Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,763 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Qualification For Heaven - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Qualification For Heaven (13341 Views)

Who Really Is Qualify For Heaven / Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? / Watch Your Ways! Nothing Is Hidden For Heaven Is A Serious Business! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Qualification For Heaven by Kobojunkiee: 5:05pm On Nov 29, 2020
Oluromantic:
Your argumentative nature is enough to prevent you from heaven
Well, God loves my kind! grin
While I thought I was still trying to work my way through His commandments (obeying them every opportunity I got) to get through to Him, He showed up one evening, and since then, I have gotten confirmation from Him that not only have I gained the gift of Eternal life i.e. I have been saved, but that I also have a place in Heaven awaiting me at the end... just as Jesus Christ confirmed to His disciples back when He was still here in earth.

See, the key into the Kingdom of Heaven is Obedience of the commandments that of the New Covenant, that is Jesus Christ... not doing all that Jesus Christ never commanded in the first place! Many of you have become so fond of doing what you want and as you please, pretending God will squeeze Himself into it all eventually, forgetting that God is not a fool. He set the rules and if you don't obey His rules, you are going nowhere close to His Kingdom in the end.

The Key to becoming Born again is to obey His commandments.. that is the simple rule.
Re: Qualification For Heaven by Gilbertkwabena(m): 5:39pm On Nov 29, 2020
Righteousness89:

First of all !Eternity is not 1000yrs! Eternity is forever and Ever!
Heaven is a Place where all Tears, pains, struggles etc are wiped away!
No sorrows! No worries! No pains! No steess!
Heaven is a play of indescribable and Unmeasurable Joy!
Heaven is the Reward of the Righteous
It's just songs and praises to GOD Almighty!
Heaven is joyous Joy forever more..

All we do is Praise God and His Holiness..

I never said eternity is 1,000years I said what would u do for a 1,000years nd thank for u answering.

So u mean ure going to heaven just to go nd praise god nd his holiness for eternity? Can u pls try that on earth for only one year nd see how sad,empty,frustrating,depressing that is.

U mean there's no pain, no sorrow, no worries, no stress, unmeasurable joy. Now break this things down.

What exactly would u be doing to make u av no pain, no sorrow, no worries, no stress nd unmeasurable joy(dis is a big word... wat is in heaven that will b giving u joy?) Certainly praising nd singing can't be wat will make u have no pain nd d rest u mentioned so wat will u he doing in heaven exactly that will make u achieve wat uve said?

A
Re: Qualification For Heaven by Gilbertkwabena(m): 5:44pm On Nov 29, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

That is what am saying jare....one should just try to enjoy himself while alive and hearty cus he might not later passed the post jamb to enter heaven grin grin

U got the point my broda... Just imagine sm1 like Shina Rambo wey don kill hundreds of ppl nf put thousands in sorrow nd turn ppl into fatherless,childless,motherless nd some ever lasting sorrow is now a pastor whom according to d religion will make heaven but me wey I never kill anyone or even put anyone for sorrow dem go say I go go hell cuz I no blv in Christ or Mohammed.

U see say smtn is wrong. Na for us to just live as we can, d winners are already decided like Nigeria election... voting na waste of time.
Re: Qualification For Heaven by OlawaleBammie: 6:07pm On Nov 29, 2020
Gilbertkwabena:

U got the point my broda... Just imagine sm1 like Shina Rambo wey don kill hundreds of ppl nf put thousands in sorrow nd turn ppl into fatherless,childless,motherless nd some ever lasting sorrow is now a pastor whom according to d religion will make heaven but me wey I never kill anyone or even put anyone for sorrow dem go say I go go hell cuz I no blv in Christ or Mohammed.

U see say smtn is wrong. Na for us to just live as we can, d winners are already decided like Nigeria election... voting na waste of time.

ABI Na

Me my life is simple, I don't kill, slander, drink or smoke or womanise too much grin
And am not tooooooo religious as well

I just leave a normal equilibrium life cheesy grin

Cus e go pain me if angel gabriel tell us for heaven say all those tins dem tell us while we were in the earth Na joke dem dey oo grin

1 Like

Re: Qualification For Heaven by Offpoint1: 6:53pm On Nov 29, 2020
Lifepodcastng:
While I know righteousness89 does not really know GOD, what he knows is a religion, I think we should be helpful. Let’s not be straight to judge each other but instead let’s try to help them see. I know it hurts when someone who’s yet to know acts as though they already, I have been in such situations but we should try as much as possible not to judge them. Thanks tho. I enjoyed your insights, it shows you’ve been truly reading the Bible

It's good to help ourselves understand in areas we're lacking behind, but how do you help someone who doesn't want correction?
Someone who believes he's always right?
Righteousness 89 is full of pride... It's very obvious in him.

