Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? (46156 Views)

Let Us Create Man In Our Own Image, Who Was God Referring To? / Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' / "Come Let's Have Sex" Church Crusade Poster (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:27am On Dec 10, 2020
Hmmmm so was he once a child or forever a child as well?
Isaiah said "a child is born to us, a son is given to us" Isaiah 9:6
When exactly was he born was it during the time a Jewish virgin conceived or before then?
And how long did or will he remain a child/son?

Meanwhile i'll like to know the group where you're getting this enlightenment, i love knowledge a lot and i can go to any length to buy wisdom! Proverbs 23:23 smiley

thinkmoney:

Those roles descriptions at Isaiah 9:6 are rather permanent my friend.
Jesus was the promised upspring of David that is to inherit the kindom and become king forever (no time constraint), he also is a son of God forever. He is also always a wonderful counselor, as we are always deriving beneficial lessons from his words and deeds, moreover, the holy spirit of God he provided is there to help us.
He is an everlasting father, because unlike our first father Adam, that brought about death to all mankind, Jesus through his ransom sacrifice as given everybody that believe in him the prospect of having everlasting life, in this way he as become our everlasting father, giving his children everlasting life. He is also the prince of peace, because the Bible said of him 'he is our peace, the one who has reconciled us to God'.
Now, talking about being a mighty God; I have shown you the root meaning of that word God, which is translated from the Hebrew word elohe/Elohim, it means powerful one/powerful ones. The Bible made us understand that there are many gods. These people or angels that are called gods didn't really in the sense of it made themselves one. They are gods (powerful ones) by their nature and positions. And being a god doesn't automatically bestow unto any of them the right to be worshiped (only the one Almighty God has that right exclusively).
Angels didn't make themselves God, they are by nature. The same applies to demons and Satan. They are all spiritually powerful. However, faithful angels never at any point abuse their powers and demand worship, only devil and the demons have.
Jesus is not just a God, he is a mighty God (but not the Almighty). He will always by nature and position be a mighty god. Moreover, he always direct everybody, both humans and spirits to worship God the father alone. He reminded devil of this at his temptation.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by thinkmoney(m): 11:24am On Dec 10, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
Hmmmm so was he once a child or forever a child as well?
Isaiah said "a child is born to us, a son is given to us" Isaiah 9:6
When exactly was he born was it during the time a Jewish virgin conceived or before then?
And how long did or will he remain a child/son?

Meanwhile i'll like to know the group where you're getting this enlightenment, i love knowledge a lot and i can go to any length to buy wisdom! Proverbs 23:23 smiley

He is always a child/son of David, in the sense that he inherited the throne and became the king of spiritual Israel. Or do you ever stop being a child/son of your father?
I didn't get any knowledge from any group. I got my knowledge only from the Bible. All my reasons have based on and backed by the bible.
I used to believe and even defend Trinity, Jesus being the almighty God, at a point, and I didnt even know what Jehovah is. But I always had an open mind, I was always ready to question whatever I hear and take in/adopt new knowledge/truth. I got the accurate knowledge of the Bible gradually overtime. Now I am happy I know God by his name and I use it. I feel saved.
Furthermore Jesus had been in existence in heaven before his earthly birth. Remember he told his audience at one point, that 'before David and Abraham, I was'. But he had to take on flesh and be born like every other human to be able to show us God and 'make God's name known.' importantly too, he had to be born of a virgin, without the input of a human father, so he won't inherit sin and so he can present himself a worthy sacrifice.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:15pm On Dec 10, 2020
So how do you view Paul's admonition do not forsake the gathering of believers but go on encouraging and been encouraged Hebrew 10:24-25
Secondly Jesus asked his disciples to go out and make disciples from house to house Matthew 28:19-20

Do you think you can truly be happy when you're not fully involved in these things as commanded by Jesus (God's only begotten son through whom all people must pass to reach God) {John 14:6} and Apostle Paul who was chosen to teach all the gentiles (including you) how to practice Christianity {Act 9:15; Romans 11:13; 1Timothy 2:7}

