Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta (60918 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Bauchi City, The Pearl Of Tourism And The Gateway Tonorthe / Road Drive From Akwa Ibom Airport To Uyo City / My Review Of Uyo City, Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by rockyh(m): 9:42pm On Jan 09, 2021
FOXDOSSIER:

The idiot thought he could lie to sane people. Imagine someone that live in mud house covered with brown rustic roof village called Ibadan is here to deceive sane intelligent people that live in decent organized modern climes of Uyo and Awka.
he has never been to awka in his life even the villages in awka is superb
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by rossoki: 9:42pm On Jan 09, 2021
iKON11:
Seeing this makes me wonder who do Benue like this

lol....your governors.... You must elect technocrats. Then you'll see changes.

1 Like

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Ablecia(f): 9:44pm On Jan 09, 2021
donb06:

That one at ikot ekpene junction abi.... I served in uyo it was serene.... But my biggest surprise in akwa ibom is the Nung udoe round about.... They use up to 5 plots of land so round about it was beautiful to behold
You really know the place. Akpabio said it is the biggest round about in West Africa

2 Likes

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by saintjimos(m): 9:45pm On Jan 09, 2021
AustineJohn908:
Very beautiful City. I love Uyo. we aren't there yet but we are definitely in the right direction..
Op, that Highrise building(hotel) is not in Akwa ibom state

it is situated in Ikot Ekpene LGA, Akwaibom state

2 Likes

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 09, 2021
Anybody interested in acquiring landed properties or built properties in Uyo should let me know. I have some properties here for sale and we will do all transactions through legal means to forestall fraud. indeed there are lots of opportunities coming up in Akwa Ibom state and now with the approval for the Construction of the Ibom deep seaport this is just an opportunity to get a foot hold in AKS and tap into the massive foreign currencies waiting to be poured into our construction, service and Maritime.
What's app me on 0.8.0.2.3.3.3.7.0.3.4

1 Like

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by banmee(m): 9:45pm On Jan 09, 2021
Goalnaldo:
Beautiful. Is this Nigeria? The future of that City is bright

Lol...selective pictures
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by cvlogic: 9:47pm On Jan 09, 2021
Such a beautiful city impressive!...kudos to the government. The goverment of abia state can learn a few things from uyo

2 Likes

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by DRPMJ(m): 9:48pm On Jan 09, 2021
The honorarium is working.
Please hype it small

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by ariesbull: 9:48pm On Jan 09, 2021
collinshush:

LOL.., I'm just laughing at you as you continue disgracing yourself yeah.
LOL...,

First, a bụghị m onye Ibadan but e bi go mụ there, likewise many other states in this country.

Secondly, Ibadan is far far more developed than Awka Village, yes, that's the bitter truth. I have been laughing at you all these while.

Every city has a low-end areas and a high-end areas. Those who have traveled understand what I mean. But my problem with Awka is that the entire Awka is a village, there's no place in Awka village that you can call a high-end area. The whole place is a village.

Take Owerri for instance, there's New-Owerri and there's Old-Owerri. They created New-Owerri because they want Owerri to take a City look. That's what your Governor, Obiano should be doing in Awka. He should develop Awka Village to take a City look.

Ibadan is terrible trust me ... From Iwo road to challange... Those tiny taxis and beggers with okada are nuisance

Ibadan should be demolished bro.... I think I prefer Akure , it's greenery

Awka has millennium city they are building seriously

Owerri is New Owerri ..

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Ilaumoh(m): 9:49pm On Jan 09, 2021
Akwa Ibom the future Nigeria aviation Hub

1 Like

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by ariesbull: 9:50pm On Jan 09, 2021
cvlogic:
Such a beautiful city impressive!...kudos to the government. The goverment of abia state can learn a few things from uyo
Abia is one stupid state that the Anambra and Ebonyi should buy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by ariesbull: 9:52pm On Jan 09, 2021
Ilaumoh:
Akwa Ibom the future Nigeria aviation Hub

I have flew Ibom air Bros that is not the Airport in Uyo... Uyo airport is tiny like. Room and parlor

1 Like

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Worldliness(f): 9:56pm On Jan 09, 2021
Rossnitti:

Yes it is. ...And it's not even near the national capital or major cities.

Just a little town in some remote corner of the country.

In most other African countries like Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, etc, this level of development can only be seen in the national capital.

Not so in our federal republic.

That is why we call Nigeria the Giant of Africa.

This your comment clearly shows that you are a GOAT. Lagos and Abuja do not come close to Nairobi.

1 Like

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Ilaumoh(m): 10:01pm On Jan 09, 2021
ariesbull:

I have flew Ibom air Bros that is not the Airport in Uyo... Uyo airport is tiny like. Room and parlor
If you indeed fly through the airport, you would have been observed the ongoing construction at the west flank of the airport.. The new ibom International terminal building..

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Ilaumoh(m): 10:03pm On Jan 09, 2021
Uyo at night

1 Like

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by gassbee: 10:03pm On Jan 09, 2021
I miss Akpabio. God bless him.

3 bedroom flat available for rent along Nwaniba road in Uyo. If interested, send a dm
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Dollanaira: 10:08pm On Jan 09, 2021
Oh
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by rossoki: 10:09pm On Jan 09, 2021
LordErrk:
In most other African countries like Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, etc, this level of development can only be seen in the national capital.

Not so in our federal republic.

That is why we call Nigeria the Giant of Africa.

Stop comparing one of the largest oil producing country in the world to countries with way less natural resources. Even those countries you mentioned are doing way better than Nigeria

How are they ''doing way better than Nigeria''?

What does ''doing way better'' even mean?