There was a thread about 10 richest celebrities in death. Michael Jackson and others were listed.

Righteousness 89 jumped in on that thread and in his words "All that doesn't matter now, if they die without Christ they are ALREADY in hell now"

I approach him and let him know, it's totally wrong to conclude someone is ALREADY in hell with such boldness. In respective of one lifestyle, only God can decide such.

And secondly, I let him know it's unbiblical to say someone who is dead is in hell or heaven. No one can make hell or heaven without being judged and God will judge everyone on judgment day.
I gave him biblical quotes about the resurrection of both just and unjust to be judged.

He wasn't taking it, that was when I realized he only read the Bible with zero understanding of what he read.

Nothing I dislike on earth than any human who refuses to take correction.
Anyone who he/she is always right, then there's something terribly wrong with him/her.
Re: Qualification For Heaven by Gilbertkwabena(m): 7:39pm On Nov 29, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

ABI Na

Me my life is simple, I don't kill, slander, drink or smoke or womanise too much grin
And am not tooooooo religious as well

I just leave a normal equilibrium life cheesy grin

Cus e go pain me if angel gabriel tell us for heaven say all those tins dem tell us while we were in the earth Na joke dem dey oo grin

Hahahaha... Abi now my broda. Stay safe nd protected man. YOLO.
Re: Qualification For Heaven by shadeyinka(m): 9:22pm On Nov 29, 2020
omanzo02:

Good (good belief) is something that's proven to be real and true occurrence scientifically and historically, and not just a mere tell tales.

Gains of life on earth are fulfillment of plans and purpose to improve yourself socially, professionally, economically and adding values in development of your immediate environment.
You seem not to understand me.
1. What is good?
That is how do we objectively measure the attribute of "good"?
2. What is the gain to an individual if he is good? Can the gains of being good be kept?

These are philosophical questions that require much thought.
Re: Qualification For Heaven by Oluromantic: 4:16am On Nov 30, 2020
Digitalwitch:

Church is a gathering. You can fellowship with God anytime of the day
That is still not enough excuse for a born again Christian to skip church. The Bible asked us not to neglect the gathering of brethrens. It's a commandment not an opinion. Churches and fellowships are gatherings of brethrens

Besides, anybody who's seeking excuse out from churching is not genuinely born again. A real born again xtain always have joy when it's time to go to God's house especially to pray/clean up/arrange/organize the program (which is the real service) before the service/gathering begins David said I was glad when they said let us go to the house of the Lord. The joy will always be there for a heaven-focused born again xtain. What a lot of nairalanders call born again is not the real one. Pls know that!

1 Like

Re: Qualification For Heaven by Oluromantic: 4:30am On Nov 30, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
Well, God loves my kind! grin
While I thought I was still trying to work my way through His commandments (obeying them every opportunity I got) to get through to Him, He showed up one evening, and since then, I have gotten confirmation from Him that not only have I gained the gift of Eternal life i.e. I have been saved, but that I also have a place in Heaven awaiting me at the end... just as Jesus Christ confirmed to His disciples back when He was still here in earth.

See, the key into the Kingdom of Heaven is Obedience of the commandments that of the New Covenant, that is Jesus Christ... not doing all that Jesus Christ never commanded in the first place! Many of you have become so fond of doing what you want and as you please, pretending God will squeeze Himself into it all eventually, forgetting that God is not a fool. He set the rules and if you don't obey His rules, you are going nowhere close to His Kingdom in the end.

The Key to becoming Born again is to obey His commandments.. that is the simple rule.

