Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp - Jobs/Vacancies (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp (59844 Views)

Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall / Lady Loses Employment Opportunity Over Semi-nude DP On Social Media / Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by glowingflame7: 9:51pm On Nov 29, 2020
MedicH:

Another nonentity on the lose. Pls I really tire for una. Say something meaningful to the discourse, no. You're throwing shades. You de ask me how many companies I know. Just imagine. And what do you mean by my start up kiosk?

You're the typical Nigerian case of pot calling kettle black. Your myopic and stereotyped views have only come in laced with insult and rudeness that you accuse and condemn Mary for. Customer is king is just a slogan in Nigeria not a practice. The world has gone past crude methods of testing. Nobody will test an IT personnel on Customer care in Amazon, Faceebook, Google or Yahoo. Those are the Mighty IT gurus. By God's grace, I am not currently in Nigeria, so at least I have small exposure and experience to what I'm saying. There are "mad" talents out there doing wonders. What they need is training not silly tests of respect. Who greet me, who prostrate.

Mind you, I don't subscribe to the lady's rude behavior. The point is that the recruiter has a blame too and should not dismiss an IT potential on such grounds. He could use a business account or company logo as DP. Or automated response options. (Thank you for contacting LI etc). He could introduce himself as Mr Emmanuel from LI etc. These are the proper ways official stuff is done on social media. Not to mention Nigeria where everyone is a suspect and scammer or ritualist until proven otherwise. The peculiarities of Nigeria for the girl child or female should come into play for a trained Human resource.

Nigerians love to play to the gallery though. I've not met a more entitled and rude set of persons in office like Nigerians but it is in Nigeria everyone says Customer is king. Nigerians will stoop low to the extent of giving their bodies for job or promotion. They are very polite and submissive for that one. But see them on the job everywhere behaving like miscreants in power. So my dear man, what is needed is on the job practical training and culture. Not impromptu good morning sir interviews which we keep doing since 1960. Ask your politicians, you their customers are kings when they need the job. They eat corn with widows and kneel down to illiterates. And you all give them pass marks as usual. You've been kinged.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by glowingflame7: 10:08pm On Nov 29, 2020
CsRockefeller:

Sir, please stop replying such nonentities, they have nothing upstairs. Every reasonable person knows a biz survives from its customers and no biz no matter it's skill pool can pay itself.

This one thinks it is sir, ma, please that Apple is using to make hundreds of thousands of dollars every minute. Yet, Nigerian staff are the rudest people ever encountered. All of them pass your Yes ma, I kneel down, I bow before you interview. You are going from recession to recession still.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by mindpresh: 12:26am On Nov 30, 2020
[quote author=Anuoluwap post=96569899][/quote]

Okay
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by mindpresh: 12:32am On Nov 30, 2020
LOL!.. and this country wants to progress with mediocre and poor attitudes rewarded at every turn.

People are rushing to reach out to her?..LWKMD ! so the messaging is sub-par attitudes or behaviour continues to be rewarded??.

This one no be zoo, nah safari park we dey

Tokkson:

Lol. She has already been offered several jobs.

Lots of people are trying to reach out to her all over social media.

I do not give out my number for an employer to engage me on WhatsApp. It's not an official form of engaging anyone.

We always find a way of normalizing what is wrong in this country.

If I don't respond to your calls, send a mail, and if I don't respond, move on with other candidates.

It's that simple.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Tokkson: 4:56am On Nov 30, 2020
mindpresh:
LOL!.. and this country wants to progress with mediocre and poor attitudes rewarded at every turn.

People are rushing to reach out to her?..LWKMD ! so the messaging is sub-par attitudes or behaviour continues to be rewarded??.

This one no be zoo, nah safari park we dey

Your opinion
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by temi1290: 7:04am On Nov 30, 2020
Jashub:
It is your father that is a fool. Yoruba idiot with no bearing.

Was the bolded necessary?
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by NoToPile: 7:36am On Nov 30, 2020
glowingflame7:

You're the typical Nigerian case of pot calling kettle black. Your myopic and stereotyped views have only come in laced with insult and rudeness that you accuse and condemn Mary for. Customer is king is just a slogan in Nigeria not a practice. The world has gone past crude methods of testing. Nobody will test an IT personnel on Customer care in Amazon, Faceebook, Google or Yahoo. Those are the Mighty IT gurus. By God's grace, I am not currently in Nigeria, so at least I have small exposure and experience to what I'm saying. There are "mad" talents out there doing wonders. What they need is training not silly tests of respect. Who greet me, who prostrate.

