Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? (46153 Views)

Let Us Create Man In Our Own Image, Who Was God Referring To? / Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' / "Come Let's Have Sex" Church Crusade Poster (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by lishman1010: 4:24am On Dec 07, 2020
this is an interesting topic, a cardinal amplifier of Christianity. the greatest lie the church ever believed is the 'TRINITY' scam which connotes that God, Jesus and the holy spirit are not just one but equal. 1cor15:27-28 reads "for he hath put all things under his feet. But when it is said all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is exempted which did put all thing under him. 28 and when all things shall be subdued under him, then shall the son also be subject to him who did put all things under him that God may be all in all. 1Tim 2:5 there is only but one true God and one mediator, the man Chris Jesus[b]this is an interesting topic, a cardinal amplifier of Christianity. the greatest lie the church ever believed is the 'TRINITY' scam which connotes that God, Jesus and the holy spirit are not just one but equal. 1cor15:27-28 reads "for he hath put all things under his feet. But when it is said all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is exempted which did put all thing under him. 28 and when all things shall be subdued under him, then shall the son also be subject to him who did put all things under him that God may be all in all. 1Tim 2:5 there is only but one true God and one mediator, the man Chris Jesus[/b]this is an interesting topic, a cardinal amplifier of Christianity. the greatest lie the church ever believed is the 'TRINITY' scam which connotes that God, Jesus and the holy spirit are not just one but equal. 1cor15:27-28 reads "for he hath put all things under his feet. But when it is said all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is exempted which did put all thing under him. 28 and when all things shall be subdued under him, then shall the son also be subject to him who did put all things under him that God may be all in all. 1Tim 2:5 there is only but one true God and one mediator, the man Chris Jesus. jhn 17:1-3 reads These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
John 14:6 clearly speaks of what would like to called the full gospel but sad enough many Christians stops half way cause the way, the truth and the life is nothing compared to coming to the ABBA FATHER which is the forth dimension and the missing link in today's Christendom. which is why I worship not Jesus but his father and my father his God and my God as for the spirit its just a deposit of God and and is not one by the way. thank you and may God by his spirit grant you understanding not nan Amen.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by o42austino(m): 7:03am On Dec 07, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
John 1:1-3 (KJV)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

That meeting in the beginning was a meeting of the highest order of heaven. It involved the Three in one Person.

The Father, the Word (which later became flesh in Jesus) and the Spirit.

The Word and Spirit belongs to the Father and They were both instrumental in the Work He did in the beginning. The Word came out of His Mouth, and the Spirit performed the Word.

So when God said let Us make man in our Own image, the "Us" referred to Word and the Spirit which He used to make the things He made in the beginning.

He also used "let Us" in the Instance of the tower of babel, where the one language of the world was divided. It involved the same Word and the Spirit which He used to make things in the beginning, hence after the same Word was made flesh, and was multiplied after His death, and the Spirit of God performed the Word that had multiplied, they were able to speak in the one language that was divided because of the tower of Babel when God used the term, "let Us" as He did in the beginning.

God doesn't consult with the angels concerning any plans He has, He just makes decisions and gives them instructions to carry out. The angels weren't involved in the making of things in the beginning so God couldn't have been talking to them but those involved which was His Word and His Spirit.

God bless.
the son doesn't exist then, he was speaking with all the heavenly host(Angels). Jesus was not in heaven then. the first time jesus went to heaven was on the accession day.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by jcross19: 7:29am On Dec 07, 2020
Electrochemistry:
you are very wrong. Image does not mean physical appearance but the qualities of God such as wisdom, free will etc
you are wrong sir!!! Wisdom that failed in the garden of Eden? Can you just explain that "image" biblically where it's said like that!!
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by sonmvayina(m): 4:16pm On Dec 07, 2020
AustineJohn908:
Alright then. so who is the Word that was with God doing Creation.

Nobody..who ever wrote the gospel saying it was through jesus ovbiously was lying and being deceptive...

Every sane person who has done a proper reserch knows that christianity is just rebranded paganism..
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by sonmvayina(m): 4:38pm On Dec 07, 2020
Donspicey:

Isaiah 45:1-10 Thus saith the LORD to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut;
I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron:
And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.
For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.
I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it.
Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?
Woe unto him that saith unto his father, What begettest thou? or to the woman, What hast thou brought forth?