Thanks to God for your confirmation. That however is still not enough excuse for a born again Christian to skip church. The Bible asked us not to neglect the gathering of brethrens. It's a commandment not an opinion. Churches and fellowships are gatherings of brethrens

Besides, anybody who's seeking excuse out from churching is not genuinely born again. A real born again xtain always have joy when it's time to go to God's house especially to pray/clean up/arrange/organize the program (which is the real service) before the service/gathering begins David said I was glad when they said let us go to the house of the Lord. The joy will always be there for a heaven-focused born again xtain. What a lot of nairalanders call born again is not the real one. Pls know that!
Re: Qualification For Heaven by Kobojunkiee: 5:01am On Nov 30, 2020
Oluromantic:
Thanks to God for your confirmation. That however is still not enough excuse for a born again Christian to skip church. The Bible asked us not to neglect the gathering of brethrens. It's a commandment not an opinion. Churches and fellowships are gatherings of brethrens
God Almighty Himself, the one who owns Heaven, confirmed that indeed He has a place for me in His Heaven, yet you say His word is not enough? undecided
Paul is not Jesus Christ, so in the words of Jesus Christ, as contained in the Gospels, can you please show us where Jesus Christ commanded that you must attend "mass/service" at what you call churches if you intend to enter into Heaven? undecided

God said that you must not add or remove from His commandments, so kindly show us where this commandment to attend church which you attribute to the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ, is hidden in the Gospels where the New Covenant is defined and given.
Oluromantic:
I see you are one of those who has been deceived for so long and no longer interested in what God really said, even though His word has been available to you and your kind for the past 2000 years.

David was not a born again, let alone a Christian. God's House, during David's time, was a place selected by God Himself, here on earth. After Jesus Christ, God's House no longer resides on this earth... for God does not inhabit man-made structures. If only you have an understanding of what that means, you would know how wrong you are to attempt comparing the Old Covenant rules set by God with the New Covenant rules as defined by God through Jesus Christ.
Re: Qualification For Heaven by Oluromantic: 5:14am On Nov 30, 2020
Let he who thinks he stands take heed lest he falls. You have a major weakness. Argumentation!
Kobojunkiee:
God Almighty Himself, the one who owns Heaven, confirmed that indeed He has a place for me in His Heaven, yet you say His word is not enough? undecided
Paul is not Jesus Christ, so in the words of Jesus Christ, as contained in the Gospels, can you please show us where Jesus Christ commanded that you must attend "mass/service" at what you call churches if you intend to enter into Heaven? undecided

God said that you must not add or remove from His commandments, so kindly show us where this commandment to attend church which you attribute to the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ, is hidden in the Gospels where the New Covenant is defined and given.
I see you are one of those who has been deceived for so long and no longer interested in what God really said, even though His word has been available to you and your kind for the past 2000 years.

David was not a born again, let alone a Christian. God's House, during David's time, was a place selected by God Himself, here on earth. After Jesus Christ, God's House no longer resides on this earth... for God does not inhabit man-made structures. If only you have an understanding of what that means, you would know how wrong you are to attempt comparing the Old Covenant rules set by God with the New Covenant rules as defined by God through Jesus Christ.
Re: Qualification For Heaven by Kobojunkiee: 5:42am On Nov 30, 2020
Oluromantic:
Let he who thinks he stands take heed lest he falls. You have a major weakness. Argumentation!
It is not a weakness at all. I am simply allergic to the bullcrap that people like you peddle without evidence!

I have asked at least 3 times now for evidence showing where God Himself, the one who command us, instructs that to enter His kingdom, one has to submit to entering buildings built by the hands of men, and you have yet to come up with a single reference of God commanding this, but you think that telling you this outright is a weakness?

Jesus Christ warned His followers, about 2000 years ago, against adding/removing from the commandments of God. He instructed them to stay clear of the doctrines and traditions of men (this would include the doctrine and tradition of attending your church business services pretending you do so in the name of God), lies told by men to deceive over men in the name of God. But many who claim to believe in Him continue to turn their backs on Him, thinking God is fooled in some way.
Re: Qualification For Heaven by Digitalwitch: 8:01am On Nov 30, 2020
Oluromantic:

That is still not enough excuse for a born again Christian to skip church. The Bible asked us not to neglect the gathering of brethrens. It's a commandment not an opinion. Churches and fellowships are gatherings of brethrens

So having a fellowship with few brethren isn't a church I suppose?
Re: Qualification For Heaven by Lifepodcastng: 9:35am On Nov 30, 2020
Well like I said, he does not know GOD, he only knows a religion. I have corrected him about thinking that there’s going to be a certain antichrists tormenting people after Christ comes. I told him it was purely religious to think that way but it’s not biblical or something. I do not know if he responded but most of his post have showed his lack of understanding in the word. When is said and done, saying he’s proud is something I do not think is right. That’s like pure judgement already and there’s nothing GOD hates more than that. I just want you to leave your comment and let him say whatever he likes about it. Some people will see it and realize which is right. The problem faced in spreading the gospel is we have so many religious people who do not know anything about the message but are very zealous in spreading misinformation about Christ. Our own is to dissect such message and help others see the faults in them. Let’s keep doing that and leave their person or attitude for GOD to judge. I know it’s not easy, I often times use strings words too but the truth is we too should refrain from such.

