Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,455 members, 7,823,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta (60988 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Bauchi City, The Pearl Of Tourism And The Gateway Tonorthe / Road Drive From Akwa Ibom Airport To Uyo City / My Review Of Uyo City, Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 10, 2021
Abasi mbok!

Where are those Kano boys that keep showing us one flyover picture with grotesque filter?

lolzz

1 Like

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by bro4u: 7:48am On Jan 10, 2021
Ilaumoh:
More to the beautiful city
Are you not ashamed? You're busy posting what Akpabio built, why not post that of udom let us see. A man that can't finish an ordinary over head bridge at Ekom Iman.

Illaumoh aka Hunchgo GTFOH
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Godbless3(m): 7:49am On Jan 10, 2021
Overhype city.
The itam flyover and Abak road flyover is just not built to solve both 2days problem and future problem.
A flyover that just hoover a round about is a wasted resources.
Yes it reduce the rate of accident at itam junction in a short while but if Uyo sudenly becomes overcrowded like big cities, then the flyovers will become useless.
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by udomonday: 8:02am On Jan 10, 2021
AustineJohn908:
Very beautiful City. I love Uyo. we aren't there yet but we are definitely in the right direction..
Op, that Highrise building(hotel) is not in Akwa ibom state
it is in akwaibon.ikot ekpene to be precise.it is actually opposite my former compound in ikot ekpene.
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by udomonday: 8:08am On Jan 10, 2021
Praxis758:
I see Uyo taking the lead as the fastest growing city in SS and also the most beautiful city in that region.

All they need is a consistence concentration of policies and practical implementation of the ongoing infrastructural master plan that's giving it a facelift.

Akpabio really tried in laying then foundations that birthed this beautiful city.
actually the foundation was laid by Attah.but Akpabio took it a notch higher.
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Kindness218: 8:28am On Jan 10, 2021
Elvictor:

I am from Rivers State, Ahoada East LGA precisely, where are you from?
Ekpeye logbo
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by ariesbull: 9:17am On Jan 10, 2021
mrkings84:

See how you guys just spoiled this beautiful thread with your tribalistic sentiments..... This thread was about Uyo and not Ibadan or Awka....Una no try joor
but Ibadan is messy
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by DEEBOZZ(m): 9:37am On Jan 10, 2021
Sammy07:
Mehnnn, Uyo has left Delta, Calabar and Rivers behind sha.
within a space of 10yrs.

This is what happens when you have visionary leaders.
Tho Calabar is also trying, even without Oyel money.
All these is nowhere near the infrastructures in Port Harcourt.
PH is the capital of the South-South for a reason.
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by areee(m): 10:16am On Jan 10, 2021
Stop being tribalistic.
Check this thread and year.https://www.nairaland.com/4116083/beautiful-pictures-ibadan-city

Ibadan is an ancient town, it is normal to have brown roof in the old part of Ibadan, Google search for some new areas in Ibadan like alalubosa, Oluyole, elebu and so on.

Lastly try and visit
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by iguita: 10:43am On Jan 10, 2021
Where is this? I know it is in Uyo, but is it a resort? So beautiful.
rossniti:

1 Like

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Ilaumoh(m): 10:58am On Jan 10, 2021
bro4u:

Are you not ashamed? You're busy posting what Akpabio built, why not post that of udom let us see. A man that can't finish an ordinary over head bridge at Ekom Iman.

Illaumoh aka Hunchgo GTFOH
I don't still get your point Mr?
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Ilaumoh(m): 10:59am On Jan 10, 2021
iguita:
Where is this? I know it is in Uyo, but is it a resort? So beautiful.
That's Ibom hotel resort and leisure park at Nwaniba, uyo

2 Likes

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by victorjoe(m): 11:09am On Jan 10, 2021
Praxis758:
I see Uyo taking the lead as the fastest growing city in SS and also the most beautiful city in that region.

All they need is a consistence concentration of policies and practical implementation of the ongoing infrastructural master plan that's giving it a facelift.

Akpabio really tried in laying then foundations that birthed this beautiful city.

Yes Akpabio really tried. But the original master plan was drawn by Arc Obong Victor Attah. He is he real brain behind what we are enjoying today.
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by wildikeman(m): 11:12am On Jan 10, 2021
Are there jobs

Otherwise this is nonsense
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Gerrard59(m): 11:34am On Jan 10, 2021
Beautiful pictures some of which I could not recognise.

However, the economy needs to grow exponentially to employ the teeming youths (using Nigerian politicians' parlance) as the state has the second highest rate of youth unemployment in the country. Then again, Akwa Ibom cannot do more than she can as she is in Nigeria that has not experienced GDP growth rate of 4% in five years and has the highest number of poor people in the world.

1 Like

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by 400billionman: 12:09pm On Jan 10, 2021
AustineJohn908:
Very beautiful City. I love Uyo. we aren't there yet but we are definitely in the right direction..

Located in Ikot Ekpene, 20 minutes drive from Uyo.
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by moorevic(m): 12:09pm On Jan 10, 2021
Movic1:
Akwa Ibom is beautiful. The beauty of the state is not focused on the state capital alone..