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kjvstudybible.bible.kjv.bibleverses.bibleoffline

Nothing here relates to my post....

so wats ur point?

There is only one God..Not 3 in 1. There is no one beside him...there is no such thing as devil or satan. God creates both light and darkness, good and evil...

So all the gospel writters are all lying and forging fake stories.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by MrPRevailer(m): 6:43pm On Dec 07, 2020
BigBrother9ja:

The God who couldn't defend himself?

Even your Bible will rebuke you and be ashamed of you...

‘the man Christ Jesus’ (Tim. 2:5)

The Bible says that God is not a son of man

‘God is not a man nor a son of man’ (Numbers 23:19)

The Bible often calls Jesus ‘a son of man’ or ‘the son of man.’

‘so will the son of man be’ (Matthew 12:40)

Lastly,
Is it your god that was crying and felt FORSAKENED BY GOD?
Father father WHY HAVE THOU FORSAKEN ME...

John 1:14 "The Word was made flesh and dwelt among men and we beheld his glory....

Revelation 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by MrPRevailer(m): 6:50pm On Dec 07, 2020
Youngzedd:

There are so many scriptures that counters this claim. Below are some of them

a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!”
but have eternal life.

Can God stand at the right hand of God?

Revelation 5:7
He (Christ) went and took the scroll from the right hand of him (God) who sat on the throne.

In conclusion: Christ is the son of God, not God himself.

Cc: divinemichael
enilove

I fully understand and know this scriptures. Jesus Christ is the Word/Spirit of God. Therefore he is God.

It's just like saying you identify your body as Youngz but your soul isn't Youngz.

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God

Revelation 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by MrPRevailer(m): 6:53pm On Dec 07, 2020
patomberekpe:

You just quoted john1:1 Can You read the same verse 10? I just noticed You only quote the verse that justify your claim,But put blind eyes to the rest,Please read Bible to the fullest, Jesus have a title, Lord God, As well As God and Lord himself.

Verse 10 says "the World was made by him." That did not contradict John 1:1 but further explains it.

John 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by MrPRevailer(m): 6:57pm On Dec 07, 2020
Michoous:

Very selective in your scripture quotation.Why didn't you start from verse 15?

What's really your point? Verse 16-17 makes it explicitly clear that all things were made by Jesus Christ.

And if someone asks the question. Who created the world?
Ans: GOD.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by MrPRevailer(m): 6:59pm On Dec 07, 2020
Jiokejohn:

QED!
Bible stated and clarified so.
Read Hebrew chapter 1 : 1 - 14 comprehensively.
I lay emphasis on verse 8 and 9.
{Hebrews 1:8-9
[8]But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
[9]You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”}
When words are written in quotes, we know what it implies, who is speaking, who is referring and who is being directed to.
Please, let us read and become wiser.

Paretomaster1:

Olodo! When Jesus himself pray, and constantly mentioned the father.... Was Jesus praying to himself, or asking for help from himself?

And don't give us the 3 in 1 bullshit...

Jesus is the Word of God and he is God.

Your Soul is Man and your body is Man

Human Being is a Trinity.

"What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world and lose his own soul or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul"
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by MrPRevailer(m): 7:07pm On Dec 07, 2020
thinkmoney:

The concluding words clarified the whole thing; FOR IT PLEASED THE FATHER.
The father made him and used him to create all things. Another part of the Bible said all things are placed under him, however that same part quickly went further to clarify that if all things were 'placed' under him, those things doesn't include the person placing it under him. That person is God the Father, Jehovah. That part of the Bible then ends like ; "so that God can be all in all". The absolute. The finality!

Do you want to rewrite the Bible?

What does it mean when the Bible says "ALL THINGS WERE CREATED BY HIM".

Who created Hevean and Earth? Answer: GOD

Jesus said in

Revelation 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

Has plain English become too hard for an English speaker?
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by MrPRevailer(m): 7:10pm On Dec 07, 2020
GOVERNMENT2:
NUMBERS 23:19 READ!

John 1:14 "The Word of God was made flesh and dwelt among men"

Luke 19:10 "For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost".