Offpoint1:

It's good to help ourselves understand in areas we're lacking behind, but how do you help someone who doesn't want correction?
Someone who believes he's always right?
Righteousness 89 is full of pride... It's very obvious in him.

There was a thread about 10 richest celebrities in death. Michael Jackson and others were listed.

Righteousness 89 jumped in on that thread and in his words "All that doesn't matter now, if they die without Christ they are ALREADY in hell now"

I approach him and let him know, it's totally wrong to conclude someone is ALREADY in hell with such boldness. In respective of one lifestyle, only God can decide such.

And secondly, I let him know it's unbiblical to say someone who is dead is in hell or heaven. No one can make hell or heaven without being judged and God will judge everyone on judgment day.
I gave him biblical quotes about the resurrection of both just and unjust to be judged.

He wasn't taking it, that was when I realized he only read the Bible with zero understanding of what he read.

Nothing I dislike on earth than any human who refuses to take correction.
Anyone who he/she is always right, then there's something terribly wrong with him/her.
Re: Qualification For Heaven by Lifepodcastng: 9:39am On Nov 30, 2020
Read it again, you didn’t get the part where I was inferring that no one can get to the father except through the son. You people who’re like Adam would reject the son just as Adam rejected him. He being in his fullness came and you still equate him to yourself while seeking to get to the father in your own. Atleast someone who wants to go anywhere must at least know his road and have an awareness of where he’s. Mankind does not know anything about himself or where he’s yet he wants to get to the father on his own. That’s delusion

motayoayinde:

I'M STRUGGLING TO SEE HOW YOUR ANALOGY IS RELEVANT TO MY QUESTION.

READ AGAIN, WHICH OF THE JESUSES ARE WE TALKING ABOUT HERE?
Re: Qualification For Heaven by Lifepodcastng: 9:42am On Nov 30, 2020
Being born in a Christian family does not equate knowing GOD. Religion does not define GOD only Christ does. I had been religious a long time but only got to know GOD recently. I’m guessing you’re still in that phase. When you know GOD you’ll avoid religion. The other part is that the whole world is a scam. It’s an illusion; constructed perception so it’ll not hurt you to go into the Bible on your own to see what it’s truly saying. You do not rely on anyone to breathe so you? How then should you rely on anyone to have life

Fmghewzy:

I was born into Christianity ,went to church all through my childhood,but as I grow older I come to realize that the whole thing contradicts each other.

But I don't understand what you saying in the last part of your statement
Re: Qualification For Heaven by Dtruthspeaker: 10:50am On Nov 30, 2020
Righteousness89:
Heaven is the abode of God Almighty. For one to be there, there are standards which must be met. Some people will be disqualified for not meeting the Standard.

You Must be Born again
John 3:3
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Anyone that wants to be in Heaven must be Born again. You must have the Spirit of GOD through Regeneration and Salvation.
All Born of man have Sinned. Through the sin of Adam, Everyone born of man and Woman are sinners, and as such Cannot please God in that nature.
For Mortal man/woman to be Free from sin, we must be Born again. You Must Give your life to JESUS Christ.

Romans 5:17-21
17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Once you Give your life to JESUS, you receive the gift or righteousness and Holiness. You are quickened to live the righteous life,
John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.

Then will you be qualified to enter Heaven. If you go on to Maintain Righteousness through the New birth, you will be qualified to Make Heaven.

Heaven is the Siamese Twin of Earth they are Always together.

They were born Together and they shall die Together!
And all the inhabitants of the earth have access to them both.

