Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

9 Things You Will Always Wish You Knew Early In Life - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 9 Things You Will Always Wish You Knew Early In Life (1455 Views)

My Boyfriend Had Sex With His Dying Female Friend As A 'final Wish' / 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents / What Turns You On Early In The Morning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Things You Will Always Wish You Knew Early In Life by udoekere: 1:54am On Dec 03, 2020
9 Things You Will Always Wish You Knew Early In Life

The pain of regret is the worst thing to suffer in life than the pain of discipline. It is very true that what you don’t know is bigger than you and can ruin you. You are presently were you are not because of what you know but what you don’t know.

One of the qualities that stand successful people out is that there are able to know some little secrets early in life and there worked towards it. Please if you are still in your 20s or early 30s, you can save yourself from regret later in life by taking note of the following

1. Previous success is one of the greatest hindrances to success and not failure

I remember when I came first in my class in college just to go back to the 12th position the following term. Our previous success is will always deceive us into thinking we are the best and nothing can be done about that. As a poet will say’ success is not yours, you can only rent it’. Don’t always allow the previous success to hold you back. Just get motivated and move on. The earlier you realize this, the better.

2. Education without discovery of your gift won’t take you far in life

If you are still among those who think education is power, I want you to drop that mentality now. Education is only a potential power unless it is been channel to solve specific problems and create wealth in the society. If education were to be power, doctors and professor should be the richest set of persons in the world.

Education will not help you discover your God given gift. You will create real wealth when you discover you gifts and harness it to make the world a better place. Take a look at billionaires like the late Steve Jobs(co founder of Apple), Bill Gates (co founder of Microsoft),Mark Zuckerberg(co founder of face book) and many others, these guys don’t have college degree but today, I don’t think any graduate can stand their level. The earlier you understand this, the better.

3. Rejection is often redirection

J.K Rowling (the author of Harry Potter) got rejected 12 times before she finally wrote and published Harry Potter, even Beyouncy had to make hundreds of songs to get hello, Jack Ma ( the co founder of Alibaba Express) got rejected multiple times before he started his company and today he is the richest man in china.

The best thing that can happen to you are some of those your rejections. Alexander Graham Bell said ‘when one door closes, another door opens’ so don’t dwell on some of the rejections you face for long. See all of your rejections now as redirection. Build and raise your self esteem so that rejections don’t bother you anymore. Today is difficult, tomorrow will be more difficult but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine. The earlier you know this, the better.

4. Your words matter

A word of encouragement to Ben Carson from his mother changed him to become one of the greatest surgeons of all time. A word of encouragement from a teacher can change a child. A leader can inspire and motivate his followers just by words. Learn to always confess positive things to yourself. Your current situation is temporal, where you are going matters a lot so always learn to say positive things to yourself.

Be careful of your words to yourself and even to others. Never say negative things about others. The earlier you learn this, the better.

5. Your value does not decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth

Build yourself to the extent where you will not define yourself by what people will say and think of you. Avoid dogmatic behavior which is living with the result of other peoples thinking. As Tim Fargo will say ‘if you want to improve yourself worth, stop giving other people the calculator’. Believe that you are special and hold unto to that. Don’t ever because of the rejections you face look down on yourself. Let me ask you this question, will Ferrari or Tesla company feel bad and feel inferior if someone passes the front of their shop without patronizing them? The answer is a big NO as that shows the person is not capable so build yourself to that extent.

6. Be yourself

In a world that is constantly trying to make you someone else, your highest accomplishment is to be yourself. You were born an original so don’t die a photocopy. You will live a life of accomplishment if you are yourself. Social media today is alone is enough to make you feel inferior but you will do your best by resisting all this. Don’t let others opinion drown out your own inner voice. Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, there somehow already know what you truly want to become, everything else is secondary.

7. Mind your thoughts

If you have read this far I think you truly want to avoid these mistakes and make your life better so I will recommend you read this book ‘ THINK AND GROW RICH BY NAPOLEON HILL’ . Thoughts are things and go a very long way to create our physical reality. You are currently were you are because of your previous thoughts and actions. We are magnetic beings and are reflections of our most dominate thoughts. The Facebook, Instagram, Apple,Twitter,Amazon and many other companies that you see today were once ideas of people in the form of thoughts. People sat down to develop these ideas and today it has greatly changed the world.

Please, I beg you, if you want to be great in life, change your thoughts. If you want to be rich and successful, see yourself as one not withstanding your present situation. You cannot never get where you cannot see. We are living magnets and you can attract whatever you think in your mind. The greats of the old like Nikola Tesla, Albert Einstein, and Steve Jobs used this practice to develop their ideas and create things. Read the book above to understand this concept more and the result will surprise you.

