year. Now tell me, what does that make you? You think you're any different from her?

It's called, " If you do anyhow, you see anyhow". cheesy
You can't go far in life by being rude and manner less to everyone you feel is below you. There are repercussions.
So what that guy did, was good. I would have done worse.
You can't insult me and still expect me to help you.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by PrinceMajestic: 2:42pm On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
Talk with sense jare
I am angry with members that failed to tell you how stupid you're and the fool of this thread. I present you your award on behalf of nairaland members

3 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 2:43pm On Nov 28, 2020
dazzlingd:

How old are u? either u are below 12 being way too immature and haven't seen life or above 75 and have gone archaic.
No offense but you don't appear intellectually sound...and most annoying you think u are smart

Whatzap that people are using for businesses and closing deals is your problem abi..
Do u know the skills they required for the job, maybe interpersonal relationship is a prerequisite??
You are just dumb and should shut up in Shame already
Your foolishness should have its own private ranking on this forum.

Did you even bother reading the job description from the conversation? I seriously doubt it. For if you had, you would not be making of mention interpersonal relationship as a criteria for a web-design/graphics design job.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by kingxsamz(m): 2:45pm On Nov 28, 2020
dazzlingd:

You are very stupid....it is obvious
Better go and get a job even if it is cyber cafe job because it is obvious u don't know what the business world is all about

People like him always act tough online. grin grin grin
I won't be surprised if he's jobless.
Maybe when someone with a big deal comes his way, he'd lecture the person on what he should or shouldn't have done.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 2:48pm On Nov 28, 2020
[s]
PrinceMajestic:
I am angry with members that failed to tell you how stupid you're and the fool of this thread. I present you your award on behalf of nairaland members
[/s] It takes one to know one. tongue
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Realhommie(m): 3:05pm On Nov 28, 2020
kingxsamz:

It's called, " If you do anyhow, you see anyhow". cheesy
You can't go far in life by being rude and manner less to everyone you feel is below you. There are repercussions.
So what that guy did, was good. I would have done worse.
You can't insult me and still expect me to help you.
Lol... I don't even know what else to say.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by sweetgala(m): 3:17pm On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
I do not support the lady's rudeness, but the company should have informed her on the method they would use to contact her in case she was selected. It is just standard procedure.

It is indeed a test of character, she failed it flawlessly.
I like how the man ended the conversation, even if she claimed she was upset about something else in her personal space at the time she shouldn't have responded to a simple message in such a manner.

I recently reminded my wife to state her name and the purpose of her call at the begining of every phone call because it's part of courtesy and helps to establish the purpose of the call.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 3:19pm On Nov 28, 2020
sweetgala:

It is indeed a test of character, she failed it flawlessly.
I like how the man ended the conversation, even if she claimed she was upset about something else in her personal space at the time she shouldn't have responded to a simple message in such a manner.

I recently reminded my wife to state her name and the purpose of her call at the begining of every phone call because it's part of courtesy and helps to establish the purpose of the call.
A test of character on a web-design/graphics design job? Bros easy o...I nor fit laugh
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by CsRockefeller(m): 3:28pm On Nov 28, 2020
Even my sisters would fail this test, many ladies out there are so rude you would think there's an award for that nasty behaviour.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by sweetgala(m): 3:33pm On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
A test of character on a web-design/graphics design job? Bros easy o...I nor fit laugh

It's obvious you don't think character is important in professional settings.
That is why some young Nigerians succeed and many fail. Most don't value character in their professional development.
I work for the largest processor manufacturer in the world and when I tell you character is the biggest quality when hiring I mean it.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by CsRockefeller(m): 3:34pm On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:

Oga rest joor.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by dazzlingd(m): 3:36pm On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
Your foolishness should have its own private ranking on this forum.

Did you even bother reading the job description from the conversation? I seriously doubt it. For if you had, you would not be making of mention interpersonal relationship as a criteria for a web-design/graphics design job.

You see how stupid u are....someone into graphics and web design.....don't you know this kind of job requires so much online presence and communication...these are the kind of jobs u complete relating with the clients 100% online without physical presence.
Jobs samples and follow ups are done on whatzap...you see are the dumbest person ever .
I am surprised so many mental patients have invaded this forum, una don plenty now....I knew there was a jail break during endsars, maybe there was a psychiatric institution break too...
Your point is dead on arrival

5 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by trojan84(m): 3:39pm On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
I agree, but try and look at it from this perspective : you receiving a text from an anonymous number on WhatsApp is a breach on your privacy and security. And as you know, this is 9ja, and you cannot vouch for the next man. So her response is only natural given the circumstances

There is nothing natural about her response, which ever way you choose to look at it. So, what if he is a serial killer, it's still WhatsApp, it's not like a meet up where your life is in immediate danger. You evaluate a person after being reasonable and accommodating enough then make the necessary decision to continue or block the person. E no hard pass like that. Don't give excuses to bad behaviour no matter what.

