Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,855 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? - Programming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? (14851 Views)

Request For Any Programming Courses Let Me Provide Them For Yu / What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt / Learn Any Programming Language At Your Convenient Time- Beginner To Advance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Karleb(m): 5:59pm On Nov 28, 2020
cixak95211:

your question is akin to asking "when last did you see somebody drive a McLaren . . . "
while the most expensive car in your neck of woods might be a Mercedes Benz,
in some areas, that would be the cheapest car you'd spot
You get the idea.
I used BFS and DFS a couple of months ago for a mobile e-commerce app.
You're free to ask me why.

cheesy

Nah! I don't need to ask you why.

So many algorithm and data structures are already implemented by many languages out there, as such there might be no reason to write them from scratch unless you want something different.

That was why I asked you that.
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Hinokami: 6:21pm On Nov 28, 2020
Corlahworleh:
I am. How can I get in touch with you?
Sent you my number in your mail.
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by clockwisereport: 7:17pm On Nov 28, 2020
Java- multithreading and concurrency,Regular expressions, Generics and Reflection
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by MrColdsweat: 7:23pm On Nov 28, 2020
Queues and threads in tensorflow for deep learning.

1 Like

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by clockwisereport: 7:41pm On Nov 28, 2020
Wartsnigeria:

Easiest way to understand Java multithreading is tutorial on w3schools, just Google it.

Have you heard about "Master Java Multithreading Programming from Zero (Modern)
By Syed Ahmed " ?. The course was of immense help to me. The most important thing about the course is that it is free.
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by logicDcoder(m): 7:53pm On Nov 28, 2020
oweniwe:

If you want to be a rugged coder, forget two of them... Learn HTML and CSS as much as you can.

CSS might seem confusing at first but as you master it, its like difference between motor mechanic and ordinary motor driver.

Dreamweaver and Wordpress uses WYSIWYG approach that's What you see is what you get. In other to be good(extremely good) at both you must know HTML,CSS and JavaScript because they make use of these technologies especially Dreamweaver. WordPress and Dreamweaver is a normal tool web designers not developers use to create static websites. But a professional web developer can use it to create both dynamic and static website.
If you're a web designer using only Dreamweaver/Wordpress is good but In other to be a full stack developer you need to drop those fancy applications and learn it the traditional way(HTML<CSS<JAVASCRIPT & ONE SERVERSIDE LANGUAGE)

1 Like

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by logicDcoder(m): 8:46pm On Nov 28, 2020
cc lalasticlala
cc mukina2

please we need this on front page. This trend is really educative.
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by logicDcoder(m): 8:47pm On Nov 28, 2020
Etinosa1234:

I think according to Java... Global variables are the ones that can be used by every thing in the class and local variables are variables that can be used only in a method ,inner class or code block that it was created

Example:
Public class MyClass{
public int variable:// this is a global variables
}

Public void VariMethod(int a){
//a is a local variable
}

Accept my humble explanation bro

I nor too sabi
cc peacettw

Bro global variables have different meanings, it depends on language that you're using. how that language defines it determines its characteristics.
for example a global variable in C language is different from that in java(Technically java doesn't support global variable). lemme use C to describe it first.
A global variable in C is a variable declared outside the main function/subroutine /method or other functions. The variable is static in nature this means that it can be accessed by any part of the program(that is other .c files created for that particular project) and it's independent of any block. But a local variable is a variable declared inside a block only the code inside the block have access to this variable. It can't be accessed by codes outside the block. The life time of the variables is one of factors that differentiate the two variable; the life time of global variables end when the program execution end while the life time of a local variable ends when the program control exits the block it is defined in.
C Code snippet
inside main.c file:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
//this is a global variable
int myvar;

int main(){
int myvar2;//a local variable since it's in the main block and not modified by static.
static int myvar3;//Another global variable.
//myvar can be accessed here.
}

Now in java people often say that global variable is declared using the the modifier public. Now let me ask you what about the modifier static.
Like I said initially that global variable is independent of any block but in the simple program you wrote the variable depends on the class block which makes the instance variable a local one.
Java doesn't support global variable since using public to define a variable in a class will only make that variable accessible through the object of the class the variable is defined in. Mind you that what you declared in that MyClass Class is an instance variable.
In java to achieve something that is similar to a global variable but not a GV o! Declare a variable using public static modifier.