8. Making mistakes and failure is an integral part of success

Please avoid this trap of thinking failure is the final destination for you. Albert Einstein once said ‘a man who has not made a mistake has never tried something new’. Never see mistakes and failure as bad things. That is why school will not give you the best and make you discover your real potential in life. when we were in school, the smartest person is the one who will get parallel A, score hundred percent and come first in the class but I came to discover those people cannot really do exploit outside school because life respects experience. I have seen many intelligent and smart people who are broke in life because of one single thing and that is school told them mistakes are bad and should not be made.

Any learning process that will not accommodate your failure and mistakes will not really develop you. No one has actually changed the world by doing what the world told them to do.

9. Value family and relationships more than money

The late Steve Jobs, the co founder of Apple once said when he was about giving up the ghost and he said “ lying here on my sick bed, all money, wealth, fame and recognition I took so much pride in has become useless in the face of impending death. You can call someone to drive the car for you, run the business but you can’t call them to bear the sickness for you. As you live, cherish care and attention for your love ones, spouse, family and well wishers for this are what truly matters.”

I learnt a lot from this and this goes to clearly show that the place of relationship in our lives can never be exchanged for money. Never sacrifice family and love ones for business or money. God has so built us that we will need people. Cherish time and love for your family and never underestimate this.

Remember, your opportunity to pass through this world is once. Avoid the trap of thinking there is still time. Life might not be all that lucky for you so take responsibility now. These 9 things above are things even old people will always tell me “ I wish someone told me this when I was your age”.

Take action now and fulfill your God given purpose in life.

From Opera News

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Things You Will Always Wish You Knew Early In Life by Mokason288(m): 2:06am On Dec 03, 2020
Interesting read

1 Like

Re: 9 Things You Will Always Wish You Knew Early In Life by planetx13: 7:12am On Dec 03, 2020
Okay

1 Like

Re: 9 Things You Will Always Wish You Knew Early In Life by holuwasheyiWGP(m): 6:03pm On Dec 03, 2020
This is one of the best posts I've read on nairaland. It's just sad that meaning articles like this don't make it to fp.

Nice one Op

2 Likes

Re: 9 Things You Will Always Wish You Knew Early In Life by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 03, 2020
Op kudos to you
Kevin hart self no go school
And today he go feed 100 million people wey go school
But all still the same this life no balance sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Things You Will Always Wish You Knew Early In Life by tobechi74: 8:37pm On Dec 03, 2020
Look well before you vote APC
Re: 9 Things You Will Always Wish You Knew Early In Life by Meedon: 10:01pm On Dec 03, 2020

We need more post like this.

It was a good read...

1 Like

Re: 9 Things You Will Always Wish You Knew Early In Life by Dowenship(m): 2:14pm On Dec 04, 2020
udoekere:
9 Things You Will Always Wish You Knew Early In Life

The pain of regret is the worst thing to suffer in life than the pain of discipline. It is very true that what you don’t know is bigger than you and can ruin you. You are presently were you are not because of what you know but what you don’t know.

One of the qualities that stand successful people out is that there are able to know some little secrets early in life and there worked towards it. Please if you are still in your 20s or early 30s, you can save yourself from regret later in life by taking note of the following

1. Previous success is one of the greatest hindrances to success and not failure

I remember when I came first in my class in college just to go back to the 12th position the following term. Our previous success is will always deceive us into thinking we are the best and nothing can be done about that. As a poet will say’ success is not yours, you can only rent it’. Don’t always allow the previous success to hold you back. Just get motivated and move on. The earlier you realize this, the better.

2. Education without discovery of your gift won’t take you far in life

If you are still among those who think education is power, I want you to drop that mentality now. Education is only a potential power unless it is been channel to solve specific problems and create wealth in the society. If education were to be power, doctors and professor should be the richest set of persons in the world.

Education will not help you discover your God given gift. You will create real wealth when you discover you gifts and harness it to make the world a better place. Take a look at billionaires like the late Steve Jobs(co founder of Apple), Bill Gates (co founder of Microsoft),Mark Zuckerberg(co founder of face book) and many others, these guys don’t have college degree but today, I don’t think any graduate can stand their level. The earlier you understand this, the better.

3. Rejection is often redirection

J.K Rowling (the author of Harry Potter) got rejected 12 times before she finally wrote and published Harry Potter, even Beyouncy had to make hundreds of songs to get hello, Jack Ma ( the co founder of Alibaba Express) got rejected multiple times before he started his company and today he is the richest man in china.

The best thing that can happen to you are some of those your rejections. Alexander Graham Bell said ‘when one door closes, another door opens’ so don’t dwell on some of the rejections you face for long. See all of your rejections now as redirection. Build and raise your self esteem so that rejections don’t bother you anymore. Today is difficult, tomorrow will be more difficult but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine. The earlier you know this, the better.

4. Your words matter

A word of encouragement to Ben Carson from his mother changed him to become one of the greatest surgeons of all time. A word of encouragement from a teacher can change a child. A leader can inspire and motivate his followers just by words. Learn to always confess positive things to yourself. Your current situation is temporal, where you are going matters a lot so always learn to say positive things to yourself.

