Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,363 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

.. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / .. (4142 Views)

Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? / I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister / Reason I'm Scared Of Going Into Another Relationship Is Because Of My Heartless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

.. by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 03, 2020

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: .. by thaoriginator: 3:31pm On Dec 03, 2020
undecided

1 Like

Re: .. by MONEY247: 3:33pm On Dec 03, 2020
Keke drop me here.....
Elders......We have an issue at hand

6 Likes

Re: .. by Harshreality: 3:34pm On Dec 03, 2020
If you like walk into hell. Most people here will just advice you and won't share any of the consequences with you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: .. by prince2pac(m): 3:35pm On Dec 03, 2020
angry

4 Likes

Re: .. by Bola146(f): 3:43pm On Dec 03, 2020
cry Your guy might be right, maybe you should give him some little time, the love might come back.

After that, You need to follow your inner mind, peace of mind is good in a relationship. Love matters, nobody should force you to what you want. I can't marry a man I don't love sad
Re: .. by SweetCunt97(f): 3:49pm On Dec 03, 2020
Deardoveylove:
The truth is, I desire to marry him because we already have a child together. I love the relationship between him and our son. I want to have a peaceful family. But everything went bad when he traveled out and decided to stay mute without supporting me. I would have gotten married to someone else all along, but my dad wouldn't let me. He's of an opinion I must marry the father of my son.
He's back, not doing well financially. He has explained all that happened, appologied and everybody still wants him for me. He's been so committed and caring since he came back. we're preparing to get married by January, but the issue is this,

I'm confused.

We are always having disagreement and each time we had, I can't seems to forget all the bad ways he treated me in the past.
I always emphasize it to his face. Severally times, he would go down on his knees and appologies over and over again.
Yet, I can't feel that love in me.
Secondly, he don't want me associating with my friends.
These are people who were there for me all through the time he left, especially my male friends. Who always buy gifts for my child. The last time. My ex bought a wristwatch for my son from US, he personally hide it and wouldn't let him use it.
He calls me more than 20 times a day. That alone drives me crazy.
He's always calling to know where I am, who is with me and who calls me.

He always wants to be around me. No breathing space at all as if I'm going to run away.
I can't even have my life outside him anymore.
The last time we had an argument, I told him I can't marry him, I saw his reaction.
He behaves as if there's a diamond in me he needs to own.
I feel scared sometimes. I don't know if this is love or something else.
He has been away all this years, while all these just of a sudden.

I'm confused, once I marry him, we're married forever and I don't want to make mistake.

How, what should I do to make him stop acting all he's doing? He act as if he's in competition with all the men in my life.

Experienced people in the house please, advice.

Red flag. Your dad sef get wahala. What if this one doesn't give u peace of mind cos believe me it will get worse after I do. Men who exhibit such trait could b dangerous.

That he's ur baby daddy does not mean you'll marry him.

7 Likes

Re: .. by GraceAndPeace: 3:50pm On Dec 03, 2020
Please don't rush to marry him because you feel pressured. If you are a Christian I'll advice you to take the matter quickly to the elders and leaders of your church. What you need is wisdom to know how to settle this man and your dad. That's the only way you can be truly free from this situation. And move on
Re: .. by poshestmina(f): 3:58pm On Dec 03, 2020
There's nothing I hate more than a suffocating relationship/friendship.

Be VERY careful of a possessive and obsessed partner...It hardly ends well.

4 Likes

Re: .. by UjuJoan2: 3:58pm On Dec 03, 2020
Deardoveylove:
The truth is, I desire to marry him because we already have a child together.

He abandoned you when he had it all good . . .

He came back expecting to see you dejected and tattered (as per 'after-one'); unfortunately, you were better off than he left you, with lots of admirers and suitors . . . .

He decided to tie you down so your happiness will be forever dependent on him . . . . .

That man will not make heaven!!!

Marry him if you MUST, but don't completely depend on him. Always maintain your independence in the marriage so he won't have the opportunity to step all over you again.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: .. by Righteousness89(m): 4:00pm On Dec 03, 2020
Deardoveylove:
The truth is, I desire to marry him because we already have a child together. I love the relationship between him and our son. I want to have a peaceful family. But everything went bad when he traveled out and decided to stay mute without supporting me. I would have gotten married to someone else all along, but my dad wouldn't let me. He's of an opinion I must marry the father of my son.
He's back, not doing well financially. He has explained all that happened, appologied and everybody still wants him for me. He's been so committed and caring since he came back. we're preparing to get married by January, but the issue is this,

I'm confused.