To be candid i admire your understanding but at the same time something is missing you only remember those things offhand but you can't establish them in the scriptures this reminds me of a first century Jew name Apollos, he was a disciple of John the baptist, he spoke God's word with efficacy then Aquila and Priscilla have to take him in to explain the way more open to him.
Surely Apollos became a disciple of Jesus and God's holy spirit will help him in quoting God's word because he is now with Jesus' group who must go out there to preach and teach in his neighbourhood! Act 18:24-28

So you can't be fully competent and completely equipped in the disciple making work if you're not associating with Jesus' group. 2Timothy 3:16-17
I was a Muslim and i learnt what i'm saying now from Jehovah's Witnesses but i never thought i could be this efficacious in directing people to the scriptures, of course the JWs prayed with me several times and promised me that if i continue without let up God's holy spirit will come and dwell with me so i don't need to worry what to say or where to quote whenever i'm in need of it the holy spirit will remind me! Matthew 10:19

thinkmoney:

He is always a child/son of David, in the sense that he inherited the throne and became the king of spiritual Israel. Or do you ever stop being a child/son of your father?
I didn't get any knowledge from any group. I got my knowledge only from the Bible. All my reasons have based on and backed by the bible.
I used to believe and even defend Trinity, Jesus being the almighty God, at a point, and I didnt even know what Jehovah is. But I always had an open mind, I was always ready to question whatever I hear and take in/adopt new knowledge/truth. I got the accurate knowledge of the Bible gradually overtime. Now I am happy I know God by his name and I use it. I feel saved.
Furthermore Jesus had been in existence in heaven before his earthly birth. Remember he told his audience at one point, that 'before David and Abraham, I was'. But he had to take on flesh and be born like every other human to be able to show us God and 'make God's name known.' importantly too, he had to be born of a virgin, without the input of a human father, so he won't inherit sin and so he can present himself a worthy sacrifice.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by thinkmoney(m): 1:50pm On Dec 10, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
So how do you view Paul's admonition do not forsake the gathering of believers but go on encouraging and been encouraged Hebrew 10:24-25
Secondly Jesus asked his disciples to go out and make disciples from house to house Matthew 28:19-20

Do you think you can truly be happy when you're not fully involved in these things as commanded by Jesus (God's only begotten son through whom all people must pass to reach God) {John 14:6} and Apostle Paul who was chosen to teach all the gentiles (including you) how to practice Christianity {Act 9:15; Romans 11:13; 1Timothy 2:7}

To be candid i admire your understanding but at the same time something is missing you only remember those things offhand but you can't establish them in the scriptures this reminds me of a first century Jew name Apollos, he was a disciple of John the baptist, he spoke God's word with efficacy then Aquila and Priscilla have to take him in to explain the way more open to him.
Surely Apollos became a disciple of Jesus and God's holy spirit will help him in quoting God's word because he is now with Jesus' group who must go out there to preach and teach in his neighbourhood! Act 18:24-28

So you can't be fully competent and completely equipped in the disciple making work if you're not associating with Jesus' group. 2Timothy 3:16-17
I was a Muslim and i learnt what i'm saying now from Jehovah's Witnesses but i never thought i could be this efficacious in directing people to the scriptures, of course the JWs prayed with me several times and promised me that if i continue without let up God's holy spirit will come and dwell with me so i don't need to worry what to say or where to quote whenever i'm in need of it the holy spirit will remind me! Matthew 10:19