John 1:29 " The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world."

The sinless one came to die for the sinful. The guiltless for the guilty
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by thinkmoney(m): 7:52pm On Dec 07, 2020
MrPRevailer:

Jesus said in

Revelation 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

What's your point exactly? I have only quoted Bible above
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by freshboi88: 8:14pm On Dec 07, 2020
thinkmoney:

Why did u run away when I asked u how u would personify something that's already a person?
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by BigBrother9ja: 9:30pm On Dec 07, 2020
MrPRevailer:

John 1:14 "The Word was made flesh and dwelt among men and we beheld his glory....

Revelation 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
Why should I take this passage more seriously than the ones I quoted?

That's the confusion and hypocrisy of christainig...
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:29am On Dec 08, 2020
o42austino:
the son doesn't exist then, he was speaking with all the heavenly host(Angels). Jesus was not in heaven then. the first time jesus went to heaven was on the accession day.
If true, how then was Jesus before Abraham?

John 8:58
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by sonmvayina(m): 6:38pm On Dec 08, 2020
mtisTheQubit:

i think ya confused there bro...God is not science...God is beyond what your limited mind can think of..He created the laws of science...you dont create something an become that thing...

Hiw did God become man in jesus? I have always maintained that God is the creator and cant be part of creation the moroon called Dtruithspeaker is yarning rubbish.and reasoning with his anus...They dont know it is the height of insult. .
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by MrPRevailer(m): 6:50pm On Dec 08, 2020
thinkmoney:

You quoted the Bible to prove what? That's Jesus is not God? You're claiming I took it out of context. Yet the scriptural verse is plain and simple not complex words.

I showed you that Jesus is God

Jesus said in

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by sonmvayina(m): 6:59pm On Dec 08, 2020
All those rushing to say it is jesus and the holy spirit, should read the chapter to the end. Let us make man in OUR OWN IMAGE after OUR LIKENESS, Let them have ......
So it there fore means that man is made up of God the father +God the son + God the Holy spirit.

If this is what man is, where did sin come from? And why do humans die? Since God is immotal ? ..i need answers please..
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by thinkmoney(m): 8:34pm On Dec 08, 2020
MrPRevailer:

You quoted the Bible to prove what? That's Jesus is not God? You're claiming I took it out of context. Yet the scriptural verse is plain and simple not complex words.

I showed you that Jesus is God
My friend
In all my reactions here, I have proven that Jesus is a god, he is devine, however, he is not The God Almighty.
It's actually people with mischievous intent over the years that have tried to rewrite the Bible to support their trinitarian sentiments. But thanksfully, this attempts have been found out. One is the alpha and Omega in revelation 1:11. It isn't their in the earliest of Bible versions and another conspicuous one is that place somewhere in 1John (not sure now) that said three bear witness in heaven. It was added to the Bible at one point. Modern versions with benefits of recent discoveries and technological advancement doesn't put these verses in their versions.
Morever, the alpha and Omega in revelation 1:8 and the other two places it appears in the Bible is Jehovah God the almighty.
Research this things my friend.

1 Like

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by AustineJohn908(m): 9:01pm On Dec 08, 2020
sonmvayina:

Nobody..who ever wrote the gospel saying it was through jesus ovbiously was lying and being deceptive...

Every sane person who has done a proper reserch knows that christianity is just rebranded paganism..
But when I'm singing a gospel song I feel like I'm in the spirit. I feel love. I feel the present of Jesus. I feel his love. no be lie na truth
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by AustineJohn908(m): 9:01pm On Dec 08, 2020
sonmvayina:

Jesus is just a Roman/Greek invention to mock God and deceive people...jesus is fiction.

Read Isaiah 45:1-10
But when we sing uto God, unto him...we feel his presence
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by sonmvayina(m): 9:09pm On Dec 08, 2020
AustineJohn908:
But when we sing uto God, unto him...we feel his presence

I am not denying the exstence of the creator, but jesus...he is a roman/greek creation.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by sonmvayina(m): 9:11pm On Dec 08, 2020
AustineJohn908:
But when I'm singing a gospel song I feel like I'm in the spirit. I feel love. I feel the present of Jesus. I feel his love. no be lie na truth

Just try smoke igbo...you will feel same way to, if not more. My guy, it is all in your head...