Top 5 Most beautiful state including the fct.

Lagos
Abuja
Rivers state
Akwa Ibom
Oyo State.

ABa grin grin grin grin abeg i no get strength
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Alabule: 12:12pm On Jan 10, 2021
When people call Lagos a mega city. I usually smh at their ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Osek(m): 12:43pm On Jan 10, 2021
nawa ooo and Delta state just dey there, wetin okowa dey do sef?? Upon all the money wey Dem dey give Delta state, Delta State has not even developed yet?? The day Delta State will have a visionary leader ehnn
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by AustineJohn908(m): 1:08pm On Jan 10, 2021
400billionman:

Located in Ikot Ekpene, 20 minutes drive from Uyo.
that's not what I'm talking about.. I'm talking about the one that was recently built in Bayelsa
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by AKONE(m): 2:03pm On Jan 10, 2021
FOXDOSSIER:
[s][/s]

Hahahaha he is still pained. Uyo and Awka are beautiful cities that has made Ibadan village look like a glorified rural area. Tell your governor to upgrade your Ibadan village so you can be proud to post like others. Ibadan is a glorified village and should be demolished.

Pictures: massive Ibadan village adorned with brown rustic roof and mud houses. cheesy

I'm sure you have never been to Ibadan, you have probably travelled through Ibadan. Check this out.
https://www.nairaland.com/4116083/beautiful-pictures-ibadan-city
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by bro4u: 2:14pm On Jan 10, 2021
Ilaumoh:

I don't still get your point Mr?
Dumb as I thought...
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by themaestro08(m): 3:35pm On Jan 10, 2021
Rossntti:
I don't just know why I like this picture. Imagine strolling down this road with one fine babe and a spliff.

Nonsense! Is this the reason why you are always on travel section 24/7, disparaging White people and their countries, discouraging prospective immigrants, making fruitless arguments and striking back senselessly at anyone who oppose your idiotic views and opinions?

All because of a shanty town that can't even boast of clean tap water or even stable electricity? Initially I took you seriously but I've realized how much of a fraud you are. You are a total slowpoke and anyone who takes you seriously should have a rethink. Fool angry
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by BrainEya(m): 3:49pm On Jan 10, 2021
I believe that this picture is when it was newly build.. If you see the state of this project now hmm let me not say a word.
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Praiselinks: 3:58pm On Jan 10, 2021
AustineJohn908:

It is in Ikot Ekpene
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Ilaumoh(m): 4:16pm On Jan 10, 2021
bro4u:

Dumb as I thought...
Ok sir
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Ilaumoh(m): 4:17pm On Jan 10, 2021
BrainEya:
I believe that this picture is when it was newly build..
If you see the state of this project now hmm let me not say a word.
Nop, is even much more beautiful than before
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by sniperr007(m): 4:35pm On Jan 10, 2021
Rossnitti:

Use picture to deceive people.
Uyo may have those buildings or infrastructure but with little or no economic activity apart from oil and gas.
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Patrioticbreed9(m): 4:37pm On Jan 10, 2021
Alabule:
When people call Lagos a mega city. I usually smh at their ignorance.
egbon you are the ignorant one here calling a city a mega city have nothing to do with development the term mega city is a loose term you to discribe a vibrant economic regional commercial city with a population above 8 to 9million people residing within.. now for west africa e get any city wey dey bustle pass lag ? e get any city wey get population pass lag? no lie o answer if they ask you to mention a major city in w.africa wich one you go first mention ? miami fine pass new york but e no be mega city..
.All hail Nigeria!!
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by brandmix: 4:57pm On Jan 10, 2021
SmartPolician:
Hate him or love him, the works of Godswill Akpabio will always speak for him and his family.

Before now, Calabar was overshadowing Uyo, but Akpabio came aboard and changed the narratives. May God continue to bless him.

Took all their oil wells to add to all the existing ones in the state.

Ibibio and greed. 5 &6 undecided
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by olumide4christ: 5:04pm On Jan 10, 2021
Sammy07:
Mehnnn, Uyo has left Delta, Calabar and Rivers behind sha.
within a space of 10yrs.

This is what happens when you have visionary leaders.
Tho Calabar is also trying, even without Oyel money.

Your statement is so similar to my comment on the Ibadan Moniya train station thread where I was comparing the leaders of Akwa-Ibom state with the leaders of all the other Niger Delta states and the NDDC. Some Niger Delta people are still waiting for FG to come and develop their region while their leaders have been milking them dry for 21 years!
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by olumide4christ: 5:16pm On Jan 10, 2021
mrkings84:

See how you guys just spoiled this beautiful thread with your tribalistic sentiments..... This thread was about Uyo and not Ibadan or Awka....Una no try joor

Please tell them... their tribalistic ways are just so appalling and repulsive! The thread has reached 11 pages now, just full of tribalistic sentiments and bashing!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Man Cries Out As He Spots Anthony Truck With The Container On It About To Fall / Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) / People Pay N50 To Cross Flooded Road, Including Soldiers (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.