It is the Kingdom of God that Requires Qualification for Entry!
Re: Qualification For Heaven by Fmghewzy(m): 1:32pm On Nov 30, 2020
Lifepodcastng:
Being born in a Christian family does not equate knowing GOD. Religion does not define GOD only Christ does. I had been religious a long time but only got to know GOD recently. I’m guessing you’re still in that phase. When you know GOD you’ll avoid religion. The other part is that the whole world is a scam. It’s an illusion; constructed perception so it’ll not hurt you to go into the Bible on your own to see what it’s truly saying. You do not rely on anyone to breathe so you? How then should you rely on anyone to have life

Bro I don't think you understand me,
We are pratically saying the same thing.
I literally mean that for sure God exists,but I don't thiany of these religion is the right way to him.

The whole religion thing has been corrupted.

So if you want to know God , you need to set aside any religion bullshit.
And be straight with him.God personally to him,yo y don't need any pastor ,imam or any religion whatsoever, period!!

1 Like

Re: Qualification For Heaven by Lifepodcastng: 2:57pm On Nov 30, 2020
100%

Fmghewzy:

Bro I don't think you understand me,
We are pratically saying the same thing.
I literally mean that for sure God exists,but I don't thiany of these religion is the right way to him.

The whole religion thing has been corrupted.

So if you want to know God , you need to set aside any religion bullshit.
And be straight with him.God personally to him,yo y don't need any pastor ,imam or any religion whatsoever, period!!
Re: Qualification For Heaven by Kobojunkiee: 9:36pm On Nov 30, 2020
Chaose:
I think what the other person is simply trying to say is that, you receive the life of Christ and not give your life to Christ. To you, it might be confusing grammar, but it must be said right, so people who are unlearned in the things of God can understand perfectly what takes place during salvation.
You are called to surrender your life/will/ego in order to follow Him, so yes, even as Jesus Christ had to give up His life, we are called to give ours up, in order to become followers of Him
Jesus required that those who choose to follow Him do the work that He commands they first do i.e. Obey that which He has stipulated.

1. Be prepared to abandon parents, brother, sister, children, spouse, in-laws, e.t.c.
2. Abandon all that you know/believe, have, and all that you are
3. Bear your own burden (not someone else's cross- not even your family's or children's)

Matthew 10 vs 34-39
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
34. “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace. I came to bring trouble.[h]
35. I have come to make this happen:
‘A son will turn against his father.
A daughter will turn against her mother.
A daughter-in-law will turn against her mother-in-law.
36. Even members of your own family will be your enemies.’
37. “Those who love their father or mother more than they love me are not worthy of me. And those who love their son or daughter more than they love me are not worthy of me.
38. Those who will not accept the cross that is given to them when they follow me are not worthy of me.
39. Those who try to keep the life they have will lose it. But those who give up their life for me will find true life.

4. Become a child again in your thinking and your actions

Matthew 14 vs 23-24
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
23. Then he said, “The truth is, you must change your thinking and become like little children. If you don’t do this, you will never enter God’s kingdom.
24. The greatest person in God’s kingdom is the one who makes himself humble like this child.
5. Be prepared to lose life(reputation, career, control, property, etc.)

Matthew 16 vs 24-27
24. Then Jesus said to his followers, “If any of you want to be my follower, you must stop thinking about yourself and what you want. You must be willing to carry the cross that is given to you for following me.
25. Any of you who try to save the life you have will lose it. But you who give up your life for me will find true life.
26. It is worth nothing for you to have the whole world if you yourself are lost. You could never pay enough to buy back your life.
27. The Son of Man will come again with his Father’s glory and with his angels. And he will reward everyone for what they have done.

6. Desire above all to find and enter the Kingdom of God and also walk the path of righteousness, with God as your guide every step
7. Let go of all control you have over your life and circumstances, allowing God to take care of your every need

Matthew 6 vs 25-34
25. “So I tell you, don’t worry about the things you need to live—what you will eat, drink, or wear. Life is more important than food, and the body is more important than what you put on it.
26. Look at the birds. They don’t plant, harvest, or save food in barns, but your heavenly Father feeds them. Don’t you know you are worth much more than they are?
27. You cannot add any time to your life by worrying about it.
28. “And why do you worry about clothes? Look at the wildflowers in the field. See how they grow. They don’t work or make clothes for themselves.
29. But I tell you that even Solomon, the great and rich king, was not dressed as beautifully as one of these flowers.
30. If God makes what grows in the field so beautiful, what do you think he will do for you? It’s just grass—one day it’s alive, and the next day someone throws it into a fire. But God cares enough to make it beautiful. Surely he will do much more for you. Your faith is so small!
31. “Don’t worry and say, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’
32. That’s what those people who don’t know God are always thinking about. Don’t worry, because your Father in heaven knows that you need all these things.
33. What you should want most is God’s kingdom and doing what he wants you to do. Then he will give you all these other things you need.
34. So don’t worry about tomorrow. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Tomorrow will have its own worries.

