Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,179 members, 7,811,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help (22927 Views)

Buying My First Car, Please Share Your Experience / How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? / How To Keep Rats Away From Eating Your Car Wires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by banio: 9:49pm On Nov 30, 2020
rubyjan:
My area has suddenly been filled with rats. Recently they have started attacking cars and causing havoc.

Two of my neighbours cars can no longer start. Just yesterday I decided to service my car and when the mechanic opened the hood, rat droppings and smell were everywhere.

Please how do I chase these demonic creatures away??. Someone suggested placing charcoal inside the engine compartment, but if the car is dtiven, would the charcoal not be heated up?

Thanks in advance.

I use snipper etc to chase away rats from my car. Guess the smell irritates rats.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Drealflex(m): 9:56pm On Nov 30, 2020
I faced exactly this same thing and understand. A mechanic told me about putting Charcoal in several parts of the engine where it won’t fall off. This has helped me a long time now.
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:20pm On Nov 30, 2020
Rat inside motor
Hmmm i b back
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by rubyjan(f): 10:35pm On Nov 30, 2020
nihinlade:
I am also about to tryout a solution I learnt online. Mint oil. Spray it around the engine. They hate the smell.

Thanks for the advice. I read about that too. I hope I can see it in supermarkets.
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by rubyjan(f): 10:55pm On Nov 30, 2020
Drealflex:
I faced exactly this same thing and understand. A mechanic told me about putting Charcoal in several parts of the engine where it won’t fall off. This has helped me a long time now.

Ok, do you drive the car with the charcoal inside the hood of the car?
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by frozen70(f): 12:30am On Dec 01, 2020
rubyjan:
My area has suddenly been filled with rats. Recently they have started attacking cars and causing havoc.

Two of my neighbours cars can no longer start. Just yesterday I decided to service my car and when the mechanic opened the hood, rat droppings and smell were everywhere.

Please how do I chase these demonic creatures away??. Someone suggested placing charcoal inside the engine compartment, but if the car is dtiven, would the charcoal not be heated up?

Thanks in advance.

One of the best option is to pack far away from the dustbin near the car

Warm your car every day if you don't drive it every day

Always change the position of your car when packed for few days
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Henri8: 6:16am On Dec 01, 2020
Lexusgs430:
Whilst you park your car at home, just leave the engine running....... Rats don't like hot engines....... wink

Failing this...... Move house....... cheesy
Petrol is 168.9 naira
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Lufthansa: 7:02am On Dec 01, 2020
A friend once told me this also

Kekekenny:
Onion is the best solution bro..They don't like smelling the odour ..Thank me later
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by Drealflex(m): 8:45am On Dec 01, 2020
Yes I do. It’s been there over 8 months and I haven’t noticed any rat. It works for me. You can try it out and buy some little piece and use it. Place it where it wouldn’t fall off and drive freely. Rats avoid fire. Charcoal and A hot engine are signs of fire
rubyjan:

Ok, do you drive the car with the charcoal inside the hood of the car?
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by MightySparrow: 1:17pm On Dec 01, 2020
Call Nigerian Army now that STARS is no more.
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by rubyjan(f): 5:21am On Dec 02, 2020
Thank you all for your suggestions.

Wow my very first thread on nairaland makes front page..... Wow
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by NaijautoDotCom(m): 12:05pm On Jan 13, 2021
Here are some of our tips. Hope that they are useful for you.

Do not abandon your car for too long. This gives them more reason to destroy more things or breed more. When you move your car, those rats in the engine will be forced to jump off since the sound of the engine could be very frightening.

Maintain a proper automotive hygiene. Always ensure cleanliness both interior and exterior. Most especially attention should be paid to remnant of food items or junks left in the car. Dispose and scrub off anything that could invite rodents into your car.

Close all possible entries and if possible set trap when you park your car in the garage. You have to outsmart them in their territorial games.

Spray your parking space or garage with anti-rodent spray. This will prevent them from breeding in your garage.

You can decide to get their mortal enemies as pets such as dog or cat. They hate rats and the feeling is mutual from the rats too. When rodents are aware of despised predator like cat or dog, they migrate to another location.

To avoid complicating rat smell in your car, avoid using rat poison especially in your car cabin. Due to the potency of the poison and limited escape route, they may die in places that will be hard for you to locate. Henceforth, produce foul smell.
Re: How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help by jnostill: 3:29pm On Jan 14, 2021
put charcoal in your car engine area................thank me later

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Last Car Ever Built Rolls Off Holden Line As Car Manufacturing Ends In Australia / LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. / This 2013 Hyundai Elantra Has Traveled More Than 1 Million Miles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.