Where as ethics might also be what the company is looking for in an employee, so if that's the case, would you employ her given your excuses for her?
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by trojan84(m): 3:42pm On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
This is your OWN response. And not everyone will act the way you would under a given situation. Remember that

It's not a crime for everyone to act in a civil manner my dear. This is not suppose to be among the list of things you use the sentense "not everyone will act the way you would under a given situation"
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Tokkson: 3:45pm On Nov 28, 2020
kingxsamz:

Mr Emmanuel was not wrong for starting the conversation with a "Hello, Good evening Mary". Read that 100 times till you understand.

And how in the world is he supposed to introduce himself when he's supposed to confirm first of all that it's actually Mary he's chatting with? undecided
Did you even read the full story where he said he tried calling her 3 times and she didn't pick, only for him to try maybe he can reach her on whatsapp? So why should he introduce himself when he doesn't know if that whatsapp contact belongs to Mary?
Think!
Typical Nigerian mentality. undecided

Still doesn't make sense to me.

I work in a customer service team in a bank and once we place a call to customers, we first introduce ourselves before confirming the name and identity of whoever we're speaking with, so your above statement isn't valid.

I personally do not answer whatsapp greetings from an unknown number until after they introduce themselves. I'd just read your 'Hi' and 'hello' and ignore you till you have sense and introduce yourself. I don't even want to care who you are.

I'm not supporting the girl. she was rude quite alright but the man has his share of the blame too.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 3:51pm On Nov 28, 2020
dazzlingd:

You see how stupid u are....someone into graphics and web design.....don't you know this kind of job requires so much online presence and communication...these are the kind of jobs u complete relating with the clients 100% online without physical presence.
Jobs samples and follow ups are done on whatzap...you see are the dumbest person ever .
I am surprised so many mental patients have invaded this forum, una don plenty now....I knew there was a jail break during endsars, maybe there was a psychiatric institution break too...
Your point is dead on arrival
You are super dumb.

So graphics design needs interpersonal relationship skills abi...a "skill" that the foolish HR agent could not interview her on a face-face interview, but had the effontery to do it on WhatsApp with a strange number saying "Hi... ".

Olodo in the building
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Dynasty76: 3:59pm On Nov 28, 2020
On no condition should she have responded the way she did. Anybody can have your number. All you need to do is just to be calm and see where the person is headed before you can react.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Akankedesiree(f): 4:11pm On Nov 28, 2020
Pls who have an idea of the duties of airtel retail shop agent and their pay
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by davillian(m): 4:30pm On Nov 28, 2020
Blueelf:

Good evening Sir

I'm so so so Sit

Please may u know who I am chatting with?

This isn't hard now is it?
It's not o.....
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Blueelf: 4:45pm On Nov 28, 2020
I can see many people throwing insults at one another over simple disagreements about this issue.

This just goes to show that many are not better (courtesy wise) than the said female.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Blueelf: 4:48pm On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
What relationship does courtesy have with incompetence? undecided

Baba, tbh, I'm surprised you're talking like this... I'm really surprised at you Sir.

A rude sales person would perform so poorly, he/she would be fired almost immediately. Same goes for a customer service rep. What about a travel agent or even an HR personnel? Which customer wants to associate with a rude company rep?

I'm beginning to think you're purposely been controversial Sir.

I'm grateful the company dodged a bullet. She would've ruined their brand

3 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 4:59pm On Nov 28, 2020
Blueelf:

Baba, tbh, I'm surprised you're talking like this... I'm really surprised at you Sir.

A rude sales person would perform so poorly, he/she would be fired almost immediately. Same goes for a customer service rep. What about a travel agent or even an HR personnel? Which customer wants to associate with a rude company rep?

I'm beginning to think you're purposely been controversial Sir.

I'm grateful the company dodged a bullet. She would've ruined their brand
I am not being controversial; I am merely pointing out certain facts that a lot of people here do not want to acknowlegde. The girl has her faults, yes. But the HR agent has his faults too.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Henryfortune(m): 5:01pm On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
I do not support the lady's rudeness, but the company should have informed her on the method they would use to contact her in case she was selected. It is just standard procedure.
and you think they did not?
what is the essence of your numbers and email on your resume if not to reach you on them if need be..I had applied somewhere for a job some years back when i was seeking and had written down some numbers as my guarantor ... on this said day luckily I a may say I was with one of my guarantor and the company's HR called to enquire about me from him ...right there in my presence i lost that because I could not manage with the salary then cause of distance
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 5:03pm On Nov 28, 2020
Henryfortune:
and you think they did not?
what is the essence of your numbers and email on your resume if not to reach you on them if need be..I had applied somewhere for a job some years back when i was seeking and had written down some numbers as my guarantor ... on this said day luckily I a may say I was with one of my guarantor and the company's HR called to enquire about me from him ...right there in my presence i lost that because I could not manage with the salary then cause of distance
That is "Nigerian" way of doing things and this is wrong. People should be given prior notification before such is taken. That's all.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by kingxsamz(m): 5:04pm On Nov 28, 2020
Tokkson:

Still doesn't make sense to me.

I work in a customer service team in a bank and once we place a call to customers, we first introduce ourselves before confirming the name and identity of whoever we're speaking with, so your above statement isn't valid.

