Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,113 members, 7,818,319 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? (27763 Views)

Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya / Do You Consider Flogging An Effective Way Of Discipline? What's The Alternative? / Lawyer Oladapo Ogundipe With Seven Children As Lawyers (Law Family) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by vickydankal(f): 8:52am On Dec 04, 2020
TheRealestGuy:

Our lives cheesy

When cancer hits you then you'll know how much the country sucks.

Your next line would be "God forbid", the usual Nigerian BS yarn.

Why forbid what is not possible for me? As a man think he become. Do you see your self having cancer in the future ?
You are even diverting from the topic is discuss

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by vickydankal(f): 8:54am On Dec 04, 2020
TheRealestGuy:

So by inference, if one doesn't get married or have kids they have failed in the marriage aspect of life?

sad

According to me yes, i stand to be corrected though
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by TheRealestGuy(m): 9:08am On Dec 04, 2020
vickydankal:

Why forbid what is not possible for me? As a man think he become. Do you see your self having cancer in the future ?
You are even diverting from the topic is discuss

You can't add one plus one can you?

And to answer your question, anybody can have cancer.

It's a part of life today.
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by TheRealestGuy(m): 9:09am On Dec 04, 2020
vickydankal:

According to me yes, i stand to be corrected though

That argument is so flawed in many ways that I don't have strength to begin to type here.

Take care.

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Amhappy(f): 9:20am On Dec 04, 2020
Yes a big achievement and sweet blessing. No matter how big your credential is ,they look better even immediately it's capped with He/She is married with so so number of children. And when you children are grown and more successful, the cap grows bigger.
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by gly(m): 9:21am On Dec 04, 2020
Whatever rocks your boat!!!
Life is a choice!!!
Not everyone will get married...This is an established fact!!!
For the married (responsible parents), The stress of catering for your home...kids well being and welfare, school runs, raising them in godly way and setting several mechanisms in place towards making them an exemplary model is a GREAT achievements. We have heard of the statement[b]...family is the smallest unit of the society.[/b]
So put in all your best to earnestly make your marriage (having kids you can cater for) a reality, because it is a great achievement.
It is only selfishness and lack of understanding that would make someone who knows he/she is not called into the world of chastity/celibacy/priesthood etc., decide to stay unmarried but enjoys some goodies (e.g. intimacies) that go with marriage, after all if you mum and dad were selfish you would not be here.

Shout out to the mums and dads in the house wearing themselves out night and day to make their home work!!!
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by vickydankal(f): 9:26am On Dec 04, 2020
TheRealestGuy:

You can't add one plus one can you?

And to answer your question, anybody can have cancer.

It's a part of life today.

Wow it is part of your life? Let me know when you have it I could help with some funds.

It is not part of my life.
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Seyzcham91(m): 9:45am On Dec 04, 2020
follwowing dictionary meaning, anything you accomplished, completed is an achievement so therefore MARRIAGE AND HAVING KIDS is an achievement

But leaving dictionary meaning and from my own perspective i don't wanna see it that way, looking it from The Two angles i gave earlier about

1-getting married with kids and living in poverty struggling to survive and

2-Having money being rich without marriage and kids

as for me if i were to make a choice i'd rather go for Number 2
lexy2014:

What therefore is an achievement according to d dictionary? Can u achieve anything without making a choice?
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 04, 2020
"Having unfortunate miserable vulnerable over-wretched poverty-stricken children" that are likely to replicate the same thing is pure nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!
'Having a lot of money or/and properties' without adopted or biologically-derived children that are likely to replicate the same thing is pure nonsense!!!!!!
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by benji93: 10:25am On Dec 04, 2020
hi
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by benji93: 10:25am On Dec 04, 2020
Anything is whatever we call it, and no one should stand somewhere and tell me what is and what is not an achievement. Inferiority complex is deeply ingrained in some of us, and we don't even know it, our mannerisms utterances reek of it, but well my friend who apparently knows better will tell me it's being modern. Bullshit. If the majority of our brothers, sisters husbands, and wives regard them as achievements, then they are, until they decide otherwise. Do we not generally consider getting a PhD a tremendous academic achievement. O yes, cos we say it is, but well we don't all get to complete one. So the fact that you don't want something or you can't get it doesn't make it less an achievement. Call it a communal achievement or whatever. it's what it is, an achievement. Are some achievements relatively more important than others? O yes, which is subjective. Whether the white man doesn't care is not our business, and all their ways do not have to be yardsticks for ours. It's on a case by case basis. Good luck with trying to convince your community it's not an achievement. By the way, I will appreciate it if such statements come from women other than the ones approaching menopause. cheesy grin. Bunch of clueless people.
On the other hand, some people will keep referring to the fact that procreation is an order. However, perhaps you can read what follows in Genesis 1 vs 28, which points to the fact that there must be the availability of resources, as in rule over the fish in the sea and the birds of the air. In this light, perhaps we should consider our pockets before doing either or both of those. cheesy. Be wise.
BadRadio:
Some live to harness themselves for it.