Dont be deceived.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by Janosky: 7:22pm On Dec 09, 2020
livingchrist:
you have started looking for argument again, of course that is what your governing body idiots and watch tower dog teaches you.
Is Jesus not Jehovah God? Next time read and digest my post else you disgrace yourself.

LYING clown cheesy
According to Jesus, Matthew 6:9 "Our Father who art in heaven"
&
John 20:17, " Jesus answered: I am ascending to my Father and your Father,to my God and your God"
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by Janosky: 7:30pm On Dec 09, 2020
jesusjnr1:
What makes me a liar. The fact that I repeated what you said?

You said this:

You also said this:

And i said this:

So if you said THE WORD was Jesus, and THE TRUTH was God's speech, and Jesus THE WORD said He's also THE TRUTH that you claimed was God's speech, shouldn't that tell you Jesus, the Word of God, was also God's speech?

So if there's any liar here between the both of us, it's the person who would say Jesus is THE WORD, but at the same time, say Jesus, THE WORD, is not THE TRUTH.

I don't even need to argue with you anymore because your own words has betrayed you and exposed your lies.

Jesusjnr dullard LYING cheesy
John 17:8 "For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them."

John 17:8,17 needs no explaining.

For your mind Jesus is "words you gave me and I accepted them"
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:49pm On Dec 09, 2020
Jesus was referred to as WISDOM means by the time the CHRIST will arrive on this planet it will take divine WISDOM to recognize him! Matthew 16:13-17
Most religious teachers and scholars of the first century finds it really difficult to recognize the Messiah that all their patriarch ancestors have been longing to see! John 8:56
So Jesus surely arrived but only those who are like babies in knowledge could identify him {Matthew 11:25} the highly respected and intellectuals amongst the Jews failed to recognize their long awaited Messiah! John 1:11

Of course Jesus WAS God just as Moses also WAS God at a point in time but presently Jesus is no more serving as God, he has returned to his position before God who empowered Moses to serve as God also did the same to Jesus! Exodus 7:1

May you have PEACE! smiley

thinkmoney:

Ehiiiii!!!!!!! Bye bye, bye bye abeg, CHIZOSSS. I never see. I pity your partner oh. Na your type dey make wrong decisions even in elections , implicate all of us. Ontop say I don proof to you with examples even grammatically that the understanding and wisdom are the same.
God help you. You can't be helped any other way. Ma see wetin go make me reply u again
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by thinkmoney(m): 10:37pm On Dec 09, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
Jesus was referred to as WISDOM means by the time the CHRIST will arrive on this planet it will take divine WISDOM to recognize him! Matthew 16:13-17
Most religious teachers and scholars of the first century finds it really difficult to recognize the Messiah that all their patriarch ancestors have been longing to see! John 8:56
So Jesus surely arrived but only those who are like babies in knowledge could identify him {Matthew 11:25} the highly respected and intellectuals amongst the Jews failed to recognize their long awaited Messiah! John 1:11

Of course Jesus WAS God just as Moses also WAS God at a point in time but presently Jesus is no more serving as God, he has returned to his position before God who empowered Moses to serve as God also did the same to Jesus! Exodus 7:1

May you have PEACE! smiley

May you have peace too.
Trust me, I have taken due time to really try and understand your piece. And I have checked up the verses u gave (this is the right attitude. But unfortunately many don't go that route).
I agree with you that the earthly wise and highly placed religious leaders didn't recognize Jesus when he came.
But he wasn't called wisdom for this. He was referred to as the wisdom of God, because aside him being the manifestation of God's wisdom in words and deeds, in him also was the fullness of God's wise plan to redeem the world. A plan that got angels and Devil dumbfunded. Devil especially was cut off guard in a lot of instances. One of those instance was when he thought he has successfully schemed to put an end to Jesus, only for Jesus to pay the ransom by his death and give hope to all mankind with his resurrection.
Another place were I disagree with you is where you insinuated Godship can be given and taken from someone. That's not scripturally correct. What is scriptural is that that word God, means somebody that is powerful, that has spiritual authority. (This is the root meaning). So Jesus, angels and Devil were referred to as gods because they are spiritually powerful/influencial. Some human beings like Moses and the Pharisees were referred to as gods because they exercise some spiritual influence-moses in Egypt over pharoah and the Pharisees at the synagogue over Israel.
However, Jehovah is said to be the almighty God because he is the supreme powerful spirit and he exercise absolute power and influence. This is the scripture my friend.
Your position somehow makes me sense you might be an olumba follower. I might be wrong though.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:52am On Dec 10, 2020
Hmmmm this is wonderful! smiley
Well what gave me that impression is the Bible book of Isaiah 9:6 where it is written "he (Jesus) will be called mighty God" there i note that there were several titles given to the same person in that particular verse.
©A child is born, a son is given
©Rulership will be upon his shoulder
©Wonderful counselor
©Mighty God
©Everlasting Father
©Prince of Peace