We are always having disagreement and each time we had, I can't seems to forget all the bad ways he treated me in the past.
I always emphasize it to his face. Severally times, he would go down on his knees and appologies over and over again.
These are people who were there for me all through the time he left, especially my male friends. Who always buy gifts for my child. The last time. My ex bought a wristwatch for my son from US, he personally hide it and wouldn't let him use it.

He always wants to be around me. No breathing space at all as if I'm going to run away.
The last time we had an argument, I told him I can't marry him, I saw his reaction.

I'm confused, once I marry him, we're married forever and I don't want to make mistake.

How, what should I do to make him stop acting all he's doing? He act as if he's in competition with all the men in my life.

Sex outside Marriage was the first Mistake! I Believe you should have learnt your lesson and Repented!

Marrying one who is not God's will for you will be a Greater Mistake if you are not cautious.

My Advice:
Humble yourself before God and seek His Face for His Choice for you. Whoever he shows you! Just say I do!

5 Likes

Re: .. by Blakjewelry(m): 4:03pm On Dec 03, 2020
Deardoveylove:

I'm confused.

Well it seems you are already seeing someone and don't love him anymore. Come out openly and tell him
Re: .. by Amanee(f): 4:09pm On Dec 03, 2020
I wish women would be as ruthlessly calculative about marriage as a business mogul is about his empire.

Marriage is for life! Any man that cannot give you peace of mind before marriage will never give it to you after marriage

Know this and know peace

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: .. by tidalstorm(m): 4:14pm On Dec 03, 2020
The guy doesn't trust you or is just being manipulative and you don't love him but is being forced to marry him.
This is a recipe for disaster.

It will end in tears and unhappiness for both of you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: .. by mariahAngel(f): 4:38pm On Dec 03, 2020
Maybe he believe things went wrong for him because he abandoned you and his son, therefore he's back to "make things right"

Well, Trust in God and lean not on your own understanding.
In all your ways (decisions) acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths
Re: .. by Ginaz(f): 5:01pm On Dec 03, 2020
"Do you still love him"?

Let's start from there.
Re: .. by EXLOVER(m): 5:20pm On Dec 03, 2020
You just dey carry some women prayer point dey play
Re: .. by firdaus95026: 7:34pm On Dec 03, 2020
The guy doesn't trust you or is just being manipulative and you don't love him but is being forced to marry him. That is a recipe for disaster.It will end in tear and unhappiness for both of you.
Re: .. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 03, 2020
Blakjewelry:

Well it seems you are already seeing someone and don't love him anymore. Come out openly and tell him
I told him already, but he keeps saying he will make things right.
Re: .. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 03, 2020
Righteousness89:

Sex outside Marriage was the first Mistake! I Believe you should have learnt your lesson and Repented!

Marrying one who is not God's will for you will be a Greater Mistake if you are not cautious.

My Advice:
Humble yourself before God and seek His Face for His Choice for you. Whoever he shows you! Just say I do!
I know God has forgiven me long time ago. I don't want to dwell in the past anymore. I'm far gone.
I will start praying about it as you advice. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: .. by Spy360(m): 8:47pm On Dec 03, 2020
Deardoveylove

I am married and so in a position to advice you.

1. Why are you confused? Is it that you don't love him but want to marry him simply because he is the father of your son? Or that your father wants you to? Either of these is not a good reason. Marry him because you choose to.

2. He is insecure because of his financial situation. This means one of two things,- he is seeing you as an only hope for a wife as he has no money, so when he does have what happens? Or he sincerely hopes to marry you and is scared of losing you due to his lack of money.

3. Any woman (or man) who can not assure their spouse of their place in their hearts is not good material. It's your duty to ensure he is safe even when not with you. So don't be tired of picking his calls. Sign of tiredness tells him something may be going wrong.

4. What is delaying the union? If you guys cannot make up your minds to settle down within three months that relationship will most likely not work out.

1 Like

Re: .. by tobechi74: 8:49pm On Dec 03, 2020
Deardoveylove:

I'm confused.