You are now taking the discourse into that of association. However, you are right in some of your observations and I commend the courage that made you change when you got hold of the truth. You are really brave. Many so called christians cannot even come up with the courage to change from their church to another that teaches the scripture more accurately not to talk about completely cross carpeting from one religion like islam to the other. I commend you.
But, I can actually give the Bible verses I quote, it's quite easy actually, only it might take more time and a little more effort. I am a bit flabbergasted by the comparison with Aquila. I leave those scriptures without putting the book or verse always with the assurance that nobody can pick them out that they aren't in the Bible.
I sense you are truly passionate about taking in knowledge(for this is life,there taking in knowledge of you the only true God and of Jesus that you have sent John 17... something lol). But if truly you are one of Jehovah witnesses, I have noticed you still have work to do to catch up with what the Bible really teaches. You know at first, I didn't know how you can come up with the temporary godship of Jesus or how you explained Jesus being wisdom if you hadn't maybe gotten those ideas from some esotoric movements that doesn't preacu the truth of the Bible. I hope you understand.
Talking about association, I agree with your take 100%. A good friend of mine, Adeyemi Ambrose sowed the seed of accurate knowledge of the Bible in me (I am forever grateful to him. He is a witness). I need Jehovah's grace to completely furnish me however. Because I always like to be completely certain before I take some serious steps.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:36pm On Dec 10, 2020
@ bolded!

You should understand by now, once a Muslim where we are highly temperamental whenever anything is called "God" apart from the most high a Muslim won't take it lightly, so that is still somehow in me, but with time i'll surely get over it. As for bravery or fearlessness, well i also served as an agent with the military intelligence agency so try to imagine what can bring fear in the mind of a combatant soldier.
So i didn't only cross from one religion to another i also crossed from being a soldier who depends on physical weapons to disarm the enemies to a soldier of Christ where we disarm enemies with spiritual weapon (Bible).
I'm just happy that i'm still doing what i enjoy most "disarming armed opposition" but instead of doing so using force, weapons or records of casualties, Jehovah's Witnesses have taught me how to disarm the enemies without all of those rather i now use psychological warfare and it's most effective because back then we still need to keep an eye on those we disarmed but now victims voluntarily vow never to pick up weapons again for any reason whatsoever! Isaiah 2:1-4

Thanks it's a pleasure chatting you my friend, may God bless you as you take the necessary steps to stand with Jehovah's people! Zephaniah 3:9 smiley

thinkmoney:

You are now taking the discourse into that of association. However, you are right in some of your observations and I commend the courage that made you change when you got hold of the truth. You are really brave. Many so called christians cannot even come up with the courage to change from their church to another that teaches the scripture more accurately not to talk about completely cross carpeting from one religion like islam to the other. I commend you.
But, I can actually give the Bible verses I quote, it's quite easy actually, only it might take more time and a little more effort. I am a bit flabbergasted by the comparison with Aquila. I leave those scriptures without putting the book or verse always with the assurance that nobody can pick them out that they aren't in the Bible.
I sense you are truly passionate about taking in knowledge(for this is life,there taking in knowledge of you the only true God and of Jesus that you have sent John 17... something lol). But if truly you are one of Jehovah witnesses, I have noticed you still have work to do to catch up with what the Bible really teaches. You know at first, I didn't know how you can come up with the temporary godship of Jesus or how you explained Jesus being wisdom if you hadn't maybe gotten those ideas from some esotoric movements that doesn't preacu the truth of the Bible. I hope you understand.
Talking about association, I agree with your take 100%. A good friend of mine, Adeyemi Ambrose sowed the seed of accurate knowledge of the Bible in me (I am forever grateful to him. He is a witness). I need Jehovah's grace to completely furnish me however. Because I always like to be completely certain before I take some serious steps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by thinkmoney(m): 4:07pm On Dec 10, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
@ bolded!

You should understand by now, once a Muslim where we are highly temperamental whenever anything is called "God" apart from the most high a Muslim won't take it lightly, so that is still somehow in me, but with time i'll surely get over it. As for bravery or fearlessness, well i also served as an agent with the military intelligence agency so try to imagine what can bring fear in the mind of a combatant soldier.
So i didn't only cross from one religion to another i also crossed from being a soldier who depends on physical weapons to disarm the enemies to a soldier of Christ where we disarm enemies with spiritual weapon (Bible).
I'm just happy that i'm still doing what i enjoy most "disarming armed opposition" but instead of doing so using force, weapons or records of casualties, Jehovah's Witnesses have taught me how to disarm the enemies without all of those rather i now use psychological warfare and it's most effective because back then we still need to keep an eye on those we disarmed but now victims voluntarily vow never to pick up weapons again for any reason whatsoever! Isaiah 2:1-4

Thanks it's a pleasure chatting you my friend, may God bless you as you take the necessary steps to stand with Jehovah's people! Zephaniah 3:9 smiley

I love you brother. Thanks for the time. God bless you
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:56pm On Dec 10, 2020
Love from all the global family of JWs!
Hope to see you dedicate your life to JEHOVAH and get baptized soon!smiley

thinkmoney:

I love you brother. Thanks for the time. God bless you

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by Janosky: 8:40pm On Dec 10, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Bro go home and sleep. Church don already close.