Jesus was once a child born to a Jewish couple, he grew up to be a wonderful counselor and by his teachings a global family of peace loving worshipers has been gathered today. But he served in those offices at different times not the same, he will also rule for 1,000 years. That's why i come to the conclusion that his position kept changing because though he was once a baby but he only served that position for a limited time, he was a wonderful counselor in the midst of his Jewish contemporaries but he's no more physically around today, he will also rule the earth but for a limited time 1,000 years!
So being a God also must have been like that of Moses who served for a period of time {Exodus 7:1} but today Moses is no more serving as God, and Moses himself foretold of a prophet who will serve like him {Deuteronomy 18:15-18} that's why i come to the conclusion that Jesus who is the prophet like Moses also served as God for a period! Act 3:22

As for angels who turned themselves to gods for humans to worship them, God himself never allow for such {Exodus 20:3} Moses and Jesus both served as mighty Gods in the midst of God's enemies but none of them is to be worshiped. John 20:17
That's my submission, i stand to be corrected though if you have something much better!
I am one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! smiley

thinkmoney:

May you have peace too.
Trust me, I have taken due time to really try and understand your piece. And I have checked up the verses u gave (this is the right attitude. But unfortunately many don't go that route).
I agree with you that the earthly wise and highly placed religious leaders didn't recognize Jesus when he came.
But he wasn't called wisdom for this. He was referred to as the wisdom of God, because aside him being the manifestation of God's wisdom in words and deeds, in him also was the fullness of God's wise plan to redeem the world. A plan that got angels and Devil dumbfunded. Devil especially was cut off guard in a lot of instances. One of those instance was when he thought he has successfully schemed to put an end to Jesus, only for Jesus to pay the ransom by his death and give hope to all mankind with his resurrection.
Another place were I disagree with you is where you insinuated Godship can be given and taken from someone. That's not scripturally correct. What is scriptural is that that word God, means somebody that is powerful, that has spiritual authority. (This is the root meaning). So Jesus, angels and Devil were referred to as gods because they are spiritually powerful/influencial. Some human beings like Moses and the Pharisees were referred to as gods because they exercise some spiritual influence-moses in Egypt over pharoah and the Pharisees at the synagogue over Israel.
However, Jehovah is said to be the almighty God because he is the supreme powerful spirit and he exercise absolute power and influence. This is the scripture my friend.
Your position somehow makes me sense you might be an olumba follower. I might be wrong though.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:41am On Dec 10, 2020
Janosky:

Jesusjnr dullard LYING cheesy
John 17:8 "For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them."

John 17:8,17 needs no explaining.

For your mind Jesus is "words you gave me and I accepted them"
Bro go home and sleep. Church don already close.

See how long it took you to reply me to show that your lies against Jesus has been exposed.

If you had any sense of reason, you'd have had a rethink about the false claims you make about Jesus, but of course you're completely blind to the Truth which is the Word of God!

Except the spoken Word is not the Truth but if it is, that's is who Jesus is!