Chaose:
You should have pointed out to him, a portion in the bible where Christ asked people to give their lives to him. I do not think I have ever come across such passage. Ehpesians 2:1 - And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins. Likewise, Colosians 2:13 explains same. The question is, how can someone who is already give life? What life is there to give?
So, from what I understand from what the other person stated above, he is trying to put it right. It is Christ who is giving us his life here, and not the other way round.
The life you have now is meant to be surrendered to Him so He can live through us.

John 14 vs 23-24 (ERV)
23. Jesus answered, “All who love me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them. My Father and I will come to them and live with them.
24. But anyone who does not love me does not obey my teaching. This teaching that you hear is not really mine. It is from my Father who sent me.
Re: Qualification For Heaven by Kobojunkiee: 9:46pm On Nov 30, 2020
Donspicey:
Who will make heaven or Hell depends on how you die........
As a Born Again or a sinner.......
Heaven no sure for anybody still alive......
Only God knows dos that will make Heaven....
That is not true! Jesus Christ informed His disciples, even while they lived, that He would go there to make a place for them. I believe that those who obey the commandments in Jesus Christ already have a place in Heaven, as Jesus Christ Himself taught.

John 15 vs 1-11 (ERV)
1. “I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser.
2. Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
3. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you.
4. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.
5. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
6. If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned.
7. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
8. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.
9. As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love.
10. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.
11. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.
Re: Qualification For Heaven by Kobojunkiee: 10:30pm On Nov 30, 2020
SocialJustice:
Heaven when don full na im una still dey argue. Better start preparing your mind for the new earth.
If you are speaking of Heaven as described by Jesus Christ, it remains unpopulated since it is not until His, Jesus Christ's return that Heaven will be populated. All those who died waiting are still in their graves. grin
Re: Qualification For Heaven by Kobojunkiee: 10:38pm On Nov 30, 2020
Firstandonly:
I wonder y people think they can play a role in their salvation
You actually have a part to play in order to be saved i.e. be granted Salvation from the condemnation of sin which is death by perishing in the grave.

John 3 vs 16-21 (ERV)
16. “For God so loved the world,[i] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
17. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
19. And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.
20. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.
21. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”
You have to believe in order to be saved. If you do not believe, you cannot be saved and receive the gift of eternal life. Jesus Christ goes even further to state that in order to receive eternal life and be raised on the last day, you have to eat his body and drink of His blood i.e. partake of the last supper (Jesus Christ's New Covenant mod of the Passover feast).

John 6 vs 47-56 (ERV)
47. “I can assure you that anyone who believes has eternal life.
48. I am the bread that gives life.
49. Your ancestors ate the manna God gave them in the desert, but it didn’t keep them from dying.
50. Here is the bread that comes down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will never die.
51. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my body. I will give my body so that the people in the world can have life.”
52. Then the Jews began to argue among themselves. They said, “How can this man give us his body to eat?”
53. Jesus said, “Believe me when I say that you must eat the body of the Son of Man, and you must drink his blood. If you don’t do this, you have no real life.
54. Those who eat my body and drink my blood have eternal life. I will raise them up on the last day.
55. My body is true food, and my blood is true drink.
56. Those who eat my body and drink my blood live in me, and I live in them.

P.S. The gift of eternal life does not come with a guarantee of Heaven.
Re: Qualification For Heaven by Kobojunkiee: 10:40pm On Nov 30, 2020
livingchrist:
if your teachings are not in line with what paul and other apostles preached they are simply another gospel.
Its obvious you are confused here.
Which power are you talking about? The one that does not agree to biblical truth, you think the power of God is about noise? If you see God's power, it will humble you.

