Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,971 members, 7,817,849 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

How To Apply For International Passport Withiout NIN - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Apply For International Passport Withiout NIN (5171 Views)

How To Get LGA / State Of Origin Certificate For International Passport / How To Apply For And Get Fresh International Passport As A Married Woman / International Passport Of This Family (AYEKUSIBE FAMILY) Found (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Apply For International Passport Withiout NIN by iknowexperts: 10:07am On Nov 29, 2020
Its simple really.

Around 3 weeks ago I saw a post by a fellow Nairalander about how he had to forfeit the 26,000 he paid for international passport and start a fresh application.

He had issue with his NIN. And he decided to apply for passport without NIN since it will be faster, as against correcting the NIN issue - which might take some weeks - before applying for the passport.

He needed the passport urgently.

He started with the normal online registration. And also paid the 25,000 plus 1000 bank charges online. Next he gathered the requirements and headed to Ikoyi passport office.

It was there that he got the bad news. NIN is a compulsory requirement for the type of passport he paid for.

His options were to correct the error in his NIN before continuing with his application.

Or forfeit payment and start a fresh application at another office which issue out the passport that does not require NIN.

He chose the latter.

There are several reasons why an applicant might want a passport without NIN:

It might be because:

• Its costs less.
• You might not have NIN
• Or just like the person in the story, you might have NIN issues for example Date of birth which might be difficult to correct as at the time you need your passport.
• Or any other reason best know to the applicant.

If that is the case, how do you apply for passport without NIN?

Like I said, its simple.

The passport for which NIN is complusory is the enhanced epassport.

The passport which NIN is not a compulsory requirement is called the Standard passport. This is the one you will be applying for.

But the thing is, in the NIS portal, when you are applying for the passport they do not ask you if you want the standard passport or the enhanced epassport. Neither do they tell you which passport office issue out what type of passport.

So if you do not know about the difference between types of passport, you might not know which type you are getting.

I'll explain.

The way to know is by looking out for the validity of the passport in each passport office.

The validity period of the standard passport is 5 years while for the enhanced passport you have both for 5 years and 10 years validity.

Go to the NIS portal select Standard E-passport and start your passport application normally.
Here is the link ==> https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/passport/estandard

When you get to processing state, select a state of your choice. Next choose processing office if there are more than one office for that state.

Under "passport booklet type" select 64 pages (don't worry, you can come back and change it if it is the 32 pages you want)

Next click on "Validity type."

If the passport office you chose issue out Standard passport, you will only see "5 years" just like in the first attached picture below.

If the passport office issue Enhanced epassport you will see both "5 years" and "10 years" just like in the second picture.

To even confirm further continue your application to the next page and you will see that the price for standard passport is 17,000 (3rd picture) and the cost for enhanced epassport is 25,000 (4th picture) excluding bank charges.

Note that the above prices are for 32 pages booklet

This amount is in line with what you will find in the NIS website here ==> https://immigration.gov.ng/standard-passport/

And here ==> https://immigration.gov.ng/enhanced-epassport/

Scroll down till you get to the amount.

So, if it is the standard passport you need, you follow these steps till you find a passport office at a convenient location.

This process is a little cumbersome and time consuming though.

However, when I filled my own passport application form online... I clicked on all 41 passport offices to know which offices issue out enhanced epassport and which offices issue out standard passport that does not require NIN.

I outlined all of the respective offices and the type of passport they issue in chapter 2 of the Fresh Passport Guide.

Its a step by step Do It Yourself guide for applying and getting a fresh international passport.

Visit my profile by clicking on my name to see how to get the guide.

Hope this helped.

Cheers!

In the next post, we will talk about how to apply for a passport for your baby or for your child under the age of 18.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Apply For International Passport Withiout NIN by dawnomike(m): 10:11am On Nov 29, 2020
Good information... kudos

2 Likes

Re: How To Apply For International Passport Withiout NIN by Tenshades(m): 10:30am On Nov 29, 2020
iknowexperts:

Its simple really.

Around 3 weeks ago I saw a post by a fellow Nairalander about how he had to forfeit the 26,000 he paid for international passport and start a fresh application.

He had issue with his NIN. And he decided to apply for passport without NIN since it will be faster, as against correcting the NIN issue - which might take some weeks - before applying for the passport.