Go to Ghana. They have only ONE proper airport in the whole country. In Accra. The rest are just goat sheds including Kumasi airport.

Even this small Uyo we are looking at here is more developed than Kumasi, Ghana's 2nd city.

Nigeria is building an advanced railway system, with several new lines already in use and more under construction. Where is Ghana in that? Does Rwanda even have rail?

GET RID OF YOUR COMPLEX THAT TELLS YOU EVERY OTHER COUNTRY IS ''DOING WAY BETTER THAN NIGERIA''. THIS IS WHAT LEADS YOUR TYPE TO END UP IN SLAVERY IN LIBYA AND LEBANON, EATING DOG FOOD.

Nigeria produces oil, but it's nowhere near enough for our 206 million population. Our annual budget is just 35 billion dollars which is very low, meaning we need to diversify the economy and increase corporate taxation.

1 Like

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by 6ixpee(m): 10:11pm On Jan 09, 2021
AnonymousRebec:

Why are northern states not here. Lagos is not fine please. Only the Island is fine. The mainland are not fine. Many northern capitals are beautiful too. Northern state capitals have some of the best road in Nigeria.

Bros why na, me and you know say them no fine reach any southern States
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by robosky02(m): 10:13pm On Jan 09, 2021
Nice....
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by emajoe: 10:28pm On Jan 09, 2021
AustineJohn908:
Very beautiful City. I love Uyo. we aren't there yet but we are definitely in the right direction..
Op, that Highrise building(hotel) is not in Akwa ibom state
It is in Akwa Ibom.
Check it out FOUR-POINTS (in) IKOT EKPENE.
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Agugbadin: 10:28pm On Jan 09, 2021
Even with all of this Akwaibom indegens are all over Rivers state, they refuse to go home.

4 Likes

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Goodnight123: 10:40pm On Jan 09, 2021
See uyo my state

1 Like

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by ariesbull: 10:43pm On Jan 09, 2021
Ilaumoh:

If you indeed fly through the airport, you would have been observed the ongoing construction at the west flank of the airport.. The new ibom International terminal building..
Ok ... I noticed it
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by ariesbull: 10:45pm On Jan 09, 2021
Agugbadin:
Even with all of this Akwaibom indegens are all over Rivers state, they refuse to go home.
why don't all Rivers go hutsle elsewhere
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by ariesbull: 10:47pm On Jan 09, 2021
rossoki:

How are they ''doing way better than Nigeria''?

What does ''doing way better'' even mean?

Go to Ghana. They have only ONE proper airport in the whole country. In Accra. The rest are just goat sheds including Kumasi airport.

Even this small Uyo we are looking at here is more developed than Kumasi, Ghana's 2nd city.

Nigeria is building an advanced railway system, with several new lines already in use and more under construction. Where is Ghana in that? Does Rwanda even have rail?

GET RID OF YOUR COMPLEX THAT TELLS YOU EVERY OTHER COUNTRY IS ''DOING WAY BETTER THAN NIGERIA''. THIS IS WHAT LEADS YOUR TYPE TO END UP IN SLAVERY IN LIBYA AND LEBANON, EATING DOG FOOD.

Nigeria produces oil, but it's nowhere near enough for our 206 million population. Our annual budget is just 35 billion dollars which is very low, meaning we need to diversify the economy and increase corporate taxation.

Oga no dey hype yourself... Naija be poverty capital

2 Likes

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by ariesbull: 10:55pm On Jan 09, 2021
Worldliness:

This your comment clearly shows that you are a GOAT. Lagos and Abuja do not come close to Nairobi.

Lagos no even reach kigali rwandan... Lagos is 70% slum

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by MrSamsung(m): 11:01pm On Jan 09, 2021
pocohantas:
Their roads are neat and similar. Missed my way, but thanks to Google Map and a hawker.

The second pic was the point I cleared and activated my Google Map. grin
The last picture which Estate or place is that
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by hammerDK: 11:06pm On Jan 09, 2021
@ OP NO DELTA IN AKWA IBOM.

THE RIGHT TERM IS EAST.

PRESCISELY, SOUTH EAST REGION.

1 Like

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by 4ckyou: 11:08pm On Jan 09, 2021
collinshush:

LOL.., I'm just laughing at you as you continue disgracing yourself yeah.
LOL...,

First, a bụghị m onye Ibadan but e bi go mụ there, likewise many other states in this country.

Secondly, Ibadan is far far more developed than Awka Village, yes, that's the bitter truth. I have been laughing at you all these while.

Every city has a low-end areas and a high-end areas. Those who have traveled understand what I mean. But my problem with Awka is that the entire Awka is a village, there's no place in Awka village that you can call a high-end area. The whole place is a village.

Take Owerri for instance, there's New-Owerri and there's Old-Owerri. They created New-Owerri because they want Owerri to take a City look. That's what your Governor, Obiano should be doing in Awka. He should develop Awka Village to take a City look.

Bro i have been to awka, and yes awka is a nice and beautiful city

1 Like

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Coolx: 11:09pm On Jan 09, 2021
Rossntti:
I don't just know why I like this picture. Imagine strolling down this road with one fine babe and a spliff.

which area is this
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Felicity0001: 11:13pm On Jan 09, 2021
Sammy07:
Mehnnn, Uyo has left Delta, Calabar and Rivers behind sha.
within a space of 10yrs.

This is what happens when you have visionary leaders.
Tho Calabar is also trying, even without Oyel money.

Every governors back to back has been PDP... grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). / How Were They Able To Construct The Great Pyramid Without Modern Machineries? / Man Cries Out As He Spots Anthony Truck With The Container On It About To Fall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.