Yes the gospel is simple but you are perverting either knowingly or unknowingly.
There are about 9 fruits of the spirit and pride is not one of them.
You are not called to worship the teachings of Paul and the disciples. You are called to serve the New Covenant which is Jesus Christ and His teachings are found in the 4 Gospels. Every other teaching that does not align with His teaching, God's Truth, is not according to God.
Re: Qualification For Heaven by SocialJustice: 6:53am On Dec 01, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
If you are speaking of Heaven as described by Jesus Christ, it remains unpopulated since it is not until His, Jesus Christ's return that Heaven will be populated. All those who died waiting are still in their graves. grin
Ehen? But remember only 144k plus 12 elders are the only people being expected to join Jesus in governing the new earth.
Re: Qualification For Heaven by infini771: 6:58am On Dec 01, 2020
And it is easy to be born again. Just believe Jesus Christ is the son of God and that God raised him from the dead after he died for your sin. Then confess with your mouth that he(Jesus Christ) is the Lord of your life, and you will automatically be transferred from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of light.
Re: Qualification For Heaven by Kobojunkie: 7:31am On Dec 01, 2020
SocialJustice:
Ehen? But remenmber only 144k plus 12 elders are the only people being expected to join Jesus in governing the new earth.
Jesus Christ NEVER said any such thing so, I don't believe that has anything to do with the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ.
Re: Qualification For Heaven by Kobojunkie: 7:34am On Dec 01, 2020
infini771:
And it is easy to be born again. Just believe Jesus Christ is the son of God and that God raised him from the dead after he died for your sin. Then confess with your mouth that he(Jesus Christ) is the Lord of your life, and you will automatically be transferred from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of light.
Salvation from the condemnation of sin which is death, is what you get by believing in Jesus Christ and eating the last supper , with eternal life bestowed in return.

To be Born again, one must submit to obedience of the commandments which are qualification requirements as stipulated by Jesus Christ Himself. Anyone who refuses to obey will never become worthy of Him, Jesus Christ.
Re: Qualification For Heaven by SocialJustice: 7:56am On Dec 01, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ NEVER said any such thing so, I don't believe that has anything to do with the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ.
I hear you, on the last day we'll all watch the movie unfold.
Re: Qualification For Heaven by Kobojunkie: 8:04am On Dec 01, 2020
SocialJustice:
I hear you, on the last day we'll all watch the movie unfold.
You don't have to wait till the last day to know the truth that Jesus Christ spoke 2000 years ago.

While I don't subscribe to literal reading of the book of revelation since it is after all a dream/vision according to the writer Himself, the 144000 mentioned were given as number of descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob chosen for Heaven, was it not? And since the Covenant between God and the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, did not include a promise of Heaven, then I believe rather that those numbers as facts, one should instead seek wisdom and knowledge from God on what it was that John aaw, assuming the knowledge is worth something to your walk with Him.
Re: Qualification For Heaven by livingchrist: 5:59pm On Dec 06, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
You are not called to worship the teachings of Paul and the disciples. You are called to serve the New Covenant which is Jesus Christ and His teachings are found in the 4 Gospels. Every other teaching that does not align with His teaching, God's Truth, is not according to God.
Who wrote the four books of the gospel? Was it not Jesus disciples? At the end Jesus words to you through his disciples.
The 4 gospel alone do not contain the teachings of Jesus, infact there were many things Jesus didnt teach but promised to send the holy spirit who would reveal these things, this happened after his ascension. The holy Ghost himself choose paul to reveal those things which Jesus did not teach on earth.
Re: Qualification For Heaven by Kobojunkiee: 9:01pm On Dec 07, 2020
livingchrist:
Who wrote the four books of the gospel? Was it not Jesus disciples? At the end Jesus words to you through his disciples.
The 4 gospel alone do not contain the teachings of Jesus, infact there were many things Jesus didnt teach but promised to send the holy spirit who would reveal these things, this happened after his ascension. The holy Ghost himself choose paul to reveal those things which Jesus did not teach on earth.
So, when Jesus Christ said on the Cross, " It is finished", He lied then?
When Jesus Christ gave you the Last supper by which you essentially signed away your own soul to Him, He was getting you to sign your life over to Him without first ensuring you had all the details of the contract at the time? undecided
When Jesus Christ sent His disciples out to teach the good news of the Kingdom of God, He had not, in fact, taught them everything there was to know of the New Covenant which He declared finished on the cross? undecided

Stop repeating the drivel your so-called Pastors and Preachers have fed you with and instead begin using your own brain to process the teachings of God as God has given then you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? / The Greatest Lover Of All Time / Psalm 109: Why Is It In The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.