Be careful of your words to yourself and even to others. Never say negative things about others. The earlier you learn this, the better.

5. Your value does not decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth

Build yourself to the extent where you will not define yourself by what people will say and think of you. Avoid dogmatic behavior which is living with the result of other peoples thinking. As Tim Fargo will say ‘if you want to improve yourself worth, stop giving other people the calculator’. Believe that you are special and hold unto to that. Don’t ever because of the rejections you face look down on yourself. Let me ask you this question, will Ferrari or Tesla company feel bad and feel inferior if someone passes the front of their shop without patronizing them? The answer is a big NO as that shows the person is not capable so build yourself to that extent.

6. Be yourself

In a world that is constantly trying to make you someone else, your highest accomplishment is to be yourself. You were born an original so don’t die a photocopy. You will live a life of accomplishment if you are yourself. Social media today is alone is enough to make you feel inferior but you will do your best by resisting all this. Don’t let others opinion drown out your own inner voice. Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, there somehow already know what you truly want to become, everything else is secondary.

7. Mind your thoughts

If you have read this far I think you truly want to avoid these mistakes and make your life better so I will recommend you read this book ‘ THINK AND GROW RICH BY NAPOLEON HILL’ . Thoughts are things and go a very long way to create our physical reality. You are currently were you are because of your previous thoughts and actions. We are magnetic beings and are reflections of our most dominate thoughts. The Facebook, Instagram, Apple,Twitter,Amazon and many other companies that you see today were once ideas of people in the form of thoughts. People sat down to develop these ideas and today it has greatly changed the world.

Please, I beg you, if you want to be great in life, change your thoughts. If you want to be rich and successful, see yourself as one not withstanding your present situation. You cannot never get where you cannot see. We are living magnets and you can attract whatever you think in your mind. The greats of the old like Nikola Tesla, Albert Einstein, and Steve Jobs used this practice to develop their ideas and create things. Read the book above to understand this concept more and the result will surprise you.

8. Making mistakes and failure is an integral part of success

Please avoid this trap of thinking failure is the final destination for you. Albert Einstein once said ‘a man who has not made a mistake has never tried something new’. Never see mistakes and failure as bad things. That is why school will not give you the best and make you discover your real potential in life. when we were in school, the smartest person is the one who will get parallel A, score hundred percent and come first in the class but I came to discover those people cannot really do exploit outside school because life respects experience. I have seen many intelligent and smart people who are broke in life because of one single thing and that is school told them mistakes are bad and should not be made.

Any learning process that will not accommodate your failure and mistakes will not really develop you. No one has actually changed the world by doing what the world told them to do.

9. Value family and relationships more than money

The late Steve Jobs, the co founder of Apple once said when he was about giving up the ghost and he said “ lying here on my sick bed, all money, wealth, fame and recognition I took so much pride in has become useless in the face of impending death. You can call someone to drive the car for you, run the business but you can’t call them to bear the sickness for you. As you live, cherish care and attention for your love ones, spouse, family and well wishers for this are what truly matters.”

I learnt a lot from this and this goes to clearly show that the place of relationship in our lives can never be exchanged for money. Never sacrifice family and love ones for business or money. God has so built us that we will need people. Cherish time and love for your family and never underestimate this.

Remember, your opportunity to pass through this world is once. Avoid the trap of thinking there is still time. Life might not be all that lucky for you so take responsibility now. These 9 things above are things even old people will always tell me “ I wish someone told me this when I was your age”.

Take action now and fulfill your God given purpose in life.

From Opera News

thank you this came at the right time.. Lost a job. and been thinking for the mistake I made to lost the job.

1 Like

Re: 9 Things You Will Always Wish You Knew Early In Life by paulolee(m): 4:00pm On Dec 04, 2020
10..nobody likes u, its all man 4 himself..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Things You Will Always Wish You Knew Early In Life by udoekere: 8:23am On Dec 07, 2020
lalasticlala
seun
mynd44

1 Like

Re: 9 Things You Will Always Wish You Knew Early In Life by Meedon: 8:46am On Dec 07, 2020
paulolee:
10..nobody likes u, its all man 4 himself..

Bro. I'm always bothered about what people will say about me, this has limit me in so many ways. How can I develop this mindset of yours. Please give me words of advice.

Between Lalasticlals this should grace front page.

1 Like

Re: 9 Things You Will Always Wish You Knew Early In Life by mosdii(m): 9:03am On Dec 07, 2020
insightful and inspiring.

1 Like

Re: 9 Things You Will Always Wish You Knew Early In Life by xxxXXXxxx: 2:55pm On Dec 15, 2020
Thanks O.p

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Memes For The Evening / I Am In Love With 5 Different Guys, Who Should I Choose? / Riddle: If SEX And MONEY Is Removed From Dating, What Will Be Left?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.