See how long it took you to reply me to show that your lies against Jesus has been exposed.

If you had any sense of reason, you'd have had a rethink about the false claims you make about Jesus, but of course you're completely blind to the Truth which is the Word of God!

Except the spoken Word is not the Truth but if it is, that's is who Jesus is!

And there's nothing your lies can do about it.

Jesusjnr resorts to lazy Straw man attack grin

Jesusjnr dullard LYING
John 17:8 "For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them."

John 17:8,17 needs no explaining.

For your mind Jesus is "words you gave me and they accepted them"
LYING dullard.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:50pm On Dec 10, 2020
Janosky:

Jesusjnr resorts to lazy Straw man attack grin

Jesusjnr dullard LYING
John 17:8 "For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them."

John 17:8,17 needs no explaining.

For your mind Jesus is "words you gave me and I accepted them"
LYING dullard.
You must be wiser than Jesus who called both the bolded and Himself "the Truth".

So you should argue with Jesus who said He was both not me!

I'm just repeating what He said.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by Janosky: 11:20pm On Dec 10, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
You must be wiser than Jesus who called both the bolded and Himself "the Truth".

So you should argue with Jesus who said He was both not me!

I'm just repeating what He said.
cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy.

Bros , John 17:6,8 & 17 context..
Your claim is off point. False.

John 7:16, what is Jesus teaching?

Jesusjnr LYING dullard cheesy cheesy

Your Trinity brothers Biblestudylight (Screenshots) says Jesusjnr claim is off point grin cheesy

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:09am On Dec 11, 2020
Janosky:

cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy.

Bros , John 17:6,8 & 17 context..
Your claim is off point. False.

John 7:16, what is Jesus teaching?

Jesusjnr LYING dullard cheesy cheesy

Your Trinity brothers Biblestudylight (Screenshots) says Jesusjnr claim is off point grin cheesy
You've not shown me a single place that proves that God's spoken WORD was not "THE WORD", but just using your own deficient (lack of) understanding and interpretation to denounce my position.

So tell me, if I'm the one taking things out of context, what Word is THE TRUTH that Jesus asked God to sanctify His disciples with in its right context, God's spoken WORD or THE WORD (of God) or both?

John 17:17

Sanctify them through THY TRUTH: THY WORD IS TRUTH.

John 17:19

And for their sakes I sanctify MYSELF, that they also might be sanctified through THE TRUTH.

And why Jesus, THE WORD, sanctified Himself, THE TRUTH, so that they may be sanctified by Himself, THE TRUTH?

Because Jesus is also THE TRUTH.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, THE TRUTH, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by Janosky: 11:23am On Dec 11, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
You've not shown me a single place that proves that God's spoken WORD was not "THE WORD", but just using your own deficient (lack of) understanding and interpretation to denounce my position.

So tell me, if I'm the one taking things out of context, what Word is THE TRUTH that Jesus asked God to sanctify His disciples with in its right context, God's spoken WORD or THE WORD (of God) or both?

John 17:17

Sanctify them through THY TRUTH: THY WORD IS TRUTH.

John 17:19

And for their sakes I sanctify MYSELF, that they also might be sanctified through THE TRUTH.

And why Jesus, THE WORD, sanctified Himself, THE TRUTH, so that they may be sanctified by Himself, THE TRUTH?

Because Jesus is also THE TRUTH.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, THE TRUTH, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jesusjnr LYING dullard.
John 3:34 and John 17:6,8 no dey your Bible? cheesy grin cheesy
John 3:34
"For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God,...."

