Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,984 members, 7,810,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help (22909 Views)

Buying My First Car, Please Share Your Experience / How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? / How To Keep Rats Away From Eating Your Car Wires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Aarenasbaba(m): 4:19pm On Nov 30, 2020
Buy cat inside ur car nah
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Reference(m): 4:24pm On Nov 30, 2020
Tango123:

Thanks

The camphor i know, the white ones, dont do it. I have put camphor in bags and rats still entered and did their jobs. Although it was in a house that is always empty, my holiday home. Thanks all the same.

Not my recommendation, just trying to explain what it is. I believe mothballs are meant for insects not rodents.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by demoBaba: 4:25pm On Nov 30, 2020
Rat issue remove R from rat and insert C problem solve.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Pricelessangel0(f): 4:27pm On Nov 30, 2020
grin grin grin
Village people at works
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Tango123: 4:28pm On Nov 30, 2020
Reference:

Not my recommendation, just trying to explain what it is. I believe mothballs are meant for insects not rodents.

Thank you
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by uyogabie(f): 4:29pm On Nov 30, 2020
Buy the satchet rat poison called commando,it should not be more than 200 naira per satchet, buy water melon slice it in many parts, pour the commando powder inside the fleshy part of the water melon and place them all over your compound.

That's how I got rid of rats from my house when I newly packed to my house.They were just every where from the ceiling,inside the AC,my oven.It wasn't funny then.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by SocialJustice: 4:32pm On Nov 30, 2020
rubyjan:
My area has suddenly been filled with rats. Recently they have started attacking cars and causing havoc.

Two of my neighbours cars can no longer start. Just yesterday I decided to service my car and when the mechanic opened the hood, rat droppings and smell were everywhere.

Please how do I chase these demonic creatures away??. Someone suggested placing charcoal inside the engine compartment, but if the car is dtiven, would the charcoal not be heated up?

Thanks in advance.
You all should come together and buy 'Final Judgement' rat poison and distribute all over the area. You can start with the areas closest to your home and car.
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by tafat: 4:33pm On Nov 30, 2020
Na to put cat for the car na cheesy
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by otokx(m): 4:34pm On Nov 30, 2020
Interesting thread
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Jefferyhi86(m): 4:52pm On Nov 30, 2020
Someone should kindly suggest a rat poison cos this rats especially this Lagos are so demonic, that was how they condem our air condition
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Afodot0022(m): 4:54pm On Nov 30, 2020
NA UR VILLAGE PEOPLE THEY MONITOR YOU SO O..
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by TroubleMaker47(m): 4:55pm On Nov 30, 2020
rubyjan:
My area has suddenly been filled with rats. Recently they have started attacking cars and causing havoc.

Two of my neighbours cars can no longer start. Just yesterday I decided to service my car and when the mechanic opened the hood, rat droppings and smell were everywhere.

Please how do I chase these demonic creatures away??. Someone suggested placing charcoal inside the engine compartment, but if the car is dtiven, would the charcoal not be heated up?

Thanks in advance.
Get Cephos cyanide tablets.
Place it in the car and the engine compartment, wind up and leave the car for atleast 48hrs.
It can be bought at pesticide shops around you
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by rockcitie: 4:58pm On Nov 30, 2020
Buy charcoal balls (the type that is used for roasting corn or bõli) & drop several of the balls inside your bonnet especially whenever you park your car overnight till the next day.

Remember to always take out the charcoal balls once you need to drive the car. Then you can place them back again when your car is parked overnight.

The rats will never come close to your car again becuz the smell of charcoal drives them away.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by SpyChild: 5:16pm On Nov 30, 2020
Put charcoal in those strategic locations and they will not come there again.
It works, as I have also tried it.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 30, 2020
Just park your car elsewhere
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by profbray(m): 6:05pm On Nov 30, 2020
Henri244:
Buy a cat, carry it in the owners seat anytime you're driving.
You wicked oo
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by dskenky(m): 6:07pm On Nov 30, 2020
Oga, charcoal DIPPED IN DIESEL in strategic locations in the engine compartment does the trick ! Endeavour that the charcoal doesnt fall off when you drive tho...

Thank me later..... grin grin grin

Also endeavour to rid your environment of rats too using rat poison... cheers

1 Like

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by ibkayee(f): 7:10pm On Nov 30, 2020
First time I saw a rat in real life was 2015. God forbid
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by biggy26: 7:19pm On Nov 30, 2020
rubyjan:

Thanks in advance.
Just buy peppermint oil, pour a drop or two on a piece of cloth or material that can retain scent and place it in your bonnet or hood overnight. Make it the norm, they will run.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Dpundict: 7:21pm On Nov 30, 2020
Village people things spotted.
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by rayobaba(m): 7:21pm On Nov 30, 2020
Put sliced onion
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by biggy26: 7:22pm On Nov 30, 2020
nihinlade:
I am also about to tryout a solution I learnt online. Mint oil. Spray it around the engine. They hate the smell.
Peppermint oil is it.
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Beey(f): 8:09pm On Nov 30, 2020
Sprinkle lavender water. They don’t like the smell. I believe will have suggestions for you. I also know there’s some device you can purchase on eBay or amazon. It produces sound waves that are inaudible to the human ear but a disturbance to mice.
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by teeguy(m): 8:41pm On Nov 30, 2020
Easiest solution is to sprinkle grounded pepper all over the places you see their activity.
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by WeiterEver: 8:59pm On Nov 30, 2020
Like someone said keep your car warm especially when the rat are most active. If possible warm up your car in the night in case you didnt go out throughout that day. use rodent repellant in your car to keep them from coming near it again. Rat are smart too, they will remember your car that it is not a place they will like to be. And importantly keep your env clean. goodluck.
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by shitshappen(m): 9:05pm On Nov 30, 2020
Tango123:

What are moth balls

Campho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by mu2sa2: 9:15pm On Nov 30, 2020
Just get a cat and your rats problem is over. Cats are natural enemies of rats.
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Okoyedavid3(f): 9:35pm On Nov 30, 2020
eleojo23:
There must be an open waste bin or waste dumping site somewhere.

All the residents of your area should clean the environment and you would have solved most of the problem.

Just buy a cat, at night tie the cat somewhere close to your car.
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by muller101(m): 9:39pm On Nov 30, 2020
Op. Buy another car

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Last Car Ever Built Rolls Off Holden Line As Car Manufacturing Ends In Australia / LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. / This 2013 Hyundai Elantra Has Traveled More Than 1 Million Miles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.