Mind you, I don't subscribe to the lady's rude behavior. The point is that the recruiter has a blame too and should not dismiss an IT potential on such grounds. He could use a business account or company logo as DP. Or automated response options. (Thank you for contacting LI etc). He could introduce himself as Mr Emmanuel from LI etc. These are the proper ways official stuff is done on social media. Not to mention Nigeria where everyone is a suspect and scammer or ritualist until proven otherwise. The peculiarities of Nigeria for the girl child or female should come into play for a trained Human resource.

Nigerians love to play to the gallery though. I've not met a more entitled and rude set of persons in office like Nigerians but it is in Nigeria everyone says Customer is king. Nigerians will stoop low to the extent of giving their bodies for job or promotion. They are very polite and submissive for that one. But see them on the job everywhere behaving like miscreants in power. So my dear man, what is needed is on the job practical training and culture. Not impromptu good morning sir interviews which we keep doing since 1960. Ask your politicians, you their customers are kings when they need the job. They eat corn with widows and kneel down to illiterates. And you all give them pass marks as usual. You've been kinged.

Very solid points

I like reading balanced posts like this.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 01, 2020
glowingflame7:

Some impeccable points there. Undoubtedly the recruiter was unprofessional, that is if it really happened.

However, others should be able to learn from the lady's excessiveness, we can be polite even to strangers

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Mikolo1716: 11:42am On Dec 10, 2020
You really think so ?
So be it...
Jashub:
[s][/s] From your post I can tell you have never heard or read about HR before.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Toktee(m): 1:09pm On Dec 10, 2020
Babara1994:
Some ladies ehn...that's how rude they are o

So proud and arrogant. Parents have a lot of work to do on their girls.
You hear many of them complaining of heartbreak in a relationship you wonder what's is wrong...

Reason many of them are beautiful yet no one is coming to ask their hand in marriage..

Last last you see many of them in SHILOH..... to them one of their relative is after their marital destiny.

Many that managed to vet married character have brought them home.

So sad.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Debbie1989: 1:27pm On Dec 10, 2020
Job Title: Trade Marketing Executive
Job Location: Lagos
Industry: FMCG

Job Summary:
Our client, an FMCG company is in need of experienced sales persons who will be a key point of contact between the company and its clients: answering queries, offering advice and introducing new products.

Job Responsibilities:
* Guarantee efficient and effective execution of sales, portfolio of products and sales activities performed by the storekeeper in charge.
* Increase other categories sales and beer in the outlets assigned.
* Be aware of competition strategy and create plans to defeat them.
* Ensure execution of promotion in the sales floor.
* Reconcile sales and inventory.
* Complies with a weekly supervision agenda that ensures the timely detection, correction and securing of the results of market actions.

Job Requirements:
* Minimum of 3 years sales/retail sales experience in an FMCG industry.
*B.sc/HND in any relevant discipline.
* Ability to drive is a must and possess valid drivers license.

Qualified and interested candidates should please apply through the link below:
https:///ebv5qsT
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Lanre045: 10:54am On May 16, 2021
What is the renumeration?
Any probability of retainment after internship?

I think it's one of the interview tests to actually know how to deal with strangers or a maturity test though.
Same method was used for me 2yrs back when I did my internship with Chevron. The guy didn't use the company's number when he messaged me and later called. I was actually expecting a mail from them but they didn't, at first. [/quote]
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by deepmindz: 12:37pm On Dec 24, 2023
That is how many people are
So rude on chat
Some will even insult you
But when in real life they will be acting like dove.

Asking how people got your number is irrelevant in this digital age, ask what they want and see how it benefits you.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by BigBashiru: 7:04pm On Dec 25, 2023
Babara1994:
Some ladies ehn...that's how rude they are o

So proud and arrogant. Parents have a lot of work to do on their girls.

Men the ritualists and murderers always making daily headlines nko
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by geodemainguy(m): 7:12am On Dec 26, 2023
Jashub:
I am sorry to say this , but Nigeria and poverty, has made you, and a lot of folks out there, have this slave-like mentality.

Many of you no longer know your rights, hence you are cheated on a daily basis.

And let me tell you this up front : no company has the right to toss information to applicants without giving a specified mean of notification to successful applicants.

Even as whacked as N-power was, they still tell applicants they would be reached via SMS(a specified method of communication).

So what this company did(in my own opinion )was was wrong.

Oga, please it's time for you to rest. Don't you think you are over flogging this issue. Perhaps, you can hire such a lady in your company.

You can't keep supporting ill manner with flimsy reasons. This shows how bad you behave to strangers too. The lady needs to be trained on chat/phone etiquette.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Skye Bank Plc Graduate Entry Level Job Recruitment 2018 / 2017 Recruitment Of Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) / NECO Coordination Starts In August 2016. Earn Up To N15,000 - Mpyaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.