Some would set no other goal & do nothing else but look forward to the excitement of being married.

For a man or a woman, Is marriage and having kids an achievement?

When a man or a woman decides by choice not to have kids or get married, does it in anyway affect them?

What are the core importance of being married or getting married.

Is having children paramount in marriage?
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Hassanmaye(m): 11:18am On Dec 04, 2020
thesicilian:
For some women, yes.
One doesn't need any special credentials to be able to marry or have children. The true achievement comes from being able to raise up godly children
God bless you we don't need cultist and yahoo children again we have heard enough
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Hassanmaye(m): 11:20am On Dec 04, 2020
gunners160:
Marriage is an achievement to a Lady and to most men a liability. Whenever a man should propose to a lady, the first thing you see is she is crying or shouting out of excitement. She starts flaunting and making paparazzi out of the engagement ring because she has seen some one who has helped her in accomplishing a goal. Just like the feeling of building a house

in addition to this,marriage to a woman is like a childhood fantasy come true. Ever since she was little, she has been made to belief she is a Queen and special so there is a Mr Knight somewhere who will one day marry her and fulfill all her fantasy.
A man looks for financial independence before getting married but a woman crave for good shape and a good dress sense before getting married. She knows all what she needs is a man who can shoulder her responsibilities. that is why men get married late while women get married so early. You hear words like " i need a rich man even though he is ugly"

Also, marriage to a woman is a respect on its own. She is given respect both in and outside her home. At church she is called madam, at work she is called a Mrs and at the society she is called a mother

Finally marriage can be an achievement and also a liability depending who u end up with. they either destroy you or makedo
Correct man even though I know feminists will hate you for telling the truth

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Hassanmaye(m): 11:21am On Dec 04, 2020
azawuoba:

bro reports has it that most people get tired of that companionship just after 3 years of marriage

I can't imagie sharing the bed with one kpekus with the rest of my life .
Hahah grin
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by oche123: 11:23am On Dec 04, 2020
vickydankal:
Westernization and trying to be politically correct has made people claim self inflicted curses and hard lucks.

For goodness sakes this is Africa,
Here marriage and children are great achievements, especially when you have the wisdom and grace to train them and to give them the best of life you can afford.

Most people here are sounding like marriage and children are liabilities. Never take a word of my fellow woman who missed her time chasing community chief pocket instead of, education, personal development and possibly pursuing career and eventually settles with a man who now becomes her backbone to help her balance career and family.

After the blessings of Gen 1:28 the next visible and tangible blessing in the scriptures is the blessings of family.

Most people especially my fellow ladies are afraid of responsibility and the burden of submitting to a man who will ask they whereabouts, how do you get that ? Who call?

Continue with your marriage and children are not success by 55 -60 your language will change

That’s how one of my aunty anytime she sends for us if we didn’t go on time she will start crying is it because she didn’t marry and have kids.

Time will tell.
dear you just said my mind.....
Alot of ladies will be misled by some information on this thread....if becoming a graduate ,getting a good Job, buying houses ,buying companies and buying cars, are all achievement ...how will i enjoy all this without a family...who will leave in that big house with so many rooms,who will sit in those cars pack in my company,who will inherit my companies when am old ....think about it..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 04, 2020
Only rejected women will say marriage is not an achievement, because they know they re not marriage material.
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 04, 2020
oche123:

dear you just said my mind.....
Alot of ladies will be misled by some information on this thread....if becoming a graduate ,getting a good Job, buying houses ,buying companies and buying cars, are all achievement ...how will i enjoy all this without a family...who will leave in that big house with so many rooms,who will sit in those cars pack in my company,who will inherit my companies when am old ....think about it..

Most of them dont earn those things they re proceeds they get from sleeping with married men and snatching other women's husbands.

It can never end well with them, women who make these comments are misogynist, bitter and frustrated women who validate themselves by attacking other women who are enjoying their marriages.

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by DexterousOne(m): 1:03pm On Dec 04, 2020
A lot of myopic and uni directional thinkers in this country and continent undecided

With the repugnant mentality prevalent
How can this country get better?
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by makanma(f): 2:36pm On Dec 04, 2020
Op if you need answers try living in a compound where all those that are your mates are married with kids. Being married to someone i love is not a liability to me and having kids? Oh i love those tiny humans....they bring shine into your life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by gly(m): 2:54pm On Dec 04, 2020
makanma:
Op if you need answers try living in a compound where all those that are your mates are married with kids. Being married to someone i love is not a liability to me and having kids? Oh i love those tiny humans....they bring shine into your life

I love your submission!
Nice one!
Please tell them o! Let them hear!!!