He started with the normal online registration. And also paid the 25,000 plus 1000 bank charges online. Next he gathered the requirements and headed to Ikoyi passport office.

It was there that he got the bad news. NIN is a compulsory requirement for the type of passport he paid for.

His options were to correct the error in his NIN before continuing with his application.

Or forfeit payment and start a fresh application at another office which issue out the passport that does not require NIN.

He chose the latter.

It might be because:

• Its costs less.
• You might not have NIN
• Or just like the person in the story, you might have NIN issues for example Date of birth which might be difficult to correct as at the time you need your passport.

Like I said, its simple.

The passport which NIN is not a compulsory requirement is called the Standard passport. This is the one you will be applying for.

But the thing is, in the NIS portal, when you are applying for the passport they do not ask you if you want the standard passport or the enhanced epassport. Neither do they tell you which passport office issue out what type of passport.

So if you do not know about the difference between types of passport, you might not know which type you are getting.

I'll explain.

The way to know is by looking out for the validity of the passport in each passport office.

The validity period of the standard passport is 5 years while for the enhanced passport you have both for 5 years and 10 years validity.

Go to the NIS portal select Standard E-passport and start your passport application normally.

When you get to processing state, select a state of your choice. Next choose processing office if there are more than one office for that state.

Under "passport booklet type" select 64 pages (don't worry, you can come back and change it if it is the 32 pages you want)

If the passport office you chose issue out Standard passport, you will only see "5 years" just like in the first attached picture below.

If the passport office issue Enhanced epassport you will see both "5 years" and "10 years" just like in the second picture.

To even confirm further continue your application to the next page and you will see that the price for standard passport is 17,000 (3rd picture) and the cost for enhanced epassport is 25,000 (4th picture) excluding bank charges.

This amount is in line with what you will find in the NIS website here ==> https://immigration.gov.ng/standard-passport/

So, if it is the standard passport you need, you follow these steps till you find a passport office at a convenient location.

However, when I filled my own passport application form online... I clicked on all 41 passport offices to know which offices issue out enhanced epassport and which offices issue out standard passport that does not require NIN.

I outlined all of the respective offices and the type of passport they issue in chapter 2 of the Fresh Passport Guide.

Its a step by step Do It Yourself guide for applying and getting a fresh international passport.

Hope this helped.

Cheers!

In the next post, we will talk about how to apply for a passport for your baby or for your child under the age of 18.

This is awesome, OP.

Thanks.
Re: How To Apply For International Passport Withiout NIN by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 29, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For International Passport Withiout NIN by TheOtherRoom: 10:52am On Nov 29, 2020
Good thread

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For International Passport Withiout NIN by SKhanmi: 1:19pm On Nov 29, 2020
Few people actually know there's standard & enhanced. I also didn't know. I was shocked when someone told me she did her own 15k!. Then I recollected the first time I went to the immigration office in abk & saw one possibly illiterate woman shelling out 60k to those greedy rogues called immigration officers for a standard passport Information is truly power.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Apply For International Passport Withiout NIN by iknowexperts: 2:42pm On Nov 29, 2020
dawnomike:
Good information... kudos

My pleasure
Re: How To Apply For International Passport Withiout NIN by iknowexperts: 2:43pm On Nov 29, 2020
Tenshades:

This is awesome, OP.

Thanks.

You're welcome man
Re: How To Apply For International Passport Withiout NIN by iknowexperts: 2:43pm On Nov 29, 2020
TheOtherRoom:
Good thread

smiley
Re: How To Apply For International Passport Withiout NIN by iknowexperts: 2:50pm On Nov 29, 2020
SKhanmi:
Few people actually know there's standard & enhanced. I also didn't know. I was shocked when someone told me she did her own 15k!. Then I recollected the first time I went to the immigration office in abk & saw one possibly illiterate woman shelling out 60k to those greedy rogues called immigration officers for a standard passport Information is truly power.

You're very correct man!

International passport is something many people don't have much information about. And they get exploited because of that lack of information.

Imagine paying 60k for a 15k passport (or lets just say the woman paid for the 26k enhanced passport).
Then imagine doing this for wife and child or even children. Thats 180k. For something that shouldn't be more than 80k.