And there's nothing your lies can do about it.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by thinkmoney(m): 9:33am On Dec 10, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
Well what gave me that impression is the Bible book of Isaiah 9:6 where it is written "he (Jesus) will be called mighty God" there i note that there were several titles given to the same person in that particular verse.
©Wonderful counselor
©Mighty God
©Everlasting Father
©Prince of Peace

Jesus was once a child born to a Jewish couple, he grew up to be a wonderful counselor and by his teachings a global family of peace loving worshipers has been gathered today. But he served in those offices at different times not the same, he will also rule for 1,000 years. That's why i come to the conclusion that his position kept changing because though he was once a baby but he only served that position for a limited time, he was a wonderful counselor in the midst of his Jewish contemporaries but he's no more physically around today, he will also rule the earth but for a limited time 1,000 years!
So being a God also must have been like that of Moses who served for a period of time {Exodus 7:1} but today Moses is no more serving as God, and Moses himself foretold of a prophet who will serve like him {Deuteronomy 18:15-18} that's why i come to the conclusion that Jesus who is the prophet like Moses also served as God for a period! Act 3:22

As for angels who turned themselves to gods for humans to worship them, God himself never allow for such {Exodus 20:3} Moses and Jesus both served as mighty Gods in the midst of God's enemies but none of them is to be worshiped. John 20:17
That's my submission, i stand to be corrected though if you have something much better!

Those roles descriptions at Isaiah 9:6 are rather permanent my friend.
Jesus was the promised upspring of David that is to inherit the kindom and become king forever (no time constraint), he also is a son of God forever. He is also always a wonderful counselor, as we are always deriving beneficial lessons from his words and deeds, moreover, the holy spirit of God he provided is there to help us.
He is an everlasting father, because unlike our first father Adam, that brought about death to all mankind, Jesus through his ransom sacrifice as given everybody that believe in him the prospect of having everlasting life, in this way he as become our everlasting father, giving his children everlasting life. He is also the prince of peace, because the Bible said of him 'he is our peace, the one who has reconciled us to God'.
Now, talking about being a mighty God; I have shown you the root meaning of that word God, which is translated from the Hebrew word elohe/Elohim, it means powerful one/powerful ones. The Bible made us understand that there are many gods. These people or angels that are called gods didn't really in the sense of it made themselves one. They are gods (powerful ones) by their nature and positions. And being a god doesn't automatically bestow unto any of them the right to be worshiped (only the one Almighty God has that right exclusively).
Angels didn't make themselves God, they are by nature. The same applies to demons and Satan. They are all spiritually powerful. However, faithful angels never at any point abuse their powers and demand worship, only devil and the demons have.
Jesus is not just a God, he is a mighty God (but not the Almighty). He will always by nature and position be a mighty god. Moreover, he always direct everybody, both humans and spirits to worship God the father alone. He reminded devil of this at his temptation.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by thinkmoney(m): 9:36am On Dec 10, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
©Wonderful counselor
©Mighty God
©Everlasting Father
©Prince of Peace

Those roles descriptions at Isaiah 9:6 are permanent my friend.
Jesus was the promised upspring of David that is to inherit the kindom and become king forever (no time constraint), he also is a son of God forever. He is also always a wonderful counselor, as we are always deriving beneficial lessons from his words and deeds, moreover, the holy spirit of God he provided is there to help us.
He is an everlasting father, because unlike our first father Adam, that brought about death to all mankind, Jesus through his ransom sacrifice as given everybody that believe in him the prospect of having everlasting life, in this way he as become our everlasting father, giving his children everlasting life. He is also the prince of peace, because the Bible said of him 'he is our peace, the one who has reconciled us to God'.
Now, talking about being a mighty God; I have shown you the root meaning of that word God, which is translated from the Hebrew word elohe/Elohim, it means powerful one/powerful ones. The Bible made us understand that there are many gods. These people or angels that are called gods didn't really in the sense of it made themselves one. They are gods (powerful ones) by their nature and positions. And being a god doesn't automatically bestow unto any of them the right to be worshiped (only the one Almighty God has that right exclusively).
Angels didn't make themselves God, they are by nature. The same applies to demons and Satan. They are all spiritually powerful. However, faithful angels never at any point abuse their powers and demand worship, only devil and the demons have.
Jesus is not just a God, he is a mighty God (but not the Almighty). He will always by nature and position be a mighty god. Moreover, he always direct everybody, both humans and spirits to worship God the father alone. He reminded devil of this at his temptation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

'A Pregnant Married Woman Accused Biodun Fatoyinbo Of Rape'' - Adesuwa Onyenokwe / Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building / Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.