Look at this code snippet:

class MyClass{
public static int myvar;

//Accesing myvar3
Main.myvar3 = 3;

//myvar2 is invisible here.
}

class Main{
public static void main(Strng[] args){
int myvar2;
static myvar3;
//myvar is visible here
MyClass.myvar=10;
}
}

The code snippet above has shown you the actual thing these modifiers do. Notice that I initialized myvar in Main class using MyClass.myvar. The static modifier made this variable to act like a global variable. The static made the variable independent of the object of MyClass, that's we can access it from the class directly without creating an object of MyClass. So as myvar3 which we accessed in MyClass using Main.myvar3. Also notice that I didn't put public there because all the variable declared inside a class is a public modified variable as far as it's not modified with "private".

These might be confusing but with constant practicing you will scale through.

1 Like

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Regex: 5:50am On Nov 29, 2020
SonyaSpence:

Trust me, when you get the jinx of OOP in python, you'll see how easy it is.

First, ensure you understand the basics of the OOP concept very well. Then you can move to considering OOP examples in syntax. Then Practice! - 2X

OOP, I mastered it when I switched to GUI python programming with Kivy.

I'll look for books specifically on OOP.
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by promisedeco(m): 8:05am On Nov 29, 2020
digitalgeorgy:
am currently struggling to learn PHP...
please if there's a group or persons that could assist me or advice me on this programme, I will greatly appreciated
I have replied your mail
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by XXLDICK(m): 8:27am On Nov 29, 2020
COdeGenesis:

How is PHP dying biko? Almost 9 in 10 websites are built on PHP

So the above was my initial comment but from the look of things people are going Javascript now i.e Nodejs
you are right and that's because PHP was the supreme language for websites back then and most of the numbers are websites built with websites builders like WordPress.

for backend Nodejs is the king now.

1 Like

Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by XXLDICK(m): 8:29am On Nov 29, 2020
Karleb:

gringringrin

Oga, where did you hear that rumour?
for web development, learn Nodejs (express framework) it's the most in-demand now.
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by XXLDICK(m): 8:33am On Nov 29, 2020
NarnieAceTech:

Please, fill me in. What am I missing out on?

for web develoment, choose most in-demand stacks like MERN, MEAN and MEVN. These all have Nodejs (express framework) as backend
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Pallium: 7:54am On Nov 30, 2020
Kennyking1234:

Thank you so much
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Pallium: 7:56am On Nov 30, 2020
Kennyking1234:
EDIT(1):
wow! i got more quotes than expected. Rather than attending individually let me place the resources here.
NOTE; YOU MUST BE ON TELEGRAM!
FOR THOSE WILLING TO LEARN PYTHON SEARCH AND JOIN THIS CHANNEL @pythonlbooks YOU WOULD BE OVERWHELMED WITH HUNDREDS OF BOOKS, SIMPLY SEARCH FOR THIS BOOK IN PARTICULAR " Python Crash Course" ITS A GOOD START.

EDIT(2)
ANOTHER GOOD CHANNEL IS @javaebooks . IT HAS BOOKS ON DIFFERENT PROGRAMING LANGUAGES. FROM PYTHON TO C ETC...

EDIT(3)
FULL COURSE ON PYTHON...
Google Drive Link: [DesireCourse.Net] Udemy - Complete Python Developer in 2020 Zero to Mastery https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iKNamoVgD8rgRbc8z34VQpF6Uyed2z8X (15.01GB) #REQUEST ACCESS AND TRY LATER.
FOR THOSE THAT DONT HAVE DATA TO DOWNLOAD AT ONCE YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IN SMALLER CHUNCKS

EDIT(3) 4 HOURS VIDEO ON BEGINNING PYTHON(FREECODE CAMP).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfscVS0vtbw

PLEASE ASK IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION

PLEASE LIKE AND SHARE TO OTHERS... #ALTRUISM

Thank you so much
Re: The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? by Brukx(m): 9:21am On Nov 30, 2020
Looping gave me small challenge. But you see that OOP. Especially when I started seeing things like Kwargs** and args**.
The way php treats double quotes and single quotes differently is another headache.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming / How To Build And Design A Mobile Application Like 2go, Whatsapp, Mixit / [Advice] For New Programmers, what server-Side Programming Language Is The Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.