John 7:16
Jesus answered, "What I teach is not my own teaching, but it comes from God, who sent me."

For Jesus to teach, he must speak. What did he speak? cheesy cheesy

Jesusjnr has seen & read John 17:6,8, but his pride and vain ego won't let him admit the biblical truth of John 17:6,8 is referenced at John 17:17.

Bros, Carry your pointless claims to the dustbin
cheesy grin
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:35am On Dec 11, 2020
Janosky:

Jesusjnr LYING dullard cheesy grin cheesy
John 3:34
"For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God,...."

Jesusjnr has seen & read John 17:6,8, but his pride and vain ego won't let him admit the biblical truth of John 17:6,8 is referenced at John 17:17.

Bros, Carry your pointless claims to the dustbin
cheesy grin
You have been dodging the simple question for obvious reasons because it trashes all your lies.

What is THE TRUTH I ask you again? Is it the Word of God or God's speech or both?

All those texts you're telling me to read already align with who the THE TRUTH is!

It's only that you're too blind to see it.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by Janosky: 12:13pm On Dec 11, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
You have been dodging the simple question for obvious reasons because it trashes all your lies.

What is THE TRUTH I ask you again? Is it the Word of God or God's speech or both?

All those texts you're telling me to read already align with who the THE TRUTH is!

It's only that you're too blind to see it.

Una see as this WAYO Jesusjnr dey somersault upanda?
cheesy grin

John 8:26
"What I heard from my Father I tell the world"

John17:8
" For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them"

John 17:8, Bros, is the "words" referring to Jesus?
Jnr Dullard says Jesus is "Words" cheesy grin cheesy grin

Jnr Dullard can't tell the difference between "the Word", (A spirit person in John 1:1) & "your Words" - (doctrines, commands John 3:34. John 17:8. John 8:26) "What I heard from my Father I tell the world" cheesy grin cheesy.

Bros ,STAY your lane.
You have ZERO interest in the truth.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:18pm On Dec 11, 2020
Janosky:

Una see as this WAYO Jesusjnr dey somersault upanda?
cheesy grin

John 17:8, Bros, is the "words" referring to Jesus?
Jnr Dullard says Jesus is "Words" cheesy grin cheesy grin

Jnr Dullard can't tell the difference between "the Word", (A spirit person in John 1:1) & "your Words" - (doctrines, commands John 3:34. John 17:8. John 8:26) "What I heard from my Father I tell the world" cheesy grin cheesy.

Bros ,STAY your lane.
You have ZERO interest in the truth.

Lol!

You still dey dodge (the TRUTH) bullet that has already destroyed your lies?

Okay here's another bullet. What is the LIFE?

The Word of God or God's speech or both?

Jesus said:

John 12:49-50 (KJV)

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
And I know that his commandment is LIFE everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

John 14:6 (KJV)

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

So if the words God commanded Him to speak is LIFE everlasting, how is Jesus, the WORD, also the LIFE?

I don't expect you to humble yourself and accept the fact that your lies have been trashed though because your blindness to "the TRUTH" and "the LIFE" knows no bounds.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by OyinO: 1:06am On Dec 12, 2020
nnamdiosu:

Its a very simple question that has already answered itself inside the question . I will answer the question however, with logical points

1. Bible said man was/is made in the image of God. True.

2. So if the same God we are made in his image, now say, let us make man in our image...that means the people or person he was referring to
A. Were or are a God
B. Have the ability to make a living being.(meaning the are God), because no other being apart from the Almighty can create a living being.

So the above makes it clear that man was made by God in the same image of the same God that brought the idea out.

But if Hebrews 1.6 says that after God brought Jesus into this world and commanded all the angels to worship him (KNOWING FULLY THAT GOD WILL NEVER SHARE HIS GLORY OR PRAISE WITH ANY OTHER BEING: WHETHER SPIRIT OR MAN....), THEN THAT SHOWS THAT JESUS IS ALSO EQUAL WITH GOD.