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by lexy2014: 3:34pm On Dec 04, 2020
Seyzcham91:
follwowing dictionary meaning, anything you accomplished, completed is an achievement so therefore MARRIAGE AND HAVING KIDS is an achievement

But leaving dictionary meaning and from my own perspective i don't wanna see it that way, looking it from The Two angles i gave earlier about

1-getting married with kids and living in poverty struggling to survive and

2-Having money being rich without marriage and kids

as for me if i were to make a choice i'd rather go for Number 2

So d dictionary meaning gives us a basis to debate for or against. D dictionary meaning is universal& true except u were only trying to distort d meaning of d word in order to make ur argument look valid.

With regards ur perspective(s), I don't see how they negate d fact that marriage is an achievement. Whether u choose to 2b rich without marriage & kids or married with kids and no money, how does that negate d fact that marriage is an achievement?

Hence my question earlier:

Can u achieve anything without making a choice?
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by gracechellar(f): 4:09pm On Dec 04, 2020
thesicilian:

Of course, but that's not an achievement, considering the fact that even a madman can impregnate a madwoman.
so mature in thinking
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by gracechellar(f): 4:09pm On Dec 04, 2020
gunners160:
Marriage is an achievement to a Lady and to most men a liability. Whenever a man should propose to a lady, the first thing you see is she is crying or shouting out of excitement. She starts flaunting and making paparazzi out of the engagement ring because she has seen some one who has helped her in accomplishing a goal. Just like the feeling of building a house

in addition to this,marriage to a woman is like a childhood fantasy come true. Ever since she was little, she has been made to belief she is a Queen and special so there is a Mr Knight somewhere who will one day marry her and fulfill all her fantasy.
A man looks for financial independence before getting married but a woman crave for good shape and a good dress sense before getting married. She knows all what she needs is a man who can shoulder her responsibilities. that is why men get married late while women get married so early. You hear words like " i need a rich man even though he is ugly"

Also, marriage to a woman is a respect on its own. She is given respect both in and outside her home. At church she is called madam, at work she is called a Mrs and at the society she is called a mother

Finally marriage can be an achievement and also a liability depending who u end up with. they either destroy you or makedo
IELTS band 9

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by gracechellar(f): 4:10pm On Dec 04, 2020
internationalman:
After achieving everything in the world without a family, then you would know that kids are the biggest achievement of all...

Even though I'm scared of marriage but the feeling I get when my babe is sleeping over is enriching. I sometimes wonder how it would feel when this sleeping over happens everyday...
annoying
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Seyzcham91(m): 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2020
Nope you can't achieve anything without making a choice grin
lexy2014:

So d dictionary meaning gives us a basis to debate for or against. D dictionary meaning is universal& true except u were only trying to distort d meaning of d word in order to make ur argument look valid.

With regards ur perspective(s), I don't see how they negate d fact that marriage is an achievement. Whether u choose to 2b rich without marriage & kids or married with kids and no money, how does that negate d fact that marriage is an achievement?

Hence my question earlier:

Can u achieve anything without making a choice?
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by hashtagged(m): 4:37pm On Dec 04, 2020
zedegit:

Are you a liability to your parents?

Speak for yourself alone. Some are assets and blessings but it's not actually the question op asked.

Read the question again everyone has their opinions and you can't force yours on me so fvck off
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by hashtagged(m): 4:37pm On Dec 04, 2020
Reeberry:
I am not, if you are a liability. Idiocy.

Ok, you done then fvck off
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by hashtagged(m): 4:38pm On Dec 04, 2020
whirlwind7:

Same way you have been a liability to your parents, correct?
When you talk, do you consider the implications? Except you have been miserable throughout your life, then I can understand your resentment at being given birth to.
Also, if your parents complained all through your growing up years that you were a liability and a burden to them, I can then have a clearer picture as to why you think children are liabilities.
Further, if you're a broke ass and miserly and the idea of raising up and sharing whatever earthly things you have with kids you could sire fills you with dismay, then I might appreciate your stance.

Are you any of those?

Even wealthy people who decide not to have kids do adopt children and give them the best things in life.

It's a question and I gave my opinion oga you guys have your opinions too and I don't want to hear so stay off my mentions pls
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Ladylawyer(f): 6:35pm On Dec 04, 2020
Liposure:
yours is born out of necessity.
I really do not understand what you mean by necessity. One thing I know is that I live a very sad life if I do not have my own family.
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 04, 2020
BadRadio:
Some live to harness themselves for it.

Some would set no other goal & do nothing else but look forward to the excitement of being married.

For a man or a woman, Is marriage and having kids an achievement?

When a man or a woman decides by choice not to have kids or get married, does it in anyway affect them?

What are the core importance of being married or getting married.

Is having children paramount in marriage?
Not in 2020.
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Liposure: 6:53pm On Dec 04, 2020
Ladylawyer:
I really do not understand what you mean by necessity. One thing I know is that I live a very sad life if I do not have my own family.
thats what am talking about. In your mind, You need marriage to live happily ever after

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Shalom Sam-Ogbaji Fled With Her 2 Kids, Not Missing / "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research / What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.