What about sex? Talk true. Does he Bleep you better ? That is the main reason you are confused. Nothing confuses a lady better than an abusive , useless guy who perfom well in bed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: .. by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 03, 2020
tobechi74:

What about sex? Talk true. Does he Bleep you better ? That is the main reason you are confused. Nothing confuses a lady better than an abusive , useless guy who perfom well in bed
That's not the reason
Re: .. by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 03, 2020
Spy360:
Deardoveylove

I am married and so in a position to advice you.

1. Why are you confused? Is it that you don't love him but want to marry him simply because he is the father of your son? Or that your father wants you to? Either of these is not a good reason. Marry him because you choose to.

2. He is insecure because of his financial situation. This means one of two things,- he is seeing you as an only hope for a wife as he has no money, so when he does have what happens? Or he sincerely hopes to marry you and is scared of losing you due to his lack of money.

3. Any woman (or man) who can not assure their spouse of their place in their hearts is not good material. It's your duty to ensure he is safe even when not with you. So don't be tired of picking his calls. Sign of tiredness tells him something may be going wrong.

4. What is delaying the union? If you guys cannot make up your minds to settle down within three months that relationship will most likely not work out.

We are planning towards January.
Re: .. by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 03, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Red flag. Your dad sef get wahala. What if this one doesn't give u peace of mind cos believe me it will get worse after I do. Men who exhibit such trait could b dangerous.

That he's ur baby daddy does not mean you'll marry him.
my dad will never let me be. He's insisting I can't have a baby for one man and marry another.
Re: .. by Spy360(m): 9:19pm On Dec 03, 2020
Deardoveylove:
We are planning towards January.
Since you are planning to marry him, make him feel comfortable when he is with or without you. Try calling him by yourself and telling him where you are or who you're with. Soon he will stop worrying.

Also, stay away from exes. Nothing spoils marriage than having exes around your family.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: .. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 03, 2020
Ginaz:
"Do you still love him"?

Let's start from there.
I can say it's because of my son and my Dad wouldn't let me marry any other guy.
Re: .. by SweetCunt97(f): 9:37pm On Dec 03, 2020
Deardoveylove:
my dad will never let me be. He's insisting I can't have a baby for one man and marry another.
It's ur life Las las
Re: .. by Ginaz(f): 9:56pm On Dec 03, 2020
Deardoveylove:
I can say it's because of my son and my Dad wouldn't let me marry any other guy.

Answer a straight point blank .

Do you love him? Remove your child or dad from your mind and answer truthfully.
Re: .. by Shinny1: 10:14pm On Dec 03, 2020
You are deeply hurt and offended at him for abandoning you and your Son when you needed his help...so first accept this and forgive him...cos if not you won't find peace in that marriage....cos everything he does will be irritating you..
Then sit him down let him know your do's and don't..... watching the way he treats it...if he takes it serious then good if not my dear think twice

The first mistake was getting pregnant for him... don't make a life mistake by getting married to him....if you can't handle his excesses cos it might end in premium tears...

If you want to still go ahead then introduce him to your friends so that he will know them and be their friend as well and as for your ex's please stay away from them..and focus on building your marriage....cos the trust you both have is shaking... there's no more trust as before...

1 Like

Re: .. by Uniquewise: 10:16pm On Dec 03, 2020
OP, I see too many red flags, and if you decide to go ahead with the marriage at this time, I'm afraid it might end in premium tears. In the end, it's your life, so I don't see how/why you keep letting your dad's sentiments stand in the way.

Never marry out of pressure, never marry out of pity. And with all the unresolved emotional bottlenecks already, lady, please you need to take a break from the relationship to sort yourself out. And while on the break, keep away from further sexual entanglements pls.

Give it time, free your mind to think through your decisions wholistically, while you also commit everything to prayers. Light will come, be assured.

1 Like

Re: .. by mariahAngel(f): 10:18pm On Dec 03, 2020
Deardoveylove:

Maybe he's truly changed for your dad to insist you marry him.
Besides, your dad doesn't want a messed up, confused life for you, so it's best you listen to your father.
What I've observed is that you haven't truly forgiven him, that is why you take every chance you get to hurt him for what he did, and that resentment is what is holding you back.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TRUE LIFE Story!..dangers Of Premarital Sex / To Know If Your Partner Had Sex With Someone Else While U Were Not Around / How Best Can I Live With my Live-in Maid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.