And the bible says in many places...THE SPIRIT OF GOD, WHICH IS GOD'S HOLY SPIRIT OR COMMONLY CALLED THE HOLY SPIRIT......

How can God be God and yet his holy spirit not be a God.

Spiritual things can't be comprehended physically.

BUT IF A CUP OF WATER CAN BE PUT IN A FREEZER AND IT CHANGES TO ICE BLOCK, OR THAT SAME ICE BLOCK CAN BE HEATED AND CHANGE TO GASEOUS VAPOUR AND THE WHOLE IS STILL THE SAME WATER FROM THE CUP IN THE BEGINNING, WHY CANT GOD ALSO BE ONE AND YET TRUINE?

the way of God is not the way of man.

Your analogy doesn't make sense because there are different types of men (human species).
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by OyinO: 1:08am On Dec 12, 2020
The Black Prayer
This is deep, so take your time.
Why Did You Make Me Black Lord
Lord .. Why did you make me black?
Why did you make someone
the world would hold back?...
Black is the color of dirty clothes,
of grimy hands and feet......
Black is the color of darkness,
of tired beaten streets...
Why did you give me thick lips,
a broad nose and kinky hair?
Why did you create someone
who receives the hated stare?
Black is the color of the bruised eye
when someone gets hurt...
Black is the color of darkness,
black is the color of dirt.
Why is my bone structure so thick,
my hips and cheeks so high?
Why are my eyes brown,
and not the color of the sky?
Why do people think I'm useless?
How come I feel so used?
Why do people see my skin
and think I should be abused?
Lord, I just don't understand...
What is it about my skin?
Why is it some people want to hate me
and not know the person within?
Black is what people are "Labeled"
when others want to keep them away...
Black is the color of shadows cast...
Black is the end of the day.
Lord you know my own people mistreat me,
and you know this just ain't right...
They don't like my hair, they don't like my
skin, as they say I'm too dark or too light!
Lord, don't you think
it's time to make a change?
Why don't you redo creation
and make everyone the same?
God's Reply:
Why did I make you black? Why did I make you black?
I made you in the color of coal
from which beautiful diamonds are formed...
I made you in the color of oil,
the black gold which keeps people warm.
Your color is the same as the rich dark soil
that grows the food you need...
Your color is the same as the black stallion and
panther, Oh what majestic creatures indeed!
All colors of the heavenly rainbow
can be found throughout every nation...
When all these colors are blended,
you become my greatest creation!
Your hair is the texture of lamb's wool,
such a beautiful creature is he...
I am the shepherd who watches them,
I will ALWAYS watch over thee!
You are the color of the midnight sky,
I put star glitter in your eyes...
There's a beautiful smile hidden behind your pain...
That's why your cheeks are so high!
You are the color of dark clouds
from the hurricanes I create in September...
I made your lips so full and thick,
so when you kiss...they will remember!
Your stature is strong,
your bone structure thick to withstand the
burden of time...
The reflection you see in the mirror,
that image that looks back, that is MINE!
So get off your knees,
look in the mirror and tell me what you see?
I didn't make you in the image of darkness...
I made you in the image of ME!
this poem was inspired by Genesis1:26-27
and written by RuNett Nia-Ebo
Genesis 1:26 and 27
And GOD said, "Let Us make man in Our image, and after Our likeness. So GOD created man in His own image, male and female He created them.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:26am On Dec 12, 2020
Answer!

All His Us'es!
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by nizetee: 5:47am On Dec 12, 2020
O my children, brave Nephilim, When shall you learn the truth? Adonai Yahweh nor all his angels Have not one chain's link to bind you Save those that you would forge And put about yourself with full will. No fire is there into which they would cast you Save that which your minds would kindle. They have no authority over man Save that man would, deluded, kneel And acknowledge such illusion of power With which the Elohim would beguile. Why are you led again and again Into that same trap which snared those that came before? What words are there for me to speak By which you would realise this And take care against such deceits?

1 Like

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by nnamdiosu(m): 5:28pm On Dec 12, 2020
OyinO:

Your analogy doesn't make sense because there are different types of men (human species).