The thing is, if many people knew, they wouldn't mind sacrificing a day or 2 out of their schedule to go to the passport office and get things done.

However, personally I do not see anything wrong in applicants paying someone to help especially if they dont have time. But the thing is, the less you know the more you will pay.

Whether DIY or someone is running the process,

a least applicants should acquaint themself with the knowledge of the process so in case of anything, they will at least know their Enrollment No. But thats story for another time sha

Cheers!
Re: How To Apply For International Passport Withiout NIN by oladosu59996: 2:58pm On Nov 29, 2020
:Good information... kudosMy pleasure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Apply For International Passport Withiout NIN by mosdii(m): 10:08am On Nov 30, 2020
nice information

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Apply For International Passport Withiout NIN by Konquest: 7:23am On May 24, 2021
iknowexperts:

Its simple really.

He chose the latter.

It might be because:

• Its costs less.
• You might not have NIN

Like I said, its simple.

I'll explain.

Hope this helped.

Cheers!

Nice post. You should have this
in the Travel Section as well.

Nigeria and too much red tapes that are meant to extort money from people. What an irritant! SMH.

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For International Passport Withiout NIN by Olaawealth(m): 1:55pm On Nov 30, 2021
Thanks alot for this... I am currently having same issue of names on my NIN.. And ever since I have cm across your comment, I had a thought of going for the standard passport without the NIN.. SO, I really want to ask if I can go 4d passport in Osun State. That's because the passport guy I called today, told me that Abeokuta is already filled up cos they have extreme numbers of applicants dating back frm July that are yet to have their passport.
iknowexperts:

Its simple really.

He chose the latter.

It might be because:

• Its costs less.
• You might not have NIN

Like I said, its simple.

I'll explain.

Hope this helped.

Cheers!

Re: How To Apply For International Passport Withiout NIN by socialmediaman: 3:10pm On Nov 30, 2021
Very informative. Nice one OP
Re: How To Apply For International Passport Withiout NIN by Olaawealth(m): 4:47pm On Nov 30, 2021
Seriously, it's really strange the way immigration rogues usually milk sm pple's pockets. I am also planning to go for my standard passport sm days frm now... Hope there won't be any form of effects after purchasing it, mainly cause it's prepared without NIN?
SKhanmi:
Re: How To Apply For International Passport Withiout NIN by blessedvisky(m): 6:52pm On Nov 30, 2021
Thanks for the thread
Re: How To Apply For International Passport Withiout NIN by SKhanmi: 8:18pm On Nov 30, 2021
Olaawealth:
Seriously, it's really strange the way immigration rogues usually milk sm pple's pockets. I am also planning to go for my standard passport sm days frm now... Hope there won't be any form of effects after purchasing it, mainly cause it's prepared without NIN?

Ease of use

Which is faster, using your fingerprint to withdraw from an ATM or your card?

The standard passport is comparable to the debit card while the enhanced is like your fingerprint.

Read up on e-gates at airports. You won't be able to use a standard passport for that. Not sure if it's available to holders of this notorious green passport anyway.
Re: How To Apply For International Passport Withiout NIN by adedejiola: 11:42pm On Aug 23, 2023
blessedvisky:
Thanks for the thread
hope I will get the help I need from here on my NIN wrong names
Re: How To Apply For International Passport Withiout NIN by adedejiola: 8:35am On Aug 26, 2023
What is Nimc managements doing with this issues of NIN people experience everywhere without any results
Re: How To Apply For International Passport Withiout NIN by deborahrita: 4:05am On Aug 30, 2023
sad sad
Re: How To Apply For International Passport Withiout NIN by deborahrita: 12:42pm On Sep 13, 2023
Very useful thread
Re: How To Apply For International Passport Withiout NIN by olajidebary: 8:33am On Sep 19, 2023
deborahrita:
Very useful thread
yes angry angry
Re: How To Apply For International Passport Withiout NIN by austine4real(m): 12:55pm On Sep 24, 2023
Is it true?

I can't believe it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo: Frustrated Man Sends A Note To Neighbours Who Get Really Loud During Sex / My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children / Have You Ever Lost Your Wallet? How Did You Feel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.