I personally do not answer whatsapp greetings from an unknown number until after they introduce themselves. I'd just read your 'Hi' and 'hello' and ignore you till you have sense and introduce yourself. I don't even want to care who you are.

I'm not supporting the girl. she was rude quite alright but the man has his share of the blame too.

You definitely don't have a point.
If you're in support of her attitude come out and say it. No one will beat you.
You missed where I said he has to confirm who he's talking to first.
Reason why he called her name after saying "good evening". Common sense will let you know that it's someone who probably knows you that's texting you.
Different people have different approaches when it comes to starting a conversation.
If you think someone must introduce himself and all that before you respond to a simple "good evening" that's your own attitude and it's your choice. That's why I said you are not different from the Mary, only that the Mary is dumb.

Greeting someone first and answering back won't kill you. It's not as if the person won't introduce his/herself later on.
So as it is, only one person is at fault here. And whoever blames the guy obviously supports the lady and is as rude and manner less her. Simple.
You can keep your opinion and attitude, but I won't be the one losing opportunities due to my attitude.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by kabillionaire(m): 5:04pm On Nov 28, 2020
The lady is not worth nothing, imagine her telling the guy 'not to do this to her"
lefulefu2:
but when you have given your phone number and email address to companies you have apllied for jobs ur contact is no longer private nau.See it pays to be polite.Best thing to do if it was a weirdo chyking her is to block the line or cut the call.You donmt just start raving without any provocation at the person on the other end.Anyway she has anger issues and such a person would have a problem holding a job where u interract with customers.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by kingxsamz(m): 5:09pm On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:

How can a manner less person communicate with a customer online? Do you even use your head at all?
Or isn't good communication skills required between the service provider and the customer? undecided
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Henryfortune(m): 5:13pm On Nov 28, 2020
GUYS PLS LETS NOT MIX THIS THING UP...M ONLY SURPRISE SOME JUSTIFYING THE LADIES ACTION. ..THIS IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM AND IT CUTS ACROSS THE DIVIDES MEN/WOMEN SOME OF US ARE JUST SO RUDE MISTAKEN THIS AS BEEN BLUNT ...SOME YEARS AFTER I LEFT SCHOOL I WAS WORKING AT A STORE AND A CUSTOMER WALKED IN AND ENQUIRE ABOUT SOME STUFFS AND I ATTENDED TO HIM NOT KNOWING THAT WAS MY OWN INTERVIEW WITH HIM EVENTUALLY. ..AFTER SOME MONTHS I DONT KNOW HOW OR FROM WHER HE GOT MY NUMBER HE JUST CALLED AND ASKED ME TO MEET ONE HR LADY WHO DIRECTED ME AFTER SOME DISCUSSIONS TO SEE WHO INVITED ME ...THE MAN SAID HE LIKED THE WAY I ATTENED TO HIM EVEN WHEN HE WAS ALMOST RUDE @ ME AND THAT WAS HOW I GOT MYSELF A WELL PAID JOB @ LEKKI ...It's all about courtesy and humility you earn respect you don't impose it or demand it

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by kingxsamz(m): 5:15pm On Nov 28, 2020
Henryfortune:
GUYS PLS LETS NOT MIX THIS THING UP...M ONLY SURPRISE SOME JUSTIFYING THE LADIES ACTION. ..THIS IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM AND IT CUTS ACROSS THE DIVIDES MEN/WOMEN SOME OF US ARE JUST SO RUDE MISTAKEN THIS AS BEEN BLUNT ...SOME YEARS AFTER I LEFT SCHOOL I WAS WORKING AT A STORE AND A CUSTOMER WALKED IN AND ENQUIRE ABOUT SOME STUFFS AND I ATTENDED TO HIM NOT KNOWING THAT WAS MY OWN INTERVIEW WITH HIM EVENTUALLY. ..AFTER SOME MONTHS I DONT KNOW HOW OR FROM WHER HE GOT MY NUMBER HE JUST CALLED AND ASKED ME TO MEET ONE HR LADY WHO DIRECTED ME AFTER SOME DISCUSSIONS TO SEE WHO INVITED ME ...THE MAN SAID HE LIKED THE WAY I ATTENED TO HIM EVEN WHEN HE WAS ALMOST RUDE @ ME AND THAT WAS HOW I GOT MYSELF A WELL PAID JOB @ LEKKI ...It's all about courtesy and humility you earn respect you don't impose it or demand it

I'm very sure that the clowns defending the girl would mellow and swallow anything that's been thrown at them in real life.
Everybody na Jagaban online.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 5:16pm On Nov 28, 2020
kingxsamz:

How can a manner less person communicate with a customer online? Do you even use your head at all?
Or isn't good communication skills required between the service provider and the customer? undecided
Bros, stop embarrassing yourself like this. The lady in question was not applying for a position in HR department(which requires good communication skills) ; she was applying as an intern in Web-design /Graphics firm. Does that sort of Job require a WhatsApp chat from from company's HR agent?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

2017 Recruitment Of Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) / FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) / NECO Coordination Starts In August 2016. Earn Up To N15,000 - Mpyaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.