Name them pls
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 12, 2020
Arguments like this help to push religiosity out of the head of some people.
Why should religiosity remain in my head amidst this?
There are actually many things that make religiosity uncomfortable in my head.
The most important one is life itself.
Why should I worship anyone that claims to be responsible for the existence of many things I hate?
If I was doing it at the age of 10,why should I keep doing it now that I am over 20 or when the number of things I hate has increased?
So, it's not just about being an atheist.
It's also about my views concerning the so- called function(s) of the so-called God(s)
I think life is an absurdity.
If there is a living thing outside Biology that's responsible for bla bla bla,it should be ashamed of what has been done.
The Earth is not a project to be proud of.
Ultimately, the Bible is just another book while the Quran remains another piece of writing and both of them are not good enough to bring back comfort to religiosity in my head/a place where biological eruptions happen.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by orisa37: 7:04am On Dec 13, 2020
HIS SPIRIT EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS. GOD HIMSELF IS THE SUPREME SPIRIT
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by orisa37: 7:07am On Dec 13, 2020
HIS SPIRIT EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS. GOD HIMSELF IS THE SUPREME SPIRIT. GOD IS THE CEO OF ALL CREATIONS, AUTHORITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by Janosky: 12:44am On Dec 14, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Lol!

You still dey dodge (the TRUTH) bullet that has already destroyed your lies?

Okay here's another bullet. What is the LIFE?

The Word of God or God's speech or both?

Jesus said:

John 12:49-50 (KJV)

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
And I know that his commandment is LIFE everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

John 14:6 (KJV)

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

So if the words God commanded Him to speak is LIFE everlasting, how is Jesus, the WORD, also the LIFE?

I don't expect you to humble yourself and accept the fact that your lies have been trashed though because your blindness to "the TRUTH" and "the LIFE" knows no bounds.
Bros, is Jesus "the Word" a speech or a spirit person?
Pride no let Jesusjnr admit "the Word" is not God's speech/Command, (the point I've emphasized from the beginning of our interactions) yet he FALSELY claims it's lies.
cheesy grin

John 17:8 ,3:34 and 8:26 are lies to Jesusjnr LYING dullard.

Open your brain and your heart to receive this biblical truth.

The Father's speech, commands, He taught His Son is Truth and life (Hebrews 4:12. Isaiah 55:11. John 12:49-50).
John 17:8, John 8:26, 3:34, His Son was sent to speak "the sayings of God, his Father, to "tell the world"
Jesus said he was sent to speak/teach his Father's Truth/doctrine (John 7:16).

John 17:1-3, Jesus says his Father GIVEN Jesus authority to give everlasting life to whom the Father gave Jesus (1 Corinthians 15:45).
That is why Jesus Christ is the life.
Shalom.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:08am On Dec 14, 2020
Janosky:

Bros, is Jesus "the Word" a speech or a spirit person?
Pride no let Jesusjnr admit "the Word" is not God's speech/Command, (the point I've emphasized from the beginning of our interactions) yet he FALSELY claims it's lies.
cheesy grin

John 17:8 ,3:34 and 8:26 are lies to Jesusjnr LYING dullard.

Open your brain and your heart to receive this biblical truth.

The Father's speech, commands, He taught His Son is Truth and life (Hebrews 4:12. Isaiah 55:11. John 12:49-50).
John 17:8, John 8:26, 3:34, His Son was sent to speak "the sayings of God, his Father, to "tell the world"
Jesus said he was sent to speak/teach his Father's Truth/doctrine (John 7:16).

John 17:1-3, Jesus says his Father GIVEN Jesus authority to give everlasting life to whom the Father gave Jesus (1 Corinthians 15:45).
That is why Jesus Christ is the life.
Shalom.
Ol boy go and sleep. You've not yet for once shown me one place where it was said that God's speech wasn't the Word, but just speaking gibberish using your flawed understanding to interpret what God said as such.

I have shown several places where God's speech was shown to be the same as The Word, but you are too blind to realize that Truth and Life that Jesus the Word was and said He is.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by OyinO: 10:34pm On Dec 14, 2020
nnamdiosu:

Name them pls
Caucasoid, Negroid, Mongoloid, etc.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by haddeylium(m): 1:40am On Dec 15, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Ol boy go and sleep. You've not yet for once shown me one place where it was said that God's speech wasn't the Word, but just speaking gibberish using your flawed understanding to interpret what God said as such.

I have shown several places where God's speech was shown to be the same as The Word, but you are too blind to realize that Truth and Life that Jesus the Word was and said He is.

Good evening!
Have you considered this part before
Ex 4:16 -
He shall speak for you to the people, and he shall be your mouth, and you shall be as God to him. (compare vs 14,15)

Aaron became Moses' mouth/word by serving as his Spokeperson.

The Same way Moses and Aaron are different individual, Jehovah and Jesus' are!
Even though Aaron is Moses' words, those words he spoke are not his... right?

John 7:16
Jesus, in turn, answered them and said: “What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him who sent me
John 12:49
because I did not speak out of myself but the Father who sent me has himself given me orders what to say and to speak

Would you agree with Jesus statement here too?
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by nnamdiosu(m): 9:40am On Dec 15, 2020
OyinO:

Caucasoid, Negroid, Mongoloid, etc.

Oh I get you now. Yoy are taking about the ethnic races?
However , the image being spoke about in the bible isnt the physical image. Its the internal spiritual image which is the real man.

You are referring to the body, which is just a container. All humans have different body, but spiritually are all the same image or spirit with God.

1 Like

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by sonmvayina(m): 10:06am On Dec 15, 2020
nnamdiosu:

Oh I.get toy now. Yoy are taking about the ethnic races?
However , the image being spoke about in the bible isnt the physical image. Its the internal spiritual image which is the real man.

You are referring to the body, which is just a container. All humans have different body, but spiritually are all the same image or spirit with God.
I have to give this to you..

Since God provided the spirit, he must be talking to the "thing"that provided the material for the container..because both of them created man in their image and likeness

Dont you think so?

"And God formed man from the dust of the earth and breathed into his nostrils and man became a living being"..
Dont you think that God was talking to the earth, as she provided the dust for the body?
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by nnamdiosu(m): 10:26am On Dec 15, 2020
sonmvayina:

I have to give this to you..

Since God provided the spirit, he must be talking to the "thing"that provided the material for the container..because both of them created man in their image and likeness

Dont you think so?

"And God formed man from the dust of the earth and breathed into his nostrils and man became a living being"..
Dont you think that God was talking to the earth, as she provided the dust for the body?

If we go by this, then indirectly, you are trying to say that the earth and God are on the same level and power?
Its actually a great fallacy to proceed on this line of thought because you are indirectly say that the earth is in the same image as God.

God commands everything, including the earth. He doesn't need the help of the earth to create his most special Creation man

Our bodies was created from the earth AND NOT BY THE EARTH.

peace
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by sonmvayina(m): 11:11am On Dec 15, 2020
nnamdiosu:

If we go by this, then indirectly, you are trying to say that the earth and God are on the same level and power?
Its actually a great fallacy to proceed on this line of thought because you are indirectly say that the earth is in the same image as God.

God commands everything, including the earth. He doesn't need the help of the earth to create his most special Creation man

Our bodies was created from the earth AND NOT BY THE EARTH.

peace

Not God, the same image as man. Man is Part God and part earth. Igwe and ala, in igbo creation mythology. It means heaven and earth.

You are contradicting yourself, not me or it is just a case of cognitive dissonance..
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by OyinO: 1:48pm On Dec 16, 2020
nnamdiosu:

Oh I get you now. Yoy are taking about the ethnic races?

The Creationist Account is not about Spirituality or Spirits, it's creation of Human body from dust. Don't attach spirit to it. That's how you fail exams. The creation of man was in the likeness and image of body and appearance. When Adam was cursed, he was told, "FROM DUST WERE YOU MADE, AND ONTO DUST YE SHALL RETURN. There was no mention of spirit. You are the deceivers, but we are wide awake now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building / Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) / Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.